Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) (16373 Views)

Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 67th Birthday Today (Photos) / Onyinye Chukwuma Called To Bar Today. Photos / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by olempe(m): 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yeye undecided
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by ayodeji200: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2016

Asoga Dynasty

Asoga children ll loot anything lootable today... Those street Urchins are nothing but bunch of thieves.

This Asoga family is heavenly created to loot on Du Du Du day. It seems that family is traditionally saddled with Du Du Du day activities.

Stay on their path at your own peril...

Trust those Igbos traders along Oba Adesida, Nepa, Isinkan,Arakale and Oyarugbulem Market, they must have closed their shops since yesterday to avoid heart trending stories.

However, a pain to traders but a blessing to professionals who have Du Du Du day off weekend work(Bankers) to chill at home and beer/Emu with bush meat in the evening.
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Handsomecole(m): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
These are part of the reasons Igbos will always be in the fore front of business and modernisation.
This can never happen in Igbo land all because of one useless tradition. Infact it transcends this case, in most parts of the Southwest all because of one festival or the other they shut down businesses, not minding the economic losses. Even when one Oba dies or is doing any celebration they restrict movement and all sorts to what advantage??

Come Igbo land make one Igwe die, make dem talk say market no go open, Mctheeeew!!!
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by davidflipcy5856(m): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
Am Akure based, despite the warning about not opening shops, some people still do, and their goods get wasted at the end of the day, I have once participated in it,a long time ago. I was really young then, was still in primary school. It was fun participating in it.
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by ayodeji200: 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
Handsomecole:
These are part of the reasons Igbos will always be in the fore front of business and modernisation.
This can never happen in Igbo land all because of one useless tradition. Infact it transcends this case, in most parts of the Southwest all because of one festival or the other they shut down businesses, not minding the economic losses. Even when one Oba dies or is doing any celebration they restrict movement and all sorts to what advantage??

Come Igbo land make one Igwe die, make dem talk say market no go open, Mctheeeew!!!

Shut that mouth of yours fool. Why did you refer to our tradition as "useless tradition"? Who question Igbos exorbitant dowry as far as marriage is concerned? We-Yorubas don't question you-Igbos cos it's your freaking tradition and nobody has any right to question Igbos over that.

If you are not happy with our tradition, pack your things and leave through the same route you came from. Arrant nonsense!

Even in western world, UK precisely, some days are traditionally observed as days off work as a result of their tradition.

Lol! Take a look at yourself, Chest-beating fool, talking about Igbos being in fore front of business and modernisation... Are you serious? Are you for real or fake? Did you just say that? Lmao!!! Let me educate you a little bit, 60% of Nigerian industrialists are Yorubas, 30% Northerners, 4% Igbos while the remaining 6% goes to Niger-deltans. And guess what, 89% of Nigeria industries are situated in South West which inform the number of your kinsmen on our streets.

Modernalisation you said! How come other Nigerians are running away from the same region you claimed to be a modernised region and business haven while your own brothers and sisters are running in thousands if not millions to South West and of course North at every passing seconds

You better beat yourself out of this chest beating rhetorics; We are tired of it. It's not flying these days

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by waledeji(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Femich18:

Hahahahahaha.... A thief spotted

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by MrGerald(m): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Semi traders
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by kendrick9(m): 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
Is this a capital city or a village
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by MrGerald(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
ayodeji200:

Shut that mouth of yours fool. Why did you refer to our tradition as "useless tradition"? Who question Igbos exorbitant dowry as far as marriage is concerned? We-Yorubas don't question you-Igbos cos it's your freaking tradition and nobody has any right to question Igbos over that.

If you are not happy with our tradition, pack your things and leave through the same route you came from. Arrant nonsense!

Even in western world, UK precisely, some days are traditionally observed as days off work as a result of their tradition.

Lol! Take a look at yourself, Chest-beating fool, talking about Igbos being in fore front of business and modernisation... Are you serious? Are you for real or fake? Did you just say that? Lmao!!! Let me educate you a little bit, 60% of Nigerian industrialists are Yorubas, 30% Northerners, 4% Igbos while the remaining 6% goes to Niger-deltans. And guess what, 89% of Nigeria industries are situated in South West which inform the number of your kinsmen on our streets.

