Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) (4079 Views)

The Adventure Of Idris [AN ACTION THRILLER] By Musty / The Fulcrum (an Action Packed Spy Thriller) / The Package [crime Action Thriller] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 11:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Beware, O ye corrupt leaders, for the Nivenger is coming for you!

Soon coming...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
The Nivenger
by Kachi Ugo

kachiugo3@gmail.com

Copyright, 2016.

All rights reserved.

I use the dark as cover as I trot up to the black gate. The massive lawn and the sprawling glass mansion which it encloses is visible through the bar style gate. There are no security guards in sight, but I can see about three cameras on my side of the house ceaselessly spinning on their axis and covering every square inch of the expansive backyard. I can’t hope for the darkness to shield my approach to the visible small backdoor because of the huge floodlights. I pull my face closer to the iron bars of the gate and take three sniffs. It was just as I was thinking. The gates are electrified. A thought comes to my mind which causes me to tremble. I take a closer look at the security cameras. Upon closer inspection, I see the tiny blue light blinking beside the red light both at the bottom of the lens. It tells me only one thing: the cameras have motion sensors. So even if the guards, wherever they were stationed in the house, were all asleep, as soon as I step on the grounds of the house, the alarms would go off. And with the status of the owner of the house, it wouldn’t take reinforcements more than five minutes to arrive. As I crouched in the dark, mere inches beyond the reach of the floodlights, I begin to realize just how impossible my task is. The house is too large to cover in the little time I have. Where are the guards? What is the inside of the house like?

I have a decision to make. Usually, as soon as I notice that I am surprised by certain aspects of the defense of my target, I turn away and come back later better prepared. But this time, I am finding it hard to turn away. Maybe it has something to do with the mix of rage and hurt that has brewed into a potent elixir and was poising my heart. Maybe it has something to do with Ola having left me, I’m not sure. Or maybe it was the fact that my target was a very elusive man. It had taken me three months to track the senator. I have been trailing him on Social Media from Chicago to Palestine to the UK then to Brazil and now he has finally returned to Nigeria. According to his Instagram upload, he’s in his Banana Island mansion until the end of the weekend that is Sunday tomorrow. This is the only day I have. Tomorrow the man flies for New Jersey and he might not return to Lagos again for another three months.

And it is very, very crucial that this senator dies today. Everything depends on it.

I quickly make the decision to forge ahead into the unknown. I place my small backpack which contains all the tools I use to get passed security systems. As I pull out all the devices I think I would use for this particular security system I mutter phrases of the national anthem. It has become a norm for me to mutter the national anthem during the course of my missions to remind myself that what I’m doing is for the good of Nigeria. I am not a murder, nor am I an assassin. I am the savior of my country. I am the shred of clothing that keeps it bound together. And the universe seems to agree with my self-appointed role. I say this because it has only been six months since I became what I am, yet whenever my name is called it strikes fear in the hearts of the corrupt.

Arise! O Compatriots, I mutter as I raise the electric field disruptor to the gate. The disruptor looks like a PS 3 controller with two short aluminum antennas. The antennas touch the bars and a green light comes on. I press the single middle button and there is a brief spark that disappears as soon as it appears. The green light turns red, telling me that the gates are no longer electrified. Just to confirm, I take a piece of metal from my open backpack and gently strike the gate. No spark. Good.

Someone might have seen the disruption of the electrical field on the camera, so I wait for a full three minutes, muttering the anthem to myself: to serve our fatherland, with love and strength and faith…

No one raises an alarm.

The next thing I do is put back the disruptor in the backpack and seal it up. I take the only other item I had retrieved from my backpack and stick it to the tip of one of my arrows. As I do this, muttering the anthem, I feel for my quiver and the sharp edges of the arrow tips reassure me. Did I tell you I hate guns? They are so impersonal.

Once I have firmly attached the device to the arrow, I rise to my feet, notch the arrow, aim and let loose in a single fluid motion that take less than a second to execute. Even as the arrow sails through the air, I am leaping over the gate. The arrow strike the camera before it can record my landing on the lawn and trigger an alarm, infecting it with a custom made virus that is right now shutting down the security systems. If anyone is watching, all they will know is that the systems are restarting. They will never suspect that I am coming. Everyone who has died by my hands never saw me coming.

I cross the lawn in seconds and slip into the mansion, muttering to myself: one nation bound in freedom, peace and unity.

I come into a huge kitchen with a blazing florescent light tube overhead. I don’t have time to look at the shiny utensils or gold studded cooking equipment because there is a guard ahead by a door in the right who reaches for his gun. Trained by instinct and tested by numerous battles, my finger brushes a leathery hilt by my side and comes back up in a blur. The guard’s hands immediately changes vector from his holster to his chest as he clutches the knife that buries itself in his heart. He chokes for a while before collapsing to the ground. I would like to leave my knife in his chest but there are more guards to kill. I step up to the guard and pull my knife out of his body. I clean off the blood stain on my white vest, making sure the red smears the green embossed emblem: NYSC.

I pull out my tablet and look at the building’s schematic. Not only has my virus shutdown the security cameras, but also it has sent to me a rough electrical schematic representation of the house. I study the map for a minute and I figure out where the master bedroom is. My heart begins to race. I can actually pull this off.

Oh God of creation, direct my noble cause.

