Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy (17955 Views)

Those Who Practise Polygamy Live Longer Than Those In Monogamy — Tanko Yakasai / One Man, Many Wives. The Truth About Modern Day Polygamy in Nigeria / Detrimental Effect Of Polygamy On Children Upbringing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Disclaimer: Polygamy is not for everyone considering the stress and complexity not forgetting the economy tipsy turvy.This article is aimed at beaming an eagle's eyes on polygamy at large in relation to the idiosyncrasies of people about it and not intended to encourage anyone to adopt it neither does it represent the lifestyle of the writer.

I implore every reader of this article to analyze each question objectively without any form of bias so that we can have a no holds Barr approach to this age long phenomenon which has caused many marital anomalies all around the world...So lets take a candid look .

1.Could Polygamy be the answer to the prayers of a sect of single ladies.
It is believed that there are some set of ladies who have a better chance with married men?

The widowed who is in her late 30s or 40s with children,the divorced woman who is in her late 30s with children and the never married lady in her late 30s or 40s. While some ladies in this categories are fortunate to marry a fresh guy polygamy seem to be a better choice for most of the ladies rather than single never married guys. The fact is that even you reading this who believes that your marriage is very ok might just fall into the first 2 categories tomorrow..this is not a curse but a fact of life and until then,this point may not make sense to you...Pray you don't experience it.

2.Why do most women prefer polygamy in disguised form.
Have you ever wondered why many ladies prefer their husbands to keep mistresses but frown against same marrying another wife? yes i have asked many ladies that given only two options which would they prefer and they gladly chose the former and i begin to ask myself what difference does it make? Some ladies will tell you to keep your wife while they enjoy the benefits of being a mistress to you and i tend to ask who is fooling who?

3.Could Polygamy relieve stress of a married woman?.
This is one truth many of us can't shy away from. There are some marriages where the lady can't just keep up with sexual demands from the man and this has caused serious issues in the marriage and it usually gets to the point where the wife gives the man the go ahead to get another wife because she can not come and go and die grin.

4.Is it possible that Polygamy might encourage financial independence in many ladies?.
This point needs to be understood especially in this part of the world.

Do you know that most ladies do not mind if a rich hubby marries another woman? As long as he is doing his duty and she is still getting the goodies she may find it hard to leave the marriage but this is not the case for a struggling guy who will likely be reminded that she is only patching up with him.

Maybe polygamy will make the woman understand that her hubby no matter how poor he may be, might see another financially stable lady who does not need the man's money but only wants a man in her life and this will make every lady sit tight and become financially independent to avoid being a liability to the man...because MEN HATE LIABILITIES.

5.Why are Women willing participants in polygamous act?.
Can a man commit adultery with himself or become a polygamous man without the participation of a lady? In-fact many single ladies have eyes only for married men and i kept wondering why these same ladies will clamor for monogamy when the same ladies will gladly date a married man and even desire to be his Mrs....So why the hypocrisy of monogamy when it has become a norm for single ladies to snatch or share a married man.

6.Could Polygamy reduce the number of unmarried ladies.
I don't need to explain this much. It is no longer news that many ladies in their ripe ages are still single and searching but unfortunately the young men who should marry them are either still struggling or confused about what they want yet there are many married men matured enough to adequately marry two or more wives. It is believed that if Polygamy is embraced, many single ladies will find succor in the hands of some responsible married men who are capable enough to meet the emotional and maybe the financial needs of two or more ladies.

7.Could Polygamy bring about more responsive and responsible young unmarried men.
Many young guys at marriageable ages are just too nonchalant to settle down with a lady and most of them will use the economy as an excuse but if Polygamy is embraced by us,the beautiful young ladies will be taken as wives by already married men thereby forcing the single guys to brace up to settle down fast with the woman in their lives to avoid such being married off to a married man..

