Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) (3342 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 900k / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt / Important Things To Take Along If You Are Relocating To Usa For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hello friends, please I need your various assistance/advice.

A family member is ready to sponsor my trip abroad. I just have to
I have an international passport already but don't know how to go about it; please advice me

Deadline to travel is December 2016 or January 2017.
If I can leave before then, better. Please advice.
N/B: I am not currently in a paid employment, so I don't need people to start advicing why not start a business here in Nigeria

Cc:lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by worry359(m): 7:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

I have an international passport already but don't know how to go about it; please advice me

N/B: I am not currently in a paid employment, so I don't need people to start advicing why not start a business here in Nigeria

First we do not like agents and will never recommend one.
You need to read back the USA and Canada sections here.
Also go to the visa sections of their websites and read up.

You can not just move to those countries because you want to
It is more complicated.
Read back and you will learn.
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
Thanks. Please if you know of other English speaking country or better country, please let me know. Thank you once again
worry359:

First we do not like agents and will never recommend one.
You need to read back the USA and Canada sections here.
Also go to the visa sections of their websites and read up.

You can not just move to those countries because you want to
It is more complicated.
Read back and you will learn.
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Bandeco(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Tkayhandsome:

Moving on what purpose? Visit , studies, business, work (you must have a job offer), conference?? Until you say ur purpose of trip no one will give you any insight. As a poster said, you don't just move to this countries because you have a Nigerian passport and has a well to do family member ready to sponsor you. It 's very complicated!
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
What if I go for studies, is there possibility of still staying after my course?
Bandeco:

Moving on what purpose? Visit , studies, business, work (you must have a job offer), conference?? Until you say ur purpose of trip no one will give you any insight. As a poster said, you don't just move to this countries because you have a Nigerian passport and has a well to do family member ready to sponsor you. It 's very complicated!
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Bandeco(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
What if I go for studies, is there possibility of still staying after my course?
Yes.. There's. Studies is the surest bet if you intend to stay back. And you find things a lot easier with a study visa
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
Thank you sir. I guess this is the beginning of my journey. Please put me through how to go about it.
Bandeco:

Yes.. There's. Studies is the surest bet if you intend to stay back. And you find things a lot easier with a study visa
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by dasparrow: 2:51am On Aug 16, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Thank you sir. I guess this is the beginning of my journey. Please put me through how to go about it.

If I were you, I will choose Canada if you are going there to study and intend to stay back afterwards.

First of all, you choose a university in Canada that you will like to attend. Make sure you check to see which programs they offer for study. Check to see how much their tuition costs for foreign students. School fees are usually high for foreign students compared to what the locals get to pay. Anyways, find a school that is not too expensive. Then you go online to the school's website and apply. You must scan all your transcripts/results and certificates so that you can attach it to the application. You must pay the application fee. If you have a domiciliary account in dollar, the better. You can just pay using your dollar debit card or have the money transferred into an account provided by the school. Please note, they won't even touch your application until your application fees has been received by them. You can also have your sponsor pay the application fee for you which is easier if you don't have a domiciliary account here in Nigeria.

Next, the school will contact you by email to let you know of their decision. If you are accepted, they will tell you when to pay your school fees as well. Once you have your admission letter, you will have to go and apply for your visa either in Lagos or Abuja through VFS who is authorized by the Canadian embassy to accept visa applications on their behalf. You will need your sponsor to write a letter stating that he/she will sponsor you and provide bank statements showing they have sufficient funds to sponsor you including your room and board. It takes a few months for Canada to process your student visa. According to Canada's immigration website, for Nigerians, it takes about 4 months because the applications are sent to the Canadian embassy in Ghana for processing. Once they approve you for a student visa, you will be notified to come and pick up your passport and visa or it can be mailed to you if you wish.

Once you finish with your studies in Canada, you can apply to stay if you can find a job. Another option is, you can apply to Canadian provinces and if you are selected, you will get your permanent residency as well.

I personally studied and then lived and worked in USA for over 13 years before relocating back to Nigeria less than 4 years ago. I also got admission to a Canadian university about a year ago but had to postpone my traveling plans to Canada for now. I will be in Canada God willing early 2018. Anyways, I have outlined the steps you will need to take to get the ball rolling. All the best.