I slip through the door into a wide corridor and make it swiftly to the stairs without incidence. It is helpful that most of the house inhabitants, like the house maids, are asleep. I meet about three more guards before I get to the senator’s room. Two I drop with an arrow, which I leave in their bodies (the knives, I do not leave), while the third I sneak up behind and slit his throat. As I stand before the door, I hear deep moans, one husky and masculine, while the other high pitched and feminine. Anger twists the pit of my belly and I almost make a costly mistake by kicking down the door. I compose myself, muttering the next phrase of the anthem: To build a nation where peace…

The phrase begins to work until I hear the senator in the throes of pleasure say: “Take a piece of the national cake, baby, take it,” the harlot responding with deeper moans. Enraged, I roar like a mad man and kick down the door. Like the wind, I flow into the huge bedroom, pulling an arrow, notching it, and aiming at the chest of the senator.

“What is this!” the senator yells, pulling out of the prostitute and pushing her n*ked body away as though it is plagued. He tries to reach for his clothes, but I raise my aim to his eyes and he stops.

“Senator Makinde Ayodele,” I say in a very deep voice, “YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY!”

“Wait,” the senator says, his persona turning from defiant to beggarly in a split second. “I can pay you double. I can…” and he begins to reel out promises.

However, I am done listening to him. I mutter to myself the last line of the anthem—the one that matters most to me: and Justice shall reign. I let the arrow fly, watching with satisfaction as it tears through flesh, breaks through the skull, passes through brain matter, and punctures through the back of the head. The senator dies instantly.

And then the alarms go off.

Ignoring the prostitute who was cowering naked in the corner, I use one of my knives to draw blood from the senator’s heart and scribble something on the highly polished wooden floor. Then I take one last look at the door, where the first guard is rushing into the bedroom, gun raised. I act quickly and my knife meets his onrushing body at his eyes and he collapses forward, dead. I take the gun from his hand and shoot the harlot twice in the head, deeming her unworthy of dying by my knives or arrows. I hear running boots headed up the stairs, so I retrieve my knife and run for the window. I climb out and jump over the rail guard. It’s only a single story. I land with a roll and hightail it towards the gate. As I scale the fence, I hear the wail of sirens in the distance. It isn’t even up to five minutes and the police are already here. Well, it is too late already.

I take one last look at the mansion and smile. Then I vanish into the night.

THE END

The Nivenger will return in the next update…

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
THE UPRISING
by Kachi Ugo

This August 19

Get ready...

Five Star Review By Ramona Plant

This is a captivating read and difficult to put this book down. Kachi has a very pleasant writing style and the story develops beautifully following a great pace, which is important to me. This is definitely a great start to a new series I will keep reading.

Sarah develops throughout the story to a very strong heroine. I struggled a little bit with her since she on one hand does anything to get her son back, regardless on how many will die, but also fights a greater organization with many flaws. So I am definitely looking forward to hear more about her.

There seems to have been a couple of times where the story didn’t make sense. One on hand her husband warns her that the GEA is on their tail, yet towards the end he seems to have no clue that she is the one behind this new group fighting the GEA.

I am definitely looking forward to read more about her story.

I have received this book from the author for an honest review. (LoP, Lovers of Paranormal)

Four Star Review By Zippergirl

Kachi Ugo is a writer to watch–he has a head full of stories and he pours them out on the page as fast as the reader can follow. The Uprising is only the latest of his works, and it is a fresh, powerful fantasy featuring the kick-ass Sarah Justice who is all about getting her baby back in this volume. Her son has been ripped out of this time and place and into the future thru a portal. But she’s not alone in this mission, she has a band of Elementals who would follow her to Hell and back.

The science/magic of this world is astonishing in its fresh skills: Fire, Air, Water, and Earth Elementals people this prelude to two series: one titled Levitators and a young adult series called Mewranters.

The action starts on page one–don’t miss it.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Read these reviews on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30655376-the-uprising

More updates on The Nivenger coming soon...

[What do you think of The Nivenger? Did you notice any reference to a popular TV show? I'd love to hear from you, my fellow writers!]

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
All rights reserved.

Breaking New: The Nivenger Strikes Again!

In the late hours of Saturday night, Senator Makinde Ayodele was murdered by the Niveger. The senator from west Lagos senatorial zone was found in a pool of his own blood by his guards when they had heard a commotion in his room. Several weeks ago, evidence surfaced that indicated Senator Makinde in an embezzlement scheme of the funds released by the federal government for the production of a clean water facility to serve western Lagos rural communities. The government had been ineffective in indicting the senator and he seemed to have gone scot-free. However, where the judiciary system failed in that it was weak, the Nivenger has succeeded.

Also deceased was the senator’s mistress and a couple of guards. Scribbled on the floor of his room was the trademark sign: The Nivenger. The government has come forward to condemn this act and has also increased the bounty on the head of the Nivenger to one million dollars. But the question is, would Nigerians be willing to sell the Nivenger, whoever he is, out?

Ever since he became a national phenomenon, the Nivenger has always been known for going after corrupt leaders of government and industries. His work has been so effective that whenever his name is mentioned fear strikes the heart of the corrupt. Always, whenever a corrupt detail about some of our nations’s heads comes to light, the Nivenger springs to action. Even some of people in power who everyone thinks is clear meet their untimely deaths at the hands of the Nivenger. Many have expressed joy at the activities of this vigilante. But the question remains, who is the Nivenger? Is he, himself, beyond reproach?

