Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Sex In Pregnancy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex In Pregnancy (1233 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe / Couple Arrested While Having Sex In Open Room In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex In Pregnancy by chriskosherbal(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2016
SEX IN PREGNANCY.

Pregnancy is a time when physical closeness can become very fulfilling. The excitement both partners feel can be expressed sexually, adding to the richness of their relationship. Many women allow the physical discomforts associated with their pregnancy to hamper their sex life, and they always claim that sex is not too enjoyable. It is important to establish that pregnancy is not a sickness; it is a stage of life and therefore, the sexual life of the couple should not be made to suffer unduly.

Some men find that a partner’s pregnancy enhances her attractiveness, and many women feel particularly good about their bodies at this time. Indeed, the pelvic congestion that occurs as the baby grows makes some women more quickly aroused. Many couples are concerned about whether sex during pregnancy can harm the developing baby. For most pregnancies, most of the time, there is absolutely no need to worry, but there are some circumstances in which you may be advised not to have full sex.

If you have a previous history of miscarriage, or had a threatened miscarriage of this pregnancy, doctors advise against having sex at the time your period would normally have been due. Also, any woman with a very low-lying placenta is usually advised to avoid sex. If you have any concerns at all about sex, do discuss them with your doctor. In a normal pregnancy, sexual intercourse is not a problem, though as the stomach grows bigger, the couple needs to avoid positions with the man on top. Sexual life can continue right through to the last stages of the pregnancy.

Some couples fear that full intercourse later on in pregnancy, can harm the baby or break the waters but this is really not the case. In late pregnancy, sex may cause contractions to occur. These are “practice” contractions, and some women experience them throughout the last few weeks of pregnancy. Others hardly feel them.

Orgasm can set them off, but they usually fade away after a few minutes. For many couples, pregnancy provides the opportunity to develop and enhance their sex life to include more touching, stroking, cuddling and massage. Many of these skills can induce deep relaxation and satisfaction.

Sex can be a pleasant, natural way to start labour when the pregnancy is overdue. A woman’s body produces hormones during lovemaking which can help nudge her into labour, and male semen contains substances called prostaglandins which can help start contractions. It will only do this, however, if the mother and the baby are ready for labour.

Even if couples don’t feel inclined to make love, simply stroking, massaging, touching and hugging can have the same effect and give a lot of joy.

1 Like

Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chukxie(m): 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks for sharing this very informative article. I'll share it with my wife because she's very worried about us having sex now that she's pregnant with our second child.
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chriskosherbal(m): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
chukxie:
Thanks for sharing this very informative article. I'll share it with my wife because she's very worried about us having sex now that she's pregnant with our second child.
you are welcome, sir
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by omogidi234(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good one @ OP.
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chriskosherbal(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
omogidi234:
Good one @ OP.
thanks a lot
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chukxie(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Let's see if this topic would make front page considering it's neither some celebrity gossip story nor an APC vs PDP wrestlemania.
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chriskosherbal(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
chukxie:
Let's see if this topic would make front page considering it's neither some celebrity gossip story nor an APC vs PDP wrestlemania.
hmmmm it's well ooo
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by ozodimgba(m): 3:35am On Aug 13, 2016
Noted. In4mative I must say.
Re: Sex In Pregnancy by chriskosherbal(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2016
ozodimgba:
Noted. In4mative I must say.
thanks a lot I must appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Real Story Of A Distressed Single Mum / “the Man My Husband First Saw In Our Bedroom Was My Classmate In Primary School" / Can You Employ This Lady As House Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.