Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States (98968 Views)

Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by GoodofNaija: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Achorise:
Brother this isn't deceit, Adesina was a rare gem.

you know there was a total boost in the agric sector compared to what it is today.

No wonder the product is now scarce and expensive after importation was banned. You can tell that to the gullible ones! grin
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Comtee(f): 4:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
tongue :Dhmmm..yummy I like Ofada rice

2 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by allymarry89(f): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
olaolaking:
Back in those days, I use to go to rice farm to harvest in a town called Ire - Ekiti. They specialize in rice farming. We also have another town called Igbemo - Ekiti. But Ekiti state government can not even leverage on that to put its name on this list. Fayose never bothered
You are so correct,especially Igbemo rice.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by wealthywiseman: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Alvinnado:
I love Ebonyi (Abakiliki) rice is really delicious that's what me and my family are eating since a bag of foreign rice is 20k.......they call it stone free,is really good,I guarantee it. Nigeria don't know where to invest their money,let BUHARI keep searching for oil in Chad basin

Good, what is the cost of a bag and where can we get it.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by highwaist: 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
scholes0:
Ofada Rice
Ogun State

The most popular locally produced rice in Nigeria. wink

not only popular,its very rich and expensive

1 Like

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by jiggar(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
"Taps mic and clears throat"

I wonder when we would discuss issues on Nairaland, without attaching politics to it.

Some people are already, giving credit and kudos to Jonathan, while others are hailing Buhari.

Is it that, we are not ready to move forward, progressively? Or is it that, we just don't care?

What has name calling got to do with rice being available?
The word suffering, poverty, no job, no food is English, and not Jonathan or Buhari.

There is no disease/earthquake/bomb or death itself, called Buhari or Jonathan. But alas, my people will always find a way of changing the main focus of a thread, to something which is inconsequential.

We are all struggling to serve, thanks to God Almighty. Let's leave politics out of some of these discussions.
People are out there hungry, and we are here insulting and raining curses on each other, over matters that has not and will not help, the ordinary man on the streets.

Please, let's stop the insult and appreciate those, producing the rice for now. God willing, it shall be well with all of us.

"Drops mic and leaves"

3 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by faithalone(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Please, how can we get this product in bulk, I need contact of producers or sellers, tks
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by LydayBobo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
shaboti:
who are you to say whether it will last or not, not like you have enough money to buy one bag.
I am LydayBobo. Be mindful of how you talk to people on social platforms.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
As long as they have not flooded Lagos , all this are still media propaganda
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by sevenhundred(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
manny4life:
I would never understand why Buhari cannot continue GEJ's footstep in agricultural development. Anyway, this is good news, they just need to be encouraged and well funded.
GEJ footstep?
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by rubyradiance(f): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
I really don't mind buying Nigeria's rice after all I eat garri and ofada rice but when I wanted to buy rice last week I didn't see any of these rice in Benin city had to buy those imported fit almost 18k

1 Like

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Fidelismaria: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
I swear I neva see any of dem for market.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by wristbangle: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ofada appears to be the best local rice in terms of taste in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by murphybo(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
The list is never complete without Igbemo Rice from Ekiti. Stone free and the most nutritious rice ever produced in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Achorise: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
GoodofNaija:

No wonder the product is now scarce and expensive after importation was banned. You can tell that to the gullible ones! grin
Will you have the guts to banned if there was nothing already on ground?
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by murmee: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
bkak:
Kudos to Nigerian farmers. Very soon Nigeria is going to be one of the largest rice producing country in the world.
And I say a big AMEN to that.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by justnnecky(f): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
If all these rice exist then why is there scarcity of rice plus increase in price?
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Wizzyblack3(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Niyinficient:
Whr is Igbemo rice in Ekiti? This rice has been feeding Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Kogi, Kwara states since time immemorial! Long before Ofada and co came to bear.....

Whr is Igbemo rice o Fayose?
[i][/i][email][/email]
I remember my time is Ogotun Ekiti, there is this rice they called ''Konde'', its very popular in areas like Ogotun, Igbara-odo, Ilawe and Ado, it serves as a cheaper alternative to Thai rice. Much sweeter than Ofada rice.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by umehnolly(m): 5:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
Am yet to see any of these products in the market.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by kingsol1759(m): 5:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Charly68:
That is why you can't find Igbemo Ekiti Rice or Ire Ekiti rice on the list. Our executive Governor is a marketeer & not a producer.

Here is one from ekiti. They have the largest production capacity in the state I heard.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Ayus34(m): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
olaolaking:
Back in those days, I use to go to rice farm to harvest in a town called Ire - Ekiti. They specialize in rice farming. We also have another town called Igbemo - Ekiti. But Ekiti state government can not even leverage on that to put its name on this list. Fayose never bothered
Igbemo is also into rice production,goggle igbemo rice and u will see it,a private company is partnering with the community to add value to it,with their rice milling factory......reason they called it IGBEMO RICE.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by shamecurls(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Too Bad! Na Only Obiano imprint hin picture on bag of rice grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by justjify(m): 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where is Audu Ogbe?
Where is the Ngige?
Where is Hajiya Aisha Bubakar ?

I hope they are not blind,and deaf to this development.
This is the time to reduce rice importation by 50%
Flood, flood and flood the market with these made in naija rice to grow the economy.
This is a simple policy that a brilliant secondary school graduate can implement. But our acient of days ministers and president would be busy showcasing how dumb they are.
This is so nauseating angry
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by SycophanticGoat: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
These products needs serious rebranding.. Names not appealing at all, except that Olam and Labana rice.. undecided
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Where can i get a rice processing machine and at what price can i get it ? please your answer is very necessary
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by moshould(m): 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
Na only news papers and tv screens we dey see cheap rice, please where can I get cheap rice to buy ? I don't care where it was planted...
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by DisGuy: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
manny4life:
I would never understand why Buhari cannot continue GEJ's footstep in agricultural development. Anyway, this is good news, they just need to be encouraged and well funded.

have they stopped any?
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by GoodofNaija: 6:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Achorise:
Will you have the guts to banned if there was nothing already on ground?

You can say that again! grin. You mean there was no farming in Nigeria until gej came cheesy
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Apollux(m): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
fingard02k:
Labana Rice – Kebbi State

Ebonyi Rice – Ebonyi State
Sorry but a point of correction. Ebonyi rice is not the name of that rice. The name of the one in red colour is EBONY GOLD and the green colour is EBONY SUPER. Both r produced by EBONY AGRO INDUSTRIES located in Ebonyi state.
Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
publicity rice!

1 Like

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by Chukazu: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
why do we like to politicize everything, why do they have to put Obiano's pictures on the bag of rice?
wht happens when he is no longer the governor, they would print another image I guess?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States by kulekaa(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Otarkpa:
Thanks to GEJ and Adeshina
just shut d Bleep up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers / Strange Yam Looking Like A Hand Harvested In Ekiti (Photos) / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.