Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670717 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
pls I need lots of help as regardz admisiin to US skul, but first I wil lik to knw my GP US starndard score, I dnt knw hw to do d calculation, I tried using WES, I stil dont get it, i graduated with Nigerian CGPA is 4.49/5.00, nd pls I need book to read for my GRE exam, I wil apreciate an easy link to download one, either baron or kaplan or grubber, thanx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrchemist(m): 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Walspring:

It is not bad if you attend tutorial and if you have enough cash to pay for it..

If you can study alone with the text book then there is no need to attend tutorial.

I have sent the material link to you
Pls send to me also Ibeh_nd@yahoo.Com
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ChemEngr01: 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
RasheedahWunmi:
pls I need lots of help as regardz admisiin to US skul, but first I wil lik to knw my GP US starndard score, I dnt knw hw to do d calculation, I tried using WES, I stil dont get it, i graduated with Nigerian CGPA is 4.49/5.00, nd pls I need book to read for my GRE exam, I wil apreciate an easy link to download one, either baron or kaplan or grubber, thanx
Your department people do you strong thing o. Why couldn't they round you up to First Class

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
femi321:
Another Advice for people who like cutting cost like me..You need to go and open Stanbic Account and get the ATM fast..i have withdrawn $300 at #350/$ and I was charge fee of #260 per witdrawal and you can also pay using your atm but the downside is..you cant witdraw more than $300 in a month and you cant make payment with ATM more than $1200 in a month.
Please is 300$ the monthly withdrawal limit? Or it 300$ daily limit and 1200 monthly withdrawal limit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
ChemEngr01:

Your department people do you strong thing o. Why couldn't they round you up to First Class

No be small thing o. ...datz wickedness

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ rashidawunmi if u v read part 9 u wud have read where u can send email to for u to get GRE materials.it is always good for the new Nairalander to read the previous part.it will do u alot of good nevertheless u can send an empty message to selfstudy.version2@gmail.com and also to self study360@gmail.com .this ur school wicked no be small ooo.3.49 they have just dash u 0.01 to make it ,3.50 to get ur USA.the link was given at the beginning of this part and also in part 9.better still Google Wes.org on your right hand side under WES TOOLS u will click on Wes igpa calculator then click on start now.enter ur first name family name etc and click on continue.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
what wil I do, rounding up for whre, they even reduced it from 4.5 to 4.49, saying d departmnt dont need a first class for now, nd dt they cnt provid for a firstclas s, do he reducd my g.p, dz y I cn nvr wish to do my msc in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by jyemsta(m): 11:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Yeah it's been a nice time here.
A Nigerian(nairalander) accommodated me and he's been showing me around.
Just that there's no public transport so one has to be mobile
@ Oludare,@Immperioux....
pls i put in to etsu for dis spring admission, i have cgpa of 4.11/5 and 1year plus working experience in my field. pls wat are my chances in etsu considering dre admission rate and ur experience so far....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ekofisk(m): 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Hello My People!
I would like to know if Local herbs(Agbo Jedi Jedi, Ọ̀pá Ẹyin) for both Hausa and Yoruba will go through the US POE.

THANKS

Yes. I was able to come in with it. However, I soaked it in water.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dicapino: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
biikeys:

Better start making friends with them smiley

Classes have not started yet anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Bro, hope the materials are for the new SAT.
So they don't use old materials to practice.
And also they should use Khan Academy.
They've collaborated to with college board to offer test preparation.

Not for new SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:03am On Aug 17, 2016
naijatisumi:
Boss please also assist with the link...Godbless

Send me pm or your email so as to forward it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
Hello My People!
I would like to know if Local herbs(Agbo Jedi Jedi, Ọ̀pá Ẹyin) for both Hausa and Yoruba will go through the US POE.

THANKS
cc: Lagosismyhome, walspring.... And others who just entered the US

It is allowed if you didn't soak it inside water.

When you get to Obamaland just soak it instead of soaking it before getting to US and the officer at Poe sieze it from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2016
Christian129:
Abeg who has Dickoflife 's contact. Kindly send me his contact. Thanks

cc

Oludare01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:08am On Aug 17, 2016
cutiefy:
. Tanx a lot.really appreciate ur input

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 17, 2016
Walspring:

Not for new SAT

Its not advisable they use that. I really don't know the content of the new SAT, but let's avoid stories that touch so it's better they are aware.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:12am On Aug 17, 2016
Walspring:

It is allowed if you didn't soak it inside water.

When you get to Obamaland just soak it instead of soaking it before getting to US and the officer at Poe sieze it from you.

Although the answer no dey for me. I am confused by what u wrote. .....u said soak it when u get to Obama land. Do u mean soak after u leave the airport

Also i think Ekofisk just mentioned something about soak it in water although didn't mention at some point. ... i guess also maybe because i am not clear in what form it comes in .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2016
tomisinobbm:
Please for those who have gone and resumed for undergrad, kindly enlighten me on placement test.

