Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary (7254 Views)

English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! / 9 English Words You Might Be Pronouncing Incorrectly / 7 English Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Maxcollins042(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
moonnstar:
E speak le kwe
Maka ya bu ihe I di metunaobious
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Firstlieutenant(m): 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
successnd:
odikwa very risky

E fuckuru up gringrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Mrbigman1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
onnenka:
All of them have meanings in Igbo. One of the most abused is "need" which is simply "tosiri" in Igbo, but instead of them to say "e tosiri", they will say "e neediri". Too bad.

Lalasticlala this is an interesting thread.

What state re u from?

Need in my side is choro

Tosiri is "suppose " or kwesiri

1 Like

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Murphydready(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mpaa ehhh!!!!.... ife a na alu adiro easy oo!!! mana no shaking.......Nwanne packi kwa well o....
O na abughi maka one or two thing anyi aka emego every every.
onwekwaghi but that 1 dey .....

Taaaa!!! iwotagooo!!!!!
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by uzuede4(f): 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
grin Adikwam ezigbote busy.
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by uzuede4(f): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
;DAdikwam ezigbote busy
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by onnenka: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Y
Mrbigman1:

What state re u from?

Need in my side is choro

Tosiri is "suppose " or kwesiri
Choro means want
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by danieljessy: 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
onnenka:
Y Choro means want
aww m really disappointed at mesef,cant say it properly even while reading wat u'l av posted..choi buh ma mama say i b igbo o
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by martinz1: 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
LadyH:
I would say "ziteyelim recharge card tho".
grin, iv never heard any ibo person say that before

1 Like

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by UnknownT: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
martinz1:

grin, iv never heard any ibo person say that before
That's "delta Igbo"
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by ShylockConsults: 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
These is inform All our Students who have Conditional Offer and have not yet Paid their Tuition fee(Deposit) that they need to do that as soon as Possible and send us the Evidence of Payment to enable us get their Unconditional Acceptance Letters and begin Processing their Visas to Avoid last minute rush.

Those who have not yet put in their Applications for September, 2016 intake and till wish to do so can Contact us to put in their Applications.

Your Educational Career is Our Utmost Concern.

Sign: Management.
Shylock Consults Limited.
Email: shylockconsults@yahoo.com
Call +905488793304, +905338577830
Web: www.shylockconsults.com
Whatsapp: +2348069069532
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shylockconsults

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by dust88: 1:05am On Aug 14, 2016
Espeaki kwala
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by uduokirika1(m): 1:06am On Aug 14, 2016
Nothing mega

I n'aku aka na Tipper bu aja
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by buharisbae(f): 5:18am On Aug 14, 2016
onnenka:
All of them have meanings in Igbo. One of the most abused is "need" which is simply "tosiri" in Igbo, but instead of them to say "e tosiri", they will say "e neediri". Too bad.

Lalasticlala this is an interesting thread.

OMG! This is just too funny grin
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by shuggah(m): 6:37am On Aug 14, 2016
anaghi m ekwu otutu okwu n'ihi Na Idere Ihe a ka oburu Ihe ga ato ochi...
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Subsidy101(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:
No 11 alone got me lmao.

Kam je MARKia ya.

Adirom aUNDERSTANDigodi gi

Bia, SHIFTigodirim

But funny enough, some word like busy can't be translated.

I Stand to be corrected sha.
E ji m ihe na aka OR
Onwere ihe m na eme

1 Like

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by DONOCHAS(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:
No 11 alone got me lmao.
Kam je MARKia ya.
Adirom aUNDERSTANDigodi gi
Bia, SHIFTigodirim
But funny enough, some word like busy can't be translated.
I Stand to be corrected sha.
I am busy- e nweghi m ohere
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Mrbigman1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
DONOCHAS:

I am busy- e nweghi m ohere

It's not a direct definition.

It's still ok sha.
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by Ifeanyi4491(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
##Me kwa ##
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by BobUg28(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sweetcollins:

Engli-Igbo makeri nnukwu sense (IGbotic mixture)
Just legodi:
1-->SENDiaram airtime
2-->HELPutum juo ya
3-->SITigodi down
4-->STANDigodi up
5-->SHIFTuoro m
6-->Ha eCLOSEzula the shop
7-->I na eDISTURB m biko or eDISTURBzilam biko
8-->CHECKie m in next five minutes
9-->I REACHie gi agwam
10-->Achorom I ENTERgodi bike
11-->Ihe I na eSPEAKi sef
12-->akam na eTHINKi ya
13-->A dim BUSY kita, a gam aCALLugi back
14-->after anyi eDISCUSSuo ya
15-->eGIVEkwana up
16-->TAKEie time gi
17-->chere kam PARKia motor m
18-->achorom iga WATCHia match
19-->SETTLuom biko
20-->STARTia the gen
ADDia your own
Lolz

Number 21 got me Laughing. grin

1 Like

Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by DONOCHAS(m): 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mrbigman1:

It's not a direct definition.
It's still ok sha.
as in busy as a single word, never heard of it
Re: English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary by martinz1: 7:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
UnknownT:
That's "delta Igbo"
I know thats d igbo translation of send but its hardly spoken

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Ahmed Model Schools Gombe (pictures) / Info On Unimaid Admission List / Ogun State College Of Health Technology And Their Fees.what Do You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.