Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time (18829 Views)

Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User / Police Rent Out Station To Church For Service In Lagos (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 14, 2016
The couple were from different church denominations,after marriage she had to change her church even if it was a difficult thing because she was from a church where the doctrine was the opposite to that of her husband's church. Her husband's church was the new generation what's up church where they don't cover their hair and wear trouser to church compared to her former church.It took time to adjust to the "ride on sir" type of preaching.

Six years into the marriage, he suddenly started attending a miracle center church a neighbor told him about and insists that she must start attending with him. The church is a spiritual church and she says it creeps her out, he brings handkerchiefs, water, sand and even salt to put around the house, will she be committing a sin if she choose not to follow him to the new church?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 14, 2016
interesting
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2016
Nawa. I can't imagine some big men still enslaved by religion in this 21st century.

The head of d home is confused here. Even d wife seem to get it straight with her faith which is usually not the case. Its d reverse that's common.

I'll advice she has to be convinced by herself of d doctrine. So her hubby shouldnt force her. He shd let her be. So far they're living peacefully 2gether

And he shd beware of the so-called prophetic or spiritual churches. Once they use handkerchieves and sand etc to get his wife, he would regret asking her to come. Those prophets get women's attention faster with fake prophecy of mother-in-law and children bcus they knw that's usually women's problems

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by donbenedict(m): 7:16am On Aug 14, 2016
grin

Because of this, I will marry a Catholic woman!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by nobosaba(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Nawa. Head of home confused. She has to be convinced by herself of d doctrine. So her hubby shdnt force her. He shd let her be so far they're. living peacefully 2gether

How would they stay peacefully when she refuse to obey her hubby, the head of the house..

In marriages it's no more for better for worse, it's just for the better, the worse they run away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Ginaz(f): 7:36am On Aug 14, 2016
I don't believe in religion as absurd as it sounds. I dont get the concept that we need to belong to a certain religion to be closer to God.

The Bible was written for our understanding, everything we need to know about God and all there is, they are all in the Bible. Since reading the Bible, I haven't seen where it was written you must belong to so and so church in order to serve God.

All I believe is that, there is a God in heaven, he has a son called jesus who resurrected and who must come to earth a second time. He will lead the world to peace.

I believe all I need in serving God is a pure heart, obedience to all his laws and that's all. I don't go to church just sometimes I feel like.

O.p you have to tell your husband about your believes and don't do anything that will condemn your conscience spiritually. If you don't like the church he's attending then don't go. I hate spiritual churches more than the devil cos all they do is tell you crap and lead you away from the teaches of God.

No person is worth losing our relationship with Jehovah. Be strong and be firm.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by nobosaba(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
The couple were from different church denominations,after marriage she had to change her church even if it was a difficult thing because she was from a church where the doctrine was the opposite to that of her husband's church. Her husband's church was the new generation what's up church where they don't cover their hair and wear trouser to church compared to her former church.It took time to adjust to the "ride on sir" type of preaching.Six years into the marriage, he suddenly started attending a miracle center church a neighbor told him about and insists that she must start attending with him. The church is a spiritual church and she says it creeps her out, he brings handkerchiefs, water, sand and even salt to put around the house, will she be committing a sin if she choose not to follow him to the new church?

cc; lalasticlala fp please

The one thing that make marriages stand and stay in love is to respect and honor each other, spiritual church or no spiritual church, miracle church or not all na one God dem dey serve, just we humans is the one creating doctrines.

She should see reasons with her hubby. Talk over it, cos he is the head of the home, this disrespect could lead to the unthinkable. The Bible said respect and honor your parents, so after you no longer in your parents house, your husband becomes one of those that which you have to Accord the honor to also and respect.

4 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Change her.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2016
nobosaba:

The one thing that make marriages stand and stay in love is to respect and honor each other, spiritual church or no spiritual church, miracle church or not all na one God dem dey serve, just we humans is the one creating doctrines.

She should see reasons with her hubby. Talk over it, cos he is the head of the home, this disrespect could lead to the unthinkable. The Bible said respect and honor your parents, so after you no longer in your parents house, your husband becomes one of those that which you have to Accord the honor to also and respect.
it is "honour your parents in the Lord",she insist instead of going to the spiritual church she would rather go back to her old church, it's just not right that anywhere the man goes even if my conscience doesn't agree I have to because he is the man, they are more like celestial with their ways the only difference is they don't wear white garments and allow trouser for women, so if he should decide to Join ogboni or molumba, she should follow because she wants to honour him?which is obviously not in the Lord?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by veekid(m): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2016
Ok
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by NigerianScholar: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged

Am I the only one confused by this?
The question is not clear at all....its like all those whatsapp bc's that were made to confuse someone

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by lilmax(m): 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
okay
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
WHY MUST YOU KEEP CHANGING CHURCH ANY HOW. HUH ??
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by NigerianScholar: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
veekid:
Ok
spacebooker
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 14, 2016
I have never seen a more confused religion like xtainity. diff churches trace their confused doctrines to d same book

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Respect doesn't mean bowing to every wind of doctrine. If the hubby is fickle she owes him the responsibility to be strong. Let her stay where she is or go back to her former church

She can calm him by visiting hus spiritual house once in a while but should complement that by engaging in very spiritual excursions herself with his knowledge. He can't fault her that way

5 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Touchnot01: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2016
lol
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2016
so this is how fp feels like?, made fp for the first time,good Sunday!

