Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King (43499 Views)

Ateke Tom Crowned King Amayanabo Of Okochiri In Okirika, Rivers (Photos) / The Oba Of Benin Was Crowned On His Birthday / “I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King” – Eze Nri. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by NaWetinDey(m): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Egbon, you were hallucinating jor!

If you see ooni of ife, call him egbon and tell him he's a drug addict.

all these bastarrdz begotten by omonile...they have found a home in nairaland - other than their usual under-the-bridge.

bereft of parental love and care, they ooze filth...everywhere they go.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ariani:

What exactly are we supposed to make of this your post?
I don't see where the "we" comes in here, the person I referenced apparently got my drift.
If however you haven't yet gotten my drift, it shows she has a higher IQ than you and you need alot of self development to do. Obviously not on NL, in the classroom.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by AjaanaOka(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
For those who do not understand the symbolic language of rituals (and I spotted quite a number of them on this thread), the Eze Nri was not speaking of a physical clinical death.

The coronation rite of every Eze Nri has a 'death', 'burial' and 'resurrection' phase. He 'dies' as a man. A 'burial' is arranged and his wives go into mourning as though he has actually died. Then he 'resurrects' as a spirit in the culminating rite of his coronation, and becomes the Eze Nri. Hence an Eze Nri is an alusi. A spirit, a deity. This is why he doesn't eat in public where people can see him, because spirits do not eat.

One should also point out that there is nothing peculiar about all these. All across Africa, we find people who revere their kings as 'gods' or 'spirits'. The tradition of kings not eating in public because 'spirits do not eat' is also prevalent over many parts of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by FroshGirl(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
cool
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by NaWetinDey(m): 9:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
ibedun:
RUBBISH - There is no history or record of a monarch in Ibo land!

That is a recorded FACT!!

Primitive beings!!! (Tribe name not mentioned)

Nonsense

What is this inferior being yapping about?
Shut up and sit down because you are an outcast even among your father's children
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by NaWetinDey(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
sapiosexual1:

lol lol lol, the same spirits we see on nollywood who would look left and right before crossing the road.
At least he was even open enough to give us an insight into the coronation process, and we can agree that what he went through is a piece of the cake to what other reverred Trados like Oba of Benin, Ooni of Ife, and other first class Obas, Sultan, Emirs go through.
They no born them well make them even open mouth talk wetin about their "spirit" rites. The mouth cannot utter such words

haha
first class, cow's dung!
are u talking about the ooni of ife who runs around USA displaying like a masquerade begging for money to maintain his fake-asssss cosmetic wife?

funny how cowardice has reduced your people; you are even trying to equate your agbero and tout-like kings with those in hausaland when everyone knows how they lie on the floor before them always.

I can see the Hausa here falling of their seats in derision as u try vainly to match-make their kings with your touts.

tufia!
your root deserves pity.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by manando1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
musicwriter:

Where did you see Gandi?. If you need a spectacle to see clearly better go and use it before commenting.
there's no tribe called Gad here bro

2 Likes

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by IndianBwoy(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Im Indian and I find this culture highly interesting. Much better than the uncultured savages screaming allah jesus i encounter on daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by IndianBwoy(m): 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Im Indian and I find this culture highly interesting. Much better than the uncultured savages called Nigerians screaming allah jesus i encounter on daily basis.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Totti9(m): 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
All he's saying is nothing but the whole truth
Is very sad that many of us don't know about this
Also Agukwu Nri king doesn't see dead bodies
The throne is so secred

1 Like

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by preciousMI1(f): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
justhelp:
abasa, I stop reading when I said they will locked him in room and he will not receive visitor because he is having a meeting with spirit but they used to serve him food. My question: does spirit eat human food cos he said he is now a spirit

I cannot coman waste my mb reading "STORY FOR D gods"
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by guyXander(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by sweettinz20(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2016
NaWetinDey:

haha
first class, cow's dung!
are u talking about the ooni of ife who runs around USA displaying like a masquerade begging for money to maintain his fake-asssss cosmetic wife?

funny how cowardice has reduced your people; you are even trying to equate your agbero and tout-like kings with those in hausaland when everyone knows how they lie on the floor before them always.

