Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,258 members, 7,780,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All (525501 Views)

Don't Beat Your Wife - Pastor Chris / 'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / Pastor Peter Kayode's Story - True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by amebono1: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2009
Pastor Peter Kayode Falarungbon is the Head Pastor of Awakeners Chapel International.

He was the first Head Pastor of the Ghana branch of T.B. Joshua's Church, Synagogue Church of All Nations.

In the latest edition of the world acclaimed Nigerian Religious magazine-Lifeway, Pastor Kayode reveals how the Head Pastor of the Synagogue Church of All Nations, Prophet T.B. Joshua, the man whose 'spiritual prowess' has kept the Ghanaian presidency in bondage, virtually sent him into exile in Ghana in order to have canal knowledge of his (Pastor Kayode's) wife-Lola.

This is his story:
“It was in 1991 that my wife, Lola, and I went to the Synagogue. We went there because we had been married for nine years without any child. When we met Joshua he looked like a gentleman, a kind person and someone that could be relied on.

I saw him as someone representing God because of his physical and outward appearance. Within two weeks of our going there, he had gotten very close to my wife. That got me concerned but then I concluded that it could be because my wife hailed from the village next to his in Ondo State, Nigeria.

One day my former wife told me that the Prophet wanted her to work with him; that she had to do this before God could answer our prayer for a child. Since I did not want to be an obstacle, I gave her the go ahead.

Suddenly I found myself going there every day because we wanted the fruit of the womb. One day, Lola told me the Prophet wanted to see me. He (Joshua) told me God wanted to use me and that I should surrender myself to the service of the lord. It was a big battle in my heart and with my family.

I was born into and grew up in the salvation Army Church. My parents were leaders in the Church. All my siblings worshipped there. But finally I succumbed.

The first thing he did was to relocate me from where I lived in a three bedroom apartment at Ipaja road. He gave me a Chamber AND hall at Ikoutun Egbe. He told me that if I wanted to serve the Lord, I have to separate myself from the world, from my family and my friends.

Again I succumbed to that pressure. It was a serious battle with my family and friends. A friend of mine who was a Bank Manager at that time traced me to the Church and confronted me. “Kayode, are you crazy?” he quizzed. I told him to 'Just leave me alone!'

That was the beginning of my journey. I abandoned my parents and refused to see any of my siblings. I was placed in the evangelical department to study the scriptures. However, because of my Salvation Army background, I found loopholes in some of the things he taught us but I could not openly challenge him.

He later asked my wife to move into the church permanently, while I continue to stay in the chamber and hall. I would leave the house in the morning, go straight to the church and return home in the evening alone.

On Sunday mornings, she would rush in early in the morning around 6am, take a change of clothing and rush back to the church. Anytime I showed my desire for intimacy, she will refuse on the grounds that the Prophet said we should not engage in sex yet.

The Prophet had to give us a 'pass' before we could make love. I found myself taking all these instructions and there was no way out. I was simply helpless and could not save myself!

On his Pastoral Assignment
After going through the Bible Training course for about three to four years, most of my colleagues left. Some of them were well educated, I remember were Professors. They left because they could not stomach those bizarre instructions, considering their well exposed background.

I was one of two or three people who remained from my set. Agomoh set came after us. After a while, a Ghanaian named Ben and I came to Ghana in 1997 to plan a crusade, We contacted the Ghana Pentecostal Council and we marketed Joshua very well to them even though many of them did not know him.

It was not a big crusade; we had about three thousand people in attendance. We returned to Nigeria and about months later. I was sent back to Ghana to start a fellowship. One sister Cecilia, rented a three bedroom apartment for us in Achimota and that became our venue.

We began to grow from there. Up till this time, my former wife remained in Lagos; we could not talk on the phone and I could not talk to my family as well. Once in a while, maybe once in six months or once in a year, Joshua would call me and put my wife on the line. Our conversation usually went like this: “How are you?” “I am fine.” “Well I just want to find out if you are okay.” That was all.

Meanwhile, the real reason why we went to Synagogue was yet to be resolved – that was our childlessness. Somehow in my pursuit of doing the will of God, the issue took a backseat in my mind. I simply wanted to do God's work, please him and see what God would do. At some point during the years, I began to awaken from my spiritual slumber. I took a series of decisions. One of them was I must see my parents.
Early one morning, while in Lagos on his orders, I left Ikotun Egbe at 5.am.for Agege and traced my parents. They received me coldly. I was not in the least surprised. But then my mum later disclosed to me that my wife had told one of my old friends that Joshua told her it was impossible for her to conceive through me, that the lack of conception was my fault.