Coined from the two words: Nigeria and Avenger, the Nivenger has branded himself in the public’s eyes as a savior. He is highly trained. He is extremely dangerous. He is ruthless, and he lacks the capability of compassion as demonstrated in some of his bizarre ways of killing his victims. However, his emblem still rings true in the hearts of hearts of Nigerians. It has become a beacon of hope to the poor masses. It has become a phrase of fear to the high and mighty. It is his sigil: Beware, O ye corrupt leaders, for the Nivenger is coming for you!

More news after the break…
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
Update soon coming...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
All rights reserved.

[Hey, do you need editing and proofreading services? Or a ghostwriter to write for you? Hit me up @ kachiugo3@gmail.com]

Senator Abdulla Rasheed knew the end had come for him. But he’d be dammed if he didn’t fight it. He sat fidgeting in the cabin compartment of his black SUV. His security detail had him surrounded, watching every corner of the street, every passing pedestrian, and every moving vehicle.

Across the road from where he was parked was a playground, where a group of kids played football. His daughter wore a bright pink sweatshirt over a pale grey jean. She was only seven, yet she moved with the grace of a runway model. Watching her in her innocence made Senator Abdulla regret where he was now. And the killing of Senator Makinde two weeks ago didn’t help.

Abdulla should have never trusted Makinde.

Makinde was notoriously known for his vulnerability to skimpy skirts. He was the perfect example of a ‘woman wrapper’. Months ago, while he was banging a tall, extremely attractive model in Calabar, he had let loose that he was part of a sophisticated network tasked with funneling government money towards the aim of a hidden, hydra headed organization. Unknown to Makinde at the time, this lady was an agent for an online news agency. Makinde had come clean to Abdulla about what he had done, and they had paid millions of naira to track down this lady. But they had failed, and surely, two weeks later the report was published, implicating Makinde and Abdulla as part of a money laundering scheme.

Of course, they had come forth to publicly condemn the allegations as there was no evidence. But it didn’t matter. Abdulla and Makinde had come under the crosshairs of The Nivenger. For the first three months, they had put several security protocols in place to protect them from retribution by The Nivenger at least until the news stopped making the rounds online. When it did stop and nothing was heard of The Nivenger, Abdulla decided to relax, thinking that they had somehow been spared. Until when Abdulla woke up to the terrifying news that his partner in crime had been murdered in his house.

Abdulla alighted from his car and crossed the road to the entrance of the playground. The moment he walked in, his daughter saw him. A big bright smile formed on her face and she paused to look at him. The whole world seemed to stop, and Abdulla’s heart broke. The Nivenger was coming for him. He was not safe. But most importantly, his daughter and his wife were not safe. If The Nivenger hadn’t shown the wh-ore Makinde had been banging no mercy even though she’d had nothing to do with the embezzlement of public funds, why should he not kill his family too? They were guilty by association.

Abdulla fell to his knees and spread his arms for his daughter to jump right in. He lifted her up, swiveled on his heels, and started walking towards the car.

“Senator,” one of her teachers called, “I’m sorry but you can’t take Fareedah home!”

Abdulla ignored the teacher and entered his armored vehicle with his daughter. Through the tinted windows, he saw the teacher who had followed him out of the playground being stopped by his security operatives.

“Daddy,” Fareedah said. “Where are we going?”

Abdulla looked at his daughter, and even though fear had gripped his heart so strong, he forced a smile. “We are going away from here for a while.”

Fareedah smiled back. “We left my bag,” she said as an afterthought.

Abdulla nodded. “I’ll buy you a new one.” He pulled his phone out of his pocket and placed a call to his wife.

“Is she safe?” his wife asked the moment she picked up.

“Yes,” Abdulla replied. “What’s your status?”

“I’ve bought five first class tickets to Dubai,” she replied. “Our flight leaves in twenty minutes. All our luggage are already on the plane. Hurry!”

“Okay,” Abdulla replied. “We’ll be there in about five minutes.” He cut the call, then he said to the driver. “Take us to the airport.”

The driver started the car, and the convoy began its journey to the airport.

Abdulla hadn’t told his wife everything. All she knew was that he was a close associate with Senator Makinde and that The Nivenger didn’t care who the actor was and who the accessory was. All were guilty in his eyes.

The moment they got to the airport, Abdulla felt relief flood his heart. They were safe. The departure hall was packed tight, and it was difficult getting a place to sit. So they went to the VIP lounge were they paid money to wait for the remaining ten minutes for their flight. Abdulla’s wife kept their daughter busy, laughing with her as they played with her bright pink jacket. Abdulla took a moment to pray to God, thanking Him for sparing his life from The Nivenger. Any moment now they would board the plane and they would be beyond the reach of the vigilante.

After praying Abdulla spent the rest of his time watching the news, which was still centered on the murdering of Senator Makinde and how investigations had revealed just how dastardly corrupt the senator was. The report showed that were ties to Senator Abdulla, and one or two references to ‘The Cabal’ surfaced in the discussion that followed. Just hearing ‘The Cabal’ uttered once in the commentary caused shivers to run down Abdulla’s spine.

