Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu (2313 Views)

Igbos And Political Miscalculation>>all Igbos Are Gullible / How Jonathan Was Deceived, Sabotaged By His Own Cabinet, Others – Wike / Why Was There Little Call For Biafra When Jonathan Was In Power? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2016
The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan of Bayelsa State that was President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria looked very different from the Goodluck Ebele Jonathan that we see today going about the world rallying support for his upcoming projects. I see him fatter, much more confident and a lot happier than he ever looked when he was President. My memories bring back to life the passionate campaign of Jonathan in 2011 that got all of us emotional and sympathetic to his agenda. His story of poverty gave us hope that even in our darkest hour, there might just be glory around the corner. We voted for him because we saw a man who had paid his dues and should have been able to lead us right. How wrong do we say we were?

We saw his peacefulness, his sincerity of purpose, his rise from nothingness to glory…yes we saw his ambition for Nigeria, his love and desire to see a greater Nigeria and his passion to see the poor live better lives. What we failed to see, was his timidity…that his weaker tendency, that inability he possessed to cage the cabal that is holding our Nation to ransom. He was peaceful but weak; sincere but not bold; ambitious but not courageous. His government made some of the best pro-people policies that the Nation ever witnessed. Agricultural Aids were delivered to the real farmers…mosquito nets got to the grassroots…Health Insurance got to the real poor and the aged…we even bullied him into reducing pump prices when economic realities dictated otherwise! But then, was he not brought to his knees by some cabals? Pity!
He could not discipline his party men because they seemed too strong for him; could not caution some of his Ministers because they were his superiors before luck shined on him; could not give the Nation a proper direction because we already lacked discipline to a point where timidity and passion could no longer rule us. He did not fail; his walk in glory today testifies so afterall; but he did not achieve his desires, because Nigeria is too dead for a gentleman to wake!

Muhammadu Buhari!!!! The same Muhammadu Buhari that campaigned before the 2015 elections is now looking different from the one we are seeing today. I saw during the campaigns, a man who seemed to have control of all the dynamics that our Nation required to move forward. He seemed to know everything about how to end insecurity; he had solutions to our suffering; he had solutions to virtually every problem we had at the time…and he sure did a good job boasting about his abilities to us. He was called the’no-nonsense General’; the Messiah sent to set us free; the experienced hand that would solve all of our problems. Our people voted for this man because they saw in him, a man who would take charge and lead us out of what people perceived as the wretchedness of the Jonathan era.
We saw a man who could bring back the Chibok girls in 2015…today we see a man whom Shekau is fooling around with.

We saw a man who would not take nonsense from anybody and will send any bad person straight to jail…today we see a man who would allow the FG under his watch rise in support of a criminal offence of budget padding by publicly declaring that our 2016 budget was not padded, when all evidences say otherwise! We saw a man whom Utomi believed in…today we see a man whom Utomi doubts his capacity to lead Nigeria through. We saw a man whom Falana expressly endorsed…today we see a man whom Falana believes is now condoning corruption cover-ups like the PDP. We saw a man who would make our lives easier in a short time…today we see a man who seem to be lost as to how best he should lead us!

What we saw in Muhammadu Buhari was a capable General who would mouth it into everyone’s ears that he had all the antidotes to the Nation’s problems. What we failed to see was that he was just a vain talker, who made so much noise but was capable of little! We failed to see that he was just a talker who knew but little about the situation of the Nation he was aiming to lead. We see confusion and helplessness in his style today because he sold us vanity; and that is just a pity!

He has not yet failed, at least until the end of this his first tenure. But then...will he not grossly under-perform if he continues with his vanity (more talk and less action)? We only can prayerfully expect!

My Nigerian people, una wado oh! We saw hope in Jonathan and failed to see his timidity! We again saw capacity in Buhari and failed to see his vanity! How come we are so good at making mistakes? Is something wrong with our perception or our reasoning? Are we too politically immature or ignorant? Oh no…what we have is not perceptive defects; what we do have is persistent gullibility when politics is the topic. How can we then vote for a man who would give us solutions when we cannot sensibly determine whose timidity will combine well with vanity to give us positivity?

