Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) (20676 Views)

Coming Back From The Dead, A Religious Miracle? A Doctor's Perspective. / Sex Scandal: I Stand By All My Claims, Stephanie Otobo blasts Apostle Suleman / Relationship / Religious Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
op,if I were you, I'll be truthful to myself.... were you actually dedicated to God while on campus? were you living a sin-free life? did you actually listen and read Gods word with the hope of understanding? if you are truthful all your answers to the above mentioned questions will be NO!

tell me how do you want to know and experience God if you don't sincerely seek him with all your heart?
I feel like weeping for you bro.because its a foolish thing to believe that there is a creature without a creator...and a creator demands worship from the creatures....if I were you,I will make out time to go to a quite environment and sincerely seek to know God,through his world...if you think God will come to your house to tell you who he is,you will have that thought forever,because he better things doing...selah

seun,your matter tire me.I never knew that you are an atheist o...maybe that's why you removed 'oluwa' from 'seun' oluwaseun,what shall it profit you,if you gain this world and loose your soul? if you think your successes are as a result of your hard work only then you are in error sir.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Fox14(f): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
Im soo sorry about your parents. But please know that our God is Faithful, Merciful and Kind. Remember Job in the Bible, he lost more . From what i can deduce, the devil is trying to steal you away from Gods presence. God loves you so much and He's waiting desperately to hear from you again!. And about the Atheist part, Please note that IT IS BETTER TO SERVE GOD AND IN THE END REALIZE THAT THERE IS NO GOD,THAN FOR YOU NOT TO BELIEVE IN GOD AND FIND OUT IN THE END THAT GOD TRULY EXIST. Imagine the kind of celebration that would be in HEAVEN the day you become BORN AGAIN. Just like the story of the prodigal son, God's arms are open WIDE for you, waiting to show you LOVE. GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by olarid01: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
let me tell you brother, there is God, look around you and you will find proofs.

I am a Muslim , but I won't advice you on which religion you should practice. What I will advice is a research on religions(not some crappy or biased view of people) and decide on which one is the way

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
ComplexManifolds:

so you're now an atheist, but you unfriend Evilchapterz on Facebook a long time ago for preaching atheism and I remember you were among those raining insults on him back then. hmm.

I never insulted evilchapters or unfriended him. I do admit we used to argue on a daily but it never degenerated into insult hurling.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by DanielGb(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
@Memesticmeme

Perplexed by the manner of reason here.
More Atheist than believers.

Who is a god?
What makes a god?
Where is the god?

The answer to the above is LIFE AND DEATH.

A God is a saviour. who saves the people from death. Gives more life to his believer and what they own.

What makes Him God is the power to save, to bring life into anything. A person's life, career, marriage, family, business, future.

Where is the god?
A god is invincible. untouchable. A saviour should be unharm-able.

What joins us all together is FAITH.

we all believe in something.

God exist - is a believe.
God doesn't exist - is another believe.

The truth:
God exist.
you are a god yourself. with limited powers. The Almighty God have everlasting powers.

Everlasting: Forever life.

Personally, when I was seeking admission into higher institution. I develop this same thought. infact, I made my mind up not to serve or call any God again. but, when I thought it was all over, 3 different admission bang on my desk without doing anywahala.

It was then I realise that faith in God and yourself is what matters. No be by just going to church or mosque. God is everywhere.

Problems can make anyone confused.
Totally confused. The truth is, problems exist before the creation of Humans and will forever exist. As a business student and Business owner to be, that is what we profit from. Entrepreneurs call it Opportunity.

Problems are there. But you have to hold to your own. Have a MISSION. Anyman without this is render useless and have no significant contributions to make.

The Church calls it Purpose. Motivational speakers call it Goal. I call it MISSION. it natural that way. A reason to live for.

Your problems in school are caused by you not God. You lost your Mission. Watch soilders, they understand that word 'MISSION' and they don't joke with it.

God is not responsible for your flaws. You forgot, He is our helper not the doer. You have to do the work yourself.

one thing he requested from us: FAITH.
faith-in-God.
faith-in-you

because you are a small god.

