Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,147 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (669496 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:17am On Aug 20, 2016
bayocanny:

Yes, its possible mine is on transit as well

With which airline and where is the stopover

gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bayocanny: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

With which airline and where is the stopover

gringringrin
grin the packet is now in Lagos, it was sent through Qatar Airline stopover in Doha then connect to LOS
Am serious o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 11:57am On Aug 20, 2016
Christian129:
Baba na joke o dey o. No vex. How Grand Rapids?
lol. Bro good question..... when i get there i go ask.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Akobundu1: 12:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello house,I also chose an associate degree,but mine in libral art and science...I hv been to th interview twice before now..A friend of mine jst told me about nairaland nd I joined...I was asked the first time why I chose an associate degree and not a direct degree,The second time I was asked "What is it in your aplication that has changed that would enable me give grant you a visa".The v.o also asked why I was denied a visa the first time even when I wasnt told by the previous v.o why she denied me...Thou I said one or two,but I knew my anwers werent satisfactory...Plus I didnt take any exam to get he admission....Pls I do not have any money for another interview as we speak..I graduated since 2010,My parents nd family members that rendered help are tired from helping me and I do not know how am to raise money In this period where the exchange rate has risen...But I"ld love that my above questions be answered thou,so I could know the answers.If It be Gods will then I"ll get the money...cuz school resumes septembre 6....plls pls pls...answer my questions...Its important I have an idea what the answer is.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
Akobundu1:

Hello house,I also chose an associate degree,but mine in libral art and science...I hv been to th interview twice before now..A friend of mine jst told me about nairaland nd I joined...I was asked the first time why I chose an associate degree and not a direct degree,The second time I was asked "What is it in your aplication that has changed that would enable me give grant you a visa".The v.o also asked why I was denied a visa the first time even when I wasnt told by the previous v.o why she denied me...Thou I said one or two,but I knew my anwers werent satisfactory...Plus I didnt take any exam to get he admission....Pls I do not have any money for another interview as we speak..I graduated since 2010,My parents nd family members that rendered help are tired from helping me and I do not know how am to raise money In this period where the exchange rate has risen...But I"ld love that my above questions be answered thou,so I could know the answers.If It be Gods will then I"ll get the money...cuz school resumes septembre 6....plls pls pls...answer my questions...Its important I have an idea what the answer is.....

It is the USA visa policy to give you a paper with a code for your visa refusal.
Unfortunately most people do not seem to look at it!

What was the code? like 214b? or something else?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
PrettyBoyFloyd:
happy for you,the main thing is coming here from day one and knowing the priorities.
trust me baba. Am on a mission..... God has my vision in store...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
Akobundu1:

Hello house,I also chose an associate degree,but mine in libral art and science...I hv been to th interview twice before now..A friend of mine jst told me about nairaland nd I joined...I was asked the first time why I chose an associate degree and not a direct degree,The second time I was asked "What is it in your aplication that has changed that would enable me give grant you a visa".The v.o also asked why I was denied a visa the first time even when I wasnt told by the previous v.o why she denied me...Thou I said one or two,but I knew my anwers werent satisfactory...Plus I didnt take any exam to get he admission....Pls I do not have any money for another interview as we speak..I graduated since 2010,My parents nd family members that rendered help are tired from helping me and I do not know how am to raise money In this period where the exchange rate has risen...But I"ld love that my above questions be answered thou,so I could know the answers. If It be Gods will then I"ll get the money ...cuz school resumes septembre 6....plls pls pls...answer my questions...Its important I have an idea what the answer is.....

Visa is one thing financial support is another and is so vital. ....even if u get the visa how do you intend to support yourself in america.. it can be very tough ooo with less support system because the people there have their own bills they are dealing with. ..... just a food for thought

As for your profile you need to show what u have been doing since 2010 and how this associate enhances your career goal....but i have to remind you. We have said it many times here CC is difficult to convince a VO

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dicapino: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
hello guys i remember someone posted a link on how to get free books( i think how to download). i need it.....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2016
Akobundu1:

Sorry about your delay but it's unfortunate that you went with associate degree i20

Kindly apply to a university and and work on your lapses, trust me you will get your visa and you will come back here to thank God and not me.

I hope it's not an agent that helped you with this CC?

I would advise you to defer and apply to another school for spring 2017 or fall 2017, you sevis fee is still valid for one year as from the date of payment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Akobundu1:

cc
Nikiihardehx

@bold.... Can you see that you both have similar profile?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nikiihardehx(f): 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

After that section there is another section where you will be asked if you have travel to another country maybe within the last 5 years or so..

Are you saying you didn't see that section ?
yes I didn't .. Even did another cross check now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nikiihardehx(f): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

cc
Nikiihardehx

@bold.... Can you see that you both have similar profile?
you right walspring ......same issue .....omg #headache
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
nikiihardehx:
yes I didn't .. Even did another cross check now

Do you see it after cross checking again?

