Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,989 members, 7,799,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? (412 Views)

More On Kim Ung- Yong, The Man Who Scored Highest Ever On An IQ Test As A Child. / 6 Effective Ways To Read And Remember Everything / How Does A Child Learn Without Books ? Sow A Book Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? by fromnigeria(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Nairaland Educationist et al, please i do need your advice and views.
I have a child of 8years, who unfortunately for reasons i can not tell, can not read because of inability to pronounce words.
My effort for the past 3 months have yielded some good result but he is not yet where he should be as per reading.
What else can i do?

Very many thanks in advance for your reasonable input.
Re: How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
take it slow with the child be patient and try to reward the kid anytime he makes an effort....it would further encourage the child to keep trying

also children like to do what they see older people doing..... like a mom that sweeps every morning...... her kid starts trying to sweep so i think the parent should try reading the presence of the child.... i think

nb:im not an educationist o just my opinion
Re: How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? by fromnigeria(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
baddestchic:
take it slow with the child be patient and try to reward the kid anytime he makes an effort....it would further encourage the child to keep trying

also children like to do what they see older people doing..... like a mom that sweeps every morning...... her kid starts trying to sweep so i think the parent should try reading the presence of the child.... i think

nb:im not an educationist o just my opinion

Thanks alot. You made two solid points, i will apply 1, and get the parents (mum) to do more of 2.

Your advice am sure will help.
Re: How Else Can A Child Learn How To Read? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2016
fromnigeria:

Thanks alot. You made two solid points, i will apply 1, and get the parents (mum) to do more of 2.

Your advice am sure will help.

uwc

(1) (Reply)

Advanced Tibco Bw/bi, Ems Online Training, Tibco Sportfire Course / UNIZIK Again Failed To Anounce Post UTME Admission Screening Date / FUTO Direct-entry Registration For 2016-2017 Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.