Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN (32901 Views)

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) / 7 Latest Fashions That Christian Ladies Should Stay Away From / Christians, Stay Away From The Planned Protests & Pray For Nigeria - Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by gerald09(m): 10:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity Religion can never bring unity
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by rusher14: 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Shameless Nigerians.

You claim the northern Muslims alienate and oppress their Christian brothers. Yet, at the same time the northern Christians enthroned a Buhari who you claim is an Islamist (whatever that really means).

You claim the election of 2015 was about Islam and Christianity yet you are happy the northern Christians are unhappy with how the Christian body has been politicised. In fact, the northern Christians have asked for a divorce, yet you cheer.

I feel the wickedness in your heart harkens more to politics, filthy lucre and the ideology of one being your kinsman.

You refuse even in the face of evidence, that the CAN was a political arm of a party and the conduit for moving of funds to distant lands.

You see the division within the church and you celebrate it.

Shame on you lot.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by EROMS38(m): 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
No the Catholics Left CAN

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by tete7000(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
ifenes:

You read other books like...... And you still see the bible as a moral guardian? I have read the bible and it has nothing to do with your religion.

Christianity is my religion and you don't think the bible has anything to do with that religion? It is either you are not telling the truth or you read a different type of book and think it is bible.

Anytime I read the thoughts of atheists, agnostics, etc all I see is incoherence and delusions.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by fairheven: 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
this is the time when Christians really to unite and fight there common enemies.
the Southern Christians should endeavor to carry them along, let them rotate the presidency for the sake of peace

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ifenes(m): 10:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
tete7000:

Christianity is my religion and you don't think the bible has anything to do with that religion? It is either you are not telling the truth or you read a different type of book and think it is bible.

Anytime I read the thoughts of atheists, agnostics, etc all I see is incoherence and delusions.

Are you saying the bible set rules for christianity? It clearly doesn't. Your rules are not according to the book,not even close. Besides the book is made up of several ancient books.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by brostheo(m): 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
Christianity and break up and formation like 5&6.This people preaches bout unity but you don't see that in their everyday life. no love among preachers and followers alike.These is why Muslims why the Muslims will forever be dominating us,and we Christians will just sit and be complaining of oppression.. so

pathetic
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by mystmoze(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
emamos:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/northern-christians-break-away-from-can-form-nnca/158912.html
if it is not for corrupt reasons must u have a president from the north? were dis kind law commot from enta bible...end time can...end time nnca
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by tete7000(m): 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
ifenes:

Are you saying the bible set rules for christianity? It clearly doesn't. Your rules are not according to the book,not even close. Besides the book is made up of several ancient books.

You see why I said you never really read the bible? How can a book that contain decalogue not set rules? What are rules if not the commandments? Jesus further summarised the commandments into two and explain how it is all about love of God and love of man, yet you claim bible doesn't set any rules. Maybe you need to sit down, open your mind and objectively look into the bible again.

As regarding the book containing ancient books? No big deal, the book talks about an 'ancient of day' - The GOD, the one who existed before anyone else. So anybook that details his story must equally be ancient. Don't you agree?

4 Likes

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sparrow13:
Every group in Nigeria seems to be breaking into 2, from NDA, PDP, Boko Haram and now CAN.

Next APC
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ifenes(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
tete7000:

You see why I said you never really read the bible? How can a book that contain decalogue not set rules? What are rules if not the commandments? Jesus further summarised the commandments into two and explain how it is all above love of God and love of man, yet you claim bible doesn't set any rules. Maybe you need to sit down, open your mind and objectively look into the bible again.

As regarding the book containing ancient books? No big deal, the book talks about an 'ancient of day' - The GOD, the one who existed before anyone else. So anybook that details his story must equally be ancient. Don't you agree?

I wanted you to come out of your shell first before I went further. You can say you have an indoctrinated mind,nothing more. Your second paragraph shows you are a student of your pastor. You vomit what you learned from Sunday school.

I have read the bible and a lot more books than you can imagine. I have a library of better books.

When I said rules,I meant the ones which included stoning wayward kids to death, or Deuteronomy. 22:13-21 which says when you marry a woman and she isn't a virgin,you must stone her to death. Also the part that encourages killing those with a different faith or serve a different god,also the part that thinks its okay to rape under aged girls etc

If you don't do the above,you are not obeying your god. Well you may claim you are now in the time of grace but who said that? Show me a verse where your god,Yahweh proposed grace.

