Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali (8548 Views)

2019: Middle Belt Will Withdraw Support From North — Forum / Middle Belt Won’t Follow North If Nigeria Splits – Jerry Gana / I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
ckmayoca:

You nailed it.

Multiculturalism is dead on arrival as long as you have intolerant religious bigots running around trying to shove their religion down your throats.

10 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Leopardd(m): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

Then why do you want this useless one Nigeria to continue?

The honest truth is that the Yorubas can not govern themselves without Abuja.

You fought a long drawn civil war (kiriji war) for over 23 yrs and also betrayals in Ilorin who sold out to the Sokoto Caliphate.

You only knew peace from both the kiriji civil war and Islamic jihad breathing down your necks after you invited the British to take over.

If the better south (Niger Delta and Biafra) seccedes , you will not waste one minute fighting yourselves over who will serve as proxy head of the Yoruba people under northern rule.

This is the beautiful truth.

As things stand now, you guys are doomed for Hausa/Fulani occupation.

BishopMagic!!! ma nigguhhh!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cool cool cool cool

I love u broh, no homo. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by limeta(f): 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

they may be moaning,but they still dont want to be with you................ tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

hun
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Abagworo(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

Lol.

This your lame attempt at dividing the people of the better south no dey work again.

The Niger Delta is even more committed to seccesion than even the Igbos since they don't have a large population outside their regions unlike the Igbos.

You know nothing about the Niger Delta. The issue is more of resource control than secession at least from Rivers point of view. Forming a country with Igbos is totally out of the question.

1 Like

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by SonofDevil: 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

You fought a long drawn civil war (kiriji war) for over 23 yrs and also betrayals in Ilorin who sold out to the Sokoto Caliphate.

You only knew peace from both the kiriji civil war and Islamic jihad breathing down your necks after you invited the British to take over.

If the better south (Niger Delta and Biafra) seccedes , you will not waste one minute fighting yourselves over who will serve as proxy head of the Yoruba people under northern rule.

You would have decided to look into forming a common southern alliance with your southern neighbours but the igbos will have nothing to do with you given your history of treachery and betrayal stemming from the role you played in the brutal civil war 50yrs ago. The Niger Delta on the other hand have a more recent history of your betrayal in the role you played in derailing, insulting and eventually removing their son from office.

Answer this questions..?

Which region was most developed and economic viable during regional system of government..?

Name any leader in southeast/ south south dead or alive that can match Awolowo and lateef jakande in terms of good governance and achievements while in office.?

Tell me How can a region know peace, when leaders invest more On sophisticated weapons for millitancy and Cult groups than infrastructural development..?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2016
SonofDevil:

Answer this questions..?

Which region was most developed and economic viable during regional system of government..?

Name any leader in southeast/ south south dead or alive that can match Awolowo and lateef jakande in terms of good governance and achievements while in office.?

Tell me How can a region know peace, when leaders invest more On sophisticated weapons for millitancy and Cult groups than infrastructural development..?

Colonial legacy is what you are boasting off.

Lagos was sit of the colonial govt and it's ports where used to ferry goods from all over Nigeria .

So don't be claiming you built Lagos on your own sweat. Maybe you can claim whatever gains you had in Ibadan but not Lagos.

So stop spewing trash!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by OjukwuWarBird: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

You would have decided to look into forming a common southern alliance with your southern neighbours but the igbos will have nothing to do with you given your history of treachery and betrayal stemming from the role you played in the brutal civil war 50yrs ago. The Niger Delta on the other hand have a more recent history of your betrayal in the role you played in derailing, insulting and eventually removing their son from office.

Guy you wicked.

What you said about Yorubas fighting themselves once we leave is true

10 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by ANAKONDA: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

If the better south (Niger Delta and Biafra)
seccedes , you will not waste one minute fighting yourselves over who will serve as proxy head of the Yoruba people under northern rule.

