Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,190 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save (4495 Views)

Buhari Lacks Political Will To Halt By Fulani Herdsmen - Reps / Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Vee1Vee1: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former minister of finance, says her statement blaming the lack of political will to save funds under the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan has been taken out of context.
Speaking on the Chilean saving example at the George Washington University on Thursday, the former minister had said “zero political will to save in the last administration” was responsible for some of the challenges facing the country.

But in a statement issued on Friday, Paul Nwabuikwu, media aide of the two-time minister, said Okonjo-Iweala was referring to the opposition of some governors to the efforts of the immediate past administration to save in the excess crude account (ECA) and in sovereign wealth fund (SWF).

http://www.istylmagazine.com/news/africa/okonjo-iweala-i-said-governors-not-jonathan-lacked-the-political-will-to-save/

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by HungerBAD: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lol.

I think Uncle Jonathan gave her a call.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by yrret: 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol

Seriously, hunger really bad!

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Abeymills(m): 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
I said it b4 d media under dis useles clueles president is nonsence yeye govt of probaganda

8 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by antispexish(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
abeg, who be president , Jonathan or the governors?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by locosis007(m): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
Okonjo Iweala.

WHO CALLED THE SHOT IN HIS GOVT??

stop mincing words and speak like a true woman who can call a spade a spade,not shovel or trowel.

8 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
Okay, the governors effed up.

What happened to the FG's 51% why didn't they save out of that?

Awon oniyeye

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by TyrantInAsoRock: 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

Better than the call the dullard has been giving to adeosun nd his Co deluded economic team

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by cktheluckyman: 1:15pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:
Okay, the governors effed up.

What happened to the FG's 51% why didn't they save out of that?

Awon oniyeye

you are yet to explain what Fashola and other "progressives"did with their own share of the 49%

18 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mynd44: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
cktheluckyman:

you are yet to explain what Fashola and other "progressives"did with their own share of the 49%
Why not open a thread to talk about the states. This thread is about how the FG failed to save moneh during an oil boom

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Goke7: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
HungerBAD:
Lol.

or could it be she too misplaced GEJ's number initially like aunty oduah?

seriously madam NOI on the loose again grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Some people are simply ignorant..

They don't even know that governors actually have the powers to share the yam cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:

Why not open a thread to talk about the states. This thread is about how the FG failed to save moneh during an oil boom

Can't you understand that the FG failed to save because the governors led by Amaechi threatened fire and brimstone if the yam is not shared undecided

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mylove55(f): 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abeymills:
I said it b4 d media under dis useles clueles president is nonsence yeye govt of probaganda
and she could not save her own, she also squaunder what obj and yarudua save, is that not foolishness, and u as a grow-up kid, u call it propaganda

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mynd44: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:

Can't you understand that the FG failed to save because the governors led by Amaechi threatened fire and brimstone if the yam is not shared undecided
1. The reason the governors (Both PDP and APC) did that was because the FG was dipping its hands into the cookie jar. In short, the FG was taking out money from money that does not belong to it

2. The FG got 51% of these funds right? Why was done with it? Did they spend it on cassava bread?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Pidggin(f): 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hehe Amaechi sympathizers will not like this

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:

1. The reason the governors (Both PDP and APC) did that was because the FG was dipping its hands into the cookie jar. In short, the FG was taking out money from money that does not belong to it

2. The FG got 51% of these funds right? Why was done with it? Did they spend it on cassava bread?

LOL on cassava bread grin

Maybe, FG squandered theirs based on the clueless* one, but what did the clueful governors do with theirs..

.. Sponsor *Change

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by obailala(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Coming from the very same set of people who have stopped at nothing to accuse the present government of throwing only blames, I find this their attempt at blame passing to be the lamest.

Governors prevented president from saving? Wonderful! Even if the governors decided to take their share of the ECA away from the already pilfering FG's custody, the last time I checked, the FG still retained more than half (52%) of those funds as its own share. So after governors took their share away, did the governors also charm the FG of GEJ and NOI into squandering their own share?

The last time I checked again, over 70% of the governors were PDP at the time, and I doubt just the head of the governor's forum would be able to take a decision without the support of his peers who were mainly from the same PDP.

In summary, this is a very dumb defence and a very lame attempt at buck passing.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by OjukwuWarBird: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:

Your point is Absolutely wrong.
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mylove55(f): 1:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:
Some people are simply ignorant..
They don't even know that governors actually have the powers to share the yam cheesy
and u ipod blame and insult pmb for bailing state out, for not be ineffectual buffoon like ur ogogoro hero. u ipod are now blaming state govs. after ur hero use d money to drink ogogoro

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2016
For clarity, NOI has not answered what government did with their own Share.. She is just correcting the statement that it was governors that forced her to share the YAM..

whether they roasted the yam, cooked or fried it is a question for another day.

If we press on, she will reveal more!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mylove55:
and u ipod blame and insult pmb for bailing state out, for not be ineffectual buffoon like ur ogogoro hero. u ipod are now blaming state govs. after ur hero use d money to drink ogogoro

Pls, I don't entertain tribalists on my mention. sad

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by vedaxcool(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
[s]
cktheluckyman:

[/s]

What fashola did with his own share is hardly anybody's business except lagosians what FG did with a large chunk of its own its EVERYBODY BUSINESS. so shut up with your useless prevarications and tell us what happened to 51% of the excess crude money

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by vedaxcool(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mynd44:

Simple and short.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by gists: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
Somebody should help us ask madam if uncle gej the only IB had the political will to save FG's share of the money.
Why is madam so concerned about governor's political unwillingness to save their money?
Can she tell us as the economic and coordinating minister how FG (which she as part of) demonstrated political willingness to save. After all, we know FG under her guidance borrowed money to pay salaries.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by maclatunji: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Was she Minister of Finance to the 36 State Governors or was she to Jonathan?

Was she sleeping when she praised the Obasanjo administration and in the same context slammed Jonathan's administration?

Too late to reverse your position, you were only being honest in the first instance. This rebuttal is an afterthought.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by Mylove55(f): 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
dunkem21:

Pls, I don't entertain tribalists on my mention. sad
how can i be a bigot like u, i dont know how gej izon man become an ipod or iweala a delta woman is now an ipod, and i am from south-south, i cant remember when south-south people became an ipod
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
Mylove55:
how can i be a bigot like u, i dont know how gej izon man become an ipod or iweala a delta woman is now an ipod, and i am from south-south, i cant remember when south-south people became an ipod

OK, wetin concern IPOD for this matter?

See me see trouble o sad
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by modath(f): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
Na wah ooooo, never believed the IB could be portrayed as being more clueless than he really is, madam gele just did the impossible.. The govs excuse!!! What a travesty!! sad

There is a difference between being a Democrat and being a weak willed soul...

I hope all these badly educated kids and historical neophytes who commit the mortal sin (punishable by death) of comparing the IB to the great Lee Kwan Yew will take some few minutes off their perpetual internet trolling/ranting mode to research how he ruled with iron fists, brass and knuckles.

Singapore wouldn't be what it is today if LKY had been a spineless "democrat"... undecided

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevolent_dictatorship

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by 400billionman: 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Madam no bother, daft people will misinterpret you..
Re: Okonjo-iweala: I Said Governors, Not Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save by dunkem21(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
400billionman:
Madam no bother, daft people will misinterpret you..

They have already cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

That Igbo Man Has Finally Arrived Home, His Grand Mother Cried When She Saw Him / Biafran Referendum - Positive Signs As UK Loses UN Vote. / President Buhari, Now That The Police IG Clearly Defied Your Order What Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.