Abdulla was part of a very sophisticated, very occult network of money launderers that funneled money from government coffers to the service of ‘The Cabal’. Abdulla had been doing this job for them ever since they picked him from the streets of Yola ten years ago and made him a senator. Till now, he didn’t even know what The Cabal was, or if there was in fact a Cabal. They were a shadow, parallel government with indescribable power. Displeasing them was as simple as committing suicide. And Abdulla knew that they wouldn’t be too pleased that the actions of Makinde had exposed their existence to the general public. Furthermore, The Cabal was not unlike The Nivenger in the way they treated associates. Guilty by association was also their watchword. They would be looking for retribution and now that Makinde was gone, they would be looking to Abdulla and his cell of money launderers. It was another reason why he would never return to Nigeria.

Abdulla knew that the moment he stepped foot on that plane, he was never returning to Nigeria. They would stay in Dubai for six months after which they would travel to Spain to stay with his brother until the fires Makinde had created died out. Already, there was a letter of resignation on his table in his office, which his secretary was supposed to forward to the National Assembly tomorrow.

Abdulla was brought out of his thoughts when he heard the final announcements for his flight. He and his family left the lounge and followed the stream of other passengers to the boarding gate, which fed into a tunnel that led straight to the plane hatch. Since it was the final call and most of the passengers had already boarded, there were a few people walking towards the open hatch. Aside from his daughter and his wife and two of his trusted guards, who were following him on this trip, there were about seven other passengers in the tunnel, when a siren exploded.

The lights in the tunnel went off, plunging them into darkness. Emergency lights—recurring flashes of dim orange light—came on in the tunnel. The strobe forced a feeling of dizziness down Abdulla’s throat; he fought the feeling of nausea and disorientation for a few seconds.

Led by instinct, Abdulla turned to the entrance into the tunnel and saw a hooded figure descending from the top. The figure slapped a device on the door, locking it and preventing security personnel from entering the tunnel. Between one flash and the other, the figure was gone.

Fear struck at Abdulla’s heart with the savagery of an armor piercing bullet. A gunshot rang in the closed space, causing a horror struck Abdulla to return his gaze to his family. He saw his two guards on the ground, arrows in their chests, while his wife was bleeding out in a pool of her own blood. His daughter stood over her mother in the dim, flashing light, distraught. The figure was nowhere to be found.

Then Abdulla felt a hand grab him and shove him to the wall of the tunnel pinning him there. Abdulla was so terrified, he had lost the will to fight. Nevertheless, The Nivenger slid a knife into place on the skin of his throat.

“Senator Abdulla Rasheed,” The Nivenger said in a scary, throaty voice, “YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY!”

The Nivenger will return in the next update.

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
pls drop a free e book ..... ur stories c.an put even.john grisham to shame

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Lordfave(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
surely following buh kachiugo hope you won't abandon this story like you did your other stories here on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by lenmafon: 8:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
Kachi welcome back. I fall in love with ur story and the moment i get carried away, u stop updating and tell us u have published it without any details of how we can get it even online. Ok o but diris God o....... embarassedKachi welcome back. I fall in love with ur story and the moment i get carried away, u stop updating and us u have published it without any details of how we can get it even on line. Ok o but diris God o.......

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by lenmafon: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2016
Lordfave:
surely following buh kachiugo hope you won't abandon this story like you did your other stories here on nairaland.
bros he does not abandon them, he gets them published and leaves us hanging, then whenever he feels, he returns and post another interesting story only to go away and leave us hanging again, so the cycle continues.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
rawswag:
pls drop a free e book ..... ur stories c.an put even.john grisham to shame

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

None of my books are available for free at the moment. But, why not send me your email, and I'll send you a free PDF copy of one of my books?

Thanks!

PS: I'll start updating The Nivenger so you could stick around and see what happens.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lordfave:

Lol! Sorry o. Actually I'd abandoned it until I say a mention. So I guess we're back on track. Hey, you guys are the reason I write here. When there are no comments or replies, I assume you guys don't like it and then abandon the project.

But I'll start updating this story for sure. I'm anxious to find out what happens next myself (it's how I am with all my stories)!

Thanks, Lordfave! Let's see what The Nivenger has been up to...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
lenmafon:
Kachi welcome back. I fall in love with ur story and the moment i get carried away, u stop updating and tell us u have published it without any details of how we can get it even online. Ok o but diris God o....... embarassedKachi welcome back. I fall in love with ur story and the moment i get carried away, u stop updating and us u have published it without any details of how we can get it even on line. Ok o but diris God o.......

Lol, lenmafon! So sorry about that. It's usually not by design. Okay, maybe it's by design a little... In my defense I do put up a link to my website where all my books can be downloaded. Though there's none free right now. I could send you free copies of my books upon request.

Anyways, it's good to know you're here. I'll surely finish this story here.... ..... ..... Hopefully... wink
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
lenmafon:

Lol, lenmafon! So sorry about that. It's usually not by design. Okay, maybe it's by design a little... In my defense I do put up a link to my website where all my books can be downloaded. Though there's none free right now. I could send you free copies of my books upon request.

Anyways, it's good to know you're here. I'll surely finish this story here.... ..... ..... Hopefully... wink
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Lordfave(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
KachiUgo:

Lol! Sorry o. Actually I'd abandoned it until I say a mention. So I guess we're back on track. Hey, you guys are the reason I write here. When there are no comments or replies, I assume you guys don't like it and then abandon the project.