I can see the Hausa here falling of their seats in derision as u try vainly to match-make their kings with your touts.

tufia!
your root deserves pity.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by musicwriter(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
manando1:
there's no tribe called Gad here bro

I never told you there's a South African tribe called Gad. I said Gad mentioned in the bible have been identified as the Zulu tribe in South Africa. Honestly, I don't expect you know these things as this's not your everyday religious or history topic, rather, this's lost history.

(1). Deuteronomy 33: 20 said ""And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head".

The keywords for the tribe of Gad are HORN, LION, HEAD GEAR. Using these information and from other chapters of the bible, black scholars in search of the "biblical" 12 tribes of Israel have traced the tribe of Gad (mentioned in the bible) to a people in Southern Africa.

Below are pictures of a people who dressed and continue to dress as described in the bible, above.

Zulu Horn crown
[img]http://arianasiresearch.files./2015/04/57.jpg?w=434&h=272[/img]

Zulu Headgear

Zulu and lion ensembles.
[img]http://evanmilton.files./2013/05/snoop-with-zulu-royal-family-2.jpg[/img]

Of all ethnic gropus in the world, only Zulus or at least Southern Africans wear these types of costume, are obsessed with horn, lion, matching what was described in the bible!. That's how researchers arrived at this conclusion. And, this's exactly how forensic investigation works.

Snoop Dogg probably have done his own research (like most wealthy African Americans) and discovered he's genealogy lies in that region of the world. No surprise he visited South Africa immediately changing his name to Snoop lion.

(2). Genesis 49:19 said "Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last".
The keywords are TROOP, SHALL OVERCOME HIM, BUT GAD SHALL OVERCOME AT LAST.

Gad eventually defeated his enemies (troop are white people).

The below videos will throw more light.

The real tribe of Gad, SOUTH AFRICA, Genesis 49:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99OcXy64liU

EVIDENCES THE REAL TRIBE OF GAD IS BLACK : 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElZ6e_ZMfY

In Depth Focus on the 12 Tribes of Israel Breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaM4vAKQAxY

1 Like

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by ObaKlaz: 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
NaWetinDey:

If you see ooni of ife, call him egbon and tell him he's a drug addict.

all these bastarrdz begotten by omonile...they have found a home in nairaland - other than their usual under-the-bridge.

bereft of parental love and care, they ooze filth...everywhere they go.
If I were to reply you the way I really should, you'd deactivate your account straight up. I'd rather prefer to know you for all the garbage you're worth, then take you to the cleaners for it, than resorting to attacks on your tribe (which is by far the most disgruntled in Nigeria, all that frustration... Can't be easy being from there!); that would be too easy for me. But I'll let it slide because this is your first time mentioning me on any post. Now, run along, get some ointment and rub it on your sensitive a*s.

1 Like

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Ariani: 11:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I don't see where the "we" comes in here, the person I referenced apparently got my drift.
If however you haven't yet gotten my drift, it shows she has a higher IQ than you and you need alot of self development to do. Obviously not on NL, in the classroom.

Well, anything you put up in a public space like NL is for "we", if you don't want we to hold you accountable for them or question your motives for posting them, then I suggest you congregate in your ewedu Sagamu or Ogbomosho slums to discuss your inane discussions, and I assure you, no "we" will question your motives.

Now if you are not a jellyfish, you would have known that common sense is inborn and not acquired in class rooms, but seeing as you are profoundly retarded, I can understand why you thought otherwise.

Now that we have established that you don't have monopoly to use of expletives, can you now explain what you want "us" to make of your tribal Post, I was alluding to.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by manando1(m): 12:37am On Aug 14, 2016
musicwriter:

I never told you there's a South African tribe called Gad. I said Gad mentioned in the bible have been identified as the Zulu tribe in South Africa. Honestly, I don't expect you know these things as this's not your everyday religious or history topic, rather, this's lost history.