You would have decided to look into forming a common southern alliance with your southern neighbours but the igbos will have nothing to do with you given your history of treachery and
betrayal stemming from the role you played in the brutal civil war 50yrs ago. The Niger Delta on the other hand have a more recent history of your betrayal in the role you played in derailing, insulting and eventually removing their son from office.

Why are you foaming in the mouth like someone suffering from a strange spasm ?
Before January 1966, inspite of the conspiracy of your grandfather Azikiwe plus the north against the SW, which region performed best ? The SW while SE was the most backward. The only thing of pride they had was UNN which was a federal entity.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by T8ksy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Anticabal:
^^ The yoruba guy above me is deceiving himself that yorubas actually entered the war when the Biafran forces led by traitor Banjo started marching towards the south-west.

His yoruba people allowed the abokiii vandals in lagos an enabling environment to launch the first shot (and several others) against Biafraaland but wants us believe that yorubaland was neutral pre-Ore?
Does he think he is talking to goats? yorubaland was the command and control center for anti-Biafran attacks and you think that wasn't enough to be SEEN AS AN ACT OF WAR? You expected Biafrans forces to go and look for the head of Sultan when the bombs, mortars, Signal, bullets and Naval ships are coming from your land (the capital) to kill people in Biafraaland? What tomfoolery?

You were even donating your sisters and their big buttocks for the pleasure of killer Gowon and his bands of hausa vandals right in lagos, yet wanted Ojukwu to overlook all that and Go for the Emir's head in Kano?

These yorubas must think everyone is a m0ron except them? grin grin

Google the speech by Awo to western Leaders of Thought in Ibadan on the 1st of May, 1967. Be objective and stop boring me silly with the same aba-made BS, we've all heard before.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abagworo:
The same reason Rivers people in particular are weary of Biafra. Very understandable.
Meshionu gi! Dumb aturu di ka gi. What brought about the useless comparison, if not nzuzu. Didnt Domkat Bali called his ethnic group? Or did he spoke on behalf of others under the term 'Middle belt people'. And who asked for your opinion on this matter? When did Rivers people become a tribe? I have warned you and the other mental friend of yours to stay clear of issues above your understanding but you won't listen. Stay in your lane and stop crossing my part with your infuriating character. Agadi nwoke n zuzu ari.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
T8ksy:

Google the speech by Awo to western Leaders of Thought in Ibadan on the 1st of May, 1967. Be objective and stop boring me silly with the same aba-made BS, we've all heard before.

The Speech Chief Obafemi Awolowo made to the Western leaders of thought, in Ibadan, 1 May 1967

"The aim of a leader should be the welfare of the people whom he leads. I have used 'welfare' to denote the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of the people. With this aim fixed unflinchingly and unchangeably before my eyes I consider it my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general, to place four imperatives before you this morning. Two of them are categorical and two are conditional. Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy. The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation. If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation. The people of Western Nigeria and Lagos should participate in the ad hoc committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with the other regions of the Federation.

I would like to comment briefly on these four imperatives. There has, of late, been a good deal of sabre rattling in some parts of the country. Those who advocate the use force for the settlement of our present problems should stop a little and reflect. I can see no vital and abiding principle involved in any war between the North and the East. If the East attacked the North, it would be for purpose of revenge pure and simple. Any claim to the contrary would be untenable. If it is claimed that such a war is being waged for the purpose of recovering the real and personal properties left behind in the North by Easterners two insuperable points are obvious. Firstly, the personal effects left behind by Easterners have been wholly looted or destroyed, and can no longer be physically recovered. Secondly, since the real properties are immovable in case of recovery of them can only be by means of forcible military occupation of those parts of the North in which these properties are situated. On the other hand, if the North attacked the East, it could only be for the purpose of further strengthening and entrenching its position of dominance in the country.