A man with a mission will impose is will upon humanity. He doesn't care what anybody says, he stay true to what he wants or desire and seeks it without thinking too much.

God exist. you are one.
do you believe in yourself?
Faith is all you need to trust God.
He can do all things.

Most people serve God because of the fear that has been created in there mind. like He is a contract killer if you don't obey Him. No! He is not.

What kills us is what we do. You stole from the governnent purse, then you began to ran all over the world for your dere life. You killed those who are going to stop you. You lied to those who are your subordibates, etc. We design it the way we want it to be.

To me He is my helper and saviour. Who gives life to all I have.

MY TESTIMONY:
I took the best among the three admissions offered me. I went to the Polytechnic and graduated with a Distinction. Now, I am in the University. Still doing great things.

My Watch Word:
Everything depends on me.

The me today,
i'm not the too Churchy type. Go to Church as more of a Believer. A Man of Faith, cos that's what matter.

What is my Faith:
'All things are possible, Only if you believe."

The second one is WORK.
Very necessary.

Faith
&
Work
Makes you.

Prayer is what distinguish you.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Longman6(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
I think I know where you are coming from, you felt God was not there for you, but the truth is God is real, I had a similar case while in secondary school, I prayed fasted yet the worst happened,after then I felt cheated, but later on I got to know what was wrong, guy this world is spiritual, don't be deceived, and you are complaining as if 2:1 is automatic employment, guy get back to God in Faith, he still loves you, you escape death every day, God is still with you
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by 989900: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
Darween88:
[s]op,if I were you, I'll be truthful to myself.... were you actually dedicated to God while on campus? were you living a sin-free life? did you actually listen and read Gods word with the hope of understanding? if you are truthful all your answers to the above mentioned questions will be NO!

tell me how do you want to know and experience God if you don't sincerely seek him with all your heart?
I feel like weeping for you bro.because its a foolish thing to believe that there is a creature without a creator...and a creator demands worship from the creatures....if I were you,I will make out time to go to a quite environment and sincerely seek to know God,through his world...if you think God will come to your house to tell you who he is,you will have that thought forever,because he better things doing...selah

seun,your matter tire me.I never knew that you are an atheist o...maybe that's why you removed 'oluwa' from 'seun' oluwaseun,what shall it profit you,if you gain this world and loose your soul? if you think your successes are as a result of your hard work only then you are in error sir[/s].
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Mujtahida: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Read your Bible very well, ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, pray to the silent and unspeaking God of Christianity (who though omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent speaks to you through a book written thousands of years ago or through human emissaries who most times have no inkling about you or the issues in your life) study the life of Jesus, try to live by the things He taught, read the epistles and follow the Gospel mandates, go to church(anyone of the metastasized expression of the cold, dead abstraction called church) fellowship with Christians and attend church PROGRAMS (that's just what they are) and I assure you that three things will most likely happen to you:
1. Either you have a deep, personal encounter with the living God and enjoy a sense of spiritual connection to him and find a life that is both spiritually challenging and satisfying. OR
2.You become cast in the general mold of most Christians who are trapped in the dark guts of Christianity and who worship a God they do not know, a God who does not speak in a way the congregation or individuals can unanimously or personally, convincingly and spiritually affirm as the voice of God, a God who hides himself from thousands upon thousands of his beloved children and reveals himself to a select and chosen few who speak on his behalf to his other children- those select few open churches, sell spiritual goods and become fat cats while the mass of his other children are sometimes physically starved and always generally spiritually unfed, malnourished, empty, poisoned, confused, harassed and hassled and exhausted . You become like other christians who pretend and become hypocritical and critical as a way to cope with the unnatural demands and draconian laws and commands of an absent God, a God who has all the power and wisdom yet his will is notoriously difficult to know and excruciatingly hard to do(in fact most Christians instinctively fear knowing his will), whose mercies endures forever, who commands to love your enemies yet will send unbelievers and his enemies to hell forever, who fights wars on behalf of a small, wicked tribe of sleek liars and thieves, a race of knaves called the Jews, who commands that man should not kill yet mandates Israel to kill her neighbours (and mind you the Jews are still at this supposedly divine task of genocidal annihilation of the gentiles as they-the Jews- drive towards their messianic ambition of ruling and subjugating the whole world under their jackboot) a God who promises eternal life yet cannot disclose the cure to earthlife threatening diseases like AIDS, Polio, Malaria etc. You become like Christians (few of them. The rest read devotionals) who read a book called the Bible to hear the voice of their all powerful heavenly father, Christians who try to emulate the lives of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob with whom they have no connection whatsoever- men who lived in a time and culture radically different from theirs, men who never went to church, who heard and interacted with God directly or you go to church where the practice and believe is a toxic mishmash of Man made commands which actually bears little or no resemblance with the beliefs and practices of the early churches. You go to churches where the presence of God usually manifests itself as an absence, where music is used to dull the mind and anaesthesize the soul, churches whose ministers do not even have a threadbare knowledge of the Gospel and the person and character of Christ is blindsided. Churches where truly transformed people are a rare find, churches where starched people with starchy smiles and dead souls congregate mindlessly Sunday after Sunday, year after year, praying, hoping, yearning, believing, crying, pleading, supplicating, grovelling, fasting, testifying, giving, sacrificing, loosing and binding the same demons, dancing, evangelising, preaching and waiting for rapture rapture, rapture OR