If not they must have removed it if I am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2016
nikiihardehx:
you right walspring ......same issue .....omg #headache

Check your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
bayocanny:

grin the packet is now in Lagos, it was sent through Qatar Airline stopover in Doha then connect to LOS
Am serious o

Over serious dey worry you no be small.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2016
dickoflife:
trust me baba. Am on a mission..... God has my vision in store...

Mission ?

Are you a missionary man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

Of course you will get the visa by the special Grace of God

Amen ooo. I really need that prayer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
dickoflife:
latest thursday will get back to u...

Let me know on time so that I fix my schedule.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
DeeTus:
Hahaha. Pinkytoes might be reading this right now. Where's she or he?

I think since he was busted, he had crawled back into his crevice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Walspring:

Sorry about your delay but it's unfortunate that you went with associate degree i20

Kindly apply to a university and and work on your lapses, trust me you will get your visa and you will come back here to thank God and not me.

I hope it's not an agent that helped you with this CC?

I would advise you to defer and apply to another school for spring 2017 or fall 2017, you sevis fee is still valid for one year as from the date of payment.
Good afternoon sir, please i want to ask if colleges offering 4years degree programme are also classified as community colleges. I also want to ask if a financial aid scholarship is been awarded to a student base on need(need base scholarship) do one still need to go to the embassy with a bank statement since the person was awarded the scholarship because he/she can't afford to study in the US and lastly how do you think one should answer the "who's sponsoring you" question by the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls anyone in UB. I need AFFORDABLE accommodation. Pls prompt reply will be highly appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
Akobundu1:

Hello house,I also chose an associate degree,but mine in libral art and science...I hv been to th interview twice before now..A friend of mine jst told me about nairaland nd I joined...I was asked the first time why I chose an associate degree and not a direct degree,The second time I was asked "What is it in your aplication that has changed that would enable me give grant you a visa".The v.o also asked why I was denied a visa the first time even when I wasnt told by the previous v.o why she denied me...Thou I said one or two,but I knew my anwers werent satisfactory...Plus I didnt take any exam to get he admission....

This is called CC effects. Do SAT and TOEFL maybe then apply to universities. Only very few people get it with cc admission and now that you've been denied twice, my brother, you need to upgrade like what the last VO told you. Upgrade friend!

Akobundu1:
Pls I do not have any money for another interview as we speak..I graduated since 2010,My parents nd family members that rendered help are tired from helping me and I do not know how am to raise money In this period where the exchange rate has risen...But I"ld love that my above questions be answered thou,so I could know the answers.

Seriously! This part shows that you simple won't be able to pay for tuition when you get to US. It's not bashing but everything you wrote here says it all. You can't even get sponsor to pay for your next interview how much more sponsor to stand for you when to pay your thousands dollars tuition. You better look for free tuition school in Europe, unless you have the other ulterior motive for wanting to go to US.

Akobundu1:
If It be Gods will then I"ll get the money...cuz school resumes septembre 6....plls pls pls...answer my questions...Its important I have an idea what the answer is.....

God has already told you that Sept 6 is too close for this your situation. Your tuition is the main issue here, God knows. How do you want to get it in this short time if your school resumes by Sept 6 and you're still in Nigeria as we speak. Men, defer your next appearance at the embassy while you take your time to make a smart change to your application.

Best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
tomisinobbm:
Lol. He has roughly 17 days to refire.
A pal used about 14 days to book an appointment, get his visa and travel.
If he feels he's right let me try.
My opinion sha.
imperiouxx:

This is called CC effects. Do SAT and TOEFL maybe then apply to universities. Only very few people get it with cc admission and now that you've been denied twice, my brother, you need to upgrade like what the last VO told you. Upgrade friend!
Seriously! This part shows that you simple won't be able to pay for tuition when you get to US. It's not bashing but everything you wrote here says it all. You can't even get sponsor to pay for your next interview how much more sponsor to stand for you when to pay your thousands dollars tuition. You better look for free tuition school in Europe, unless you have the other ulterior motive for wanting to go to US.
God has already told you that Sept 6 is too close for this your situation. Your tuition is the main issue here, God knows. How do you want to get it in this short time if your school resumes by Sept 6 and you're still in Nigeria as we speak. Men, defer your next appearance at the embassy while you take your time to make a smart change to your application.
Best!
Lol. He has roughly 17 days to refire.
A pal used about 14 days to book an appointment, get his visa and travel.
If he feels he's right let me try.
My opinion sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tsquare299(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hi, thanks for this platform.
Do I need to get TOEFL to get Visa since my propose school( theological) doesn't require it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
oluwafemikolade:
HERE IS MY TRANSCRIPT...
I LEFT IBADAN FOR LAGOS ON WED, 17TH AUG... MY FLIGHT WAS SCHEDULED FOR 6:30AM.. VIA ROYAL AIR RAMOC.