Placement test should be in both maths and English and the questions are almost the same syllabus as high school and SAT test which involves algebra, arithmetic, etc. just like what we called post utme here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:16am On Aug 17, 2016
Kabz:
Great work guys. I'm one of the invisibles. Currently preparing for my GRE, I will be taking the exam in October. Just a little question, Is taking the TOEFL a compulsory requirement or it's a school specific thing.

It depend on the school requirement that you are apply to..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:18am On Aug 17, 2016
greatmath:

Please i want to go for second masters in the USA, i studied mathematics i graduated with 2.48 of 5point, i have my master in mathematics in unilag,i graduated with 2.74 of 4 {Wes evaluation}.

i want to go for second master in mathematics in the USA, can someone recommend a school with low tuition and the one that can accept this grades for a masters in mathematics, i have done my TOEFL i scored 96, most schools does not requires GRE for mathematics graduate

please help

Why can't you go for something related to mathematics since you have Msc in mathematics.

To me it sounds as if you want to repeat Msc in mathematics but in a new school if I am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:20am On Aug 17, 2016
soulhighman:

I think greatghana is same person as greatmaths. He signed in again as greatmaths to post another question, but forgetfully replied the quote on his question as greatghana.

Lol..

Let him continue that way and it's not today that people like him come here to use that kind of trick but am sure he will get confused on a long run.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:27am On Aug 17, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Although the answer no dey for me. I am confused by what u wrote. .....u said soak it when u get to Obama land. Do u mean soak after u leave the airport

Also i think Ekofisk just mentioned something about soak it in water although didn't mention at some point. ... i guess also maybe because i am not clear in what form it comes in .

Sure after leaving airport and the person settled down.

Most people I have seen usually take it to Obamaland without soaking it inside water even someone that left to Texas last week Wednesday his cousin told him and warned him not to soak it inside water because it will be siezed at Poe.

Since some people claimed and said that they soaked it and they didn't sieze it from them, I assume that the officers who usually siezed the ones soaked inside water usually take it home and drink it for their own health benefits if I am not wrong. gringringrin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:28am On Aug 17, 2016
mrchemist:

Pls send to me also Ibeh_nd@yahoo.Com
Thanks

Message sent!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:35am On Aug 17, 2016
Walspring:

Sure after leaving airport and the person settled down.

Most people I have seen usually take it to Obamaland without soaking it inside water even someone that left to Texas last week Wednesday his cousin told him and warned him not to soak it inside water because it will be siezed at Poe.

Since some people claimed and said that they soaked it and they didn't sieze it from them, I assume that the officers who usually siezed the ones soaked inside water usually take it home and drink it for their own health benefits if I am not wrong. gringringrin

Thanks. ....got ya. As for the bold i am not a believer ooo of its benefits .....but if u guys say so i hear grin ...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:40am On Aug 17, 2016
Urbanboy:

Please is 300$ the monthly withdrawal limit? Or it 300$ daily limit and 1200 monthly withdrawal limit?
as stated on the flyer I got, $300 is the monthly withdrawal limit and $1200 is the monthly limit you can pay with your card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:40am On Aug 17, 2016
tomisinobbm:

Its not advisable they use that. I really don't know the content of the new SAT, but let's avoid stories that touch so it's better they are aware.

It is still the same syllabus either old or new SAT.

College board just redefined the test, before applicants register and the test officially comprises 3 sections (essay, critical reading and mathematics) but now applicant register and the test officially comprises 2 sections (critical reading and mathematics) while essay is optional and when applicant pick essay applicant will pay for it.

The only difference I noticed few days ago was that college board didn't make eassy section compulsory for the new SAT, it is the applicant that will personally request for the essay section during registration and then pay for it and which makes it higher than the new SAT

Another good news I discovered there is that applicant can register for this new SAT by themselves without going through Gieva anymore..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2016
Walspring:

Another good news I discovered there is that applicant can register for this new SAT by themselves without going through Gieva anymore..

That's even good. Is it through PayPal or what?
They told my bro to bring dollars not even the naira equivalent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:55am On Aug 17, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thanks. ....got ya. As for the bold i am not a believer ooo of its benefits .....but if u guys say so i hear grin ...lol

Lol... gringringrin

If what you are thinking is about performance that's not the health benefits I am talking about.

It goes beyond that and while we are small and young then, majority of the parents gives it to their children since children love taking sugary things, I hope you remember the consequence of it and that is the health benefits am relating the previous post to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:56am On Aug 17, 2016
tomisinobbm:

That's even good. Is it through PayPal or what?
They told my bro to bring dollars not even the naira equivalent

Paypal and credit or debit card enable to online payment.

Everybody is looking for dollars now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 1:06am On Aug 17, 2016
Christian129:
Abeg who has Dickoflife 's contact. Kindly send me his contact. Thanks
is anything the problem? I am right here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Tods(f): 1:07am On Aug 17, 2016
signature2012:

Try to get this @ any nearby store or Walmart,you don't need to buy a new laptop charger.
How much is dat pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by signature2012(m): 1:10am On Aug 17, 2016
Tods:

How much is dat pls?

Though is been long I bought it,but should not be more than $5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.