Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands (3587 Views)

My Advice To Job Seekers With Waec Certificate Error / Employers Please Come In To Pick Someone For Holiday Jobs / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Seun(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2007
Politicians cannot create jobs. They are not magicians; they are liars. Jobs are created by employers only.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Johnny(m): 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2007
Don't mind them my brother. One publishing company invited me for an interview, which I went all the way to Lagos from Abuja here. You can't believe that the people already had the candidates of their choice, and after the so-called written interview, less than 20 names were called as been successful for the next stage of the interview. It was so fraustrating. Imagine the risk and the expenses. We will all get there in Jesus' name (AMEN).
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Johnny(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2007
If you are an electrical engineer, do you need a loan to repair damaged electronic equipment for people?

If you are a Computer Science graduate, do you need a loan to supply PC consumables and repair PCs?

If you are a brilliant student , do you need a loan to start giving personal tutorials and composing handouts?

If you own a digital camera, do you need a loan to cover events and produce photo CDs for people?

If you like to cook, do you need a loan to offer to be a resident chef for all neighbours?

If you like children, do you need a loan to convince your neighbours to pay you for baby-sitting services?

I know students who own laptops.  Why can't they lease such laptops to people for short presentations?

Nigeria is a country full of problems.  One man's problem is another man's profit!!.  Get cracking, people!  Instead of looking for capital, look for a business that requires capital withn your means.  The fact that you are alive and not dead means that there's a certain amount of capital at your disposal.  Manage it!!

Well said Seun. I believe that the best paid job is when you are on your own. But Seun, I must confess that it's always not easy; the capital to start this thing has been a plague hunting some of us for sometime now. There's no day I don't fill my head with the thought of what I can do if given the financial assistance. How much will an emloyer even pay me that will be enough for me? Except multinationals and some banks. Self employment is the best employement.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by kdships(m): 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2007
Seun:

Politicians cannot create jobs. They are not magicians; they are liars. Jobs are created by employers only.
Of course, they can create jobs. Jobs can be created through building the much needed refineries, manufacturing companies etc. These companies can also be privatized and money generated can be used in turn to create more opportunities. Must they wait for individuals to come in when they are not even creating a conducive environment.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Seun(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2007
If all the laws retraining the private sector are dissolved, the private sector will provide everything we need in an efficient manner. There'll be much less corruption corruption because if company A fails you, you'll just switch to company B or start your own business instead of merely complaining. Whenever it seems as a politician somewhere is actually creating jobs (rather than just promising) ask yourself how many jobs the private sector would have created if not restrained by laws created to back public monopolies like NITEL and NEPA!

Any job the government seems to "create" is merely a job the government hesitated to destroy.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Seun(m): 12:50pm On Jan 22, 2007
Jobs can be created through building the much needed refineries, manufacturing companies etc.
Can the private sector not build refineries and manufacturing companies? This is not the role of government!
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by ktemidayo: 12:59pm On Jan 22, 2007
The pioneer Queen of World Miss University Nigeria 2006 (WMUN06) Kudirat Garuba who is now the first coordinator of the Nigeria Campus Global Peace Foundation (NCGPF) and Nigeria student Ambassador to United Nation captured the attention of over 48 delegates across the world at the 19th World Miss University Contest that was held at the International convention Centre, (ICC) Jeju Island, South Korea on the 11th of Nov 2006, with her natural beauty and intelligence. She made it to top five and yet came back with the most celebrated award (Miss Poise Award). Amongst other six African delegate which include. Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa and Sierra Leon.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by ktemidayo: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2007
World Miss University Nigeria contest was established in 2004 for the same purpose to commemorate the UN-designated year of Peace, under the patronage of the International Association of University Presidents. The task of organizing the World Miss University Nigeria Contest was given to The Focus Productions an Event Packaging /Modeling Agency company on 114 Awolowo Road SW Ikoyi Lagos. By the Organizing Committee of the World Miss University in Seoul Korea, to run the Nigeria leg as the sole franchise holder of (World Miss University Contest) to select superior female Nigeria undergraduates with beauty and intelligence that will represent our nation at the finale contest of WMU
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by olutaiwo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2007
What is the essence of conducting an aptitude test ,if those with higher scores will not be interviewed while those with lower scores are interviewed just because they recently graduated.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by kdships(m): 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2007
Seun:

Can the private sector not build refineries and manufacturing companies? This is not the role of government!
The private sector can build these but is the government not responsible for creating a conducive environment for them? If the environment is not conducive would you build a refinery? Well, that's just one example.

@ktemidayo, what has that (WMUN06) got to do with what is discussed here?

olutaiwo:

What is the essence of conducting an aptitude test ,if those with higher scores will not be interviewed while those with lower scores are interviewed just because they recently graduated.
I guess that's because you are in the wrong place. If you graduated some years earlier, you should have at least one work experience. Add that to your resume and that should get you a job with experience and not an entry level job.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by Seun(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2007
In the name of "conducive environment", they are preventing the private sector from creating jobs in these areas.
Re: Employers, Please Stop Frustrating Job Seekers With Unnecessary Demands by amaks: 2:45pm On May 10, 2007
@ktemidayo
what has miss universe got to do with this topic?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Training Job At Old Mutual Nigeria Salary 80-100k/month / 2018/2019 Total/NNPC International Scholarship - THE GUARDIAN / How Much Does INTERSWITCH Pay For Entry Level And Mid Level?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.