Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? (924 Views)

Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / Dalung Poses With KatsuyaTakasu After Helping U23 Team / Nigeria U23 Vs Germany U23 Drop your Predictions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? by micfoley: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Good day everyone.
Congratulations to all Nigerians and Dream Team VIvin particular for the hard fought victory over the Danish team. We are all aware of the numerous challenges this team has faced. From flight delays, hotel issues, unpaid bonuses and allowances to Siasia purportedly resigning, it has been a roller coaster ride.
Their last game against Colombia was not impressive hence their was some apprehension as the game against Denmark approached.
We now face a tough German side in what promises to be an explosive Semi final match. The Germans themselves despatched a talented Portuguese side, scoring four goals.
How do you think Siasia and the Boys should approach this crucial encounter?
Re: How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? by usmanktg2(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2016
I believe it will be a tough match because DT VI always find it hard if opponents play SMART & TACTICAL game. We have chance if they play more physical.

On a tactical note, I believe siasia is best at 4-2-3-1.
The best formation to play against such a team is madrids 4-2-4. But the team don't have that flexibility.
Re: How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? by arijay(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
Well, let's just keep our fingers crossed. We will not loose hope and we will not be too hopefull. Whatsoever becomes the result, we will accept. Shikena
Re: How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? by micfoley: 1:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
I've watched all the remaining teams in this competition and l believe we can beat any team on our day. The team has to work on some major lapses.
The first thing is concentration especially in defence. We don't set the offside trap correctly or do it when there is no pressure on the ball. This leads to the defence being beaten by one long ball.
The next thing is discipline when tackling. Usman Mohammed would have seen red against Denmark for persistent and needless tackling. Mikel and Azubuike also collected cheap yellow cards in that game. The players need to be more focused and disciplined.
We also need to be more decisive in and around the penalty box especially during counter attack s
Re: How Can Dream Team VI Beat The German U23 Team? by successinlife: 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
The best way to defeat the Germans is collective team effort,team play,players should release the ball to a well placed teammate to score,going for individual accolades or glory will not do us well,few players play to the gallery and aswell selfish holding to the ball too much or trying to score alone,i will not mention names in other not to divide the team,kudos to Sodiq Umar,John obi mikel,the goal keeper and d rest.The team should play for each other,defend together and attack together.

If strategy is what we really want to employ,we should frustrate the Germans by playing up field than exposing our defense to their attacking prowress.I think a 253 which should be rotated on 433 formation is my best bet.The two wingers should support the midfield if we are not with ball and free themselves once we win the ball.We should try to keep the Germans upfront away from our non reliable defense.Germnay is an attacking team and they will do all they can to qualify ahead of us but if we put our house in order,we should win this game,we have the boys.

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Lookalike, Reza Parastesh, Causes Panic In Streets Of Iran / Movingbet Refuse To Pay Me My Winning / Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.