3. You come to terms with the idea that the God of the Bible is a Jewish fraud, a tribal deity and an enemy of the Gentiles in the old testament but a universal God and lover of the same gentiles in the new testament, a God that is nothing but a fabrication and gross falsification of the true concept of God by the greatest propagandist and liars. You come to realise that for every instance where it is said that God spoke or speaks it is always in a far off place covered by the mist of time which admits of no form of positive, verifiable proof or that it is man who speaks, who writes, who edits, and compiles the so called holy book in the name of God. You come to realise that the Bible is full of incredible, mind-boggling events that suddenly stopped or ceased to happen today- talking animals, God throwing down hailstones from heaven on isreal's enemies, ravens feeding a prophet, oil running unexhaustively in a cruise, David's mighty men killing 300 or 800 persons in one encounter! (Even Hollywood is yet to perform such an outstanding cinematic feat) etc etc . Yet the same sun that rose millennials ago still rises and sets today and will do so tomorrow, the rains still fall, the elements and the laws of the universe stay the same. You come to realise that if you were a Muslim or Buddhist or Hindu reading these incredible things in the Bible you will treat them with great scepticism or as pure myths and legends. You come to realise that alot depends on you, that prayer is rarely answered, that truly heaven helps those who helps themselves (which is the same as saying there is no help but self help) that as far as this life is concerned Christianity really offers no great advantage over other systems of believe, that we are all subject to the same universal, impartial laws of the universe, that religion is useful because of the hope of reward it offers and the escape from punishment it promises in the hereafter and yet that the old testament never talked about a burning hell for sinners and a glorious heaven for believers, that all the characters in the Bible whether for good or for evil lived their lives and you ought, indeed you owe yourself the duty also to live your live, uniquely, intensely and joyfully for it is yours. You come to realise that you have to face your fears and surmount them, that you can heal your body through the hard task of consistently thinking positive thoughts. That you need not obey the external commands of a God who usually speaks through third parties and crushes the heart's desire for a one on one, personal intimate word, you realise that if God speaks directly and consistently to all, religions, churches, man made directives, programs become unnecessary. That it is better to listen to your heart and learn how to use your subconscious powers. That this one life is the one you know and really really know. So live it up. Be happy. Be you. Be bold. Be free.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by musicwriter(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
@Memesticmeme

Ok it all started when I was little, I was raised by a Muslim father who later got a divorce from my mum and since I was a mum's pet i moved out with her,she happen to be a Christian (cele) but when we moved out and got to our new place we couldn't find a cele church around so we attended a new generation church at that time. After losing my beloved mother just before my admission into the university I became a serious Christian in my 100 level and soon became an exco in the campus fellowship in my 200 level but being too churchy soon got me into trouble with my very low 3rd class cgpa so in 300 level I dumped the fellowship and was able to move my gpa to 3rd class upper (lol).

