Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,444 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

How To Match Colours For Your Outfit - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Match Colours For Your Outfit (3532 Views)

A Kenyan Man Wears Colourful Suits To Match His Phones / To Be Trendy In Your Outfit / Lovey Ladies - 12 Tips To Make Your Outfit Look Expensive Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 2:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
It took me years to learn about colours, I guess I didn’t pay much attention to it while growing up. I used to think there are just few colours, i.e. black, white, and the primary colours. But when I started developing much interest in fashion, I discovered there are endless numbers of colours available and one must also be able to combine them well. I would say some people are gifted in the area of combining colors. They can just combine anything. But for some others, they have to learn it especially if their work is fashion related. It’s just like a skill that has to be learned, one way or the other.

Combining colours in dressing is not a big deal, you only need to follow the logic and be careful so as not to go off the trend, it’s simple but systematic. Colours generally have to do with feelings, moods and purposes which have to be expressed by the way they are used. So it means, you can create the kind of impression you want through the colors you combine and wear. In some other works where color applications matter, colors are used in healing the soul, defining a company’s brand.

Doing this exercise, we will make use of The Color Wheel, which was developed by Sir Isaac Newton in 1666. I believe this is the safest way of selecting and combining colors. This helps in identifying colours that complement one another and the ones that cause disharmony. You can even download the colour wheel on your phone for easy accessibility.

Match colours that are complimentary e.g. black and white (just as the common saying opposites attract). You can wear clothes of different shades of the same colour or similar colours. It’s always look good together. You literally cannot go wrong with the use of neutrals in colour mixing e.g. Black, Brown, Grey, White, Silver, Gold etc. You can match a dark colour with light colours. Don’t wear or match dark colours or light colours all through in your dressing. For example, bright red on dark green will look better than wearing bright red on bright green.

Matching two or more colours together:

Match colours that are directly next to each other.
Match colours that are directly opposite each other
Match colours that are 2 colours apart i.e. 90 degrees apart.
Matching three colours together (For Ladies)
Match colours that form the letter T on the wheel.
Match colours that form the letter X on the wheel and also
Be careful with patterned, strips, flower tops/shirt when matching them with your skirt/trouser. Pattern doesn’t go well on pattern so also the latter, better to let one of the cloth be patterned, and if it’s a three pieces of cloth, let only one be patterned.
Finally, always remember that wearing clothes with matching colours is not enough, be Stylish, Elegant and always wear Confidence! See you again soon.

1 Like

Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
for more tips on this visit adorasplace . wordpress . com
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by Elegantdiva: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
Following
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 10:34am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2016
good morning
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 8:43am On Sep 19, 2016
Good Morning
Re: How To Match Colours For Your Outfit by dharmielol(f): 1:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
Good day

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Makeup Transformation!!!! Before Meets After! / Can I Use Black Opal Concealer,mary Kay Foundation,& Iman Loose Powder Together? / Latest Jumpsuit Styles 2022 | 60 Stylish And Gorgeous Jumpsuit Styles For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.