8 Likes

Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Wow wow this is good. Thank you for taking time to teach and inform me. I think Canada is fine by me like you said. I have a friend who schools there also.
Please can you name any university you feel is cheap? I read banking so its possible I'll be doing a masters in Business Admin. Thank you once again
dasparrow:

If I were you, I will choose Canada if you are going there to study and intend to stay back afterwards.

First of all, you choose a university in Canada that you will like to attend. Make sure you check to see which programs they offer for study. Check to see how much their tuition costs for foreign students. School fees are usually high for foreign students compared to what the locals get to pay. Anyways, find a school that is not too expensive. Then you go online to the school's website and apply. You must scan all your transcripts/results and certificates so that you can attach it to the application. You must pay the application fee. If you have a domiciliary account in dollar, the better. You can just pay using your dollar debit card or have the money transferred into an account provided by the school. Please note, they won't even touch your application until your application fees has been received by them. You can also have your sponsor pay the application fee for you which is easier if you don't have a domiciliary account here in Nigeria.

Next, the school will contact you by email to let you know of their decision. If you are accepted, they will tell you when to pay your school fees as well. Once you have your admission letter, you will have to go and apply for your visa either in Lagos or Abuja through VFS who is authorized by the Canadian embassy to accept visa applications on their behalf. You will need your sponsor to write a letter stating that he/she will sponsor you and provide bank statements showing they have sufficient funds to sponsor you including your room and board. It takes a few months for Canada to process your student visa. According to Canada's immigration website, for Nigerians, it takes about 4 months because the applications are sent to the Canadian embassy in Ghana for processing. Once they approve you for a student visa, you will be notified to come and pick up your passport and visa or it can be mailed to you if you wish.

Once you finish with your studies in Canada, you can apply to stay if you can find a job. Another option is, you can apply to Canadian provinces and if you are selected, you will get your permanent residency as well.

I personally studied and then lived and worked in USA for over 13 years before relocating back to Nigeria less than 4 years ago. I also got admission to a Canadian university about a year ago but had to postpone my traveling plans to Canada for now. I will be in Canada God willing early 2018. Anyways, I have outlined the steps you will need to take to get the ball rolling. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by lizzyay: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2016
Tkayhandsome:
Wow wow this is good. Thank you for taking time to teach and inform me. I think Canada is fine by me like you said. I have a friend who schools there also.
Please can you name any university you feel is cheap? I read banking so its possible I'll be doing a masters in Business Admin. Thank you once again
. Pls tell me more about USA I am intend to travel with my children is it a very good place to work
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
I'm still in Nigeria. Don't know much about USA. Just read through various thread and comments. Regards
lizzyay:
. Pls tell me more about USA I am intend to travel with my children is it a very good place to work

Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 3:43am On Aug 21, 2016
I spoke with a friend who resides in Canada, so he adviced me to go for the Canadian work visa. No offer yet though, but he is willing to get me a job there so I can use the offer letter to fast track my coming over to work. Is that a good advice?
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Tkayhandsome(m): 4:24am On Aug 22, 2016
Guys done wise my friend. Thanks for showing me.
shinarambo1:

Beware.
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by kelvotemi: 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2018
Good evening everyone, please I need a candid advice,
I studied biochemistry in the University but I'm trying to change my line of studies to Nursing in which I have an admission from one of the schools in Canada, my question is that what can I do in other not to be denied and what are my chances of getting it?

Also I have two daughters (4and 2),is it possible to apply for them so they can follow me since they are still small.
Thank you all. Looking forward to seeing your reply.
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Kinfinity007: 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2018
[quote author=dasparrow post=48517973]

I personally studied and then lived and worked in USA for over 13 years before relocating back to Nigeria less than 4 years ago. I also got admission to a Canadian university about a year ago but had to postpone my traveling plans to Canada for now. I will be in Canada God willing early 2018. Anyways, I have outlined the steps you will need to take to get the ball rolling. All the best.[/quote)vooorect

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by Kinfinity007: 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2018
Bandeco:

hi five
[quote author=Kinfinity007 post=65206580][/quote]hi five
Re: I Have A Sponsor, How Do I Relocate To USA Or Canada? (URGENT) by ParadiseAce: 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
[quote author=Kinfinity007 post=65206580][/quote] please dear can u send me a link of any affordable school in Canada where I can do my masters program.Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Congo / Flight Reservation / Best Country To Settle With Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.