Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49111 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by DMainMan: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Eligibility

To apply for these scholarships, you must:
Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
By October 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)
The CSC promotes equal opportunity, gender equity, and cultural exchange. Applications are encouraged from a diverse range of candidates. The CSC is committed to administering and managing its scholarships and fellowships in a fair and transparent manner – for more information, see the CSC anti-fraud policy.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by DMainMan: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
All applications must be submitted by 23.59 (GMT) on 15 November 2016 at the latest.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the EAS will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
You must provide the following supporting documentation to be received by the CSC by 6 January 2017 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
References from at least two individuals
Transcripts
For PhD candidates only, supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK from at least one of the institutions named on your application form
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
how about the link to apply?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by DMainMan: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
To apply:

come here : https://csc.do-it-online.org.uk/csc/ElectronicApplicationSystem.htm

Try to get admission to one of these UK universities to boost your chance: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/uk-universities/

For further information : http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

I heard guys last year were angry due to Federal Scholarship board nepotism in nominated list with no clear stance, and a petition movement was planned on changing the system. It might be successful if you guys email and give your feedback to commonwealth by sending an email to: eas@cscuk.org.uk.

Czech republic is also giving us BSc, Msc and PhD scholarships. For other information and many more
Come to: https://www.facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Matrix07: 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
hello,wat about the issue of national nominating agency.are we applying through them or we shld just apply thru that link. So ao s the national nomination going to work.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by guiddoti: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by musicwriter(m): 1:43am On Aug 13, 2016
Before you all jump into this seemingly harmless opportunity, check on my previous warnings to fellow Africans since last year about a clandestine UK policy to re-invent slavery in former British colonies.

As Britain plan to exit the European Union, their only hope of survival is to re-invent slavery in third world countries. This they plan to achieve in various long term schemes, including by baiting you with scholarship offers, and other incentives of which the ultimate goal is to control your mind, to de-Africanize you, to control your intellect, to make you an educated fool.

The slavery of the 21st century would be different, so don't expect a chain on your neck. Don't expect a chain on your hands. The chain would be on your mind and the vehicle is education.

Education is the biggest tool of mind control. That's why Adolf Hitler said ''let me control the textbooks and I'll control the mind of the nation''.

By the way, the commomwealth of nations was originally called ''the British Commonwealth'' it was only renamed in the 1940's, and the purpose is to conceal the true meaning to enhance their deceit to fool you the more. Be informed, the commonwealth is a remnant colonial institution comprising members of all nations enslaved by Britain. Therefore, the commonwealth clearly isn't there for your interest, but for the interest of Britain. Believe it or not, by applying for this scholarship you acknowledge you are a slave!. Yes, I prefer to tell you the whole truth.

Note: I' am not saying you shouldn't apply, but I want you have these things at the back of your mind, because they fooled our ancestors before- a cordial trade in gold and cash crops gradually turned to slavery. Always have it at the back of your mind that the people you're dealing with are the descendants of the same people that enslaved your forefathers, and they still somehow consider you a slave.

Be warned!.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by CapitalCee(m): 8:21am On Aug 13, 2016
musicwriter:
Before you all jump into this seemingly harmless opportunity, check on my previous warnings to fellow Africans since last year about a clandestine UK policy to re-invent slavery in former British colonies.

As Britain plan to exit the European Union, their only hope of survival is to re-invent slavery in third world countries. This they plan to achieve in various long term schemes, including by baiting you with scholarship offers, and other incentives of which the ultimate goal is to control your mind, to de-Africanize you, to control your intellect, to make you an educated fool.

The slavery of the 21st century would be different, so don't expect a chain on your neck. Don't expect a chain on your hands. The chain would be on your mind and the vehicle is education.

Education is the biggest tool of mind control. That's why Adolf Hitler said ''let me control the textbooks and I'll control the mind of the nation''.

By the way, the commomwealth of nations was originally called ''the British Commonwealth'' it was only renamed in the 1940's, and the purpose is to conceal the true meaning to enhance their deceit to fool you the more. Be informed, the commonwealth is a remnant colonial institution comprising members of all nations enslaved by Britain. Therefore, the commonwealth clearly isn't there for your interest, but for the interest of Britain. Believe it or not, by applying for this scholarship you acknowledge you are a slave!. Yes, I prefer to tell you the whole truth.

Note: I' am not saying you shouldn't apply, but I want you have these things at the back of your mind, because they fooled our ancestors before- a cordial trade in gold and cash crops gradually turned to slavery. Always have it at the back of your mind that the people you're dealing with are the descendants of the same people that enslaved your forefathers, and they still somehow consider you a slave.

Be warned!.

I don't really understand your point, are u saying they just want to choose the best brains from Africa?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by musicwriter(m): 9:08am On Aug 13, 2016
CapitalCeee:

I don't really understand your point, are u saying they just want to choose the best brains from Africa?

