Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670508 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 3:56am On Oct 21, 2016
If i didn't reply your pm kindly bear with me, i will get it done later in the day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 3:57am On Oct 21, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

Someone should just say I am offering a free application fee to a person on this thread. Calls for applications.

I will be waiting to see this one day on this thread. And I promise when I begin graduate school. I will pay for two future applicants for free.

Oya make we start now

No be today na. LagosismyHome paid my application fee without collecting a dime from me. Na to sustain the culture when boys begin grad school

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:01am On Oct 21, 2016
busybrain001:

Bros plz kindly send me the GRE material too.

Okeke.azubike001@gmail.com

Thanks.

Message sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:03am On Oct 21, 2016
Airich01:

I don't want to say ..But I am black. So I'm from this continent surely.

You must be high..

I am sure you are not proud of your country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:07am On Oct 21, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Visa approved (oct-19-2016) this morning 6:30am All Glory be to God Almighty, the Alfa and Omega of my journey, I can never forget that life changing date.
It was a day before my interview finger crossed very tensed started calling walspring like “Kilode” for voice mock interview while I am already at yabatech school to lodge for easy access to embassy in time,11:20pm the shower of blessing started dropping (the rain was so heavy) … fastforward….3:00am God woke me up I could not sleep anymore I started dressing up and singing praise and worship, I got to the embassy I was the second in the line then later lost my spot stayed some where in 15th, I just kept singing within my mind to ease tension, I didn’t even think about the interview anymore because I was just enjoying my celestial hymn.. fast-forward… after all security check up, I finally got to the combusting chamber (hot room), I saw all the windows naira land has been talking about, Window 5 called me in, He was not smiling at all the last applicant before was denied, I came to him and the 12 minutes drills began..
Me: good morning sir with a big smile
Vo: didn’t answer, can I have your document please?
Me: I gave him
Vo: typed for just 20secs, how do you come about BFIT?
Me: I catalog several schools based on my interest and preffered teaching approach using academically search engines such as www.engineeringschools.com, google.com, and finally narrowed my search down to technology using www.usnews.com (memorized answer from NL)
Vo: how long is this course gonna take you?
Me: it is going to take me the total period of 48 months sir
Vo: how long did you practice auto mechanics?
Me: (I was so confused, then quickly remembered that I filled 24month in my ds160 form, please note fill your ds160 form yourself) It took me the period of 24 months sir. (voice was shaking this time then I quickly put myself together)
Vo: what type of degree is this?
Me: oh! Its an undergraduate degree sir
Vo: what course are you going for? (touching my passport, I was like blood of Jesus, I didn’t just know where the confident came in from, the Lord just took control of the interview hence)
Me: I am basically going for mechanical engineering technology, which is basically about the fundamental analysis of engine, trouble shooting, manufacturing, maintainance and majored in automotive tech 113 that deals basically about the chassis, the internal combustion of engine where the intake valve take flow in of gas mixture and being ignite by the spark plug to produce a power stroke which moves the crankshaft to complete transmission ( by this time I was at the top of my voice moving from left to right with demonstrations showing confidents, while VO was shaking his head and removed his hand from my passport).
Vo: so tell me why are you going to BFIT?
Me: I am practically oriented in nature and BFIT offers a practical approach especially in research areas manufacturing and automotive. It is also affiliated to engineering firms such as procter and gamble one of the best engineering firm in united state which basically offers internships to BFIT students.
Vo: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my elder brother
Vo: what does he do?
Me: He is a mechanical Engineer who works in **oil and gas ** company as a chief Cargo survior.
Vo: ( just kept typing and I was just praying internally) here is your i-20, you are gonna be needing it at the p.o.e make sure you keep it well and pick up your visa 3 business day in one of the location in the paper…
NOTE: No document was asked, Please be confident and speak clearly.. and when you hear people say be honest it means answer question according to what you fill in your ds160 form…
Special thanks to God almighty, Walspring (the guy ready to pay with his money to make sure things go well), Bright, texrem, femi321, tominsin, islammy, so many others who has contributed to this forum one way or the other I say a very big thanks to you all, may God Almighty grant you all your heart desire Amen.