If it is claimed that an attack on the East is going to be launched by the Federal Government and not by the North as such and that it is designed to ensure the unity and integrity of the Federation, two other insuperable points also become obvious. First, if a war against the East becomes a necessity it must be agreed to unanimously by the remaining units of the Federation. In this connection, the West, Mid- West and Lagos have declared their implacable opposition to the use of force in solving the present problem. In the face of such declarations by three out of remaining four territories of Nigeria, a war against the East could only be a war favoured by the North alone. Second, if the true purpose of such a war is to preserve the unity and integrity of the Federation, then these ends can be achieved by the very simple devices of implementing the recommendation of the committee which met on August 9 1966, as reaffirmed by a decision of the military leaders at Aburi on January 5 1967 as well as by accepting such of the demands of the East, West, Mid-West and Lagos as are manifestly reasonable, and essential for assuring harmonious relationships and peaceful co-existence between them and their brothers and sisters in the North.

Some knowledgeable persons have likened an attack on the East to Lincoln's war against the southern states in America. Two vital factors distinguish Lincoln's campaign from the one now being contemplated in Nigeria. The first is that the American civil war was aimed at the abolition of slavery - that is the liberation of millions of Negroes who were then still being used as chattels and worse than domestic animals. The second factor is that Lincoln and others in the northern states were English-speaking people waging a war of good conscience and humanity against their fellow nationals who were also English speaking. A war against the East in which Northern soldiers are predominant, will only unite the Easterners or the Ibos against their attackers, strengthen them in their belief that they are not wanted by the majority of their fellow-Nigerians, and finally push them out of the Federation.

We have been told that an act of secession on the part of the East would be a signal, in the first instance, for the creation of the COR state by decree, which would be backed, if need be, by the use of force. With great respect, I have some dissenting observations to make on this declaration. There are 11 national or linguistic groups in the COR areas with a total population of 5.3 millions. These national groups are as distinct from one another as the Ibos are distinct from them or from the Yorubas or Hausas. Of the 11, the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group are 3.2 million strong as against the Ijaws who are only about 700,000 strong. Ostensibly, the remaining nine national group number 1.4 millions. But when you have subtracted the Ibo inhabitants from among them, what is left ranges from the Ngennis who number only 8,000 to the Ogonis who are 220,000 strong. A decree creating a COR state without a plebiscite to ascertain the wishes of the peoples in the area, would only amount to subordinating the minority national groups in the state to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. It would be perfectly in order to create a Calabar state or a Rivers state by decree, and without a plebiscite. Each is a homogeneous national unit. But before you lump distinct and diverse national units together in one state, the consent of each of them is indispensable. Otherwise, the seed of social disquilibrium in the new state would have been sown.

On the other hand, if the COR State is created by decree after the Eastern Region shall have made its severance from Nigeria effective, we should then be waging an unjust war against a foreign state. It would be an unjust war, because the purpose of it would be to remove 10 minorities in the East from the dominance of the Ibos only to subordinate them to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. I think I have said enough to demonstrate that any war against the East, or vice versa, on any count whatsoever, would be an unholy crusade, for which it would be most unjustifiable to shed a drop of Nigerian blood. Therefore, only a peaceful solution must be found, and quickly too to arrest the present rapidly deteriorating stalemate and restore normalcy.

With regard to the second categorical imperative, it is my considered view that whilst some of the demands of the East are excessive within the context of a Nigerian union, most of such demands are not only wellfounded, but are designed for smooth and steady association amongst the various national units of Nigeria.

The dependence of the Federal Government on financial contributions from the regions? These and other such like demands I do not support. Demands such as these, if accepted, will lead surely to the complete disintegration of the Federation which is not in the interest of our people. But I wholeheartedly support the following demands among others, which we consider reasonable and most of which are already embodied in our memoranda to the Ad Hoc Committee....

That revenue should be allocated strictly on the basis of derivation; that is to say after the Federal Government has deducted its own share for its own services the rest should be allocated to the regions to which they are attributable.

That the existing public debt of the Federation should become the responsibility of the regions on the basis of the location of the projects in respect of each debt whether internal or external.