But I'll start updating this story for sure. I'm anxious to find out what happens next myself (it's how I am with all my stories)!

Thanks, Lordfave! Let's see what The Nivenger has been up to...
aiit would be expecting an update thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
lenmafon:

bros he does not abandon them, he gets them published and leaves us hanging, then whenever he feels, he returns and post another interesting story only to go away and leave us hanging again, so the cycle continues.

Lol. Okay, this will be different. I have no intention to make this a published book, at least until it's finished right here. So, we're safe...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
KachiUgo:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

None of my books are available for free at the moment. But, why not send me your email, and I'll send you a free PDF copy of one of my books?

Thanks!

PS: I'll start updating The Nivenger so you could stick around and see what happens.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by ritvin(f): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
ritvin:
mine Is ritavina9@yahoo.com. I scrip writer. Would really love to adapt it.
KachiUgo:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Thanks!

mine Is ritavina9@yahoo.com.a script writer. Would really love to adapt it.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
ritvin:
mine Is ritavina9@yahoo.com.a script writer. Would really love to adapt it.

Wow, that's nice. I wonder how my stories would look on the big screen. Hey, so what book exactly do you want? I have a lot out.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
KachiUgo:

Wow, that's nice. I wonder how my stories would look on the big screen. Hey, so what book exactly do you want? I have a lot out.
thank you sir still anticipating ur update.... BTW is d nivenger a corper

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by ritvin(f): 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2016
D Nivenger ll make a great script and I just started reading it. I ll make sure I read up d rest before d week runs out

1 Like

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 6:59am On Sep 22, 2016
rawswag:
thank you sir still anticipating ur update.... BTW is d nivenger a corper

Yes. I'm on it.

Is the Nivenger a corper...? Well, I think so. Though I'm not sure. You see, the story forms as I write, and as it forms I write. So we know one thing: He wears the white top of a corper, at least, when he goes "nivenging". Whether he is truly a corper or not, I'm yet to find out.

Nevertheless, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say yeah, he's a corper.
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 7:04am On Sep 22, 2016
ritvin:
D Nivenger ll make a great script and I just started reading it. I ll make sure I read up d rest before d week runs out

OK! It's not finished tho...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2016
KachiUgo:

Yes. I'm on it.

Is the Nivenger a corper...? Well, I think so. Though I'm not sure. You see, the story forms as I write, and as it forms I write. So we know one thing: He wears the white top of a corper, at least, when he goes "nivenging". Whether he is truly a corper or not, I'm yet to find out.

Nevertheless, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say yeah, he's a corper.
wow ur style of writing is unique. .
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
KachiUgo:

patiently waiting for the update
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 7:43am On Oct 18, 2016
Beware, O ye corrupt Leaders, for the Nivenger is coming for you!

Update coming soon...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by lorelife(m): 3:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
u are gud. am waiting 4 d next update
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 8:01am On Oct 19, 2016
lorelife:
u are gud. am waiting 4 d next update

Thanks! Updating in a few minutes...
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 8:16am On Oct 19, 2016
www.kachiugo.com
Facebook: Kachi Ugo - Author
Twitter: @KachiUgo

The Nivenger
by Kachi Ugo

Copyright, 2016
All rights reserved.

“Senator Abdulla Rasheed,” I say to the corrupt politician in my deadly low, gruff voice. “YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY!”

The senator flinches at the intensity of my voice and the pressing of the edge of my knife against the skin of his throat. I slid the knife a little, drawing blood. Trickles flow down to stain him erstwhile immaculate dress and he whimpers, his eyes shut tight. In the tunnel, the smell of gun powder is choking. I take a brief moment to look at the man’s wife, who is now dead on the ground. I look at his guards who are strewn around like ragged dolls. I look at the small girl who is laid over her mother, shaking her to try and rouse her from death. She too would taste the sting of my blade for all were guilty before my eyes—all!

I turn back to the senator who seems to have taken leave of his dignity and bravado, muttering phrases of prayer, calling the name of Allah.

Enraged at such heretic action, I grab him by the chest and jerk him away from the wall just so I can slam him back with the might of my muscles. The senator retches on impact, spilling blood and tissue from his bowels. I pin him to the tunnel wall again, though this time I point the tip of my blade to the part on his chest that was directly over his heart.

“Don’t pray to Allah, you fool!” I mutter, anger coloring my voice. “What you have done, Allah would make your departure from this life swift and your time in hell an everlasting torture.”

Now Senator Abdulla Rasheed looked at him with the hate of a million tortured souls. He made to speak, but I don’t let him.

First I remind him he can die at any moment by pressing deeper into his chest with the tip of my blade, which causes terror to return to his face. Satisfied by this, I say to him, “Be very careful what you say to me, Senator Abdulla Rasheed. It will very well determine how you and your daughter will die…”

Senator Rasheed seems to freeze at my statement. He looks at his daughter, who is still trying to wake her mother. It is almost a pitiful sight, but I have taught myself never to pity the sinful nor the corrupt.

“What kind of man kills a child?” Senator Rahseed asks, his eyes widened by fear.