Happy for you and to God be the glory..

at bold extra time restructuring even when with my busy schedules

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:11am On Oct 21, 2016
fatanu:
Hi guys....filling my ds-160. do i need to provide Travel Plans...Please is there a video on how to fill ds-160 for student visa

Its what you can fill if you follow their instruction but if video am sure youtube will help you

But you can see or get already filled forms via google
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:16am On Oct 21, 2016
ogba4james:

Thanks and God bless u..
What of if I go this way..
A friend of my told me about the school , he told me about the numerous opportunities avavailabe in the sch, he made me to understand that the sch masters program is reputable, affordable and convinent and it's faculty are committed to better teachings... And immidelatly he returned back to Nigeria after his study He got a job and within 8months he was promoted to a managerial position becos of the skills he contributed to the organisation which he acquired from the sch...

pls .. I will like to send u are private email or WhatsApp u.. Still got a lot to learm from u... My interview is coming soon.. God bless u

With a thick voice VO will be like some schools in US have all that and it common among them and asked him to recite another anthem..
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

LagosismyHome:

Do this by pm ..... what if u get the VO who here , he just be like this cram work i read on NL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 21, 2016
@Cseejhay, check your mail and respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:17am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=ogba4james post=50359337][/quote]

Yes but you getting things wrong in another direction
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gunther6(m): 4:18am On Oct 21, 2016
calfavour:
Sincere apologies. Not like I decided not to be here anymore. MSc in US has been hectic. With lots of things to read and do. Greetings to all Fall 2016 . I guess everyone is cool .

@guther6. @dickoflife, @monsieur @meekandholy, @Oludare01, @Ashbammy and .... how is it going

Favour I swear you don offend me but you know what to do, I no longer have your number but I'll touch base

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:18am On Oct 21, 2016
worry359:

The visa officer wants to hear your answers in a natural speaking voice.
If they feel that you are reading a prepared speach they will slap you down hard!

Exactly but he is arguing to prove point
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 5:19am On Oct 21, 2016
biikeys:

Is your sponsor an immediate member of your family?

Yes... My immediate family
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Justiceotuya(m): 5:33am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

You no try at all with your post, is like another part of naija you dey live and you no know as things dey go for my country..

No one will even collect 16k for you hand, and if dem collect you don enter one chance and they will tell you say paper no dey to print your passport..

If you stay in Abuja you can do it 21k with take away lunch grin grin grin
Am in Abuja. Hmmmm this country na wah oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 5:46am On Oct 21, 2016
fatanu:

Yes... My immediate family

If the person is a parent or sibling, just save yourself some headache and fill 'Yes'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 6:49am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

You go wait like a month or more to get response if care is not taken grin grin grin

It better you email the one of ustravels and get response within 48 hours, i can't remember their full email address maybe when i check i will post it or you remind me.

Better still go to your appointment interview portal and use the feedback to contact them
Oh, you mean traveldocs their own email? I know it. I'll send to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 6:52am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

You must be high..

I am sure you are not proud of your country.
Not so bro. I didn't grow up there and for goodness sakes I don't even understand their language.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2016
No bro. We're talking about if I need to pay Nigerian visa fees since I'm using my other passport. I never travel out before talk less of visiting US without visa.
Walspring:

Lemme ask, are you US citizen that you dont want to pay visa fee

You mixing all these and i don't even understand my i stopped grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kayuscares4u(m): 7:39am On Oct 21, 2016
Thanks for yr response, it is my first degree, my wrk have nt give time to go to school. I think the best is to go to school myself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by guadete: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2016
I salute everyone here......

Please can anyone help I graduated from FUTO 2011 with a degree in project management technology. ....I want to know if I can find any affordable schools for master with low tuition I have a G.P.A of 3.3......please I need anyones advice plz.....I want to go for master of social work or masters of operations management
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2016
good morning every one, please how am I to dress to the embassy......please help me.....it just weeks to come........i don't mind if you could upload some some sample pictures here......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 21, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
good morning every one, please how am I to dress to the embassy......please help me.....it just weeks to come........i don't mind if you could upload some some sample pictures here......