Yes, and its popularly called ''brain drain''. I was simply explaining how it works as nothing is being said in the media about how it actually works.

There's an ongoing clandestine western policy to take the best brains out of third world countries, and it have been going on for many years. Just take a trip to their embassies and you'll see that only those Africans with potentials get the longest visa duration.

That's why you have more qualified Nigerian doctors in the US alone than the entire African continent!. And its like that in so many other professions that Africa actually need to develop. Our best brains are systematically being stolen, thereby constantly depleting us of the same professionals we actually need here in Africa to develop. When you understand these things, you'll understand the world's system of things is set up to perpetually keep us dependent and education is the latest vehicle.

If you stop a moment and think about it, you'll discover the current brainwashing model of education we inherited from Britain is part of slavery!. What we need is re-invent education in Africa and create our own version of education and study on our own terms. Only then shall we be free!. I've been saying this for years, but it seems my people are too blind to understand.

Again, don't expect a chain on your neck or hands in the slavery of the 21st century. The chain would be on our minds.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2016
musicwriter:

Yes, and its popularly called ''brain drain''. I was simply explaining how it works as nothing is being said in the media about how it actually works.

There's an ongoing clandestine western policy to take the best brains out of third world countries, and it have been going on for many years. Just take a trip to their embassies and you'll see that only those Africans with potentials get the longest visa duratuions.

That's why you have more qualified Nigerian doctors in the US alone than the entire African continent!. And its like that in so many other professions that Africa actually need to develop. Our best brains are systematically being stolen, thereby constantly depleting us of the same professions we actually need here in Africa to develop. The world is set up to perpertually keep us dependent and education is the latest vehicle.

If you stop a moment and think about it, you'll see the current brainwashing model of education we inherited from Britain is already part of slavery!. What we need is re-invent education in Africa and create our own version of education and study on our own terms. Only then shall we be free!. I've been saying this for years, but it seems my people are too blind to understand.

Again, don't expect a chain on your neck or hands in the slavery of the 21st century. The chain would be on our minds.

been following ur post for a while, it seems u are totally against the west, u back up ur reason with some kind of conspiracy theories, well u might be right, to some extend i reason with ur ideology of intellectual slavery, but look at it from this point of view, I am a young African youth with vision and vibrant mind,I av goals ahead of me but the government av refused to create an enabling environment for me, there is an offer outside there at little or no cost for me to set me on a high pedestal and achieve my goals, with an unbounded desire to reach a limitless height, what do you expect of me? to grab the opportunity even though I know it is purposely to enslave my insensitive nation and continually make them dependent or stick to my country and remain a mediocre for live? which i know i'll regret even in my grave yard.
I am of this school of thought, as long as a community continuously receive and depends on donations in any form, they will forever remain dependent in all aspect of live. but when you take care of your own, they will take care of you, a simple tool yet effective, the Jews have been making use of and they remain one of the richest group of people scattered all over. but then as an individual here, there is a limit to what we can do, as the politicians steal the money meant for developing the nation and foolishly develop the western countries because of their selfishness and extravagant lifestyle. what can a common man do rather than to grab any opportunity available or face life the way it presents itself.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by guiddoti: 8:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
The truth is that most of the scholarship in our nation is not being followed or monitored. It's like having from the shared cake. The guy above me has just told the truth, only if you have bad thought for the west.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by mare23ayo(m): 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
it's called brain drain
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Adex097: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2016
bmdflo:

been following ur post for a while, it seems u are totally against the west, u back up ur reason with some kind of conspiracy theories, well u might be right, to some extend i reason with ur ideology of intellectual slavery, but look at it from this point of view, I am a young African youth with vision and vibrant mind,I av goals ahead of me but the government av refused to create an enabling environment for me, there is an offer outside there at little or no cost for me to set me on a high pedestal and achieve my goals, with an unbounded desire to reach a limitless height, what do you expect of me? to grab the opportunity even though I know it is purposely to enslave my insensitive nation and continually make them dependent or stick to my country and remain a mediocre for live? which i know i'll regret even in my grave yard.
I am of this school of thought, as long as a community continuously receive and depends on donations in any form, they will forever remain dependent in all aspect of live. but when you take care of your own, they will take care of you, a simple tool yet effective, the Jews have been making use of and they remain one of the richest group of people scattered all over. but then as an individual here, there is a limit to what we can do, as the politicians steal the money meant for developing the nation and foolishly develop the western countries because of their selfishness and extravagant lifestyle. what can a common man do rather than to grab any opportunity available or face life the way it presents itself.
I absolutely agree with you. I will choose brain drain over "brain dead" or "brain waste" any day anytime.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by mirakuru(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2016
Adex097:

I absolutely agree with you. I will choose brain drain over "brain dead" or "brain waste" any day anytime.
this one got me laughing o..

