Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. (17477 Views)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Recruitment Of 2000 New Staff / Police To Conduct Lie Detector "Polygraph" Test For New 10,000 Recruits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by sjobest01(m): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
ABUJA – The Federal Government has said it would from August 29 commence the re-screening of 2,000 recruits of the Nigeria Immigration Service NIS who were “dispersed” after being trained and issued employment letters in February last year.

Announcing this in a statement issued Monday in Abuja, spokesman of the NIS, Ekpedeme King said the decision was reached in the aftermath of an emergency meeting of the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) on the 11th of August 2016.

The service however listed several guidelines for the screening of the applicants.

Apart from the necessary security clearance, they would also undergo a drug-test, certificate verification as well as the implementation of CDFIPB policy on “Age on Rank”.

Part of the statement reads;
“The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) wishes to inform the 2000 applicants for employment into the Service who were irregularly issued letters of employment in February, 2015 that the Federal Government has approved the review of the case.

“Following an emergency meeting of the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) on the 11th of August 2016, the following guidelines were issued for the screening of the applicants:

“Consequent on the above, applicants whose names are listed in the NIS website: www.immigration.gov.ng are requested to report to the NIS Headquarters Abuja with their academic certificates, birth certificate, previous employment records (if any), indigene certificates (originals and photocopies), two passport photographs, and in batches according to the time-table”.

By the schedule, Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II, ASI2 (CONPASS 08) from all the states between Abia and Jigawa in alphabetical order would take their turn on August 29 while those that fall between Kaduna and Zamfara states would have theirs on August 30.

For Assistant Inspectors of Immigration, AII (CONPASS 06) those from Abia to Jigawa state would sit for the screening on August 31 while those from Kaduna to Zamfara would have theirs on September 1.

For Immigration Assistants IA1 – IA3 (CONPASS 3,4,5), those from Abia to Edo states would be screened on September 2, Ekiti to Kwara, September 3 and Lagos to Zamfara, September 4.

“The general public should please note that the exercise is not a call for fresh recruitment. Therefore, no application for recruitment should be forwarded to the NIS”, the service warned.

After the botched 2014 recruitment into the service the then president, Goodluck Jonathan, instituted a committee to assist the CDFIPB conduct a fresh recruitment. The exercise has since been bugged with controversies following the dispersal of the 2,000 fresh recruits at the advent of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/fg-begin-re-screening-2000-immigration-recruits/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by obongtunji: 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
Federal Government should just call them back, complete there training and post them to their various position because they are Nigerians. After all this government also recruited personnel into CBN and FIRS without following due process, what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by izzou(m): 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
I prophesy upon this thread

Dat by this time tomorrow

The government will deny it

Can I get an Amen

cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by sjobest01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
seriously

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by sjobest01(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
izzou:
I prophesy upon this thread

Dat by this time tomorrow

The government will deny it

Can I get an Amen

cool
na so
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by tiptopy03(m): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please where can I get the list of 2000 recruits?
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Horllamideh(m): 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
I hope they recall them o. my girl took part in the exercise last year, anytime I remember all the pains and trouble she went through..... I can't but pray a higher power revisit things.
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Descartes: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Only in Zoogeria

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by henritinecy(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
A

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by osile2012: 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
[size=18pt]ok,.[/size]
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by gen2briz(m): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nice one
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by metalDETECTED(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
angry crazy buharri just recall this guys
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by IMASTEX: 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Welcome to the zoo
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
If I am to go with APC antecedents then they will only use this as a legit medium of taking in children of their members and not the real people shortlisted but let me hope they have "changed" and will do it right by giving it out to those previously dispersed who are QUALIFIED.
Pray for a conscientized Nigeria..

LET THE TRUTH ALWAYS WIN

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Edubrazilnwa(m): 3:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
la confused la govt
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by kayStelly(f): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
Wich way Nigeriya
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
HOW ABOUT NPOWER??
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by gbaskiboy: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
Failed country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by greatness22(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
What a country?

Buhari is a big mistake to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by henritinecy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
[B] how Na [/B]
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by ahckmedkosy(m): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
[quote author=malailayi post=48504428]HOW ABOUT NPOWER??[/quote

NPOWER = SCAM
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by CharlieMaria(m): 3:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
Confused Goverment
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by elhafeez(m): 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
Nigerians and their wahala. if he didn't recall them problem. when he does they will still insult Buhari. can Nigerians ever be satisfied?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by blackmantis: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2016
These young men and women were already issued letters of appointment after screening and training. Just as this administration came in because they didn't like their faces they sent them away with no reason.

Last week after staying at home for more than a year after getting their appointment letter they protested here in Abuja and now to justify clearing them away they want to do another screening.

There is God O!

Who will pay them for their wasted time and resources.
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by BE811APP: 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
Immigration again grin
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by rexharysn(m): 3:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
Confused government, they say one today n tomorrow they change to two. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by blackmantis: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
henritinecy:
SO AFTER GOING THROUGH THAT STRESS THE FIRST TIME, YOU ARE MAKING THESE PEOPLE GO THROUGH IT AGAIN. BUHARI, I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. IS THIS THE CHANGE YOU PROMISED US? YES OR NO

It is just plain WICKEDNESS. >:
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by meltiplexer: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2016
kayStelly:
Wich way Nigeriya

Still looking for wish way,when guys are smiling to the bank.check it out Naijabet man say so

Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by registration(m): 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
okay
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by NairaMaster1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
Government of 'TO'
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
We know how this would end, don't we?
This is where the minister would come out and talk about federal character, at the end of the day, they would slot in more Malos.
Just negodu Nigeria jare
Re: FG To Begin Rescreening Of 2000 Immigration Recruits. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
Horllamideh:
I hope they recall them o. my girl took part in the exercise last year, anytime I remember all the pains and trouble she went through..... I can't but pray a higher power revisit things.
Don't be a sore looser, move on!
If you're still hung over since 2015 then you have more serious issues to deal with.
What then should those who lost their loved ones to the tragedy say?
I believe your girl has moved on, do likewise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Union Of Teachers (NUT) Job Recruitment (17 Positions) / Youwin Online Training Begins 5th Of December / Elf Petroleum Nigeria Limited Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.