At his question, I have a flashback: I am in a small, dank room with about sixteen other people and what looks like a military instructor. There isn’t much to see as the room is very dark. But there is a small window by the side and the diffused light of sunset illuminates the portion of the room where an iron bed is. On this iron bed sits a mother cuddling her three year old child. I can’t remember what happens before this scene or how I get here. Out of the sixteen young looking men, only two of them are black like me. The rest are all Caucasians—they are all hard looking so I assume this is how I look because as I step forward, the mother cringes and begins to cry speaking … Russian? It is then I realize I understand her—she is begging for her daughter to be spared.

The instructor hands me a 9mm Berretta and says to me, “Ubiystvo!” Kill!

Terror strikes me to me boots. I waver.

The instructor takes my hand and stuff the grip of the weapon in it. With impressive, instinctual automaticity my hand clenches around the weapon’s grip and the barrel comes up in less time than an eye blinks.

“Strelyat’ ikh oboikh!”

His instruction rings in my head like a buzz. He wants me to shoot them both. I aim and shoot once. The mother collapses dead, while the child begins to scream, hanging on to her mother as though she is alive. I aim at the child but I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger. I may kill men and women, but I have never killed a child before. How can I kill a child? Where does this heartless cruelty stop?

The instructor pulls his gun and I feel its cold barrel on my clean shaven head. He says in a deadly low voice that never fails to terrify me, “Ubit’ ili byt’ ubitym.” Kill or be killed.

I don’t think again. I aim and shoot.

Anguish erupts in my mind causing the memory to dissolve back to the pit of sorrow from whence it came. I take deep breathes so my anguish won’t overwhelm me.

“I will kill her before your eyes,” I say to the senator, furious that the man questions my resolve. “But first I will make her suffer. I will make her cry for your help but you will be unable to help her. Then I will make you watch as the life drains out of her. Togda ya ub’yu tebya.” Then I will kill you.

Senator Abdulla looks shocked senseless at me.

I take his silence as acquiescence. “Tell me where I can find the Colonel.”

“The Colonel?” asks the Senator. A puzzled look overcomes his face. Before long realization hits him between the eyes.

“You can’t possibly know about…”

“The Lazarus Protocol?” I ask him, watching with as terror and shock mix into a potent whirlpool in his eyes. “I know about the Lazarus Protocol.”

“It’s not possible,” Senator Abdulla replied. He shook his head, saying, “It’s not possible.”

A loud bang at the door into the tunnel brings my attention there. I see that the security operatives are trying to break down the door. I have only a few minutes to finish up with the Senator.

“Tell me where he is!” I roar, and raptured by my feeling of anger I stab the man in the shoulder. Senator Abdulla lets loose a guttural cry of pain. He tries to grab the injury with his hand but I don’t let him. I pin him harder and he fights for control. However he is anything but strong and soon when he realizes he can’t overpower me he quits.

“The next one goes in your daughter’s eye,” I say. Then I push away from him, grab his daughter and place my knife to her right eye. Senator Abdulla tries to advance in my direction, but I retreat further down to the plane’s closed hatch.

Senator Abdulla stops in his tracks, the flashing light illuminating his horror struck eyes.

“You don’t know what you’re doing,” the man says.

“I want the Colonel,” I say. “Tell me who he is and where I can find him.”

Senator Abdulla says, “You don’t understand. Enacting the Lazarus Protocol can only lead to bad things. You say you avenge Nigeria? Doing this, raising the dead, will only lead to terrible things for us.”

I smirk at him, though he can’t see it through the hood that conceals my identity. “No! It will lead to freedom! When I find the Librarian, the whole world will know the truth about every corrupt politician and every corrupt leader of industry in this country.”

“You foolish boy,” the man says, suddenly becoming defiant. “How more naïve can you get? No one has seen the Librarian in decades. No one even knows who or what he is. Why do you think that is so? Why do you think only a handful of people know about the Lazarus Protocol?”

I do not answer him. I do not have an answer for him.

The Senator shakes his head in pity. He bows his head in thought for a moment. Then he jerks it back up and gulps loudly. His eyes are so wide with fear I think they would pop out if they got any wider.

“You are after the Librarian?” he asks as though just figuring out that part of my plan now. “You want it…”

As he mentions it even I cannot stop the shivers that descend my back. Cold fear covers me like a blanket of ice.

La Biblio Skullptura

“Mad man!” the Senator yells and in the blink of an eye he closes the distance between himself and I. He grabs his daughter and the knife in my hand and I am too shocked to react. Then he withdraws back and stops. He kneels by his daughter, holding the knife outwards.

“What you want to do,” he says, his voice thick with emotions. “It will destroy us. All around the world, Nigerians will be slaughtered like pigs. If the world knows what we did. Our hidden history… If they find out about it.”

“Truth must come to light,” I say, defending my action. In a micro second, I pull out an arrow from my quiver and notch my bow, aiming at the man’s head. “With or without your help, I will find the Colonel, I will flush out the Librarian. Then I will get La Biblio Skullptura, and the whole world will know that Nigeria runs on lies because its very foundation is a lie. What we did? What our founding fathers did? Everyone will know.”

Senator Abdulla shook his head. He produces a tablet from where it is secreted on his person and feeds to his daughter before I can react.

“No!” I yell, but his daughter starts to convulse, spitting out white foam. I watch as the child is stilled by death.

“It is better this way,” Senator Abdulla mutters to his dead daughter, shutting her eyelids.

“You killed your own daughter?” I roar, pain piercing through my heart like hot needles.

