Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Craftwork: Making A Sweet Throw-pillow Cover - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Craftwork: Making A Sweet Throw-pillow Cover (1232 Views)

Making A Good Hairstyle / 3D Wears |||| Gown, Polo, Throw Pillow / Customised Throw Pillow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Craftwork: Making A Sweet Throw-pillow Cover by djlaqua91(m): 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yipee... it's my first craft post... Enjoy this.
Inspiration can come from anywhwere, anytime and any place. I made this DIY throw pillow case without much planning because I got inspired by some craft items around me.
Just after lunch, I looked at my sewing machine which I keep paying for its servicing and maintainance then I laughed at myself for not using it..lol. The next minute I stumbled on my craft box and found this pink satin fabric and a pack of purple sequins with red petals then came the inspiration.
Trust me, I have alwys believed in my capabilities once I make up my mind. Never under estimate your will power.
Now let me take you through this simple and brief process.
What you need
1 yard of fabric
sequins
decorative petals
scissor
measurement tape
Sewing machine
Hand needle
Thread
How to make
Measure your fabric to the size of your pillow. You can use the pillow to draw measurement lines if you don't want to measure like so.
Cut out the fabric you need
Sew two sides of the fabric and remember not to sew from the fine side which will be the outer part with the petals. The pillow will not be placed while sewing.
Leave the opening where the pillow will pass through.(I made the final edges of the fabric to flip over the other since I didn't want to use zip)
After sewing, turn out the fabric to the outer fine part for next step which is petal and sequins placement.
Place the petals on the fabric and lay about 3-4 sequins on them but preferably in the middle and sew with hand needle. I enjoyed this because it encourages 100% focus, except you want to prick yourself with the needle..lol.
An unplanned craft work with beautiful finishing.
Happy weekend to you all.

More here;

http://www.flawlessoptions.com/2016/08/craft-time-diy-sweet-throw-pillow-cover.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

Do You Own A Fashion Store / Amazing Hair Care Tips For Summer To Get Rid Of Dull, Damaged And Frizzy Hair / Beautiful Poem On Appreciating Your Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.