UNFORTUNATELY FOR US, WE ARE SEEKING SOLUTIONS MOST IMPORTANTLY, WITHOUT FIRST TAKING CARE OF OUR S.TUPIDITY AND GULLIBILITY!

God help Nigeria and Nigerians!

cc: Lalasticlala
Seun
Barcanista

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Zikavirus(m): 12:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Buhari no go die better.
Buhari God go punish you.
Buhari don kill us...
.....Those are the voices of the poor masses who buhari has impoverished, wrecked and make thier lives a living_Hell.
Feel free to contact him on twitter @mbuhari
its hashtag #impeachBuhari

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by thedarksider: 12:16am On Aug 16, 2016
op,you arenot serious....

jonathan is chopping your money and getting fat,and you are apllausing him...

anyhow,i know jonathan used juju and prayers on you people......or have you forgoting how he was jumping up and down to one church and the others,consulting the occult??....you think prayers and juju doesnt work,especialy in dollars??....

i dont care...make una just stop trying to give the world the imppresion that all nigerians hate buhari now..

say a part of nigeria,50% of nigerians,or something...but stop speaking for all of us....

or are you telepatic??...do you know what all those that voted buhari think now??...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

anyhow,i know jonathan used juju and prayers on you people......or have you forgoting how he was jumping up and down to one church and the others,consulting the occult??....you think prayers and juju doesnt work,especialy in dollars??....

i dont care...make una just stop trying to give the world the imppresion that all nigerians hate buhari now..

say a part of nigeria,50% of nigerians,or something...but stop speaking for all of us....

or are you telepatic??...do you know what all those that voted buhari think now??...

Did you read the post at all? Some of you are so hateful about GEJ now that once you see his name, you just must post derogatory comments!

Please take time to read the post, some more time to digest it...you should see the balance then!

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by AnodaIT(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

Zombie spotted,
He doesn't need any brain to comprehend a sentence, all he is looking for is the keyword Jonathan and he starts masturbating

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by thedarksider: 1:01am On Aug 16, 2016
AnodaIT:

Zombie spotted,
He doesn't need any brain to comprehend a sentence, all he is looking for is the keyword Jonathan and he starts masturbating

jonathan??....tahhh...jonathan is rich now......he bribed all possible elites to look the other way......

youuu,have to suffer it now....are you happy now??....

me,am happy....not that i even had it more better sef in jonathans time....i even had it more worser!!!....

why the hell should i wish him back??..............

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by oduastates: 1:21am On Aug 16, 2016
I see someone wailing. They have blocked your thieving avenue.
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by bjtinz: 1:38am On Aug 16, 2016
Both GEJ and PMB have no business ruling Nigeria

end of

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by tomakint: 1:39am On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:
Cowards die 100 times before their deaths undecided its a pity despite the fact that the truth is staring you in the face you are still pretending not to see it. Tell me what is working in the Country as we speak now if not extreme hardship. It seems Nigerians are meant to keep repeating the perennial mistakes of choosing wrong leaders. Unfortunately you came in here to tag people who are not deaf to voice of reasons "wailers" not forgetting that we all are in this deep shiiit together.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by MENZPRIDE(m): 1:40am On Aug 16, 2016
"Another year has come and now you want my trust once more-oo...
It be like say they want to tell us another story again-oo............................."
---- 2Baba.

Believe me, another election would come and we would still be deceived by: a New Slogan, a New Catch-phrase, Ethnicity, Religious or Tribal Sentiments etc.
May God help us!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by thedarksider: 1:42am On Aug 16, 2016
tomakint:

Cowards die 100 times before their deaths undecided its a pity despite the fact that the truth is staring you in the face you are still pretending not to see it. Tell me what is working in the Country as we speak now if not extreme hardship. It seems Nigerians are meant to keep repeating the perennial mistakes of choosing wrong leaders. Unfortunately you came in here to tag people who are not deaf to voice of reasons "wailers" not forgetting that we all are in this deep shiiit together.

make una believe what una want,we believe what we want...deal??.....dont talk for us no more...its annoying.....

boko his finish...