That each region should have and control its own militia and police force.

That, with immediate effect, all military personnel should be posted to their regions of origin....

If we are to live in harmony one with another as Nigerians it is imperative that these demands and others which are not related, should be met without further delay by those who have hitherto resisted them. To those who may argue that the acceptance of these demands will amount to transforming Nigeria into a federation with a weak central government, my comment is that any link however tenuous, which keeps the East in the Nigerian union, is better in my view than no link at all.

Before the Western delegates went to Lagos to attend the meetings of the ad hoc committee, they were given a clear mandate that if any region should opt out of the Federation of Nigeria, then the Federation should be considered to be at an end, and that the Western Region and Lagos should also opt out of it. It would then be up to Western Nigeria and Lagos as an independent sovereign state to enter into association with any of the Nigerian units of its own choosing, and on terms mutually acceptable to them. I see no reason for departing from this mandate. If any region in Nigeria considers itself strong enough to compel us to enter into association with it on its own terms, I would only wish such a region luck. But such luck, I must warn, will, in the long run be no better than that which has attended the doings of all colonial powers down the ages. This much I must say in addition, on this point. We have neither military might nor the overwhelming advantage of numbers here in Western Nigeria and Lagos. But we have justice of a noble and imperishable cause on our side, namely: the right of a people to unfettered self-determination. If this is so, then God is on our side, and if God is with us then we have nothing whatsoever in this world to fear.

The fourth imperative, and the second conditional one has been fully dealt with in my recent letter to the Military Governor of Western Nigeria, Col. Robert Adebayo, and in the representation which your deputation made last year to the head of the Federal Military Government, Lt. Col. Yakubu Gowon. As a matter of fact, as far back as November last year a smaller meeting of leaders of thought in this Region decided that unless certain things were done, we would no longer participate in the meeting of the ad hoc committee. But since then, not even one of our legitimate requests has been granted. I will, therefore, take no more of your time in making further comments on a point with which you are well familiar. As soon as our humble and earnest requests are met, I shall be ready to take my place on the ad hoc committee. But certainly, not before.

In closing, I have this piece of advice to give. In order to resolve amiably and in the best interests of all Nigerians certain attributes are required on the part of Nigerian leaders, military as well as non-military leaders alike, namely: vision, realism and unselfishness. But above all , what will keep Nigerian leaders in the North and East unwaveringly in the path of wisdom, realism and moderation is courage and steadfastness on the part of Yoruba people in the course of what they sincerely believe to be right, equitable and just. In the past five years we in the West and Lagos have shown that we possess these qualities in a large measure. If we demonstrate them again as we did in the past, calmly and heroically, we will save Nigeria from further bloodshed and imminent wreck and, at the same time, preserve our freedom and self-respect into the bargain.

May God rule and guide our deliberations here, and endow all the Nigerian leaders with the vision, realism, and unselfishness as well as courage and steadfastness in the course of truth, which the present circumstances demand. "

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Abagworo(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chiwude:
Meshionu gi! Dumb aturu di ka gi. What brought about the useless comparison, if not nzuzu. Didnt Domkat Bali called his ethnic group? Or did he spoke on behalf of others under the term 'Middle belt people'. And who asked for your opinion on this matter? When did Rivers people become a tribe? I have warned you and the other mental friend of yours to stay clear of issues above your understanding but you won't listen. Stay in your lane and stop crossing my part with your infuriating character. Agadi nwoke n zuzu ari.

Ihe inamaghi gi juo nde ma ka ha kowatara gi. Copy this today that Rivers people never wanted and still don't intend forming a country with Igbos. Even though Rivers is not a tribe, the term "Rivers man" has evolved over time as a form of common identity for the dozens of distinct tribes that make up Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Abagworo(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
DeeManD:

The Speech Chief Obafemi Awolowo made to the Western leaders of thought, in Ibadan, 1 May 1967

"The aim of a leader should be the welfare of the people whom he leads. I have used 'welfare' to denote the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of the people. With this aim fixed unflinchingly and unchangeably before my eyes I consider it my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general, to place four imperatives before you this morning. Two of them are categorical and two are conditional. Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy. The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation. If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation. The people of Western Nigeria and Lagos should participate in the ad hoc committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with the other regions of the Federation.