Senator Abdulla looks up to me. His eyes are solemn and weary. “What you are about to do, even The Cabal won’t survive it. There are some secrets better left dead.”

“No!” I cry, holding on to the shred of humanity I have left as my anger threatens to send me over. I can already see the terrible things I want to do to the Senator. It was one thing for me to kill the child, but it was another thing for the man to kill his child. “The dead must rise again! The Lazarus Protocol must be enacted. I will find the Book of Skulls. The whole world—every Nigerian will know the truth. Then they will have the choice they never had in the first place.”

Senator Abdulla pointed the knife at his chest. “Then there is nothing left to say. I can’t let my daughter be alive in the world you will create should the content of that Book be made public. We are better dead than alive.” And he stabs his heart.

I roar in anger and let my arrow fly. The arrow goes clean through his head, lodging itself in the midst of his brain. At the same moment, the door into the tunnel gives way and the security operatives flood the tunnel. I pull a special arrow from my quiver and notch my bow again. I aim at the ground beside the dead Senator and let fly.

As the arrow strikes the ground, there is a loud explosion and smoke fills the tunnel. The security operative pause for the smoke to clear. When it does, I am gone.

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by KachiUgo(m): 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
This update was sent in the morning. It was removed until I emailed one of the mods, and it's been returned. Probably a glitch in the system. Anyway:

Enjoy!

KU

KachiUgo:
www.kachiugo.com
Facebook: Kachi Ugo - Author
Twitter: @KachiUgo

The Nivenger
by Kachi Ugo

Copyright, 2016
All rights reserved.

“Senator Abdulla Rasheed,” I say to the corrupt politician in my deadly low, gruff voice. “YOU HAVE FAILED THIS COUNTRY!”

The senator flinches at the intensity of my voice and the pressing of the edge of my knife against the skin of his throat. I slid the knife a little, drawing blood. Trickles flow down to stain him erstwhile immaculate dress and he whimpers, his eyes shut tight. In the tunnel, the smell of gun powder is choking. I take a brief moment to look at the man’s wife, who is now dead on the ground. I look at his guards who are strewn around like ragged dolls. I look at the small girl who is laid over her mother, shaking her to try and rouse her from death. She too would taste the sting of my blade for all were guilty before my eyes—all!

I turn back to the senator who seems to have taken leave of his dignity and bravado, muttering phrases of prayer, calling the name of Allah.

Enraged at such heretic action, I grab him by the chest and jerk him away from the wall just so I can slam him back with the might of my muscles. The senator retches on impact, spilling blood and tissue from his bowels. I pin him to the tunnel wall again, though this time I point the tip of my blade to the part on his chest that was directly over his heart.

“Don’t pray to Allah, you fool!” I mutter, anger coloring my voice. “What you have done, Allah would make your departure from this life swift and your time in hell an everlasting torture.”

Now Senator Abdulla Rasheed looked at him with the hate of a million tortured souls. He made to speak, but I don’t let him.

First I remind him he can die at any moment by pressing deeper into his chest with the tip of my blade, which causes terror to return to his face. Satisfied by this, I say to him, “Be very careful what you say to me, Senator Abdulla Rasheed. It will very well determine how you and your daughter will die…”

Senator Rasheed seems to freeze at my statement. He looks at his daughter, who is still trying to wake her mother. It is almost a pitiful sight, but I have taught myself never to pity the sinful nor the corrupt.

“What kind of man kills a child?” Senator Rahseed asks, his eyes widened by fear.

At his question, I have a flashback: I am in a small, dank room with about sixteen other people and what looks like a military instructor. There isn’t much to see as the room is very dark. But there is a small window by the side and the diffused light of sunset illuminates the portion of the room where an iron bed is. On this iron bed sits a mother cuddling her three year old child. I can’t remember what happens before this scene or how I get here. Out of the sixteen young looking men, only two of them are black like me. The rest are all Caucasians—they are all hard looking so I assume this is how I look because as I step forward, the mother cringes and begins to cry speaking … Russian? It is then I realize I understand her—she is begging for her daughter to be spared.

The instructor hands me a 9mm Berretta and says to me, “Ubiystvo!” Kill!

Terror strikes me to me boots. I waver.

The instructor takes my hand and stuff the grip of the weapon in it. With impressive, instinctual automaticity my hand clenches around the weapon’s grip and the barrel comes up in less time than an eye blinks.

“Strelyat’ ikh oboikh!”

His instruction rings in my head like a buzz. He wants me to shoot them both. I aim and shoot once. The mother collapses dead, while the child begins to scream, hanging on to her mother as though she is alive. I aim at the child but I cannot bring myself to pull the trigger. I may kill men and women, but I have never killed a child before. How can I kill a child? Where does this heartless cruelty stop?

The instructor pulls his gun and I feel its cold barrel on my clean shaven head. He says in a deadly low voice that never fails to terrify me, “Ubit’ ili byt’ ubitym.” Kill or be killed.

I don’t think again. I aim and shoot.

Anguish erupts in my mind causing the memory to dissolve back to the pit of sorrow from whence it came. I take deep breathes so my anguish won’t overwhelm me.

“I will kill her before your eyes,” I say to the senator, furious that the man questions my resolve. “But first I will make her suffer. I will make her cry for your help but you will be unable to help her. Then I will make you watch as the life drains out of her. Togda ya ub’yu tebya.” Then I will kill you.

