Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670568 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2016
lionlee216:
Lagosismyhome, aadeyi pm sent. smiley
Ojap, SirRiddy and deetus, I will send PM too

Walspring n texrem, I wont send u my transcript ooo. Just use that mouth say prayer for me lobatan grin

LOL! grin

No problem, go ahead then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2016
ddbluv:

Where do you wanna reside?
Most programs are North, but rooms are more expensive there. north or South Campus?

South pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omodadi2: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2016
Lagosismyhome, with all due respect can i send you pm? I am a lady and I need personal asistance for my kid sister concerning her masters in the US. I await your responce.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys, if one applies for admission in the spring semester and decides to defer till fall, will the candidate be considered for any departmental funding or GA/TA since the funding decision is still in march?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 25, 2016
I decided to free the thread for a while because of two things. 1. It's about visa enquiries and I haven't been (technically) posting anything about u.s visa for a while. Better to not derail from the goal of the thread 2. I just shake my head for some ITKs on here and how some people go about their things. The most ignorant person in life is he who thinks he knows too much and the wisest is he who thinks he knows nothing. When someone brings a new information here, the way some people attack it senselessly and quote loads of nonsense just to prove a point (and in the end, ultimately show their ignorance) is pathetic. The general trend here is to show that you're a master, show that you've seen it all, done it all and you're so wise that you can't be fooled by anyone. Person dey ask for visa proof to show that another person actually got a visa, etc. Some will write nonsense like "that's not possible, I have not seen/heard it before hence you're lying.

"I have not seen or heard of x before, until you send me y as proof, then I'll never believe x is true and since I don't believe x, then x doesn't exist". Now let's assume x exists and you honestly don't know about it. I have experienced x enough to prove to you that it exists but I angrily refuse to prove x to you. You'll be there in your room thinking you're wise, you've "caught" me and since I gave you no proof, x doesn't exist while as a matter of fact, you're the ode who's never going to know about it. Read this carefully to understand my point. If you can't, then... good luck to you.

To all the experts here who "do a lot of research", quickly pull out quotes online and other loads of things to show their wisdom. May God help your ministries as you arrogantly shut out your minds to new knowledge. Always remember: the scope of your knowledge is not the scope of what can be known/what is true. I'll leave it at that so as not to get angry and write what I'm not supposed to write. Things dey happen for this land, forget grammar and terms and conditions, people dey run things. If you no open your eyes, after your graduate assistantship, opt, everything. Nobody go tell you when you meet yourself for Ikeja airport with nothing to show for it because you no know as e dey go.

If you've not been affected by this useless trend here, then I'll say congratulations to you. Take my advice, whenever someone posts something and you think it's the biggest lie ever... without trying to foolishly prove you're wiser than the person, just ask the person to teach you more about it and how he got it done. Send a PM to the person (some people don't feel comfortable saying things openly because of privacy and all) and you'll be amazed by what's going down in this world. Person talk about how he successfully "storied" a bank employee or whatever to get something done for him (I'm not saying he lied or didn't lie), but I saw the reactions to the post, and I shook my head. Do you know how many times I have talked my way for things that seemed impossible to be made possible? The house wey I dey stay sef, I know the package wey I give them for them to let me sign my lease without any security deposit, guarantor, etc (things that were MANDATORY for the particular apartment). If I talk that one, them go say e no dey possible.

OPT, H1 sponsorship, bla bla... STORY. Pray to God to link you with people wey sabi and make them show you as e dey go. you go convert your green pali to blue in less than the time wey some of your mates go use graduate, do OPT dey find work. Remember Kemi wey dey your class for 100Level wey no fit spell her name? Remember how she graduate with Strong 2.1, serve for Oil company while others dey serve for schools and local government for inside bush, how she dey work for big company now dey earn better salary and how she no deserve everything wey don come her way so far? You wey deserve am, abeg where you dey?