I would like to comment briefly on these four imperatives. There has, of late, been a good deal of sabre rattling in some parts of the country. Those who advocate the use force for the settlement of our present problems should stop a little and reflect. I can see no vital and abiding principle involved in any war between the North and the East. If the East attacked the North, it would be for purpose of revenge pure and simple. Any claim to the contrary would be untenable. If it is claimed that such a war is being waged for the purpose of recovering the real and personal properties left behind in the North by Easterners two insuperable points are obvious. Firstly, the personal effects left behind by Easterners have been wholly looted or destroyed, and can no longer be physically recovered. Secondly, since the real properties are immovable in case of recovery of them can only be by means of forcible military occupation of those parts of the North in which these properties are situated. On the other hand, if the North attacked the East, it could only be for the purpose of further strengthening and entrenching its position of dominance in the country.

If it is claimed that an attack on the East is going to be launched by the Federal Government and not by the North as such and that it is designed to ensure the unity and integrity of the Federation, two other insuperable points also become obvious. First, if a war against the East becomes a necessity it must be agreed to unanimously by the remaining units of the Federation. In this connection, the West, Mid- West and Lagos have declared their implacable opposition to the use of force in solving the present problem. In the face of such declarations by three out of remaining four territories of Nigeria, a war against the East could only be a war favoured by the North alone. Second, if the true purpose of such a war is to preserve the unity and integrity of the Federation, then these ends can be achieved by the very simple devices of implementing the recommendation of the committee which met on August 9 1966, as reaffirmed by a decision of the military leaders at Aburi on January 5 1967 as well as by accepting such of the demands of the East, West, Mid-West and Lagos as are manifestly reasonable, and essential for assuring harmonious relationships and peaceful co-existence between them and their brothers and sisters in the North.

Some knowledgeable persons have likened an attack on the East to Lincoln's war against the southern states in America. Two vital factors distinguish Lincoln's campaign from the one now being contemplated in Nigeria. The first is that the American civil war was aimed at the abolition of slavery - that is the liberation of millions of Negroes who were then still being used as chattels and worse than domestic animals. The second factor is that Lincoln and others in the northern states were English-speaking people waging a war of good conscience and humanity against their fellow nationals who were also English speaking. A war against the East in which Northern soldiers are predominant, will only unite the Easterners or the Ibos against their attackers, strengthen them in their belief that they are not wanted by the majority of their fellow-Nigerians, and finally push them out of the Federation.

We have been told that an act of secession on the part of the East would be a signal, in the first instance, for the creation of the COR state by decree, which would be backed, if need be, by the use of force. With great respect, I have some dissenting observations to make on this declaration. There are 11 national or linguistic groups in the COR areas with a total population of 5.3 millions. These national groups are as distinct from one another as the Ibos are distinct from them or from the Yorubas or Hausas. Of the 11, the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group are 3.2 million strong as against the Ijaws who are only about 700,000 strong. Ostensibly, the remaining nine national group number 1.4 millions. But when you have subtracted the Ibo inhabitants from among them, what is left ranges from the Ngennis who number only 8,000 to the Ogonis who are 220,000 strong. A decree creating a COR state without a plebiscite to ascertain the wishes of the peoples in the area, would only amount to subordinating the minority national groups in the state to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. It would be perfectly in order to create a Calabar state or a Rivers state by decree, and without a plebiscite. Each is a homogeneous national unit. But before you lump distinct and diverse national units together in one state, the consent of each of them is indispensable. Otherwise, the seed of social disquilibrium in the new state would have been sown.

