Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nigeria's Politics And Concencus Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Politics And Concencus Candidate (616 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice / Godfatherism In Nigeria's Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Politics And Concencus Candidate by McKren(m): 12:20am On Sep 26, 2009
Folks what do you make of this issue of concensus candidates in Nigeria's politics

Political parties in Nigeria claim to want to deepen internal democracy and yet there solution to that is having concensus candidates rather than having party delegates vote for who they want their flag bearers to be.

I think this smacks of laziness.

When you call for a concensus candidates is'nt it the case that who ever emerges will be seen as the establishment imposition on the party which defeats the purpose of trying to deepen internal party democracy.

Why can't we have clear rules of who party delegates are and how they can vote to elect leaders
Re: Nigeria's Politics And Concencus Candidate by citizenY(m): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2009
Consensus Candidacy is undemocratic and the parties use this method to
weed out candidates they do not like. This is the basic tool used by the
party leadership. This abnormality is what has brought Nigeria to this
sorry state. Absence of internal democracy, election rigging , thuggery
result in intra party crisis.

In the process, there will be a lot of electoral malpractices, dissatisfied
aspirants move to other parties and in some or most cases win the elections
and later cross back to the parties that denied them a ticket in the
first instance. In some cases you have prolonged litigation .

Chei, the results are here with us, We are all living witnesses----- The parties must
have achange of heart. I fear 2011

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Going To Be Wearing On October 1st / Expose The Cheats Among Us And Expose Corrupt Ones In The Schools And Offices / 9 Days To Fifa U-17 W/cup: Spends N400m on biscuits, brooms, drinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.