(1). Deuteronomy 33: 20 said ""And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head".

The keywords for the tribe of Gad are HORN, LION, HEAD GEAR. Using these information and from other chapters of the bible, black scholars in search of the "biblical" 12 tribes of Israel have traced the tribe of Gad (mentioned in the bible) to a people in Southern Africa.

Below are pictures of a people who dressed and continue to dress as described in the bible, above.

Zulu Horn crown
[img]http://arianasiresearch.files./2015/04/57.jpg?w=434&h=272[/img]

Zulu Headgear

Zulu and lion ensembles.
[img]http://evanmilton.files./2013/05/snoop-with-zulu-royal-family-2.jpg[/img]

Of all ethnic gropus in the world, only Zulus or at least Southern Africans wear these types of costume, are obsessed with horn, lion, matching what was described in the bible!. That's how researchers arrived at this conclusion. And, this's exactly how forensic investigation works.

Snoop Dogg probably have done his own research (like most wealthy African Americans) and discovered he's genealogy lies in that region of the world. No surprise he visited South Africa immediately changing his name to Snoop lion.

(2). Genesis 49:19 said "Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last".
The keywords are TROOP, SHALL OVERCOME HIM, BUT GAD SHALL OVERCOME AT LAST.

Gad eventually defeated his enemies (troop are white people).

The below videos will throw more light.

The real tribe of Gad, SOUTH AFRICA, Genesis 49:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99OcXy64liU

EVIDENCES THE REAL TRIBE OF GAD IS BLACK : 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ElZ6e_ZMfY

In Depth Focus on the 12 Tribes of Israel Breakdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaM4vAKQAxY
bro I was born as a Zulu and I was taught our history in school I've never heard of anything like this you're saying the horns you're talking about are use as the traditionally we are not obsessed about them

1 Like

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Weah96: 1:05am On Aug 14, 2016
This Eze should speak the truth. He ate psychedelic mushrooms and died, instead of confusing people with the wrong connotation of death.

100% of shamans use psychedelic plants to enter their trance. That's the fastest way to alter your consciousness and dream awake.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by kingIkay(m): 1:37am On Aug 14, 2016
Hian!!! Oh!!
Igwe sef. Take it easy o. People are hungry and you're lying this kind of lie.
I think you need JESUS!! grin
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Diamondpicture(m): 3:14am On Aug 14, 2016
spiritfada:

Most respected where? I guess in his Community Alone..... #NoOffencePlz
Bro I don't really know where you are from and I don't know how old you are but in terms of culture and tradition when I comment only like my comment nri is the head of Igbo tradition and that makes him the head of kings traditionally
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Diamondpicture(m): 3:16am On Aug 14, 2016
freecocoa:
Are you campaigning for the president or talking about what's being discussed on this thread?
I am talking about the hatred you guys have for each other that makes u to doubt these report about the king
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by nurusystem(m): 6:43am On Aug 14, 2016
died 4 days,r u sure is real dealth
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by pinkyz: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2016
There is no king as GOD.... All this sacrifices without JESUS is all rubbish...Hell is waiting oohh
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by jackydon(m): 8:00am On Aug 14, 2016
Lacomus:
Ar biet ikor idard !
I hope yu be imortal now grin

Abiet ikor "ikong ekpo"
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Victorblaze14(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2016
If you think he's lying ask oni of ife what he passed through before becoming oni or obi of onitsha tradition must be observed that's why they are king of traditions
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2016
jackydon:

Abiet ikor "ikong ekpo"
loL
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by AjaanaOka(m): 8:54am On Aug 14, 2016
Anyone who has access to JStor can read an article published in 1935 by MDW Jeffreys an American anthroplogist about the coronation-ceremony of Eze Nris. It is titled 'The Divine Umundri King'. https://www.jstor.org/stable/3180419?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

I'll copy and past the relevant portions of that paper here.