THE CHECK IN STARTED AROUND 2AM.... I DID THE NORMAL CHECKS,WEIGHED MY LUGGAGES, WENT TO THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS AND NDLEA TABLE TO CHECK MY LUGGAGES... NIGERIANS LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH CORRUPTION. THE WOMAN IN CUSTOM UNIFORM TOLD I HAVE TO PAY 2,000 FOR THE FOODSTUFF I WAS CARRYING AND OR ELSE I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE OFFICE TO MAKE THE CERTIFICATION. EVENTUALLY I PAID THE WOMAN 1K. FROM THERE I PROCEEDED TO THE COUNTER TO GET MY BOARDING PASS... WENT THROUGH THE IMMIGRATION CHECKS ... AND PROCEEDED TO BOARD MY FLIGHT.
THE FLIGHT TOOK OFF FOR CASABLANCA AT EXACTLY 06 :30AM.. WHILE ON BOARD WE WERE SERVED COFFEE, JUICE, YOUGHURT AND WATER.. AT 10:30AM WE TOUCHED DOWN AT CASABLANCA, AND MOVED TO TRANSIT LOUNGE FOR THE 17HOURS.
WHILE WAITING FOR THE 17HOURS TO BE OVER, WE WERE AGAIN SERVED THE MOROCCOAN FOOD THAT I COULD NOT TELL HOW IT TASTED. IT WAS SERVED FOR LUNCH AND DINNER.. I MANAGED TO EAT THOUGH.
ON FRI.18TH AT EXACTLY 1AM, THE 17HOURS LAY OVER CAME TO AN END... AND WE WERE TRANSFERED FROM THE TERMINAL 1 OF THE AIRPORT TO WHERE WE TO CATCH THE FLIGHT... WE WERE CHECKED IN AGAIN... AND FIND OUR WAY TO THE BOEING 787-8 AIRCRAFT.. VERY LOVELY AIRCRAFT... WE TOOK OFF FROM CASABLANCA TO NEW YORK AT EXACTLY 04:30AM... I ENTERTAINED MYSELF WHILE ON BOARD.. WATCHED MOVIES AND LISTENED TO THE MUSIC OF MY CHOICE... AGAIN WE WERE SERVED THEIR SO CALLED FOOD (NIGERIANS CAN CALL IT 'EBO'). I SHA MANAGED TO EAT IT AGAIN. WE GOT JFK - NEW YORK AT EXACTLY 7:05AM(LOCAL TIME).. I STEPPED MY FEET ON AMERICAN SOIL FOR THE FIRST IN MY LIFE... IMMEDIATELY PROCEEDED TO THE CBP OFFICER FOR CLEARANCE.
HERE IS MY SHORT CHAT WITH HIM

CBP:GOOD MORNING
ME: I PASSED HIM MY DECLARATION FORM, PASSPORT AND I-20
CBP: CHECKED THEM, CAPTURED MY RIGHT FINGERS PRINT AND TOOK MY PHOTOGRAPH... STAMPED MY PASSPORT AND RETURN MY DOCS TO ME.

I WENT IN TO CLAIM MY LUGGAGES AND EXIT THE AIRPORT FOR MY DESTINATION.

AFTER THE WHOLE PROCESS I WELCOMED MYSELF TO AMERICA... GOD'S OWN COUNTRY.

Please, under CBP... Wat is declaration form?

CBP:GOOD MORNING
ME: I PASSED HIM MY DECLARATION FORM, PASSPORT AND I-20

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrsmith11(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Please house
does low toefl score affect one visa chances?

I applied for a short course and they ask for my transcript and toefl 61 or ielt 5.5
My result just came out 74. I sent the transcript and toefl score to her and she replied *thank you*

Is it advisable I retake the test for embassy purpose?

Cc : Lagosismyhome
Cc : walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
tsquare299:
Hi, thanks for this platform.
Do I need to get TOEFL to get Visa since my propose school( theological) doesn't require it?

If you have a letter stating that you do not need it then you should be ok.
Some do it anyway to look better for the VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello good people, please I have some key questions to ask.
1) I just heard no liquids on flight! Will I be told to drop my body lotion cream and perf before boarding?
2) Please, what's the cheapest route to Union, new jersey from JFK, I don't intend using taxi, cos of the high fair, a friend said train is cheaper! Any other option? Cos every dollar needs to be checked oo.
3) Say my parents wants to wire money to me, can they walk into any bank and wire to me, via western union or money gram?, then I get the dollar equivalent.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
masquellett:
Hello good people, please I have some key questions to ask.
1) just heard no liquids on flight! Will I be told to drop my body lotion cream and perf before boarding?
2) Please, what's the cheapest route to Union, new jersey from JFK, I don't intend using taxi, cos of the high fair, a friend said train is cheaper! Any other option? Cos every dollar needs to be checked oo.
3) Say my parents wants to wire money to me, can they walk into any bank and wire to me, via western union or money gram?, then I get the dollar equivalent.

Thanks in anticipation.

Only answer to the bold.... liquid must be in your checked luggage and not your hand luggage... so yes no liquid with you on flight /hand luggage check it in your main luggage

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (405)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.