You're to wear something comfortable. What you wear should be a reflection of who you are. In essence, dress the way you would to an interview.
You don't have to be all "suited up" except you're a professional who dresses that way all the time.
Just wear somefin comfortable. The way you dress does not affect the outcome of the interview in any way.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2016
Approved:

You're to wear something comfortable. What you wear should be a reflection of who you are. In essence, dress the way you would to an interview.
You don't have to be all "suited up" except you're a professional who dresses that way all the time.
Just wear somefin comfortable. The way you dress does not affect the outcome of the interview in any way.
can you be more specific please,is it OK to put on a chinos,a shirt and Reebok shoe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

Nope they are not allowed to work, Just to wake up, sleep, eat, watch cables, go out and play, go to store and so on grin grin grin
that one isnt too good o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
can you be more specific please,is it OK to put on a chinos,a shirt and Reebok shoe

If YOU are comfortable then that is fine.
You can wear that, or western suit, or traditional dress.
Just wear whatever looks tidy and clean and lets you be relaxed.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2016
Approved:

I am telling you.

I went for a visa interview last year with four other colleagues for a training, all dressed up in long sleeves and corporate trousers + lace up shoes cheesy except for one of us - white Jean trouser, timberland boots and a T-shirt his hair was curly too.

Embassy fall our hand o sad Mr Timberland got the visa, the whole office said he rigged it! grin

He met a jovial interviewer and answered his questions right so he got it. No wayo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ogba4james(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

Were you told all these via email or in person over the phone?

Within 2 to 4 weeks you should get reply..
Thx for ur concern, God bless u.
I was told all this via email...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by busybrain001(m): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

Message sent!

Thanks bro...God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by busybrain001(m): 10:09am On Oct 21, 2016
Please house, I would like to know the average tuition fee plus living expenses for a master's program, and what amount is considered to be cheap....and will your sponsors bank statement need to cover the total cost for the duration of your study or just the first semester or first year, Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ogba4james(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

if u feel it wont work against u then go for it . however how certain are u or it based on your assumptions . VO has mentioned prepared speeches many times here so hearing exactly what has been read on NL how can it sometimes be good for the applicant ..............well to each its own

U are right.. I will take your advice ...
God bless u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 11:10am On Oct 21, 2016
Hi House,
Please i have two issues that i need clarifications for.
1) I just received my i-20 but with some errors, my country and country of birth was mistakenly chosen for India. Pls can i use this i-20 or request for another one and who pays for the shipment because its not my fault. I can't afford another $104 for eshipglobal.
2) I saw a form that came with it telling me to fill out I-901 form and print it and send it along with $100. I am guessing they are talking about sevis fee. what is confusing me is the amount, i thought sevis fee is $200 not $100. Or which form are they talking about.

Please gurus in the house assist me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:24am On Oct 21, 2016
fatanu:
Hi House,
Please i have two issues that i need clarifications for.
1) I just received my i-20 but with some errors, my country and country of birth was mistakenly chosen for India. Pls can i use this i-20 or request for another one and who pays for the shipment because its not my fault. I can't afford another $104 for eshipglobal.
2) I saw a form that came with it telling me to fill out I-901 form and print it and send it along with $100. I am guessing they are talking about sevis fee. what is confusing me is the amount, i thought sevis fee is $200 not $100. Or which form are they talking about.

Please gurus in the house assist me.

If your i20 error was done by the school then contact them immediately to correct at their cost .... Let them know , be polite about it and a sensible school will pay for the shipping fee

secondly sevis is £200..... this school is not serious ooo. Most student complete the I 901 online and then go pay the Sevis and hence free to complete i 901 so why do they need you to send it with £100. what school is this ?? .. Is it a one man school ?

also if you are not sure what that form is , instead of guessing or receiving guess work on nairaland.. Always call or email and clarify
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If your i20 error was done by the school then contact them immediately to correct at their cost .... Let them know , be polite about it and a sensible school will pay for the shipping fee

secondly sevis is £200..... this school is not serious ooo. Most student complete the I 901 online and then go pay the Sevis and hence free to complete i 901 so why do they need you to send it with £100. what school is this ?? .. Is it a one man school ?

also if you are not sure what that form is , instead of guessing or receiving guess work on nairaland.. Always call or email and clarify

Thanks for the quick response. I hope I was polite when writing them because I was so angry. Secondly I'm not too clear about your explanation on the I-901. They wrote as a direction that if I want to pay for the fee via credit card I should go to their site and if it's through mail I should fill the form out and send it with $100.
My school is Eastern Illinois Uni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.