Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (669057 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olasun4u(m): 6:49am On Nov 23, 2016
brightify:
I don't think it will be same for a hi-tech country like america to recognise a degree from a third world country like Nigeria.they know quite well that we spend 6yrs for 4yrs course due to strike of a thing,they know that our universities don't match up to the standard of their own universities and you expect them to employ us with our naija certificate?the best option is to work in a naija company in the united state and at the same time work for your masters or an American degree. A Nigerian degree is gradually becoming useless in our country,talkless of America.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olasun4u(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2016
biikeys:

Are you physically present in the US? Likely No..What kind of skills/experience do you have.... Not impossible, but man..you have to be someone who's skills they can't match here and are ready to get a visa to bring you in. Of course if you're a top guy in a multinational with strong ties to their offices here, you can probably get them to file an L1 visa for you.

Considering the quality of the job you'll get if you are lucky to land one and the so many uncertainties, I would say your degree is far better evaluated and used to pursue a/another graduate degree here than used to get a job.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olasun4u(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2016
Walspring:

Yes if only you do WES or other agency evaluation

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olasun4u(m): 6:51am On Nov 23, 2016
masquellett:

I dont think so bro. The probability is 0.000001%

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2016
Stewee:
How's everybody doing ?
Bigfrancis, imperiouxxx, walspring, deetus, honeyad, Amanze, zeeza, etc
I hail ooo
My oga, i'm fine. How's ur chick?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2016
strictlynaija:
Hello All, the only thing pending in my application is my SOP.

I've got 2 SOP drafts but I don't feel they are 'sexy' enough for funding especially. If there's any one willing to help with this, I'll really appreciate it.

Epp a brother. December is almost here.
PM me let me take a look at it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2016
OluDare01:

Fine bros. We dey prepare for exam

Please I already sent you a mail....Kindly reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happney65: 7:36am On Nov 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

What's this MMM going round on nairaland and Facebook among Nigerians? I can't get it.

Bros research more you will see..Na almost all Nigerian wan do am ohh...Anyway sha make we no digress from the thread..lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by segzy0: 8:41am On Nov 23, 2016
Good morning Gurus, Please im earner in this forum, my aunt wants to invite me to US, what document does she need to send me apart from writing an invitation letter?

Abeg make una put me through.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 8:52am On Nov 23, 2016
segzy0:
Good morning Gurus, Please im earner in this forum, my aunt wants to invite me to US, what document does she need to send me apart from writing an invitation letter?

Abeg make una put me through.

Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/268
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 9:02am On Nov 23, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Hello everyone, any student here in the US who needs dollars but has naira to exchange for dollars? I do have some dollars available for exchange. To contact me, please visit my profile and shoot me an email. Also, if you're a prospective student in Nigeria but need assistance with making payments (SEVIS, application fee etc.), please reach out to me.

Thanks.

Pls wia are u staying?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2016
texrem:

I will get back to you soonest

Hello bro. I'm still waiting for your reply, pls check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 9:59am On Nov 23, 2016
bigfrancis21:
Hello everyone, any student here in the US who needs dollars but has naira to exchange for dollars? I do have some dollars available for exchange. To contact me, please visit my profile and shoot me an email. Also, if you're a prospective student in Nigeria but need assistance with making payments (SEVIS, application fee etc.), please reach out to me.

Thanks.

Whats your exchange rate Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 11:28am On Nov 23, 2016
Pls I need recommendations, where is the best place to buy used car here?
Can this dealers be trusted or Is craigslist a good one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 12:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
Chrisblaze1:
vo : Tell me your study plans.
Me : I am going to the United States for my undergraduate degree in Engineering Technology which I will be specializing on Mechanical Engineering Technology which involves the industrial applications of engineering principles at Kansas state university for the total period of 48months, which will be fetching me a bachelors degree after the complications of my studies and I will be coming back to my home country joining hands with my dad deploying my acquired skills I gained in the United States into my dad's company inother to solve the challenges facing my dad's company so as to meet the global standard.
vo : Explain what your dad's is into
Me : He's a mechanical engineer and he's into engineering design and mechanical constructions, leasing, electrical installation and power plants maintenance (heavy duties automated machines)
vo : Did you write any test
Me : Yes I did. SAT and TOEFL. SAT ( Reading and writing : 520. Maths : 580 in total 1,100)
vo : kept on typing for ages and said the magic words that your visa will be approved. She kept on talking but I couldn't listen to whatever she was saying my own is for her to give me my white paper after seeing so many denying of visas but I give God the Glory for making this possible and making me the first to receive the white paper after seeing so many denying.
Congrats man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bigfrancis21: 12:48pm On Nov 23, 2016
adup:

