Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ (3793 Views)

BBNaija Cee-C: Things You May Not Know About Cynthia Nwadiora / BBNaija 2018 Bambam: 10 Things You May Not Know About The Ex Housemate / Kemen: "Tboss Lied Against Me, I Did Not Put My Hand In Her" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by aalangel(f): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
A few times every generation, an actor or actress emerges whose performances can change the way the public thinks about an issue.

Leleti Khumalo is such an artist. She captured our hearts as children in the 1988 film ‘Sarafina’.

Although she has managed to live life away from the limelight, here are a few facts that we managed to collect about this brilliant star.

1. When Leleti auditioned for the role of ‘Sarafina’ in 1987 , she was only 15 years and blew everyone away with her perfomance.

2. Shortly after the movie was done, Leleti got married to the very director Mbongeni Ngema, who we see from the film hitting on her on countless occasions.

3. Leleti who is now divorced from Ngema has shown regret over and over , calling the marriage a disgusting experience, and expressing remorse for having married an already married man.

4. In 1993, she released her first album named Leleti and The Sarafina and dedicated it to the late Mohammed Ali.

5. She starred in major movies after that,
Hotel Rwanda and Yesterday.

6. Leleti is now married to a business man, Skhuthazo, he is two years her junior and together they have twins, totalling to three children for Leleti one from ex husband Mbongeni.

7. Leleti now works as a radio presenter and has moved on to film producing and directing full time.

8. Leleti also suffers from a skin condition ‘vitiligo’ a skin condition resulting in white patches on the body. It is caused by the body attacking its own pigment cells.

9. Leleti had two miscarriages before she discovered she was carrying her twins, a moment she says was the happiest in her entire life.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by aalangel(f): 8:56pm On Aug 15, 2016
More... Time really flies..

Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by aalangel(f): 8:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
10. Leleti recieved a Tony award nomination for Sarafina as well as an NAACP Image award for best stage actress.

11. She is largely respected and admired by upcoming and professional actors in South Africa and beyond, many attribute their success to her.

omgvoice.com/entertainment/leleti-actress-sarafina/?geoip&country=KE

Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by amokeme(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
"Get ready mama prepare for your freedom...... freedom is coming tomorrow...!"
I so much love the movie sarafina. Time really flies smiley
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by YorubaWoman: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
hmmmmm

Sarafina!
not sure kids of nowadays knw about the film Sarafina

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by Kingsasian(m): 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
One of my favourite movies then as far back as in the late 90s. I never knew she is years older than I. I thought we are age mates o. .lol. "Sarafina, beautiful mama, pretty lady"

2 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by Ekugbeh(m): 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
One of ma best movies Sarafina.......
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by KINGinVAHALA: 6:24am On Aug 17, 2016
Kingsasian:
One of my favourite movies then as far back as in the late 90s. I never knew she is years older than I. I thought we are age mates o. .lol. "Sarafina, beautiful mama, pretty lady"

Good morning boss!
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by Kingsasian(m): 8:13am On Aug 17, 2016
KINGinVAHALA:
Good morning boss!
good morning my oga
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by KINGinVAHALA: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
Kingsasian:
good morning my oga
How is everything bro? Sent you countless messages on whatsapp but none went through, hope no prob?
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by OgidiOlu3(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
I still have the movie on my laptop. It's a classic. Sometimes, I just watch it for the music. I had a crush on her back then. Well, I had a crush on every pretty female celeb then grin. Her smile hasn't changed at all though.
Re: 11 Things You Did Not Know About Leleti, The Actress Who Played ‘sarafina ’ by passionate88: 5:18am On Aug 27, 2016
Never knew she acted in the movie hotel Rwanda.

(1) (Reply)

Download Latest Trending Movie : Black Panther (2018) / Free Online Tv For Slow Internet Users Finallly Here / How I Watched Dstv Live On My Phone Freely.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.