Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. (1747 Views)

9 Warning Signs Your Car's Oil & Lubricant Might Be Leaking / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by cjfbn: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
I woke up to find my engine oil drained, I topped the oil and went to d Mechanic, he discovered where the oil was leaking from(some where under), but here lies my dilemma, he said that the engine will have to be brought down.
I am scared that he will scatter d car for me though he came highly recommended.
To change the main bearing oil seal, does it require bringing down d engine?
Please help a brother. The car is a Toyota Highlander.
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by honmusa(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
cjfbn:
I woke up to find my engine oil drained, I topped the oil and went to d Mechanic, he discovered where the oil was leaking from(some where under), but here lies my dilemma, he said that the engine will have to be brought down.
I am scared that he will scatter d car for me though he came highly recommended.
You can drive home your point for better clarity if you can take the picture of the leak and upload it
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by cjfbn: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
Pictures attached

Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by honmusa(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
can u mark where the leak is on the pix
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by chiokeVGC(m): 6:13am On Aug 14, 2016
the main bearing seal beneath the car... between motor and transmission. some car seal can be access and change with only removal of oil pan... i dont kno about highlander tho

is the leak in front of motor or in back?
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by Lexusgs430: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2016
cjfbn:
Pictures attached

The picture attached does not show any oil leak?
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by kingreign(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2016
cjfbn:
1Mz and 3MZ can easily have leaky Valve cover due to worn out seals, over filling of oil, blocked PCV lines. You do not need to drop engines if these afore mentioned issues are your challenges.
If you have a crank shaft oil seal leak, your mechanic is right.
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by mejai(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
@ kingreign:
If you have a crank shaft oil seal leak, your mechanic is right.
I once complained about my corolla burning oil in toyota thread. it could still be burning o, but I personally took tym to look under d car. Lo and behold! I saw where it was leaking. painfully it wasn't dropping on d ground rather it was soaking on d body mixed with accumulated dust. my mech, confirmed it to be d crankshaft oil seal. will go for maintenance dis week.
also, i have stopped 20w50 ( ur palm oil). now using mobil 1 5w30. and d engine sounds swt
Re: Engine Leaking Oil Seriously. by erico2k2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
cjfbn:
Yes he needs to remove the Engine.Its meant to be behind ur clutch and he needs proper access to loosen them bolts to pry it out.

(1) (Reply)

This List Shows The Most Reliable & Least Reliable Car Brands - Consumer Reports / Are You In Abuja? Do You Need A Good Car Technician? Come In Here Now!!! / Private Plate Number & Commercial Plate Number, Your Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.