Pls wia are u staying?

Maryland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bigfrancis21: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
ajomarzy:

Whats your exchange rate Bro

Email me please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
saninwa:
Hello everyone!
Please I am a fall 2017 undergraduate applicant. The deadline for applications from international students is Morgan State University where I intend studying is December 1st. I am having issues with the application requirements, they need my evaluated WAEC, I have sent my WAEC result for Evaluation at WES through waec head office. The status of my evaluation application is: waiting for verification from institution. Please how long does it take for WAEC to reply verification request to WES. Please I need your advice. Time is no longer by my side.
The usual way Wes will send your document back to WAEC is through regular mail, and when they sent mine back to WAEC I kept checking for over one month but they kept saying they haven't received it from WES. I don't know the exact time it will get there, but your case might be different from mine. But if you know you don't have time. You can tell WES to send the document to WAEC via courier service which is 60USD. But for the verification request it doesn't take time as long as they've received your document from WES.
I hope this helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
Horlopz:
The usual way Wes will send your document back to WAEC is through regular mail, and when they sent mine back to WAEC I kept checking for over one month but they kept saying they haven't received it from WES. I don't know the exact time it will get there, but your case might be different from mine. But if you know you don't have time. You can tell WES to send the document to WAEC via courier service which is 60USD. But for the verification request it doesn't take time as long as they've received your document from WES.
I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot bro, that's nice
Please what stage are you now in the evaluation process?
How do I order for a courier from WES and will waec reply the verification request through mail (that's replying through regular post) or through an email to WES? Please bro help me to find out details about this evaluation stuff, am very far away from Lagos. I am going through the waec branch office at umuahia, and they know little about confirmation of result to foreign institutions such as WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ebywa: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello, everyone.. i have been following this trend for a while now, and i must say this forum helped me a lot in getting my f1 visa this morning at the Lagos consulate...

my interview was for 6 30am today .. fast forward to the transcript cos i no sabi talk too much

me; good morning with a wonderful smile
vo; are you going to study too? *frowns face* like say i dey owe am..

me: yes i am * i frown my on face too* looking straight into her eyes
vo; what school and course

me; business administration with a concentration in international business.. at Lincoln university Oakland California
vo; why international business?

me; well i work in a very competitive organization, and for anyone to get a promotion you would need an added educational qualification, i want the best for my self and since i already have a bs.c in business admin i decided to stay in my area of interest.

vo; why this school?
me; it was recommended to me by a prof in my the university were i had my bs.c and also the tuition is very much inline with my mums budget for my studies..

vo; what school
me; HNAUB

vo; what does your mum do?
me; she is a business woman, she has a manufacturing company the deals on plastic chairs, tables , plumbing pipes, and also sales and distribution of building materials..

vo; have you traveled outside of Nigeria before
me; yes to the UK

vo; are you married;
me; no

vo; any child?
me; no

vo; do you stay with your parents presently
me; yes i do

vo; OK i would be approving your visa* at this point i didn't hear nothing again, *my ears went on auto deafness.* passes my i-20 to me and the white paper..
me; Thank you.. na so i bounce commot

no documents asked. i didn't write any single exam, my GP IN SCHOOL was 2.50/4.. i did everything with faith and i didn't put all my hope on the visa, so i was very relaxed even in the midst of the denials, i still composed my self, looked straight into her eyes from start to finish.. in all, confidence is the key ,yes i was nervous when i started seeing blue paper from left to right, but i stayed calm, and i spoke with so much confidence and am sure no single person behind me heard my transcript cos i didn't have to shout to impress the vo i spoke my mind and that did it for me... am only 23 but i am over 6ft and i look way older than my age. i think that played a Little in me being calm and relaxed...

