Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him (41695 Views)

Armed Robber Who Was Playing Keyboard In Church In Delta Apprehended (Photos) / Bhadmus Habdulakeem Reveals How Two Policemen In Lagos Robbed Him Of N100k Today / Ishola Oyenusi: Armed Robber Who Smiled To His Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by morereb10: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2016
*I needed N5,000 for my sick wife—SURVIVING SUSPECT

LAGOS—A 54-year-old commercial bus driver, last week, displayed rare bravery: he overpowered two robbery suspects, who had attacked him, killing one and inflicting injury on the other, in Ejigbo area of Lagos.

The suspects, who were operating on a motorcycle, snatched a bag from a woman who was going to work along Ronik Road, Ejigbo, before accosting the commercial bus driver, Mr Onyema Obinna, who was waiting for one of his passengers.

They ordered Obinna to bring out the money on him, threatening to shoot him if he acted otherwise.

Explaining to Vanguard, Obinna said: “When I told them that I had no money, they said they would kill me if they searched and found money on me. I gave them N10,000 that was with me and they left.

“However, I decided to follow them with a view to alerting policemen. When they sighted my vehicle, they increased their speed and in the process, dropped a black nylon bag. I kept following them because the nylon bag was not mine.

“When they got to NEPA Junction, and attempted to cross to the other side by driving against traffic, I rammed into them. One of them died and the other fell.

“Suddenly, he started shouting that a Danfo driver had killed his passenger. I quickly rushed to where some OPC boys were and begged them to help me call the police. A patrol van later came and the woman, who was robbed earlier, showed up and collected her bag that was dropped.”

The surviving suspect, Lukman Jamiu, 25, admitted to the crime but said he was forced to go into robbery to raise N5,000 for his ailing wife.

He said: “I am a commercial bus driver, plying Badagry and Orile. But presently I do not have any bus to work with.”

The suspect, according to the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Mr Fatai Owoseni, would be charged to court alongside 78 suspects arrested

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/danfo-driver-kills-robber-injures-another/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by hungryboy(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2016
Chai, Na dat man be the real Badoo,
Olamide na fake

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Orubebe01: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2016
I believe this driver must have watched so many American action packed movies, and decided to try one of the stuntsgrin

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by mrsnow94(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2016
The man na James bond
First to commentooooo

23 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by veekid(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2016
Lion jamm hunter

3 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Ikpewe: 7:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Onlyhandsome(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2016
this is not jungle justice. d man should be rewarding for it.

18 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by kossyablaze(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Bravery! I feel u

4 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by project8(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2016
u want steal frm igbo man jus like that that serves them right

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Vomm: 8:39am On Aug 16, 2016
Bravooooo!!!?b
Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2016
National Association of Name Checkers Eluigweocha branch Came to Confirm the native name is Lukman Jamiu OVER ROGER na the same people OVER i repeat Confirmed sir OVER grin grin cheesy cheesy

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by ladyF(f): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2016
Hehehe...Na too much film cause am...

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by onnenka: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2016
Igbo will keep slaying yoruba Muslim criminals like Jamiu online and offline.

17 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by moscobabs(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2016
h

1 Like

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Ekejoestar(m): 11:50am On Aug 16, 2016
I came to check name,
but i noticed how the hunter has become the hunted..........
East and north dealing with Afonjas since 13BC

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by NameChecker: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2016
Mr Onyema Obinna

I was here

grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by MadCow1: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016

55 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by GloriaNinja(f): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by ChappyChase: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
For this change era........ That enter one chance!
Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Jalubarika(m): 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
The law will still charge him to court.
What if he says he did that in Self Defence?
Lawyers, over tyu
Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Pavore9: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
Bravery at its peak!

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by DrayZee: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2016
Beta driver.

Obinna... Igbo man.... Dem no dey take money play at all.

Thank God for him. The Nigerian police I used to know would have arrested him instead.

16 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by kuldude29(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2016
driver get mind

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by WebSurfer(m): 11:53am On Aug 16, 2016
igbo men

7 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Apelex(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2016
undecided
project8:
u want steal frm igbo man jus like that that serves them right

1 Like

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by lonelydora: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Say No to jungle justice...... grin grin

Good one driver. Take a bottle of beer for my head for this bravery. The driver is the real MVP.

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by PrinceAbinibi: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2016
abeg give this guy 3 orijins

3 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by MidasTouche01(m): 11:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Had it been Nigeria is a good country,

This case would have unfolded like the:
SPELUCEAN EXPLORERS CASE

He murdered someone because he robbed him, this is cold-blooded murder, not self defense....

IamNawty, what did u think?

2 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by datola: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Obinna, Omo Nna no one allow one stupid arm robber rob him of his hard earned money.

Kudos!

5 Likes

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by Swagt101(m): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2016
Obinna the real MVP oshey

1 Like

Re: Danfo Driver Kills Armed Robber Who Robbed Him by missyadorable(f): 11:57am On Aug 16, 2016
Afonja people and misplaced priorities
25years old only,no steady reasonable source of income
But he already has a wife(probably with kids)
Wifey sef ain't got cash

O ma she oh!

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pickpocket Steals Officers Money During Interrogation (Photo) / 3 Thieves Caught In Igbo Ukwu Anambra, Stripped Unclad - Pictures / Policeman, Olalekan Ogunyemi, Sentenced To Death For Killing Kolade Johnson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.