our pensioners are getting noticed...roads are been buildt...2 naija bridge..
the east is been noticed.....power-plants growing everywere,pedesterian bridges in important points....schools are been reformed....
leaders are held accountable...death penalty is underway....nobody is pushing us around no more.....we have strong allies...
rest of africa look up to us again,,,,bandits are been hunted..militants are warned...weapons are flooding in...and many more.......................

and all that just in 2 years.....!!!!!!

are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu kidding me??...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by eleojo23: 3:56am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Jengem: 4:22am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

Only zombies believe in buhari

The article is spot on but a zombie can never get it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by kossyablaze(m): 6:14am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

Just negodu... Can u imagine?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by chukslawrence(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Boot urself out accidentally nah. I know say money wey you dey see no go gree you. SMH
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Histrings08(m): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2016
One bottle of kick and start for the op

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by chukslawrence(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2016
9ja with one chance Presidents be like....
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by omenka(m): 6:50am On Aug 16, 2016
oduastates:
Didn't wanna comment on the thread but for this post... So so true brother!!!

Do you know most of those, especially the ones working in FG establishments, wailing over their choice at the polls are doing so because of the implementation of TSA?? Some of my big uncles and aunts keep weeping over the admin because, according to them, "Buhari's TSA has spoiled everything. No money anywhere!!"

Simply put- corruption became an acceptable way of life for Nigerians. Now that we have an admin trying to wean us off the bad attitude, we feel our means of livelihood is under attack!

What a pity.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2016
This was why an eminent Economist known as Milton Friedman criticized the efficiency of democracy. He based his premise on irrationality of the voter. His argument was that voters are highly uninformed about many political issues.

Sometimes I feel that autocracy is what Nigeria needs, not democracy.
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Oga Dayo, the rest of them are zombies jare, no dey use semantics for us, talk am as e be. At least zombie isn't a banned or censored word on NL just yet.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 16, 2016
omenka:

Do you know most of those, especially the ones working in FG establishments, wailing over their choice at the polls are doing so because of the implementation of TSA?? Some of my big uncles and aunts keep weeping over the admin because, according to them, "Buhari's TSA has spoiled everything. No money anywhere!!"

Simply put- corruption became an acceptable way of life for Nigerians. Now that we have an admin trying to wean us off the bad attitude, we feel our means of livelihood is under attack!

What a pity.
wrong. Jonathan established and began the implementation the TSA but not in full scale. and Buhari lied to us when he averred that Jonathan failed to implement it.

2. The pilot TSA scheme commenced in 2012 using a unified structure of accounting for 217 government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs, for accountability and transparency in public fund management.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/199725-15-things-know-treasury-single-account-tsa.html

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by orisa37: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2016
Good luck, a case of Cunning man die cunning man bury him. Buhari, with all his Hitleric Moves, will soon learn that Nigeria is mightier than he could fathom. They both toy with Nigeria without any serious sense..
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Izonpikin: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2016
The guy is correct....We should take care of our gullibility....We are highly gullible and docile in this country irrespective of our degree of education. ..

Ok we didn't want gej and the next thing we have is an ex dictator in this modern times...gullibility. ..

Pdp thieves shift grounds to apc and again gullible people expect change....change from where??... angry...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Redoil: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
omenka:

What a pity.
stealing gej achievement and given it to bohari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
GeJ has got faults...lots of faults.
But i, my family, ma young friends whose biz are just an inch from collapsing now, My Unclez wife in Imo who cant glimpse her salary in a month from now....will kill, Swear, go to the moon for GEJ to come back..

Its that simple....we wish to turn back the hands of time.

To erase the fact that Buhari arrived at the scene. I dont want anyone to keep tellin me its not his fault that oil prices drop....I just prefer GEJ and his sound minister NOI

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by omenka(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2016
blueto:
wrong. Jonathan established and began the implementation the TSA but not in full scale. and Buhari lied to us when he averred that Jonathan failed to implement it.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/features-and-interviews/199725-15-things-know-treasury-single-account-tsa.html
So tell us, Mr Buhari Lied, to what extent was it implemented under Jonathan?? I'd really like to know.

Also, what exactly prevented Jonathan from FULLY implementing it when he had the best economic team in the world??

Provide me cogent answers with sources just like this and not some sourceless mumbo-jumbo.

Thanks.

Edit:

Went through the source and saw that the "pilot scheme" of the TSA commenced in 2012 with a meagre 217 MDAs.