please anyone going to lincoln uni in Oakland or California , abeg kindly holla at me..

once again a very big thank you to you all, God bless you all bountifully . i am really grateful

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
ebywa:
Hello, everyone.. i have been following this trend for a while now, and i must say this forum helped me a lot in getting my f1 visa this morning at the Lagos consulate...

my interview was for 6 30am today .. fast
me; she is a business woman, she has a manufacturing
Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dadaojames(m): 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Congratulations.

ebywa:

my interview was for 6 30am today .. fast forward to the transcript cos i no sabi talk too much

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
sirRiddy:
imperiouxx it is a ponzi sche
Hey Bro, How are you doing? BTW i met an indian friend of yours, Kandasany Kishore smiley what a small world

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alteco007(m): 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
Congrats bro. PM'd you

ebywa:

me; business administration with a concentration in international business.. at Lincoln university Oakland California
vo; why international business?

me; well i work in a very competitive organization, and for anyone to get a promotion you would need an added educational qualification, i want the best for my self and since i already have a bs.c in business admin i decided to stay in my area of interest.

vo; why this school?
me; it was recommended to me by a prof in my the university were i had my bs.c and also the tuition is very much inline with my mums budget for my studies..

vo; what school
me; HNAUB

vo; what does your mum do?
me; she is a business woman, she has a manufacturing company the deals on plastic chairs, tables , plumbing pipes, and also sales and distribution of building materials..

vo; have you traveled outside of Nigeria before
me; yes to the UK

vo; are you married;
me; no

vo; any child?
me; no

vo; do you stay with your parents presently
me; yes i do

vo; OK i would be approving your visa* at this point i didn't hear nothing again, *my ears went on auto deafness.* passes my i-20 to me and the white paper..
me; Thank you.. na so i bounce commot

no documents asked. i didn't write any single exam, my GP IN SCHOOL was 2.50/4.. i did everything with faith and i didn't put all my hope on the visa, so i was very relaxed even in the midst of the denials, i still composed my self, looked straight into her eyes from start to finish.. in all, confidence is the key ,yes i was nervous when i started seeing blue paper from left to right, but i stayed calm, and i spoke with so much confidence and am sure no single person behind me heard my transcript cos i didn't have to shout to impress the vo i spoke my mind and that did it for me... am only 23 but i am over 6ft and i look way older than my age. i think that played a Little in me being calm and relaxed...

please anyone going to lincoln uni in Oakland or California , abeg kindly holla at me..

once again a very big thank you to you all, God bless you all bountifully . i am really grateful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by harrycool(m): 3:07pm On Nov 23, 2016
Justnora:

when did it reach $250? i thought the amount is $200

$50 is their service charge.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
harrycool:

$50 is their service charge.

oh.okay. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2016
femi321:
Hey Bro, How are you doing? BTW i met an indian friend of yours, Kandasany Kishore smiley what a small world
Hi Femi.
He told me about it. Kishore and I both got accepted into KU but chose to go elsewhere. We met on the KU Facebook group. I trust you are having a good semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
saninwa:

Thanks a lot bro, that's nice
Please what stage are you now in the evaluation process?
How do I order for a courier from WES and will waec reply the verification request through mail (that's replying through regular post) or through an email to WES? Please bro help me to find out details about this evaluation stuff, am very far away from Lagos. I am going through the waec branch office at umuahia, and they know little about confirmation of result to foreign institutions such as WES
I have successfully completed this evaluation stuff a long time. Did mine in Lagos. You will just contact WES direct and they will add it to your outstanding charges that's all. When you make the payment they'll ship the documents in abt 3 days via courier. And after that WAEC will send through the initial way you sent the other document to WES without any charge. But am not sure that one in umahaia might be like that. But mine was sent again through courier for free back to WES after they verified the results.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (405)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.