A word is enough for the wise. Everybody get their own pattern. Keep doing your things, keep saying what you know, I pray everyone has a successful interview and I wish you all success as you chase the American dream. Just remember to shine your eyes. Some people will try to sample you before showing you things, don't fail the test with your oversabi. If you go meet them for anything, them go shake you to see if you heavy for ground, be smart! I repeat... be smart! Stay away from negative people who see the impossibility in every situation, roll with sure people and be wise. You can imagine, some people dey here... OPT no even dey their plans for this place. OPT korr, BRT ni. Them no get plans for employer to file nonsense for them. The orientation wey dem don get strong pass wetin una dey read for books.

Don't PM me asking for nonsense o. I know nothing. cheesy cheesy cheesy I'm only saying we should be wise, that's all. God go bless all of us. Some people will want you to fail so they can say: "see? I told you. Serves you right". Stay away from such people. The world is for risk takers... calculated risks. Don't let the fear of failure stop you from trying things. Sometimes, it's better to try and fail than not to try at all and not know if you would have succeeded if you tried. It's like buying a lottery ticket, no matter how slim the chance of winning is... if you don't buy the ticket you CAN'T win the lottery. Whether you win or not is another thing, at least buying it gives you a chance. Even if you don't win, try!

Finally, ignore all you've read so far. Let us appease the gods cheesy cheesy cheesy, choose a STEM course (If you're coming here to study anything else, you're wasting your time/life), don't leave Nigeria without a graduate assistantship (that is the only way and any other thing is going to end in tears, nobody has done this in history with success), ignore all the enjoyment and fun in the U.S. (Kill yourself in the library because that's what you came here to do. You can get 4.0 cgpa that nobody has achieved before), don't ever have sex with any girl or else you will get into trouble for rape/assault, forget it if you're thinking you're going to get a beautiful and successful babe/friend that could change your life because it is impossible (That girl wey dey drive 2016 benz wey give Kunle phone number for party... na lie him dey lie. those things only happen on TV). Face your studies, your future depends on getting OPT, get a good job (Americans are so stupid they'd see your struggles and ignore their citizens with the same qualifications and give you the job because you serve a living God), you can't have any savings because America is a credit based State, You will pay so much as tax, you will be so high in debt that you won't have any happiness left in your life. In the end you will see that you're better off in Nigeria, where jobs are so available, businesses are booming, no tax, no racism or any tribalism/nepotism, where life is easy and free.

All hail the gods of the land! When they speak, nobody should question them. Peace out.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
masquellett:

Lol. Very funny bro. Men dey boil. Ow are you bro? You are a good man.

Thanks big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
lionlee216:
Lagosismyhome, aadeyi pm sent. smiley
Ojap, SirRiddy and deetus, I will send PM too

Walspring n texrem, I wont send u my transcript ooo. Just use that mouth say prayer for me lobatan grin

Okay and God will answer our prayers
warriboy21:

Thanks baba

Make we give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
LagosismyHome:

No be small thing you like....you like better thing . For the bedroom furniture $1,800 as i read reach there then i know say all fingers no dey equal .....

my last sister just move go offcampus from hostel as she now a senior girl (junior 300 level ) . But we no spend more than $200 for everything. ..that na where i level reach. .....lol . You be the original better husband

hmmmmmm...

Where is her school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2016
Christian129:
Hi guys, if one applies for admission in the spring semester and decides to defer till fall, will the candidate be considered for any departmental funding or GA/TA since the funding decision is still in march?

Provided you apply for it, you will be considered
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
MsNas:

Quit educating! But I beg to differ on a few things (expenses wise). No pun intended oo.

First, I'll say you have quite the money to spend. Cos I'm pretty sure most of us international students never spend up to $10,000 in our first semester not to talk of $18,000. Lol

cheesy

The fact is that apart from tuition, he could still do virtually everything written there at about half their cost.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by temi4fash(m): 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
The more i read these thread the more i realise opportunities are everywhere make God help man see am...

Christian129.. I want to send you a pm..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
temi4fash:
The more i read these thread the more i realise opportunities are everywhere make God help man see am...

Christian129.. I want to send you a pm..