On the other hand, if the COR State is created by decree after the Eastern Region shall have made its severance from Nigeria effective, we should then be waging an unjust war against a foreign state. It would be an unjust war, because the purpose of it would be to remove 10 minorities in the East from the dominance of the Ibos only to subordinate them to the dominance of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang national group. I think I have said enough to demonstrate that any war against the East, or vice versa, on any count whatsoever, would be an unholy crusade, for which it would be most unjustifiable to shed a drop of Nigerian blood. Therefore, only a peaceful solution must be found, and quickly too to arrest the present rapidly deteriorating stalemate and restore normalcy.

This deserves a thread of its own. Awo seems to have understood Nigeria better than many youngies of this generation.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by ikechu1: 7:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
12Monkeys:

I'm saving this for future reference.

9 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by nakamora: 8:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
I
12Monkeys:

Why weep for the Yoruba people, weep for yourself.
Tafawa/zik
Shagari/Ekweme
Yaradua/Jonathan
Buhari/Osibanjo
Who really is a betrayer.
The answer is Igbo,the tribe of Judas Iscariot. The developer of Indonesia with harddrugs.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abagworo:

Ihe inamaghi gi juo nde ma ka ha kowatara gi. Copy this today that Rivers people never wanted and still don't intend forming a country with Igbos. Even though Rivers is not a tribe, the term "Rivers man" has evolved over time as a form of common identity for the dozens of distinct tribes that make up Rivers State.
Never knew you could be this petty. So because everyone go by the term 'Riversman', just like an Edo state person would call himself 'Edoman' and Benue person with the term 'Benueman', suddenly becomes the so-called rallying point. A Tiv man will always fight for Tiv interest, the same as the Idoma man and Igede man. So long a state comprise of several minorities, every group will always go at lenght to fight to protect its ethnic interest. My my! Echem ema 'ihe. So why didn't the Ijaw 'Riversmen' throw their back behind 'Riversman Odili' during his 2007 presidential ambition but had to line behind a 'Bayelsan Ijaw- GEJ' all because Edwin Clarks said so. The answer is simple, Ethnicity!
Again, why did the Ijaws bring up an outdated 'Uplanders and Riverians' dichotomy in the last election to support their claim against Wike's Ikwerre for an Ijaw governor in Brick house. Ethnicity! Why didn't the 'Riversmen' Ikwerre's and other minority groups stand in support of 'Riversmen' Saro Wiwa and Ogoni nine during their dark days in the hands of Abacha?

6 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Chiwude:
Never knew you could be this petty. So because everyone go by the term 'Riversman', just like an Edo state person would call himself 'Edoman' and Benue person with the term 'Benueman', suddenly becomes the so-called rallying point. A Tiv man in will always fight for Tiv interest, the same as the Idoma man and Igede man. So long a state comprise of several minorities, every group will always go at lenght to fight its ethnic interest. My my! Echem ema 'ihe. So why didn't the Ijaw 'Riversmen' throw their back behind 'Riversman Odili' during his 2007 presidential ambition but had to line behind a 'Bayelsan Ijaw- GEJ' all because Edwin Clarks said so. The answer is simple, Ethnicity!
Again, why did the Ijaws bring up an outdated 'Uplanders and Riverians' dichotomy in the last election to support their claim against Wike's Ikwerre for an Ijaw governor in Brick house. Ethnicity! Why didn't the 'Riversmen' Ikwerre's and other minority groups stand in support of 'Riversmen' Saro Wiwa and Ogoni nine during their dark days in the hands of Abacha?

We are not talking about the same thing. Rivers has dozens of ethnic groups whom one important unifying factor is anti-Igbo sentiments. Some people like Oyigbo and Egbema are in Rivers State but not considered as Rivers people. Hope you get my point.