Although, I refused to accept that, I could not press the issue as I had to hurry back so that I could meet my appointment with T.B Joshua for 9.am that day. To my utter surprise, he was aware of my visit to my parents. My so-called wife had informed him. He asked me where I was and I told him I went to see my parents. That incident jolted me back to my senses. I began to piece things together and I perceived that something was amiss.

An accident I witnessed convinced me there was something more to the relationship between Joshua and my wife. Joshua used to flog his followers, old and young. I was privy to him trying to flog my wife once, but she just walked out on him without anything happening.

For her to have the guts to walk out on him when he was flogging others convinced me there was more to their relationship.

Back in Ghana, I remained devoted to the assignment he gave me. I even single-handedly began to sponsor his programmes on Metro T.V for two years without any financial assistance from him. The allegation of my wife with the connivance of T.B Joshua that I could not father a child continued to bother me.

Besides, as a single pastor of a congregation of about two thousand plus members, I battled with temptation. I came to a decision that I needed to remarry in order to prevent falling for temptation and also to prove to Joshua, Lola and everyone who believed the lie that they were wrong.

I also needed to put this woman out of my mind and my life for good. In Ghana, I met a lady here and I told her everything about my situation. And she agreed to my proposal. To the glory of God she got pregnant. I jubilantly announced to my parents, “I told you there was nothing wrong with me!”

On His Father`s Death
One day my younger brother in Texas called to inform me that my father was very ill. Because of Joshua`s enslavement, I could not go to Lagos to check on my father. One day my brother called again from Texas to inform me that our father had passed on. That really pained me. I called Joshua and told him of my father`s demise. He asked me to come to Lagos and specifically charged me not to inform any church member in Accra. And I complied.

Oh how stupid I was! No member of my congregation knew my father died. I boarded the plane to Lagos alone and wept all the way. I was so sorrowful. I felt like the worst sinner. This was a man I had seen for five years! I felt like I was in a way responsible for his death. Joshua gave me 50,000 Naira and the permission to discuss funeral arrangements with my family. I did and returned to Accra to prepare for the funeral.

He gave me a bus and one other member to accompany me to my father`s funeral. Meanwhile, I had a congregation of over 2,000 members in Accra and not a single member knew I came home to bury my father. I am the first born of seven children. I have a brother who is a PH.D holder. I have a sister who is a vice-Principal of a school in Ibadan.

Another sister is a Police Officer, and the last born studied Agronomy at the University of Ibadan. Every one of them shunned me at the funeral. I was left to myself. My mother went inside, broke down and wept. Later she sent for me and told me the reason they all ignored me.

According to her, five days before my father passed on, he insisted on speaking with me. But because none of them had my telephone number they could not reach me. Eventually, my father persuaded my siblings to take him to The Synagogue to meet with Joshua. He was sure that through Joshua a call would be placed to me.

Unfortunately, when they got to The Synagogue they were left at the gate unattended to for two hours. They sent for my former wife and briefed her. She went inside to return two hours later to tell them that the Prophet was not available to see them. They had to return home. The next day, my father passed on. That was why my siblings shunned me. Right there I made up my mind to leave The Synagogue. I told myself it was time to leave!

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=8362&z=12

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Kunbee: 1:43am On Sep 27, 2009
Na wa ooo

5 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by trekkie: 2:12am On Sep 27, 2009
pathetic if true. he had his own part to play in the saga

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2009
The guy was a very silly guy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by olanajim(m): 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
the pastor narrating the above must be condemned instead of glorified. Granted that T B joshua may have his failing, the truth is that the pastor willing went into the synagogue when he couldnt find miracle in Salvation Army Church. That is so glaring in his story. He wanted fruit of the womb. This failure to get what he wanted and the clandestine (he didnt prove it) affair his wife supposedly had with the man of God is the cause of his leaving the synagogue.

So many questions. I wish he can answer them. He remarried to prove his fertility. He didnt say he caught his wife making love to TB Joshua. That act of impatience is a bad example for his followers as we all know the position of christainity on marriage. It is a pity that the wife is the loser. TB Joshua loses nothing. I hope that every couple, especially women learn from it. That pastor kayode was only looking for justification to remarry.

I wonder what kind of salvation he would render his congregation when he ran away from his own challenge. He should thank God he is not a RCCG pastor, he would have been axed like Igbodalo.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by trekkie: 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2009
is this not a symptom of the modern day christianity? when christians are only looking for breakthrough,miracles etc without personal holiness?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by olanajim(m): 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
that is sad!
Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 27, 2009
what a shocking shame, has this pastor ever read a bible?