Senator Abdulla looks shocked senseless at me.

I take his silence as acquiescence. “Tell me where I can find the Colonel.”

“The Colonel?” asks the Senator. A puzzled look overcomes his face. Before long realization hits him between the eyes.

“You can’t possibly know about…”

“The Lazarus Protocol?” I ask him, watching with as terror and shock mix into a potent whirlpool in his eyes. “I know about the Lazarus Protocol.”

“It’s not possible,” Senator Abdulla replied. He shook his head, saying, “It’s not possible.”

A loud bang at the door into the tunnel brings my attention there. I see that the security operatives are trying to break down the door. I have only a few minutes to finish up with the Senator.

“Tell me where he is!” I roar, and raptured by my feeling of anger I stab the man in the shoulder. Senator Abdulla lets loose a guttural cry of pain. He tries to grab the injury with his hand but I don’t let him. I pin him harder and he fights for control. However he is anything but strong and soon when he realizes he can’t overpower me he quits.

“The next one goes in your daughter’s eye,” I say. Then I push away from him, grab his daughter and place my knife to her right eye. Senator Abdulla tries to advance in my direction, but I retreat further down to the plane’s closed hatch.

Senator Abdulla stops in his tracks, the flashing light illuminating his horror struck eyes.

“You don’t know what you’re doing,” the man says.

“I want the Colonel,” I say. “Tell me who he is and where I can find him.”

Senator Abdulla says, “You don’t understand. Enacting the Lazarus Protocol can only lead to bad things. You say you avenge Nigeria? Doing this, raising the dead, will only lead to terrible things for us.”

I smirk at him, though he can’t see it through the hood that conceals my identity. “No! It will lead to freedom! When I find the Librarian, the whole world will know the truth about every corrupt politician and every corrupt leader of industry in this country.”

“You foolish boy,” the man says, suddenly becoming defiant. “How more naïve can you get? No one has seen the Librarian in decades. No one even knows who or what he is. Why do you think that is so? Why do you think only a handful of people know about the Lazarus Protocol?”

I do not answer him. I do not have an answer for him.

The Senator shakes his head in pity. He bows his head in thought for a moment. Then he jerks it back up and gulps loudly. His eyes are so wide with fear I think they would pop out if they got any wider.

“You are after the Librarian?” he asks as though just figuring out that part of my plan now. “You want it…”

As he mentions it even I cannot stop the shivers that descend my back. Cold fear covers me like a blanket of ice.

La Biblio Skullptura

“Mad man!” the Senator yells and in the blink of an eye he closes the distance between himself and I. He grabs his daughter and the knife in my hand and I am too shocked to react. Then he withdraws back and stops. He kneels by his daughter, holding the knife outwards.

“What you want to do,” he says, his voice thick with emotions. “It will destroy us. All around the world, Nigerians will be slaughtered like pigs. If the world knows what we did. Our hidden history… If they find out about it.”

“Truth must come to light,” I say, defending my action. In a micro second, I pull out an arrow from my quiver and notch my bow, aiming at the man’s head. “With or without your help, I will find the Colonel, I will flush out the Librarian. Then I will get La Biblio Skullptura, and the whole world will know that Nigeria runs on lies because its very foundation is a lie. What we did? What our founding fathers did? Everyone will know.”

Senator Abdulla shook his head. He produces a tablet from where it is secreted on his person and feeds to his daughter before I can react.

“No!” I yell, but his daughter starts to convulse, spitting out white foam. I watch as the child is stilled by death.

“It is better this way,” Senator Abdulla mutters to his dead daughter, shutting her eyelids.

“You killed your own daughter?” I roar, pain piercing through my heart like hot needles.

Senator Abdulla looks up to me. His eyes are solemn and weary. “What you are about to do, even The Cabal won’t survive it. There are some secrets better left dead.”

“No!” I cry, holding on to the shred of humanity I have left as my anger threatens to send me over. I can already see the terrible things I want to do to the Senator. It was one thing for me to kill the child, but it was another thing for the man to kill his child. “The dead must rise again! The Lazarus Protocol must be enacted. I will find the Book of Skulls. The whole world—every Nigerian will know the truth. Then they will have the choice they never had in the first place.”

Senator Abdulla pointed the knife at his chest. “Then there is nothing left to say. I can’t let my daughter be alive in the world you will create should the content of that Book be made public. We are better dead than alive.” And he stabs his heart.

I roar in anger and let my arrow fly. The arrow goes clean through his head, lodging itself in the midst of his brain. At the same moment, the door into the tunnel gives way and the security operatives flood the tunnel. I pull a special arrow from my quiver and notch my bow again. I aim at the ground beside the dead Senator and let fly.

As the arrow strikes the ground, there is a loud explosion and smoke fills the tunnel. The security operative pause for the smoke to clear. When it does, I am gone.

Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by lorelife(m): 8:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
seriously I luv dis piece. plzz feed me more. more mb 2 ur device
Re: The Nivenger - Kachi Ugo (an Action Thriller) by lorelife(m): 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
seriously I luv dis piece. plzz feed me more. more mb 2 ur device.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Story: Memoirs Of Eva – Episode 2 / Publishing Of Articles On Nigerian Newspapers / My First Crazy Experience (A Short Romantic Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.