"The Umundri coronation-ceremony has the twofold object of transforming a man into a god and of recreating the world. Before he enters on the coronation-ceremony one condition must invariably obtain. Both his parents must be dead. When the members of the royal families are satisfied that he is the chosen of the gods a public meeting is convened where his acceptance is acclaimed. The candidate begins by visiting all the shrines of all the minor gods in the town, making appropriate sacrifices. He then pays certain fees to the Adama or priestly group, who are both the custodians of the regalia and the masters of ceremonies.

[b]The ceremony opens with a ritual death, burial and resurrection. The titled men attend and the Adama group take charge of the proceedings. An Adama priest, holding an ofo stick (a cult object) in his right hand, says, 'You who are about to enter the grave, rise up again with a vivid and shining body. May no sickness or harm befall you. Rise up as previous eze Ndri have done. Rule your people with truth and justice. Go to Aguleri, obtain your odudu and may you return safely to rule your people.' A shallow grave, already dug in the candidate's house, is lined with iroko planks. The candidate, prepared for burial in the ordinary way, and wrapped in a mat, is then lowered into the grave. A plank is placed over him and earth is thrown on it. As the body is lowered into the grave the death-wail is started by his wives, who, stripping themselves of their finery, go into mourning.
He remains buried for some hours. His tree of life is cut down and the usual sacrifices made.
At sunset Adama men, exhuming the body, carry it out of the compound. A banana-stem replaces the body in the grave, which is then filled in. The candidate has now left his ancestral home for ever.[/b] He, placed on cow-hides, is stripped of his cerements and is washed with water from the sacred lake. His body, including the hair of his head, is whitened with clay and water. He thus fulfils the prayer that he should rise with a vivid and shining body. He discards for ever his ordinary clothes and henceforth may wear only white or blue Igala ones. Copper greaves in the form of anklets are put on his legs, but he remains barefooted. He is now regarded as a spirit or god, his person is sacred, and only Adama may touch him and his belongings."

The only difference between this paper, written 81 years ago, and what the current Eze Nri said was the time the 'dead' candidate spent in the grave.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by scholes0(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2016
The Eze should have said it was all symbolic rites, before people like us start to misquote him.
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bros take it easy now, I was only joking na!
NaWetinDey:

I believe you are still living in your father's house.

Now, leave your phone, go to the sitting room where he's possibly watching under 23 now, remove your shorts, push him down and defecate on his head.

If he protests, simply respond: "daddy I shiit for ur head because you can lie o."

Now, return to your room, pick up your phone, ...and quote me back if you like.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by IndianBwoy(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
manando1:
bro I was born as a Zulu and I was taught our history in school I've never heard of anything like this you're saying the horns you're talking about are use as the traditionally we are not obsessed about them

Dont mind that wannabe jew. The idio.t
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by olimaintain(m): 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lilimax:
Obidiegwu Onyesoh is the current King of my town NRI in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra state. Nri amaka! Nri bu isi Igbo!! Nri ji ofor Igbo!!! All what he said the same I was told by my grand parents as what would be done before installing Eze NRI Kingdom smiley By the way, Eze NRI is not a monarchy smiley
my grand my told me about that too
Re: Eze Obidiegwu Onyensoh: I Died, Was Buried For Days Before I Was Crowned King by Donarozzi: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2016
spiritfada:

I kinda thought he was the 16th king according to his previous bio....at least now he has extended it to 26th king....I hail thee o

AjaanaOka explained that the total number of Eze Nri that reigned in the past is more than what had been published.

https://www.nairaland.com/3244454/kingdom-nri-really-older-than/1#47871964

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmad Muhammad Asha Is Dead! Emir Of Kaura Namoda Dies At 71 / When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / Strange Masquerades Spotted In Port Harcourt By A Nairalander: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.