2 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by SPDAZZY(f): 10:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Do they have issues or challenges that is making the husband run around to the extent of going to a miracle centre prescribed by a neighbor?

Worshipping Jehovah God is more than attending a particular church. For me, I will say if her spirit disagrees with this Miracle Centre, she should not go. Rather with prayer and respectful dialogue, she should reason things out with her husband. If one falls, one would lift the other, she needs to be more prayerful and communicative now.

Total obedience and honour to one's husband has a clause; she is not expected to agree if the husband wants to lead them the wrong way.

We are not supposed to love a man more than our creator, God. Obedience to God is greater.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Pavore9: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2016
The journey continues.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Boss13: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2016
I just finished watching a documentary on Netflix about a Waren Bent, a delusional man who claimed he was the messiah and succeeded in deluding over 50 people in the name of Christianity. He slept with his son's wife and 6 other members' wives and not just once. This was a deliberate and consistent consummation and the women were okay with it. Clear manipulation.

The good news is that the serial manipulator is in prison. Thank God for america justice system. In Nigeria, we have many of them roaming the streets and manipulating gullible people. The other time, a man decided to be an authority on marital issues and started giving conditions on whom people should marry.

People should leave churches and seek God for themselves and worship it privately.

8 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Wealthy15(f): 10:56am On Aug 14, 2016
2dugged:
The couple were from different church denominations,after marriage she had to change her church even if it was a difficult thing because she was from a church where the doctrine was the opposite to that of her husband's church. Her husband's church was the new generation what's up church where they don't cover their hair and wear trouser to church compared to her former church.It took time to adjust to the "ride on sir" type of preaching.

Six years into the marriage, he suddenly started attending a miracle center church a neighbor told him about and insists that she must start attending with him. The church is a spiritual church and she says it creeps her out, he brings handkerchiefs, water, sand and even salt to put around the house, will she be committing a sin if she choose not to follow him to the new church?
I laugh in pidgin,she should serve God where she know is the right place God is,if her husband ask her to follow him to serve juju will she?the Bible says anything that will lead you hell cut it off,and that does not exclude husband because the husband is not closer than the eye or hand,well she is at fault already by marrying a man whose faith and believe is diff from hers,now she has to follow him even to hell if that is wherehe is going,wherever she knows that she can serve God well is were she should be not where it's happening.

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by publicenemy(m): 10:59am On Aug 14, 2016
She talk it out with him.
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Jonwesley(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2016
The contents of the post show that she agreed to follow him to his church after the marriage. So what does the topic mean"she refuse to follow him the second time" as if she refused the first time. Please me I don't get this. English these days, I wonder o!
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by donsteady(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2016
Some people are taking religion too personal....

1 Like

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:
2dugged

Am I the only one confused by this?
The question is not clear at all....its like all those whatsapp bc's that were made to confuse someone
read the last statement slowly, you will get my question
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by obinoral1179(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2016
Have same issue with my girlfriend, though we both attend pentecostal church but she insist she can't leave church because that is where GOD want her to be and she can't disobey GOD. With this assertion we put an hold to the relationship because I too cannot leave my church to join her...

This issue should have be sorted out while they where courting... Its very important because of the future of their children...
Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by daniella04: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2016
nobosaba:

How would they stay peacefully when she refuse to obey her hubby, the head of the house..

In marriages it's no more for better for worse, it's just for the better, the worse they run away
. Try to be reasonable for once, the lady has respected him by changing her church the first time, now he wants her to follow him to somewhere that looks suspicious, is it until she follows him to satanic church and loose her soul before you term her obedient.
That is why I can't date a non catholic not to talk of marrying one embarassed

6 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by TheArchangel(f): 11:14am On Aug 14, 2016
nobosaba:

Kai, you will even advice your sister to commit murder at her husbands behest because it will save her marriage. Your post is nauseating to say the least. Ain't she her husband's mother that deserve respect too since both has left their parents? What warped Bible are you people interpreting, moreover the Bible never mentioned that the woman should leave her parents rather it is the other way round.

7 Likes

Re: She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time by ITyUNIT: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2016
Makes me wonder what they were doing during courtship

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Rude Things People Do In Church / . / Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.