Upland and Riverine is like Orlu and Okigwe zones of Imo State. One zone has been in power since 1999 and equity demands it goes riverine.
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by meccuno: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
nakamora:
I

Tafawa/zik
Shagari/Ekweme
Yaradua/Jonathan
Buhari/Osibanjo
The answer is Igbo,the tribe of Judas Iscariot. The developer of Indonesia with harddrugs.
you forgot buhari\idiagbon. MKO\Tofa. Olusegun obasanjo\yaradua. Muritala\obasanjo. Abacha\ Oladipo diya. Obasanjo\atiku. Don't be clever by half...if you want to list them make sure you have the complete list..your ibadaan express way propaganda won't work this time...the yorubas started advanced fee fraud and drug business in the 80s. The igbos learnt from the Yorubaa. Kashimu and Tinubu comes to mind. All the drug dealers from igbo land can't come close to the father of drug dealers Tinubu!!

8 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abagworo:

We are not talking about the same thing. Rivers has dozens of ethnic groups whom one important unifying factor is anti-Igbo sentiments. Some people like Oyigbo and Egbema are in Rivers State but not considered as Rivers people. Hope you get my point.

Upland and Riverine is like Orlu and Okigwe zones of Imo State. One zone has been in power since 1999 and equity demands it goes riverine.
You should have said something similar to this and not the gaffe you posted earlier. How the (Ikwerres) Uplanders vs Riverianer (their archrivals) settle their differences is their business. They should slug it out alone and should'nt drag Igbo groups into it. However, the anti-Igbo sentiments is real, I know. And that is why we shall do everything within our power to cut off Igbo areas cunningly carved into that entity. Our brothers trapped there like Ndi-Egbema, Oyigbo et al have no business sharing the same state with such groups. Let the haters stay together as fate has ordained, while we on the other hand pursue one destiny with our kins who accept us as brothers and whom we share a lot in common with.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Lol.

This your lame attempt at dividing the people of the better south no dey work again.

The Niger Delta is even more committed to seccesion than even the Igbos since they don't have a large population outside their regions unlike the Igbos.
I doubt it. it is much far preferable to be a minority in a large Nigeria than be one in a balkanized, smaller tin republic
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Lol.

I bet you opposed Brexit and a champion of multicultural EU.

Abegi! Japan is a homogenous nation of peoples of one culture , religion and aspirations.

You are talking of huge market potentials but fail to see that the north is effectively pushing for a singular islamofascist agenda to replace all our identities just as they did to control the Hausa people through Islam.

The system is dead and can only be restructured to meet and accommodate all our ideals or dismantled.

You preach unity myopically through nationalism while the north is bent on using religion to break cultural barriers.

This is where liberal nationalism gets fcked regularly by fascist and communist ideology.
Dude, your intelligence is extreamly laudable.Kudos to you bro. Keep dishing these dunces some sense. cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by thedarksider: 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
nakamora:
I

Tafawa/zik
Shagari/Ekweme
Yaradua/Jonathan
Buhari/Osibanjo

anh ah...??...you wan give dem abatetion ni??......ahn,ahn....?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by abobakucannibal: 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:
"I come from a small tribe - the Tarok tribe in Langtang. It is a small tribe from a small group. If the north secures independence from the rest of the country the Hausa/Fulani will be so dominant and will lord over us whether we like it or not. A bigger Nigeria will check such excesses. So the bigger Nigeria, the freer my tribe and myself will be". - Domkat Bali

The very fear yorubas have of a renewed Biafran agitation is what the likes of Domkat Bali held 50yrs ago.

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=S1s9EqmAN1IC&pg=PA121&lpg=PA121&dq=domkat+bali+on+northern+secession&source=bl&ots=kD1_Lq2z3E&sig=EMLj3Z2Z6tUIxdafgSxZk-a-wj4&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=domkat%20bali%20on%20northern%20secession&f=false

So Una want Biafrans to remain in Nigeria against their wish because of fear of Hausa/Fulani? Well Una no go fit carry Una ragge spoil our blues at all.It's too late now.By the way who is stopping any group in Nigeria to seek for their self determination?It is the God given right of every human being on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by abobakucannibal: 8:00pm On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Bros I hail you.1000x gboza for you