God has nothing to do with religion. You can still believe in God without being a member of any religion.

In my finals, I got a house off campus and moved in with a roommate who was once a Christian and now an atheist. We would argue for long hours about religion and God and I soon got to find out that sometimes the dude was right about both. Soon I managed to graduate (with a 2:2 of course) and soon realized I could have done better if not for my churchy attitude during my early years as an undergraduate. I'd secretly blame myself and the God I served while on campus for my failure. Now in 2 days time I'd be 20 years of age and I'm almost through with my NYSC programme next month and I'm not sure if I believe in God anymore Note I still go to church most time when I'm under compulsion to go or I just feel like. I had some events that I feel might have triggered this new belief system of mine e.g:

If indeed you believed in God, nothing will convince you there's no God. In fact, if I get to meet atheists face-to-face I'll explain them and they'll come to believe God.

I lost my mum and five years after that I lost dad too ( lost them both at critical points in my life. I lost mum when I was barely in ss3 at age 14 and dad a month to my convocation ate age 19.)

Death is a natural process, its exactly the same thing as being born. Death is as good as birth. Its nothing to worry about as its not the ultimate end.

Even in the bible you claim you preached, Jesus didn't guaranty you wouldn't have trouble. Jesus said " In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world". John 16:33.

I always feel like if I hadn't been churchy I know I would have graduated with at least a 2:1 cos it took me 3 semesters to take my results from 3rd class to 2:2.

You wasn't serious with your education, that's why you didn't get a good grade. If you was foolish enough to go preaching instead of reading your books, then, you should have yourself to blame, not God.

I saw an article on fp today about one Taiwo Gold who recently denounced Islam and is now an atheist and trust me I see reasons with what the dude said cos I have most of those things in mind too and I had always talked and argued about them with my atheist roommate in school.

People have mid age crises, and that's what you and that guy are passing through. But, you didn't understand what it means to believe in God, cause if you do you'll continue to believe in God, no matter what happens.

Christians say Jesus is the way and Muslims will end in hell and Muslims say Allah's got no son just servants and Christians should brace themselves for janamah (pardon my spelling but the traslation is HELL) so where does that live the sangho and eledumare worshipers?

That's the more reason you should know religion is simply man's efforts to explain God. God himself has nothing to do with religion.

Those are the few and major events that I think might have got me in this confused state of mine. Please help me out. Is there God Which way is the way? Is there Hell?? Is there an afterlife?? Please answer this questions with proofs please. ( please ignore the errors in this article) mod please help me ooooo

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence of proof. And its acceptable even in law courts. However, there're evidence everywhere around you, including yourself!. Let me ask you; where did your intelligence come from?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by charlyb007: 7:38pm On Aug 16, 2016
God is still alive he won't fail u,the bible says weeping endures for s nite ,but joy comes in d morning.stay connected to God he surely see u tru.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by plaetton: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
ZuzuMan:
grin grin grin

Why does your devil have to have a brown skin ?

You see the root of the Blackman's problems? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hehehehehe!

Seeing how complex the world and universe is, and how mighty the oceans and skies are, Only a fool will say that there is no God.

U had poor grades in school cos u misplaced ur priority and forgot what took u there in d first place. Such poor grades too would still result when u socialize in excess.

U said u were serious wit campus fellowships buh I doubt u. U jst attended for attending sake and u neva had an encounter wit God. There is God and there is only one way to access Him, and that way is through his only begotten son Jesus. He is the way, the truth and the life, He so loved u such that He gave up His son to save u from the fire of hell.

Instead of contemplating if there is hell or not, I advise u take God seriously cos when u die without christ, there is no repentance, no coming back and absolutely no way to right ur wrongs. Do it now while u can.