2 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
The pastor has not totally surrendered to the call to ministry. He loves this present world so much that he is willing to give up even his salvation for it.  That is

what i deduced.

According to the scriptures he is not fit for the kingdom, let alone to minister as God's servant.

TB Josuah probably had plans to put him through some much needed training on faith, perseverence and self denial which he failed again and again.

No wonder others like Agomo could rise after him to pastor the same church in Ghana.

So you think because you now have a child you are approved of God?  undecided

11 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

The pastor has not tatally surrendered to the call to ministry. He loves this present world so much that he is willing to give up even his salvation for it. That is

what i deduced.

According to the scriptures he is not fit for the kingdom, let alone to minister as God's servant.

TB Josuah probably had plans to put him through some much needed training on faith, perseverence and self denial which he failed again and again.

No wonder others like Agomo could rise after him to pastor the same church in Ghana.

So you think because you now have a child you are approved of God? undecided

What is this? shocked Are you ok?

73 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by noetic14: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

The pastor has not totally surrendered to the call to ministry. He loves this present world so much that he is willing to give up even his salvation for it.  That is

what i deduced.

so TB joshua was right to tell the couple not to have sex? . . . . .and he was right to deny him access to his parents?

70 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2009
The mere fact that we have these comments up here for discussion is proof +ve that the Pastor is backslidden.

Otherwise, why will a minister not fear that same Spirit by which he was called into ministry and begin to speak in public in this manner against God's servant?

Or are there any allegations of occultic initiation or satanic worship. If it was the Lord's service, and you are led by the Spirit(not circumstances) to leave then do so

in the Same Spirit of holiness and sin not!

I have my reasons for not answering ur questions: Davidylan n Noetic. I admire your knowledge of the written logos which you show on some threads but some things are better spiritually discerned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

The mere fact that we have these comments up here for discussion is proof +ve that the Pastor is backslidden.

Otherwise, why will a minister not fear that same Spirit by which he was called into ministry and begin to speak in public in this manner against God's servant?

Or are there any allegations of occultic initiation or satanic worship. If it was the Lord's service, and you are led by the Spirit(not circumstances) to leave then do so

in the Same Spirit of holiness and sin not!

I have my reasons for not answering your questions: Davidylan n Noetic. I admire your knowledge of the written logos which you show on some threads but some things are better spiritually discerned.

Stop that errant nonsense you sons of satan! angry

The holy Spirit does not call a man into ministry to give his wife to another.

57 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2009
@davidylan
What church do you belong to?
Who is your pastor?
What do you do in God's kingdom?
Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by MrCrackles(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

Davidylan
What church do you belong to? Synagogue. . .
Who is your pastor? TB Joshua. . .
What do you do in God's kingdom? Tithe Collector. .

7 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by TOPE20001(f): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ppl still talk abt TB Joshua? undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

@davidylan
What church do you belong to?
Who is your pastor?
What do you do in God's kingdom?

all these are CLEARLY IRRELEVANT. True discipleship of Jesus Christ is not based on which "moral social organisation" (aka church) you attend. It has NOTHING to do with who your CEO (aka pastor) is nor does it have anything to do with that self-righteous duty you perform in your social organisation (popularly known as working in God's kingdom).

Sorry, its quite clear to anyone with the mind of Christ that there is NO HOW God calls a true believer into ministry and shatters his family, steals his wife and makes him to dishonor his parents. The bible CLEARLY says a bishop must FIRST be a good steward of his own house. the bible CLEARLY states that an infidel is one who cannot provide for his family. the bible CLEARLY states that we must honor our father and mother.

Sorry, the above story is too wide a departure from the genuine word of God.

58 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2009
I am not surprised. What mind of Christ are you talking about? I just wanted to clarify that you are still the same indisciplined 'christian' i have known you to

be. How will you not run your mouth without control. Every Spirit filled christian can now beware of you.

You are too proud to belong anywhere, you know too much for God to teach you or use you for anything. A professor of theology is not necessarily a christain

mind you.

Who gave you the audacity to speak about the qualifications of a bishop. Bishop over who? How can someone who is not subject to authority speak correctly

about the same?

I have known you on nairaland for years. . . you're still far from understanding spiritual authority, let alone excercise it.