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by abobakucannibal: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

Bros I hail you.1000x gboza for you cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by discusant: 2:41am On Aug 18, 2016
12Monkeys:

On marble this was written.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by midol: 8:57am On Sep 17, 2016
12Monkeys:

This is a slam dunk on we yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by attackgat: 9:05am On Sep 17, 2016
sarrki:
lolz . Wake up nothing like tribal war anymore our concern should be qualitative leader,Accountable leaders we need SW is not in struggle with any region cos God has favored her with

Lagos ........ seaport

OGUN ............. industrial hub

Oyo. ................ Arable land for farming

Osun................. Cultural heritage and Cocoa plantation

Ondo. ................ Bitumen, Crude oil and Cocoa plantation

Ekiti.................... Tourism

Above all Education for all

And yet, they can't do without 'one Nigeria'
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by attackgat: 9:11am On Sep 17, 2016
orisa37:
All we are saying is that the agitators for Biafra should cooperate with the likes of Ekweremadu of the SE, SW, SS, Domkat Balis Tribe in Plateau, Supporters of IBB, AA etc in Niger State, The Afonja, Saraki etc tribes people in Kwara, The civilized Tivs etc in Benue State and on, to get all their States Assemblies and their Representatives and Senators in the NASS to work fast and immediately to AMEND THE 1999 CONSTITUTION TO GRANT FULL AUTONOMY TO THE 36 STATES AND COLLAPSE NIGERIA INTO 6 TRADE ZONES.

And which National Assembly did Lord Lugard go to before he created Nigeria?
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by orisa37: 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
You said Lord Lugard.Lugard He created Nigeria by the Acts of the Houses of Lords and Commons.
Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by Olu317(m): 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
It surprises me as I watch many of the SE folks condemned the Yorubas on this platform but the truth will always prevail. I saw in the venom of anticabal's opinion of the “assumed" traitor in the person of Major Banjo. However, it will be a great delight to my soul and many others' if indeed many of you from N'digbo region know the true story before and during the civil began(1966/67-1970). Have you asked yourselves some germane questions that could properly help you people if indeed you want to actualise your purported dream country called BIAFRA. Ask yourselves these questions and make sure you are objective and if you find the answers to the aforementioned questions ; why did the first coup d'etat happened?,What's the N'digbo stock's percentage among the coup plotters?,why was it that non N'digbo politicians killed during the first coup d'etat?, why did the coup failed?, why did the most senior officer in the military not allowed to be head of state?, why was Aguiyi Ironsi made the head of state?,why didnt Aguiyi ironsi set up a panel to try the coup plotters?,why did the late sage,Obafemi Awolowo, the Yoruba leader not declare Odu'a Republic?,why did Major Banjo fought on behalf of BIAFRA?, why did he get a fair trial before he was presumed guilty and got killed by Ojukwu?,why did BIAFRA try to capture Lagos from the Far Eastern region through middle west Banjo had captured?, why did BIAFRA failed? ,Except you learn from the past, the future is bleak for BIAFRA, have you learned anything in my questions? ...I am 100% Yoruba blood and a proud one at that. I do not want to take on this thread as it stand on the abusive style of N'digbos on this platform but to enlighten the real intellectual N'digbos and not the so called "BIAFRIAN IDEALIST"are set to sit down and ponder over the questions I had asked. I shall unravel many things from the real perspective. God bless Yoruba Race...

2 Likes

Re: Why The Middle Belt Fought To Keep Nigeria One - Domkat Bali by 12Monkeys: 9:16am On Oct 13, 2016
12Monkeys:

Any afonja with a functional ear take heed.

The bridge is fcking over!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SANs To Meet Over CJN Onnogden, NBA President’s Trial Today / Ogun Customs Intercepts Contraband Items Worth ₦72.5 Million / Enugu Guber: ‘There Are Plots To Stop Me Through Judiciary’ – Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.