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2016
Nigerians are funny sha. You don't hold your useless and corrupt politicians accountable to providing a conducive environment for it best brains you keep blaming the West for most of the misfortunes of Nigeria whereas it is your leaders that are killing you, looting away your resources, sending all their schools to this same schools in the UK. Even your current President has a daughter in the UK.
I am not saying the West have good intentions with most of this schemes but blame your stupid and corrupt leaders/Politicians who have failed at the responsibility to improve education and standards of living. Blame the docile citizens who have refused to hold their leaders accountable. STOP BLAMING THE WEST ALL THE TIME FOR YOUR OWN MISFORTUNES CAUSED BY YOUR LEADERS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2016
Last, I checked Commonwealth is not by force. USA a former British colony is not a part of this organization.You can tell your government to opt out just like Brexit.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2016
Pushas:
Last, I checked Commonwealth is not by force. USA a former British colony is not a part of this organization.You can tell your government to opt out just like Brexit.

Abi oo, the thing tire me sef.

We are always blaming others for our problems in this country.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
khattab008:

Abi oo, the thing tire me sef.

We are always blaming others for our problems in this country.
No mind them Africa always playing the victim. All our politicians and leaders send their kids with stolen money to these same UK schools we don't complain about this, we always blame the West.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pushas:
No mind them Africa always playing the victim. All our politicians and leaders send their kids with stolen money to these same UK schools we don't complain about this, we always blame the West.

Quite unfortunate, that's why we are where we are today.

Rather than channeling our grievances towards our leaders we'll be busy blaming others or calling on God to come down and solve our problems.

The country just tire person.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
khattab008:

Quite unfortunate, that's why we are where we are today.

Rather than channeling our grievances towards our leaders we'll be busy blaming others or calling on God to come down and solve our problems.

The country just tire person.
It is quite sad. So bro are you applying?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pushas:
It is quite sad. So bro are you applying?

Yes, will probably apply to schools separately to boost one's chance.

The supporting documents, reference and transcript, are not yet ready though, but hopefully they will before the closing date.

Are you also applying?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by dallygoodfellow: 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
I agree with the brain drain and brain waste saga both of u are right in ur own pespectives but brain waste issue cannot be possible if we do resist them unanimously during elections so we still play dirty roles in make them corrupt leaders so we are conciously or unconciously architects of our problems
its better to take the brain drain option because we all are serious first class slaves in our own country check out attributes of slavery(restricted freedom of speech,work without salary,no social secruity,still pay taxes and still die at stampede looking for job)and see whether u are not a slave in NIGERIA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
khattab008:

Yes, will probably apply to schools separately to boost one's chance.

The supporting documents, reference and transcript, are not yet ready though, but hopefully they will before the closing date.

Are you also applying?
I don't think so. Just be careful. As this scholarship is always manipulated by the Federal Scholarship Board Nigeria who serve as the nominating agency here. You can check last year's thread. I am actually waiting for CSS that one is purely based on merit.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 10:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Pushas:
I don't think so. Just be careful. As this scholarship is always manipulated by the Federal Scholarship Board Nigeria who serve as the nominating agency here. You can check last year's thread. I am actually waiting for CSS that one is purely based on merit.

A friend told me about the nominating agency issue, but there's no harm in trying.

I also want to use the application to test ground, never applied for a postgraduate scholarship before.

Also want to use the application to see which lecturers I will use for future applications as references.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
khattab008:

A friend told me about the nominating agency issue, but there's no harm in trying.

I also want to use the application to test ground, never applied for a postgraduate scholarship before.

Also want to use the application to see which lecturers I will use for future applications as references.
True. There is no harm in trying. Good luck
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by guiddoti: 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pushas:
I pray nepotism will be flush out from federal scholarship board.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
guiddoti:
I pray nepotism will be flush out from federal scholarship board.
I hope so. All Federal Government MDAs are affected by this.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 5:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Pushas:
True. There is no harm in trying. Good luck

Thanks.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2016
khattab008:

Thanks.
Bro, How far with your application.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2016
Pushas:
Bro, How far with your application.

Very far oo.
I have being busy with other things and have not even started the application process at all.

I might not even apply cos my transcript might not be ready before the stipulated time and alot of people seem to think it's a waste of time.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2016
khattab008:

Very far oo.
I have being busy with other things and have not even started the application process at all.

I might not even apply cos my transcript might not be ready before the stipulated time and alot of people seem to think it's a waste of time.
No wahala. Seems you are giving up already.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by khattab008: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pushas:
No wahala. Seems you are giving up already.

Not really, will try to the start the application process this weekend hopefully.

Are you through?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Vacancy For Administrative Assistant At US Embassy, Nigeria (₦2,111,000 Monthly) / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.