Go ahead please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
cheesy cheesy grin grin
BrosBola:

Pointless @ least we learn from d ITKs . what do we learn from your write up . Nothing only 2 U criticize others from your last write up 2 dis 1

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Neyoalao(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
sureb0y:

All hail the gods of the land! When they speak, nobody should question them. Peace out.
Baba how far i don message you taya for skyoe no response hope no problem sha?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Harry4cas(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
I've been following this thread silently for a while now and I'm really amazed and happy with the type of first hand information one can get from here. I got to know about GRE, tofel, STEM, PoE, Graduate assistantship, Funding and a lot of other things too.

Thanks @sureboy @warriboy @MsNas @lagosismyhome @walspring @imperiouxx @gunther6 and others I can't really recall their correct moniker/names.... Rhennah, MsAdeyi, bigfrancis, forttisima, lagosniv, justwise, Gideon........ omoh the list is not exhaustive.

lol I no get better Question now, I just wanna appreciate everyone that's contributing positively to this thread..… I'm currently in my final, doing my undergraduate studies here for Bsc. Statistics.

To those story tellers ; sureboy and co lol Dalu nu, to those Sending their Visa transcripts and Flight transcript, Gracias as well. To those asking about Agbo and herbal medicine and a lot others hehehe thanks for making me laugh.

Finally, and to those sacrificing their time to answer peoples questions, those that help a total stranger to pay their Sevis abi Visa fee, those that help with vital info and opportunities schemes even when they're not asked for such, those that offer their unalloyed advice, those that help people with accommodation and also those that are reading and following silently may God bless and enrich y'all.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2016
warriboy21:

Aah baba na u oo...netflix ke...

I de nack dem serious akpako for ere grin...sometimes I go spy netflix movie titles den go find d film for my free website to stream jare... grin..

Who Netflix epp
ole cheesy wait make those jobless hackers use those "website" follow back door enter your personal computer grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
amanze15:
ole cheesy wait make those jobless hackers use those "website" follow back door enter your personal computer grin
Chase go gv me my money back...dem get insurance grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
mevisbleek:

Isn't the commute from Boulder to UofDenver far?

Guess it should be like schooling at LASU and living in Sango-Ota, abi?. Lol
haha abi na. only if the road na four lanes from Ojo to Sango Ota lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
warriboy21:

chairman na you, sharp sharp you don reach Chase level, show me way na

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dicapino: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
amanze15:
amazon Prime wey dey ask for one year subscription for $49.99 bucks/year, na open another account jare grin grin

that money much oooo...when i checked it. I got first month free then $10/month.Thanks anyway
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 3:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
warriboy21:

But our naija banks go blame you and they won't return your money back at all..

gringringrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 3:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
dicapino:

that money much oooo...when i checked it. I got first month free then $10/month.Thanks anyway
its a relative fee, if you shop regularly online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 3:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
Walspring:

But our naija banks go blame you and they won't return your money back at all..

gringringrin

not all of them, had a particular experience recently when a gas station debited almost 90 dollars for a 17 gallons worth of gas from my GTB mastercard, i got in touch with GTB about it and they resolved it under a week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
amanze15:
not all of them, had a particular experience recently when a gas station debited almost 90 dollars for a 17 gallons worth of gas from my GTB mastercard, i got in touch with GTB about it and they resolved it under a week.

Aah ur gtcard de work for gas station?

My own no gree work der o....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 3:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
warriboy21:

Aah ur gtcard de work for gas station?

My own no gree work der o....
pass inside, e go work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
BrosBola:

Pointless @ least we learn from d ITKs . what do we learn from your write up . Nothing only 2 U criticize others from your last write up 2 dis 1

hahaha, of course. cheesy cheesy cheesy If you think I ONLY criticize others here, God bless you cheesy . If I decide to really criticize, na fight we go dey fight all the time. I always appreciate and encourage when people are actually advising people, I give respect and credit when due all the time. I laughed when you said you learn nothing from my writeup lol, I say it all the time that you're about to read a series of subjective rubbish and apologize most times for writing the rubbish. I state clearly too that if you want to learn something, look up to the bosses and ask them your questions cheesy I'm shocked that you read my posts hoping to find sense in them lol. Sorry to disappoint you bro. I be olodo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Neyoalao no vex bro. I left a message for you explaining the ish. I guess you didn't read it. I'll be on around 8pm my time. Sorry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.