Now, there's no gainsaying their compliance would be nearly ZERO given how indifferent the admin was to issues of financial prudence. But be that as it may, what was the program's status for the next THREE YEARS Jonathan remained the president before his exit??

Buhari came in and under ONE YEAR we have full compliance and implementation over all government MDAs with some states adopting same!

So, the question remains, what exactly prevented Mr Jonathan from implementing it fully

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by fulanmafia: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2016
Don't spread lies this early in the morning.

Jonathan NEVER initiated the TSA and still failed to implement or enforce it several times despite several failed deadlines, for reasons not far from those enumerated by the writer of the above article. The TSA policy is boldly enshrined in sections 80 and 162 of the 1999 constitution and was never initiated by the IB.

In fact, not until August 11, 2015 when President Muhammadu Buhari ordered immediate stoppage of multiple accounts, the Federal Government had, for at-least 48 years, breached its own rule on e-collection and management of national revenues. Beginning with the Lyttleton Constitution, the 1954 document that conferred the status of a Federation on Nigeria, the central government has always been mandated to operate a single revenue account for the country. Forty-five (45) years after, section 80 sub-section 1 and section 162, sub-section 1 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) spelt out clearly on how national revenue shall be collected and managed.

Refer to the published academic research paper by Tari et al. (2016).

http://onlineresearchjournals.org/JSS/pdf/2016/Tari%20et%20al..pdf

The link you provided merely outlines what TSA is and when its plan for implementation was initiated and gives zero proof that the policy was either implemented or enforced. GEJ was simply too much of a weakling to ensure that.

blueto:

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by omenka(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2016
fulanmafia:
Don't spread lies this early in the morning.

GEJ NEVER initiated the TSA and still failed to implement or enforce it several times despite several failed deadlines, for reasons not far from those enumerated by the writer of the above article. The TSA policy is boldly enshrined in sections 80 and 162 of the 1999 constitution and was never initiated by the IB.

In fact, not until August 11, 2015 when President Muhammadu Buhari ordered immediate stoppage of multiple accounts, the Federal Government had, for at-least 48 years, breached its own rule on e-collection and management of national revenues. Beginning with the Lyttleton Constitution, the 1954 document that conferred the status of a Federation on Nigeria, the central government has always been mandated to operate a single revenue account for the country. Forty-five (45) years after, section 80 sub-section 1 and section 162, sub-section 1 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) spelt out clearly on how national revenue shall be collected and managed.

Refer to the published academic research paper by Tari et al. (2016).

http://onlineresearchjournals.org/JSS/pdf/2016/Tari%20et%20al..pdf

The link you provided merely outlines what TSA is and when it was initiated and gives zero proof that the policy was either implemented or enforced. GEJ was simply too much of a weakling to ensure that.

You dey mind am?? I've edited my post- let him come back and respond.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by omenka(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2016
Redoil:
stealing gej achievement and given it to bohari
Same regurgitated lie as the previous poster. Go back and answer the questions I raised in my second post let's deal with it if you are up for debate with facts.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by fulanmafia: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2016
omenka:
Same regurgitated lie as the previous poster. Go back and answer the questions I raised in my second post let's deal with it if you are up for debate with facts.

You're joking right? cheesy

All you'll get back is 'Agatu, Zombie, Yoloba' etc.
Cheap data phones and bundles are a beesh.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by omenka(m): 7:41am On Aug 16, 2016
fulanmafia:

You're joking right? cheesy

All you'll get back is 'Agatu, Zombie, Yoloba' etc.
Cheap data phones and bundles are a beesh.
I wanna give them the benefit of the doubt just this once. Let's see how it goes- whether they chicken out or confirm what you just said.
Re: Jonathan Was Timid; Buhari Is Vain; The Rest Of Us Are Gullible - 'Dayo Oderinu by shukuokukobambi: 7:45am On Aug 16, 2016
tomakint:

Truly we are all in this shiit together and if/when it gets better, we will also benefit it together cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable! 25 Human Skulls Found In Militants’ Shrine (photos) / Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Freed From Kuje Prison (See Photos). / Photo Of Arewa Youth Leader Everyone Is Talking About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.