Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) (18669 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Oshodi Market, Shops And Cars Destroyed (Photos, Video) / Early Morning, Fire Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira In Ibadan Mkt (pic) / Fire Destroys 100 Shops In Yaba (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Ne0w1zarD: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
Around 6am, fire broke out in some electronic shops located at New Garage, Bariga, Lagos.
A facebook user uploaded the video on his page.
It reportedly affected a lot of shops and even some houses. Residents in the area fought to contain the spread of the fire but goods worth millions of naira were still destroyed. Fire Service were able to control and subdue the fire when they arrived. Cause of the outbreak is yet to be ascertained and no record of any loss of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLYrhTsP_E

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by searchng4love: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Gbese in this times... Hope the market was insured.

But something tells me some people are behind these burning markets

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Iceberg3: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
buhari sef

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by HRich(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
So Sad. In this hard time. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Sugarcious(m): 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
This is bad . but some people are so adamant to the extend that they sometimes fail to give heed to fire prevention tips and precautions. When u tell them to do the right thing they won't listen to you. some will blame buhari like he's the one that put up the fire.

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Berrylite: 3:27pm On Aug 16, 2016
So unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Rilwayne001: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Iceberg3:
buhari sef

Everything is BUHARI'.. Chai Nigerians undecided

Make Buhari kuku' die lipsrsealed grin

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Chibuhealth(f): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ok....
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by tobtap: 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
sad, peoples life investments up in flames.. HOPE THEY HAVE INSURANCE
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Ayoswit(f): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
pathetic

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by michoim(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
What has Buhari got to do with this.Blind hatred!
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Rilwayne001: 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
michoim:
What has Buhari got to do with this.Blind hatred!

Help me ask them o :;g
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by jeje123(m): 3:30pm On Aug 16, 2016
Iceberg3:
buhari sef
Buhari ko Ambode ni grin grin grin
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Khd95(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
And there is a filling station around there oooo shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Princejebs(m): 3:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
God help us especially in these hard economy

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by UTILITYMAY(m): 3:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
What is it with fire almost every week? If not market, it will be petrol tanker, if not bus it will be shop. God help us in this country, if it's our sins please forgive us. May God restore in multiple folds to the affected ones.

2 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Scholes00: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Too bad.
Livelihoods gone.
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by madridsta007(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
"Strange" fire, right?

Good.

Has the government in that state, area or location pleaded for the shop owners to relocate? Or do they have a plan to build something on that particular site?

Did the fire "start" at an ungodly hour, when strangely, for a busy place, no one was around?

And you believe that the fire is "mysterious"?

LOL. Governance and politics is very dirty game.

3 Likes

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by ShitHead(m): 3:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
See what APC has caused.
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by urboy4real1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
Iceberg3:
buhari sef

Weting concern Buhari with this story nw??

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by lordkhalifa(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2016
bughari u will wake up one day see Nigeria in flame ... I blame the useless government that can't provide for it citizens.... Nigerians are hungry one day person go chop person 4 dis yeye con3... if dem Neva start self... abeg who get sugar I won drink ijebu garri undecided
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by RZArecta(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
The economic ethnic cleansing continues cool

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Bustybee: 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2016
https://insidify.com/discovery/your-to-do-list-the-right-way

How To Make Your To Do List The Right Way

You will admit, there’s been several times you’ve felt jaded by the several ever-growing list of task you had to accomplish per day. Sometimes you employ the use of lists, notes, follow-ups, calendars — these are all great tools but are they the right way to manage what you need to do? For you to visually understand the importance of what you need or have to do?

Doesn’t it just get frustrating when you’ve spent your whole week working tirelessly on one thing or the other and then you feel unaccomplished? You suddenly realize that the week went by without raking in some achievements for you. You take one look at the list you made at the beginning of the week and start to wonder what you’ve spent all those long hours on. It then occurs to you that you’ve been firefighting instead of actually doing stuff that matter to your productivity.

I bet the situation gets you asking yourself ‘what do I do?’

Continuereading here to find out https://insidify.com/discovery/your-to-do-list-the-right-way
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by lordkhalifa(m): 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
bughari is a man made disaster...
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
ShitHead:
See what APC has caused.

undecided

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Omeny: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2016
Fire in an Electronic shops.
I know the group of pple that will mostly be affected by this fire. #Easterners

But what is causing fire in shops and markets everywhere in lagos?
Has anybody be following this trend the way I have be following them?

Anybody that deliberately cause another persons pains,losses,tears,our God in heaven is watching him/her and will repay such person(s) in full measure.
We will all account for all our deeds here on earth.
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Omeny: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
My advice to my Igbo-Brothers is to watch out very well.
This fire war is getting out of hands and I hope this setting on fire pple's shops and markets in which ever guise doesn't cause problem in lagos very soon.
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Mrjosaphat: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Everything is BUHARI'.. Chai Nigerians undecided
Make Buhari kuku' die lipsrsealed grin
jeje123:
Buhari ko Ambode ni grin grin grin
lexiconkabir:

Wetin buhari do you na?
urboy4real1:

Weting concern Buhari with this story nw??
una wan kill am
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Topbale(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
GOD HELP US
Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by Realmcfynest: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
Very close to my house.... Mojoyinola street. Thank God for the safety of life.

There was light for 24hrs yesterday and this happened today. God help us

1 Like

Re: Fire Destroys Shops And Houses At Bariga (New Garage) Lagos (Pics, Video) by eluquenson(m): 5:12pm On Aug 16, 2016
I saw it this morning while going to office, it's saddening cos the shops were loaded with electronics and generators

(1) (2) (Reply)

Innoson Vs Gtbank: I've Never Forged Tax Documents In My Life - Innoson Chukwuma / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.