And another good newz is dat the God we serve is a living God, he is Almighty and alll powerful. Come closer to Him and u'll hv an encounter wit him.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by amparas(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ask Tyler Henry
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Henz24(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
WhatOnEarth:
Sorry for your troubles. But I will tell you to CALM DOWN. Kulu temper. No shaking for your side.
John 16.33 tells us "But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I would address your question as a Roman Catholic. I too had to find my way back to church on my own. Though my story is not as serious as yours.

First of all, I would address those who say there is no evidence for God.
The logic is simple.
You are here on Nairaland soliciting for advice. You are convinced 100% that there is a HUMAN BEING behind that keyboard replying you. Except of course a computer robot registers on Nairaland; but the same robot has to be programmed by SOMEBODY, right. So what about this universe? Is it at all likely that it came out of otueke??
1 Colossians 1.15 tells us, "All things created BY him, and FOR him"

Now some say if God wanted us to have a religion there would have been only ONE religion.
Quite true. But God had to start it somewhere and then he would tell someone to tell another someone and spread the message.
Mark 16.15 addresses this question when it says, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation"

Some would advice you to just believe in a "supreme being" and that's all.
Yet some of those people will never advice you to just believe that there is a thing called "Nigeria" and then all is well. They want an ORGANIZED Nigeria. A Nigeria with plan and direction. This is the reason why worship of the creator or supreme being has to take an organized form. Errors have proliferated already, even with the level of organization that obtains today. Tell me what would become of religion were it not organized at all.
Matthew 16. 18-19 tells us "you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell[b] shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven"
If you lock up your house and give the keys to somebody, what does that make the person Gateman. Which means that only whom they allow can gain entrance.

As for saying that religion has caused a lot of wars and all the other nonsense.
Well, I have news for you. Hitler was not a christian at the time he was killing who knows who. Stalin was not a christian either. The Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. Is it Christianity that asked Nigerian to kill Biafrans? Christians who perpetrate an uncalled-for war are betraying their religion already.
Matthew 5.39 instructs christians "f anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also."
I can tell you most solemnly, as long as the kingdom of God has not come on earth, THERE WILL CONTINUE TO BE WAR AND STRIFE.

As for those who maintain that no religion is true because we just happen to be born into each one.
Well, now is your time to find your way into one, all by YOURSELF. But to do that you have to do research and pray. Its not easy. I commend your work as an exco in school. But sadly enough, I would guess that you did not do any serious study of the christian religion. I have been there and know that how it works in school. There is too much praise and worship already. Anyway.
Matthew 16.24 tells us "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

Somebody mentioned that all unjust acts would be repayed in this life. Either by 'untimely death' or something.
But if I may ask him. What about the baby that dies during childbirth or even one day old or two months or one year? Have they committed any unjust act just yet? Death happens to us all. It is a common denominator and ipso facto CANNOT be due recompense. Our Abacha died while still milking Nigeria dry. How is that recompense considering that somewhere across the water some baby might have died too.
For me, I see believe in life after here in terms of JUSTICE. There is so much injustice in this world already for it to be corrected in this world. That is one of the reasons I believe strongly that somehow, somewhere, someone would repay.
John 9.3 says "Neither this man nor his parents sinned,... but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him"

I don't have time to go into a lot of details here. But if you notice in my writing, there is a common thread that runs through all the verses I quote. You can quote me if you have more questions. But I am NOT ashamed to call you to embrace the one who says, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. NO MAN cometh to the father EXCEPT through me.

And that is CHRIST JESUS.

