Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:09 PM

Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker (14767 Views)

Dogara Built House At Wuse, Abuja Within 6 Months As Speaker - Sahara Reporters / Shekau Reacts To Al-Barnawi's Emergence As Boko Haram Leader / Plot To Remove Dogara As Speaker Causes Tension In House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by makzeze: 5:14am On Aug 15, 2016
The former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has written a letter to the APC National Chairman, John Oyegun, apologising for his role in the emergence of Speaker Yakubu Dogara, against the wish of the party.
In a long letter dated Friday, August 12, Jibrin also called on the party to ask Dogara to vacate the speaker’s seat to allow for internal and external investigation without interference for sanity to return to the House.

Jibrin sought the APC’s forgiveness for leading a rebellion against the party last year, which preferred current House Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, to Dogara as speaker.
Thus, he said, the party should nominate a speaker pro-tempo and mobilize its members to support him to take over and adjourn the House until when they would be due for resumption in September.

He said the party should also insist on internal reform of the activities of the House and ensure that the new speaker implements it fully and discuss the possibility of returning the N100bn constituency component of the 2016 budget.

The party had asked both Dogara and Jibrin to avoid making any further public comments on the budget controversy.
He said: “It took only a few weeks after the election for me to realize the corrupt and dangerous man inside the skin of Speaker Dogara. That was when I started getting reports of his corrupt practices for many years in the House undetected. I fell apart will Speaker Dogara instantly.

Contrary to public believe, we have never been close since few weeks after he emerged Speaker.”
Jibrin also accused Dogara of being the godson of Senator Iyiola Omisore from whom he alleged the speaker takes orders.
He said “It will be dangerous and potentially disastrous for the party to keep Speaker Yakubu Dogara on that seat. I wish to state that I deeply regret the role I played in the emergence of Yakubu Dogara as Speaker.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/jibrin-apologises-to-apc-over-role-in-dogara-s-emergence-as-speaker/159005.html#Oj3WEkPPvijLKEMS.99

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by metalDETECTED(m): 5:18am On Aug 15, 2016
All politicians should be killed

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by chriskosherbal(m): 5:20am On Aug 15, 2016
Politicians an thier doings hmmm
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by usomine007(m): 5:25am On Aug 15, 2016
IMPUNITY! IMPUNITY!! IMPUNITY!!! Oh Nigeria,What a ZOO(country).It is well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by nzeobi(m): 5:42am On Aug 15, 2016
Mumuni you are becoming childish and inconsequential as the day goes bye.

Please take it as politics and wait for your own time of vengeance.

14 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 15, 2016
All I know is that both of you are corrupt, the House would have been better off with the emergence of Gbajabiamila as Speaker, because he is a man who commands respect in the House, watching the man speaking is even enough

24 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by blackpanda: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Its too late to cry now. You dug your grave a long time ago. Its time to be dealt with approppriately

4 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Tony5555: 5:53am On Aug 15, 2016
Why can we regret for this chain economy we voted in?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by nonjebose(m): 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
The party has instructed EFCC to dig up his past laundering case, so he makes effort to pacify them. Nigerian politicians are the most selfish creatures. Let them expose themselves the more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by greatgod2012(f): 6:33am On Aug 15, 2016
Dramatic politicians!

Everyday drama!

So, you knew who the party preferred but chose to support another person for personal and selfish reasons Or for whose interest if I may ask.

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by OlujobaSamuel: 6:33am On Aug 15, 2016
I don't just know why, I refused to blame apc for whatever the nass is going through, from number 1 to 4th, they are all the handiwork of pdp and apc rebels, so they should stop running to the party for survival and face their predicament.
Jibrin, the co-thief, you mentioned meeting with a pdp chieftain in the budget padding, is it omisore?
a report sometimes ago when efcc arrested him claimed that some budget related documents were found in his custody?
hmmmmmmm, 1+1=11, we are getting there.

8 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by greatgod2012(f): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2016
nonjebose:
The party has instructed EFCC to dig up his past laundering case, so he makes effort to pacify them. Nigerian politicians are the most selfish creatures. Let them expose themselves the more

So, EFCC is APC's tools in dealing with party offenders and oppositions

I thought EFCC supposed to be independent.

Nothing we no go see for this change era.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by nonjebose(m): 6:42am On Aug 15, 2016
greatgod2012:

He who pays the piper dictates the tune, dear

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by President99: 6:44am On Aug 15, 2016
Tony5555:
Why can we regret for this chain economy we voted in?
I am happy Dogara brtrayed this Clown called JIBRIN. Both U n Dogara r criminals vis-à-vis padded the budget together.
U padded ur constituency's projects with over #4Billions and u were shamelessly saying ur deputy in the committee padded his constituency project by #109millions.
U r such a disgrace to the people who elected u.
I equally learnt U laundered some billions with former gov of Nass, Aliyu

4 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by greatgod2012(f): 6:44am On Aug 15, 2016
metalDETECTED:

I tell you!

90% of our so-called politicians are criminals, rogues, thieves.........
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by omaguibu(m): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2016
This Jubrin has not only failed integrity test, he has also failed sanity (Mental) test.
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Caseless: 6:47am On Aug 15, 2016
Shut up, you cow!

As much as I want Dogara and his accomplices hounded before the law, I want Jibrin punished too. I can't forget his insults on party leaders while he campaigned for Dogara to spite the party.

3 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by dunkem21(m): 6:52am On Aug 15, 2016
Jokers undecided
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:59am On Aug 15, 2016
Jibrin is a childish politician cool

3 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by freeze001(f): 7:03am On Aug 15, 2016
This Jibrin is just a spoilt baby! Yeye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by modath(f): 7:05am On Aug 15, 2016
metalDETECTED:

I can provide the otapiapia sef! Disgusting they are!! angry
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by wowmenow: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2016
mubarak123:
All I know is that both of you are corrupt, the House would have been better off with the emergence of Gbajabiamila as Speaker, because he is a man who commands respect in the House, watching the man speaking is even enough

Story if you are not a Fulani you can't lead the house of representative read history no south south ever survive as speaker of the house
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Sunnycliff(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2016
Story for the gods!

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Fairgodwin(m): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2016
I love Nigerian politics - always very interesting and no boring moment at all.

But in any case, we've been scammed!

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by AntiWailer: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2016
lol Reverse Psychology ?
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by spako4(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
National Assembly.the house of greed,rogues and thieves.
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by LMAyedun(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
metalDETECTED:
Will you lead the killer squad?

1 Like

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
greatgod2012:
Dramatic politicians!

Everyday drama!

So, you knew who the party preferred but chose to support another person for personal and selfish reasons Or for whose interest if I may ask.
probably because of region
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by LMAyedun(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
When will Buhari resign sef?
Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Sunnycliff(m): 8:01am On Aug 15, 2016
greatgod2012:

Even a baby in the stomach knows that EFCC and DSS are arsenals in the hands of APC. They really lack independence now but political tools working out the whims and caprices of APC chieftains!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by bayulll011(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2016
metalDETECTED:

Killed ?,all of them should not be taken serious never,I watch this same jibrin last year on Tv abusing Nd raising curses on Apc leadership never known he was fighing for his pocket.Nigeria politician are all criminals

2 Likes

Re: Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker by Omooba77: 8:02am On Aug 15, 2016
Omisore again! Power is really to the people shocked cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Unveils Solar-Powered Electronic Voting Machine Ahead Of 2019 Elections / You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion / Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.