I said the bible has nothing to do with Christianity but the worship of the Sun and practice of Astrology.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by tjfulloption(m): 11:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
Why is everything under this administration breaking into two: NDA=RNDA, PDP=Sherrif PDP, Boko Haram= Shekau&Murbawari faction, and now the CAN=NNCA , even the IPOD Yoots i heared will soon brake into two

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by tete7000(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
ifenes:

I wanted you to come out of your shell first before I went further. You can say you have an indoctrinated mind,nothing more. Your second paragraph shows you are a student of your pastor. You vomit what you learned from Sunday school.

I have read the bible and a lot more books than you can imagine. I have a library of better books.

When I said rules,I meant the ones which included stoning wayward kids to death, or Deuteronomy. 22:13-21 which says when you marry a woman and she isn't a virgin,you must stone her to death. Also the part that encourages killing those with a different faith or serve a different god,also the part that thinks its okay to rape under aged girls etc

If you don't do the above,you are not obeying your god. Well you may claim you are now in the time of grace but who said that? Show me a verse where your god,Yahweh proposed grace.

I said the bible has nothing to do with Christianity but the worship of the Sun and practice of Astrology.

Like I have already said when people like you argue against christianity all I see is anger, bitterness and delusion. You write up above highlights those traits sadly. If you want to understand the bible, go on your knees, pray that God light up your mind with his light of faith. Only then can some of those acts that seem confused to you within the whole context of man, God and salvation begins to make sense to you.

And did I hear you say I am brainwashed or indoctrinated? If I am, then I wonder what happens to you. The book you derived these atheistic thoughts from, na you write them? The thoughts inside then are they originally yours? From your mother's womb, did you come with those thoughts? So what make you feel not indoctrinated in your atheistic thoughts if I may ask. Those are the kind of incoherence that laddens the thought of people like you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by oweman: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Can in a can of worms ! Corruption has eaten up or t he lCan Nigerians okow Can good yOritsejafor / Jonathan connections
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by slap1(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Soon, the north will discover oyel and breakaway.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by folahann(m): 11:22pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sparrow13:
Every group in Nigeria seems to be breaking into 2, from NDA, PDP, Boko Haram and now CAN.

You forgot to add militants
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by oweman: 11:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
You forgot to add militants[

How about biafrogs they too should break into 2 !!!!
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ifenes(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
tete7000:

Like I have already said when people like you argue against christianity all I see is anger, bitterness and delusion. You write up above highlights those traits sadly. If you want to understand the bible, go on your knees, pray that God light up your mind with his light of faith. Only then can some of those acts that seem confused to you within the whole context of man, God and salvation begins to make sense to you.

When last did going dowm on your kneels helped you pay you bills? Your explanation is childish,I could see you trying to dance around my questions. Besides I am not bitter about the Bible,I know what it is all about. It has nothing to do with Christianity. But more to do with how the ancient used allegories to narrate Astrology. It's right there in your face but you don't know it.

And did I hear you say I am brainwashed or indoctrinated? If I am, then I wonder what happens to you.

Yes you are because you would probably be a Muslim and defend Allah if you were born in Zamfara to a Muslim family. You are what you are due to the environment that raised you.

I like you was indoctrinated as a kid,but lucky enough to escape the matrix of organized religion.

The book you derived these atheistic thoughts from, na you write them? The thoughts inside then are they originally yours?

I became a non believer in god by reading the bible. I could tell god was a lie. The book of Genesis clearly showed there was no god. When you read similar stories from the vedas,which was a much older book,you could tell they were many visitors from the stars who(as claimed by the books) were humanoid like us and were here for other purposes. The Bible god(s) was no different

From your mother's womb, did you come with those thoughts? So what make you feel not indoctrinated in your atheistic thoughts if I may ask. Those are the kind of incoherence that laddens the thought of people like you.

Curiosity and the thirst for knowledge which is encoded in my DNA became activated. I decided to find things out myself rather than beleive the many lies. What is the point believing in negative reasoning like..... I must fear a god,and if I don't I will burn in hell? I have a mind and can reason. I am not a robot. It seems you are at the moment.

I asked you a question. Would you obey the "fictional bible god" and stone wayward kids to death or kill a woman who didn't marry as a virgin?

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by jamislaw(m): 11:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
ndcide:

Look Bro, those of us who know, know that pastor Ayo remains the best CAN President of resent times.

Pastor Ayo was not playing games with the issues of boko haram with those who politicized it to fight GEJ. Recall he address the sultan directly on the why they are not speaking against boko haram.
what of the arm deal? did he brought in for book haram or for gej. pls think before you write.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by NairaMaster1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
who northern Christians epp.