God bless you on your earthly sojourn.
God bless for this
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 17, 2016
deife:

"Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!"-Psalm 14:1

i concur.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Distinguishy(m): 3:59am On Aug 17, 2016
Bro! I. Have just 1 question 4u and 1 recommendstion. U said. Pple shud state dia facts with proof. Do u rili. Fink if every1 post dia thoughts with proof dat u wud be able 2 make d right choice? Every 1 has dia opinion. Sango wit proof, Islam wit proof, athiest wit proof, ferekun wit proof and I MOST HIGH. JEHOVAH with proof. How do u wana make ur choice. U wud be more confused. Pls be real wit urself I know u know dia is a GOD, so I won't boda even delving into dat, if u say u nt sure u only decieve ursef not even ur conscience. If u were once a christain like u said, have. U tried seeking answers 4rm d God u were serving b4 comin on social media? Orr u just abandoned ur belief n seeking 4 somtin else. Get it right. Bcus evenif u find snods religion 2day are u sure u may nt get bored of it or lost touch n com back 2 same level of seeking somin else?. Get real wit urself not wit pples opinion. God speaks 2ru peace of mind, 2ru our concience also. Seek 4rm within not just without. Nothing draw d. Supernatural more dan a sincere and pure heart.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by chacoonder(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2016
I believe God is a mystery...NOBODY can ever understand or know; who God is, where he is, what he will do or capable of doing next...Different religions will only let you know all the above from their own individual point of view ALONE.
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by jesusjewel1(f): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2016
deife:

"Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!"-Psalm 14:1

Seconded

1 Like

Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by pelusky(m): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

That you believe doesn't suddenly make him real either

That its written in a book doesn't make him real

Spiderman must exist

Psalms 24:1-2
1 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. 2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

Jeremiah 10:12-13
12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion. 13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

And lastly Isaiah 40:12-28
12 Can anyone measure the ocean by handfuls
or measure the sky with his hands?
Can anyone hold the soil of the earth in a cup
or weigh the mountains and hills on scales?

13 Can anyone tell the Lord what to do?
Who can teach him or give him advice?

14 With whom does God consult
in order to know and understand
and to learn how things should be done?

15 To the Lord the nations are nothing,
no more than a drop of water;
the distant islands are as light as dust.

16 All the animals in the forests of Lebanon
are not enough for a sacrifice to our God,
and its trees are too few to kindle the fire.

17 The nations are nothing at all to him.

18 To whom can God be compared?
How can you describe what he is like?

19 He is not like an idol that workmen make,
that metalworkers cover with gold
and set in a base of silver.

20 The man who cannot afford silver or gold
chooses wood that will not rot.
He finds a skilful craftsman
to make an image that won't fall down.

21 Do you not know?
Were you not told long ago?
Have you not heard how the world began?

22 It was made by the one who sits on his throne
above the earth and beyond the sky;
the people below look as tiny as ants.
He stretched out the sky like a curtain,
like a tent in which to live.

23 He brings down powerful rulers
and reduces them to nothing.

24 They are like young plants,
just set out and barely rooted.
When the Lord sends a wind,
they dry up and blow away like straw.

25 To whom can the holy God be compared?
Is there anyone else like him?

26 Look up at the sky!
Who created the stars you see?
The one who leads them out like an army,
he knows how many there are
and calls each one by name!
His power is so great —
not one of them is ever missing!

27 Israel, why then do you complain
that the Lord doesn't know your troubles
or care if you suffer injustice?

28 Don't you know? Haven't you heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God;
he created all the world.
He never grows tired or weary.
No one understands his thoughts.

Ok... I have a question for you. On what Theory does 'your living'(being alive) stands?
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by Codyt(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
bolt000:
Op, everyone of us has been through his\her own trial in this cruel world yours was just more cruel, really sorry abt your irreplacable losses, what matters is the end result, you have a point there when you say your grades could have been better, i have a senior sis currently in oau trying to adjust a 2nd lower to upper, she is just so steadfast with church activities that no one can convince her that its her major problem(she is a protocol officer) it consumes most of her time and they ask for unimaginable commitments, safe to say that religion is the biggest scam in history.
I don't even know what to say.... Chai
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by bolt000(m): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Codyt:
Take Hear.. You hear!! ndoo
Re: Pls Help! I'm In A Religious Dilemma (I Don't Know Where I Stand Religious Wise) by bolt000(m): 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Codyt:
Take Heart.. You hear!! ndoo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Church Members Flog The Ground (Video) / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.