8.Can Polygamy reduce wife battering and mortality.
Believe it or not, for every 10 cases of a wife getting beaten or killed by her hubby,you can be certain that 8 can be linked to adultery. The question is;why should a lady go through pains because she found out that her hubby is having an extra marital affair? is her life not more important than that? however,maybe if polygamy is accepted all over the world, no woman will bother her head about a man being faithful to her which will ultimately bring about serenity into the life of the woman....This may sound ridiculous but think about it.

9.Why is polygamy acceptable in certain situations.
We have another hypocrisy when it comes to polygamy. In some cases where a lady can not bear a child for her hubby due to serious complications,she tends to give a go ahead for the man to take another wife and in the case where a lady knows she just can't be available due to many factors she gives a nod to a second wife but in a normal situation she will threaten fire should the man think about such move.

10.Can Polygamy reduce the incidence of lesbianism and zoophilism.
Ask any lesbian or zoophile you see why she is one and you can be sure to hear her tell you about a failed marriage or a failed relationship as a result of a cheating hubby or fiance. Most lesbians are in the act due to heart breaks from men but if every lady has it in their mind that polygamy is a norm, they will be ready to be in any affair with the mindset that the man may likely have another lady which will create an emotional readiness for such happening.

11.Does the Quran and bible outrightly condemn polygamy.
While our married Muslim sisters are at peace with their husbands irrespective of the number of women he marries, our Christian sisters are always quick to use the bible to counter the act of polygamy but while the bible does not clearly give a nod to polygamy,some people believed that there was no where in the bible that polygamy was condemned in clear terms and while many Bible scholars use human philosophy as regards the fact that GOD created only one woman for Adam,there is a documented evidence that those strongly loved by GOD were polygamists.

12.Is there any difference between Philandering and polygamy.
While many people believe that these two are different,i believe they are the same because in most cases, a mistress bears the man's children and gets all the attention the wife gets if not more so why fool yourself thinking you are married to one lady when in-fact your mistress is as good as your wife even if they don't stay under same roof.

13.Could the acceptance of polygamy reduce the rate of divorce cases.
Maybe If the world embraces polygamy, there will be a drastic reduction of women filing for divorce due to sexual unfaithfulness from the man as they will know before going into marriage with the man that there is a bigger possibility of him getting married to two or more wives.

This is not a one sided article but a vivid view on polygamy from a critical angle and i would be glad to read a counter view to this.

Hope this makes sense.

29 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by kingsilly(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
Following
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
WTF! In this era of Buharinomics, Some can't even feed themselves not to talk of 2 wives and possible kids.

It will work as long as the wives don't expect a penny.

10 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by misspicy(f): 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
Vanquay16:
WTF! In this era of Buharinomics, Some can't even feed themselves not to talk of 2 wives and possible kids.

It will work as long as the wives don't expect a penny.
Oh "some" irresponsible men don't expect to carter for a large family dear,their duty is limited to only procreating,while "some" desperate women don't mind slaving to train up the kids,its better than been looked down on like an outcast,the title "MRS" is the highest they can attain.

so my dear,we need not bother our heads over their choices,it's actually convinient for everyone involved grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by fairlyusedpant: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
That was what chief okafor did when he read one article like this in his village, he told himself that he must marry 10 wives, that polygamy is the best, he married ada, she gave birth to 5 children for him, he later married nkechi, she gave birth to 12 children, he told himself that he is tired of local girls, he wants to marry from all tribes, so he went to sokoto to marry aisha and rasheedat, making it 4 wives, and he went to ondo state to marry bukola, funmie and titilayo making it 7 wives, he still went ahead to calabar to marry imoh, ekatte and caro, making it 10 wives and his total children where 75 children, xo every year he use to do census for his family members to be very sure that they are complete, xo on his faithful day, he fell sick and was about to die, then he remembered that the only inheritance he has is the trouser he is wearing and the singlet, xo he called all his children and told them that'' my children , you know that my money has finished and it is only this trouser and singlet i have for you people for inheritance, so i would give... '' before he could complete his statement, he received one heavy slap from no where

well my brothers and sisters, this was the last i heard of him, chief okafor might be in heaven now with bandages and a broken hand, i just can't say, but all is well sha

