Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,429 members, 7,800,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Any Writer Of Children's Books? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Any Writer Of Children's Books? (2314 Views)

Top 20 Nairaland Best Writer Of All Time / Adult And Children Books For Wholesale And Retail In Asaba / Worst And Most Accurate Writer Of All Time On Nl Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Onegai(f): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Hello everyone.

Please I'm looking for a writer of Children's books. Most of the locally published ones are so badly written and so boring and full of moral prosing. So I'm looking for something different and entertaining. An example of what I'm looking for is like Mairi Hedderwick, author of "Katie Morag" series or the Topsy and Tim series. Quality Indigenous writing that isn't dumbed down. Is this possible? Thanks.
Ps: if you can write for a heroine from a Minority tribe in Nigeria, even better.

1 Like

Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Skillfullulu(m): 8:44am On Aug 14, 2016
Yes, there is... Where do u live and how would u want to meet.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Ekemjoewrites: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2016
Yes, I know one.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by KachiUgo(m): 9:18am On Aug 14, 2016
Hey! So I'm primarily a children's book author. I have a Middle Grade Fantasy Adventure coming this fall. I also have another children's book written, but I'm uncertain of its date of publication. If you want, I can send you a sneak peak so you can see and access it. Interestingly, one of the major characters in the book is a girl from a minority tribe. You can email me at: kachiugo3@gmail.com. You can also check out my website at www.kachiugo.com. Cheers!

KU

1 Like

Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by tolugar: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2016
What exactly do you want to do with it.

I know a child that writes stories. Nice one belive me though unpublished but it's good.

So do you have anything to offer??
Onegai:
Hello everyone.
Please I'm looking for a writer of Children's books. Most of the locally published ones are so badly written and so boring and full of moral prosing. So I'm looking for something different and entertaining. An example of what I'm looking for is like Mairi Hedderwick, author of "Katie Morag" series or the Topsy and Tim series. Quality Indigenous writing that isn't dumbed down. Is this possible? Thanks.
Ps: if you can write for a heroine from a Minority tribe in Nigeria, even better.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by An0nimus: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
There are many writers in this section who can do something like this.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Onegai(f): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm primarily looking for someone who can write for ages 3-7 or slightly older. Please take a look at the writers/shows I mentioned: Katie Morag, Sarah and Duck, Nelly and Norah, Topsy and Tim. It's a slice of life type of story. There is an idea already developed and we would like to get as much research as possible to make it nostalgic and sweet. Please take a look at the shows and books I mentioned above, it's important. They are not just looking for any writer. Thanks.
(The reason I'm stressing looking at the shows is that we have tried looking for other writers before but got bland or boring stuff or moralising. I suggested that we look for someone with a sense of humour who has a child so would understand how exciting the world was to a child).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by KachiUgo(m): 9:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Onegai:
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm primarily looking for someone who can write for ages 3-7 or slightly older. Please take a look at the writers/shows I mentioned: Katie Morag, Sarah and Duck, Nelly and Norah, Topsy and Tim. It's a slice of life type of story. There is an idea already developed and we would like to get as much research as possible to make it nostalgic and sweet. Please take a look at the shows and books I mentioned above, it's important. They are not just looking for any writer. Thanks.
(The reason I'm stressing looking at the shows is that we have tried looking for other writers before but got bland or boring stuff or moralising. I suggested that we look for someone with a sense of humour who has a child so would understand how exciting the world was to a child).

Hi again. So, I had the time to take a look at the titles you mentioned, and it became clearer what you wanted. However, I should warn you that TV shows and books are two entirely different media. And the rules of execution are totally different. Also, it seems what you really want to do is a picture book. In that case, you'd need a book illustrator not an author. Except what you want is a book with illustrations, then you'd primarily need an author, then have an illustrator do some illustrations.

But then again, you already have an idea developed. If the idea is already developed, why do you need to research? Also, 'child' is relative. The era in which I was a child would be different from the era in which my parents were children. But I should warn you again: it's never a good idea to write a children's book, thinking back to when you were a child. You won't connect very well with your audience which are kids, because they live in a different era--one with iPads and Keeping up with the Kadashians cheesy.

Again, I'd suggest you take a look at the Chapter One of a children's book I wrote (Wrath of Elijah -- #1, The Blood Moons Series) and had illustrated. It's humorous, with wild adventures that have earth shattering consequences. I hope your idea is also thrilling; I don't do boring.

I'd love to discuss these points and more with you, but not on an open forum. We could correspond via email if you like: kachiugo3@gmail.com

Cheers!

KU

2 Likes

Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Onegai(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
KachiUgo:

Hi again. So, I had the time to take a look at the titles you mentioned, and it became clearer what you wanted. However, I should warn you that TV shows and books are two entirely different media. And the rules of execution are totally different. Also, it seems what you really want to do is a picture book. In that case, you'd need a book illustrator not an author. Except what you want is a book with illustrations, then you'd primarily need an author, then have an illustrator do some illustrations.

But then again, you already have an idea developed. If the idea is already developed, why do you need to research? Also, 'child' is relative. The era in which I was a child would be different from the era in which my parents were children. But I should warn you again: it's never a good idea to write a children's book, thinking back to when you were a child. You won't connect very well with your audience which are kids, because they live in a different era--one with iPads and Keeping up with the Kadashians cheesy.

Again, I'd suggest you take a look at the Chapter One of a children's book I wrote (Wrath of Elijah -- #1, The Blood Moons Series) and had illustrated. It's humorous, with wild adventures that have earth shattering consequences. I hope your idea is also thrilling; I don't do boring.

I'd love to discuss these points and more with you, but not on an open forum. We could correspond via email if you like: kachiugo3@gmail.com

Cheers!

KU

Thanks for your detailed info. "Katie Morag", "Topsy and Tim" are based on children's books written much earlier in the century, which were later converted to shows currently (and are very relevant as I am now watching them with children). Enid Blyton may not have aged So well, which is why I did not mention her as a reference. So we do need an author. Those book series have a certain feel to it, whìch we are looking for. The research is to give an authentic flavour to it (we are interviewing certain people). We are not looking for modern writers, we are looking for people who understand and can empathise with a 5 year old. Also, I earlier mentioned that the age bracket is 3-7 years, so not for the Kim Kardashian demographic or strongly written books. I hope I'm clear to everyone.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Abee79(m): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2016
Barr. Mrs. Chioma Momah writes children books
https://www.facebook.com/chioma.momah?fref=ts
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2017
Onegai:
Hello everyone.

Still looking for a writer?
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Onegai(f): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2017
connectpoint:

Still looking for a writer?

Hello, not right now, but what do you have in mind? Did you look up the shows and books I mentioned? Thanks.
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2017
Onegai:

Hello, not right now, but what do you have in mind? Did you look up the shows and books I mentioned? Thanks.

I handle all kinds of writings/editting and publishing...Not a problem to write in any manner
Re: Any Writer Of Children's Books? by VERTEX1: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
Onegai:

I didn't got your message earlier, Do you Still need the book..I have already embark on one .

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Was The WUHAN VIRUS Predicted In This Book Or Was It A Coincidence? / Bimbo Badoo! / Plz I Need D Link Of Black Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.