Modernalisation you said! How come other Nigerians are running away from the same region you claimed to be a modernised region and business haven while your own brothers and sisters are running in thousands if not millions to South West and of course North at every passing seconds

You better beat yourself out of this chest beating rhetorics; We are tired of it. It's not flying these days
Keep deceiving yourself, they situated in SW does not mean they own it, what about multinational companies? I can tell you many industries in Lagos owned by the Igbos who employ yorubas as MD (senior apprentice) maybe when you see them you think they own it, and again most indigenous industries are situated in the East, continue to remain in your enclave, anu ofia

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by ayodeji200: 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
MrGerald:
Keep deceiving yourself, they situated in SW does not mean they own it, what about multinational companies? I can tell you many industries in Lagos owned by the Igbos who employ yorubas as MD (senior apprentice) maybe when you see them you think they own it, and again most indigenous industries are situated in the East, continue to remain in your enclave, anu ofia

Here comes another flatty talking about what his elders failed to understand.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by stronggman: 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yoruba and fetish practices be like Siamese twins, only God knows how many human head wey go dry involded.

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
Did the Igbos prove stubborn?
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by RooRuudRonSaha(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
stronggman:
Yoruba and fetish practices be like Siamese twins, only God knows how many human head wey go dry involded.
15 Igbos were used.

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by PAPI4LYF(m): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
tibaonnet:
The tradition that is bn practised yearly. Did Buhari just introduced this? May the good Lord give you sense to reason well.
the tradition is a trash 4gt it
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
kendrick9:
Is this a capital city or a village
if dem born you well,show ur capital city let's compare.

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Gegz(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
Feranmicharles:
So, I decided to go to the market place today. To my greatest surprise, I found out that today is a market free day. This festive is being practiced once in a year, and today(13-8-2016) falls to be the day of this year's festive.

The major activity of today is, traders won't open their shops, and if anyone dares to open his/shop, passerby's would go into such shop and take goods/products for free, and the trader would have no say one such day. This act is referred to as "Du du du"(Grab Grab Grab) cheesy grin

Shet. I really miss Akure. Thank you Akure, service year was fun.
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Ugosample(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
itswell1:

The 5 %people dey vex ooo. Please we should start this in Lagos. I will relocate close to alaba market a day to this taking place make i empty all alaibo shops jare free of charge Hehehehehe.

You see yourself?
lol
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by tolababa(m): 7:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Why did shoprite and has station open? The culture to me only capture the poor. Some shops open at alagbaka area of city
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Upaka(f): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
Feranmicharles:
So, I decided to go to the market place today. To my greatest surprise, I found out that today is a market free day. This festive is being practiced once in a year, and today(13-8-2016) falls to be the day of this year's festive.

The major activity of today is, traders won't open their shops, and if anyone dares to open his/shop, passerby's would go into such shop and take goods/products for free, and the trader would have no say one such day. This act is referred to as "Du du du"(Grab Grab Grab) cheesy grin

op you were on the over head bridge only, you should have snapped some part of the inner market around ilemo house
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Holuwadammie(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Akure people said that it's "Odun Ole" but strange to me
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by yomi007k(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
What is d purpose of this' no market day' ?
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Handsomecole:

yet, the southwest still generate highest revenue 4 d country. If you can't leave with that, can't u move down to ur village?. Ppl there are not complaining. So cos they want to do business, they should not practice their tradition again. Abeg tell that to ur fellow ugandans.

1 Like

Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Feranmicharles(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Upaka:

op you were on the over head bridge only, you should have snapped some part of the inner market around ilemo house
was in haste. Just had to snap Tue ones I could cheesy
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Feranmicharles(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Gegz:

Shet. I really miss Akure. Thank you Akure, service year was fun.
oshey!!! tongue
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Feranmicharles(m): 9:36am On Aug 14, 2016
yomi007k:
What is d purpose of this' no market day' ?

Rest nooni cheesy
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by yomi007k(m): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2016
Feranmicharles:
Rest nooni cheesy
But we African s lazy sha...
Re: Akure Traders Observe "Du Du Du" (no Market Day) Today (photos) by Feranmicharles(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
yomi007k:

But we African s lazy sha...
how

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Inflation In Nigeria Rises To 17.38% As Inflation Rate Jumps To 14.23% / NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / Biography Of Tony Onyemaechi Elumelu | The Man Who Made$123 Million In 3 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.