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
You know it WOULD be beneficial if women could marry more than 1 man.
They have the more earning power 2 support a family in this our unequal world.
And more earned is more spent so the economy is improved aswell.
Let us considet POLYANDRY as it is the more beneficial wink

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
misspicy:

Oh "some" irresponsible men don't expect to carter for a large family dear,their duty is limited to only procreating,while "some" desperate women don't mind slaving to train up the kids,its better than been looked down on like an outcast,the title "MRS" is the highest they can attain.

so my dear,we need not bother our heads over their choices,it's actually convinient for everyone involved grin

There's nothing Irresponsible or desperate. It's the 21st century, Feminism has given women the right to work hard and act like men.

Afterall equal rights.

6 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by xynerise: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2016
All I see is a double standard article coming

5 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by ClassCaptain(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
Eja nla has landed
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by vicstar(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
You know it WOULD be beneficial if women could marry more than 1 man.
They have the more earning power 2 support a family in this our unequal world.

Let us considet POLYANDRY as it is the more beneficial wink

• • • • • Sometimes when I read ya post, I wonder if yo a stoner cry
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by dollyjoy(f): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
undecided
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
vicstar:

• • • • • Sometimes when I read ya post, I wonder if yo a stoner cry
What's the matter?
You can be 1 of my 3 Husbands grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
Following undecided
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by jamalnation(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2016

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by vicstar(m): 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
What's the mattet?
You can be 1 of my 3 Husbands grin grin

• • • • • I just can't wrap ma mind around you being a "polyandra" lipsrsealed pls don't nurture such ideas it ain't cool atall undecided
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
vicstar:

• • • • • I just can't wrap ma mind around you being a "polyandra" lipsrsealed pls don't nurture such ideas it ain't cool atall undecided
grin grin grin grin I'm replacing you!!!
Seriously though ,does polygamy bother you just as bad ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by vicstar(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
grin grin grin grin I'm replacing you!!!
Seriously though ,does polygamy bother you just as bad ?

uhm I know yo kiddin' wink

Sincerely, it does cry most especially when the nigga ain't buoyant enought to take good care of 'em
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
vicstar:

uhm I know yo kiddin' wink

Sincerely, it does cry most especially when the nigga ain't buoyant enought to take good care of 'em
Good Good. You'll make a very sensible husband number 2
just ta let you know,that reply you gave moved you up from 3 wink
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by misspicy(f): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
Vanquay16:

There's nothing Irresponsible or desperate. It's the 21st century, Feminism has given women the right to work hard and act like men.

Afterall equal rights.

Feminism

in this part of the world?
Vanquay it's NIGERIA not the US
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by RoyalBlak007: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
Embrace Polygamy?

bad idea to me..

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by vicstar(m): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
ButteredBiscuit:
Good Good. You'll make a very sensible husband number 2
just ta let you know,that reply you gave moved you up form 3 wink

• • • • • Nah, I wanna be the one undecided and the only one cool

I don't share my toolz, ama jealous handyman cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by misspicy(f): 8:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
cheesy cheesy

awesome.. cheesy

lemme call for pizza delivery cheesy

Yay! Pizza!! hehe!!!

what you think about the topic of discuss bunny
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Toks2008(m): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
Insightful i guess.

1 Like

Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by RoyalBlak007: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
misspicy:

Yay! Pizza!! hehe!!!

what you think about the topic of discuss bunny

polygamy....very much not my thing

heard brutal incidents about them....yo concur with the o.p?
Re: 13 hypocrisies and Idiosyncrasies of Polygamy by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
vicstar:

• • • • • Nah, I wanna be the one undecided and the only one cool

I don't share my toolz, ama jealous handyman cheesy
grin grin that's cute..... and slightly disturbing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family? / Sisi Quadri Biography: Wife, Age, Net Worth, Cause Of Death / How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.