Fear fear people!! Northern christian be like
The dog below me when they hear fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Aroh48(m): 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ifeola1:
hmmmmm I reserve my comment but dis is terrible they are fight because of money and power

Modify your statement, because your grammer is bad.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ahamonyeka(m): 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
Well I can see united states of Nigeria at verge of breaking.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by isunjaba: 12:08am On Aug 15, 2016
That's is not the best of fruits for this country.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by PunditAfrica(m): 12:24am On Aug 15, 2016
Sadly more worse will happen to christianity. Only a foresighted person can see d hand-writing. A religion that has so succumb to intellectualism and greed cannot help itself for long
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by BetaThings: 1:53am On Aug 15, 2016
Southern Christians and Bitterness/selfishness
You don't trust Northern Christians, but you want them to trust you

If a pastor from the South spoke, you would have seen all of them chorusing
"Touch not my anointed"

Only pastors from the south are anointed!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by ArcIbrahim38(m): 1:55am On Aug 15, 2016
I haven't seen a tangible reason for the break u
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by chrisblack: 2:45am On Aug 15, 2016
mastermaestro:
Gullible southerners will run along with this poo, not thinking critically as usual. For once I will have to say this. Why do the northerners believe that they are the most pious trustworthy people fit for leadership in this country? Are they born to rule this country all round? For the pliable folks down south, Northerners are as depraved if not more than their southern partners.

Well it's good for them. They can now bear their own cross in their bloodletting region. I hope Nigeria is not gradually coming to an end. undecided
This I totally disagree with you.When it come to commitment. I would give it to the northern Christians.if you have lived amongst them .then you will know that they practice Christianity as if the day they have would be their last. Let us be truthful and without sentiment. Having followed all the issues, you won't blame them for the step they have taken. Over the years we saw the pulling out of the Catholic church,I was expecting ecwa and co to have done the same.We saw the mixing of the church and politics with various scandals such as the jets of its former president being used to carry money to south Africa. Leading to the election their were various issues and irregularities. Ask your self what does it take to postpone the election by some days as ask by other members.What would it have taken for the other group to have rotated the position back to the north to show a sign of belonging ,after all .The position does not guarantee heaven.The knew the election was not supported by the various groups that made up CAN http://saharareporters.com/2016/03/31/crisis-hits-can-over-oritsejafors-plan-rig-election-preferred-candidate.by googling you can get more facts.thank you

2 Likes

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by merjovis(f): 2:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Suprnov3r:
This is really bad

This is what happened in TURKEY before the Ottomans wiped out Christianity there and changed Constantinople to Istanbul

Since they can use CAN for their means, they will seek to divide it. Pa Ayo was very vocal with the boko haram menace. He had been in the cross hairs of these northern elements for letting the world know that it is the same spirit at work in ISIS that is in Boko haram
My dear we the Christians in Nigeria have to unite to, so that what happened in Turkey will not repeat itself, I smell a rat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by Nobody: 3:29am On Aug 15, 2016
omogin:
Same way they voted buhari against good reason. I wish them well
Let them carry their own cross. I see them regretting this decision in time to come. Since independence and during the war and after, they had always betrayed southern Christians in joining forces with their Muslim neighbours against the south.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by M4gunners: 3:35am On Aug 15, 2016
One Nigeria come to mind.

1 Like

Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by thesicilian: 3:47am On Aug 15, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity can never bring unity

tete7000:

Jesus didn't promise you that. If in doubt, read this:

Gospel Luke 12:49-53 ©
Jesus said to his disciples: ‘I have
come to bring fire to the earth, and
how I wish it were blazing already!
There is a baptism I must still
receive, and how great is my
distress till it is over!
‘Do you suppose that I am here
to bring peace on earth? No, I tell
you, but rather division. For from
now on a household of five will be
divided: three against two and two
against three; the father divided
against the son, son against father,
mother against daughter, daughter
against mother, mother-in-law
against daughter-in-law, daughter-
in-law against mother-in

Both untrue. Christianity may not bring unity in the land among people of different beliefs, but there's supposed to be unity among Christians. The verse quoted from Luke above refers to a situation where one decides to follow Christ while the other remains of a different religion. This is the prayer of the Lord Jesus himself for his disciples, before he left the earth:

John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Re: Northern Christians Form NNCA, As They Break Away From CAN by aksule(m): 3:55am On Aug 15, 2016
A very wrong move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor 'Delivers' Mad Man In Edo After Years Of Madness (Photos) / Policewoman Spotted Preaching In A Bus In Lagos Today: (pic) / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.