Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World (2242 Views)

FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH / Nigeria Squad For Fifa Under-20 World Cup / Fifa Under 17 Competition In South Korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by MrCrackles(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2009

The team manager of the United Arab Emirates team Jamal Hassan has launched a savage attack on the facilities for the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.
United Arab Emirates (UAE) are due to be based there in Group E alongside Malawi, Spain and the USA.
Hassan threatened to withdraw his team from the tournament if the Gwagwarawa and Bayero University training pitches are not completely revamped.
"How do they expect my youthful players to come and train on a pitch without grass?" he told Punch newspaper in Nigeria.
"They want us to train on the field which cannot accommodate even a five-a-side game. This is horrible; I have never seen a thing like this all my life in football.
"Even the doping room is only comparable to a detention centre, there are no excuses, and we cannot stay here."
Even though facilities in Kano have come under severe criticism from the local media, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) in the city insist they are on track to be perfect hosts to the teams in Group E
Source - www.bbcsports.co.uk

HOPELESS NIGERIA grin
Please FIFA take the bloody competition away from Nigeria. . .
That country is not ready! cool
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by ayusman16(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
I support. We seems not to be ready for anything in this country yet we get upset when outsiders tarnish our already deplorable image. It is pathetic that we cannot host a simple competition at that level. Poor us.
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by MrCrackles(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2009
ayusman16:

I support. We seems not to be ready for anything in this country yet we get upset when outsiders tarnish our already deplorable image. It is pathetic that we cannot host a simple competition at that level. Poor us.
My brother i tire o. . .
Disgraceful! grin
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by asha80(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
Why do we always strive to disgrace ourselves.Training pitch no grass angry angry angry

Doping room=Detention center embarassed angry angry
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by MrCrackles(m): 12:48am On Sep 26, 2009
asha 80:

Why do we always strive to disgrace ourselves.Training pitch no grass angry angry angry
Doping room=Detention center embarassed angry angry
It is some serious ish isnt it embarassed
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by Shola2009(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2009

They want us to train on the field which cannot accommodate even a five-a-side game

lol, is that really true?? cheesy grin
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by MrCrackles(m): 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
Shola2009:

lol, is that really true?? cheesy grin
My friend it is true ooooo. . . . grin
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by tkb417(m): 8:28am On Sep 28, 2009
how can that be true?

didnt we host the Under 20 world cup in Nigeria with lush green grass

When the games were on TV, i bet nobody would know they were coming from Nigeria

The UAE guy shld eat some grass and fck off

even the Nigerdock football field has grass. why would NFF put a stadium with no grass

abeggi joh

na so we poor reach
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by omar22(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2009
how can that be true?

You can not be serious, during Nigeria 99 we played Noth Korean anthem instead of South Korea, that alone could have started world war III

Light disappeared in Ibadan during the Spain v Ghana,
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by Uche2nna(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2009
omar22:

You can not be serious, during Nigeria 99 we played Noth Korean anthem instead of South Korea, that alone could have started world war III

LOL

Well, at least there was no bomb explosion, so make them go siddon. Cue in Atalanta 96
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by bawomolo(m): 3:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
omar22:

grin grin grin
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 28, 2009
tkb417:

how can that be true?

When the games were on TV, i bet nobody would know they were coming from Nigeria

The UAE guy shld eat some grass and fck off

even the Nigerdock football field has grass. why would NFF put a stadium with no grass

abeggi joh

na so we poor reach

Roflmao. grin
Re: Fifa Under -17 Tournament : Latest From Nigeria And Around The World by TmeD0(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
na wa for naija o!

according to this article, FIFA talk say dem regret awarding the hosting right to naija and might drop us from hosting the competition.

they already have Mexico on stand-by as a possible host nation should they have to withdraw naija's right to host the competition.

49 years and still the same chop make i chop mentality! 

(1) (Reply)

English Premier League 2014/2015 Opening Preview And Tips / Victor Moses Marries Long Time Partner (PHOTOS) / Bet9ja Escaped Me Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.