You are totally out of control. Or is it the Spirit that asked you to swallow the whole story, hook line and sinker? Do not think of yourself more highly

than you aught to my friend for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

3 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2009
donnie:

I am not surprised. What mind of Christ are you talking about? I just wanted to clarify that you are still the same indisciplined 'christian' i have known you to

be. How will you not run your mouth without control. Every Spirit filled christian can now beware of you.

You are too proud to belong anywhere, you know too much for God to teach you or use you for anything. A professor of theology is not necessarily a christain

mind you.

Who gave you the audacity to speak about the qualifications of a bishop. Bishop over who? How can someone who is not subject to authority speak correctly

about the same?

I have known you on nairaland for years. . . you're still far from understanding spiritual authority, let alone excercise it.

You are totally out of control. Or is it the Spirit that asked you to swallow the whole story, hook line and sinker? Do not think of yourself more highly

than you aught to my friend for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

you condemned yourself in those very words. any one who believes TB Joshua is of God is completely delusional and does not know the God of the bible. As regards "spiritual authority" . . . the phrase those cunning devils in your pulpits use to keep you in perpetual submission, may it never be my portion.

I submit myself to those who have thoroughly shown themselves worthy of that honor by the spiritual fruits.

27 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by amebono1: 5:31am On Sep 28, 2009
donnie:

what i deduced.

what kind of stupid reply is this?

18 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 28, 2009
Dont mind donnie. He's gradually turning to radicalism and fundamentalism. Thats how all "spirit filled" BLW christians will be in no time.
I'm not surprised you defend T.B's evil, coz of his parley with pastor chris, right.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by mikesleek(m): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2009
I bet we should be very careful the way we mention names of pastors here cos the bible even makes it clear that we should not judge. For the story here, i know my God is not an author of confusion, He cannot join two people in holy matrimony and yet ask them not to have sex, which is one of the purposes of getting married. He cannot ask you not to attend to a dying father and at the same time, the only reason the bible allows a man to re-marry, when his wife is not dead is when she is CAUGHT in adultary and not when she is suspected of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by olanajim(m): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2009
@mike,
Thanks for that input. We seem to overlook the fact that pastor kay didnt say he caught his wife having sex with TBJ. That to me is something that should be scrutinized

3 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by purefact: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
Meanwhile, the real reason why we went to Synagogue was yet to be resolved – that was our childlessness. Somehow in my pursuit of doing the will of God, the issue took a backseat in my mind. I simply wanted to do God's work, please him and see what God would do. At some point during the years, I began to awaken from my spiritual slumber. I took a series of decisions. One of them was I must see my parents.

I like the above paragraph from the pastor's story.   

If you are looking for the fruit of the woumb. is better you take care of your self medically, if posible go for IVF, than to allow yourself to be decieved by cinemagogue film actors.

I am a living withness and I know the end of the film in cenimagogue will soon come to an end.

I know there are lot of Fatia Balogun Workers write on this forum, and they pass information to their Godfather.
But one dey na one day,  the truth about the Cinemagogue will be opened,

may be, everybody are liars, only TBJ and his boys are saints. it us only a matter of time this TBJ film must have an end.

12 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 12:18am On Sep 30, 2009
Keep dreaming, before you know it, rapture has taken place.

1 Like

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by MrCrackles(m): 12:36am On Sep 30, 2009
So TB Joshua is good at nicking people's wives, apart from performing fake miracles and all shocked
Wonders shall never end!

8 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by manmustwac(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2009
The poor guy had been brainwashed sad

12 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by tinajohn: 3:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
This man is terrible at telling lies. TB Joshua barely has time for his own wife to steal another wife. If he wanted to get back at TB Joshua for revenge of, he should have taken a different angle so that people would more likely believe his story. Kayode we all know you before you became pastor and we all know what a compulsive liar you used to be. I was hoping that the name or 'tag' pastor would have changed your lying nature. Well if at least one dumb person believes your fake story it would be worth it right?

2 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nezan(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
What is really happening at the synagogue . . undecided . . ?

1 Like

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by donnie(m): 8:27am On Oct 23, 2009
If it's from nairaland you want to find out, then you're not serious 'cos most of what you get here are lies from demon spirits.

You better go find out for yourself if u wanna know so u dont feed on lies and  become a lie.

1 Like

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2009
Flogging church memebrs both young and old?

Na that one fear me pass!! embarassed

19 Likes

Re: 'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All by ebukachris: 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2009
If the above story is true,

flogging of church members then what is the different between him and Rev King. well all my life of reading the Bible, I didn't come across JESUS flogging the disciples or anybody Else and JESUS really didn't abandon his family and friends. He was there to wake Lazarus from the dead.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.