Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ - Pets (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (57797 Views)

Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sheggy13(m): 11:43am On Aug 17, 2016
9jacrip:

Still does not justify arrest.

It is his choice for his own pet.

They can ignore it or move away.

Why is this so difficult for you people to grasp?
Why do you people like defending nonsense cos he's of your ethnic stock. This is how ethnic clashes start from nothing because of the stupidity of people like Chinakwe. Are you telling me that if me as a Yoruba man especially with all the hate towards Yorubas in that quarter as propagated by Nnamdi Kanu and his minions, go to the East and walk about in Onitsha main market with a dog writing Ojukwu on its body and hanging an Ojukwu slate on its head will get kudos from Igbos there. Won't I be attacked?

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 17, 2016
this is what happens when mentally unstable humanbeings, illiterates, dimwits, numb skulls, clueless individuals become ur security operatives. who would want to arrest an individual over name given to a dog?, when its time for them to pursue relevant cases they will b no where to be found.

5 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Rapmoney(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2016
Tolexander:
actually, taunt like this triggered the pre-civil war pogrom in the North.
Keep ur mouth shut there!!! Ur reasoning is very daft here! Who told u it was something like 'this' that caused the pre-civil war violence? The problem with people like u is that u hardly read and u talk before thinking.

6 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
The igbos hatred for Buhari is second to none. How will a sane person give a dog a whole president and commander in chief's name? This is the after effect of the negative messages Nnamdi kanu preached on his useless radio. He taught most of them to disrespect the president all because of their useless biafra agitations. I suggest this man be locked up and the keys thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. This will serve as a lesson to other unpatriotic IPOB yoots who found mentorship in Nnamdi kanu. How will the Igbo's feel if one names a goat Ojukwu? Biafra will never come sad
so are you trying to say our president is A DOG ?? Lol.. it even seem DOGS get the job done than that old man in Aso rock.. then, I'll start naming my ineffective animals BUHARI..

3 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by CSTR13: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2016
Sheggy13:

Why do you people like defending nonsense cos he's of your ethnic stock. This is how ethnic clashes start from nothing because of the stupidity of people like Chinakwe. Are you telling me that if me as a Yoruba man especially with all the hate towards Yorubas in that quarter as propagated by Nnamdi Kanu and his minions, go to the East and walk about in Onitsha main market with a dog writing Ojukwu on its body and hanging an Ojukwu slate on its head will get kudos from Igbos there. Won't I be attacked?
So, yorubaland has now become northern territory? Good to know.
I like how you wear your afonjaism with pride. grin

4 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by alaskido(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2016
Laugh wan kill me die grin grin grin grin grin. Useless government. The man is free to name his Dog with any name. Is the president the only one bearing BUAHRI in Nigeria? If I were the guy I will take a very good lawyer and sue their ass well.

3 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by tinktanker: 11:52am On Aug 17, 2016
madridguy:
Good, let him stay inside INBOX small and learn some simple lesson in hard way. This is how they bring problem upon themselves and when the jungle matured they start crying foul.

Bunch of hypocrite with hatred blood.
so Mr Billy shld arrest all Billy dog owners. Ur so lame in thinking. My friend named his dog Jenny so a girl called Jenny cld arrest him one day. It's obvious d name buhari is now seen as an insult. Shame to low thinkers like u n them.

3 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 11:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Sheggy13:

no sane Igbo will pay a mind to you because as far as we're concerned, Ojukwu is a HERO who can never be qualified with an animal... One can even interpret it as admiration for Ojukwu..

4 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 11:55am On Aug 17, 2016
So buhari has become a dog

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by tinktanker: 11:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Sixfootah:
so are you trying to say our president is A DOG ?? Lol.. it even seem DOGS get the job done than that old man in Aso rock.. then, I'll start naming my ineffective animals BUHARI..
I knw a dog called Obama. N is it only buhari dat answer dat name. Dogs ans a lot of people's names too.

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 11:56am On Aug 17, 2016
These are my lovely buharis

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 11:59am On Aug 17, 2016
tinktanker:
I knw a dog called Obama. N is it only buhari dat answer dat name. Dogs ans a lot of people's names too.
same thing am trying to say.. I mean, why arrest the guy over a name given to his dogs..

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by NonFarmPayrol: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Seriously this thrash came from someone who calls himself a mod in this forum!!! The same forum that allows GEJ to be called all manners of names including drunkard, clueless etc without breach of "public peace "

its big disappointment that Seun can allow a clear APC supporter to be a mod in POlitics sections

it kills the neutrality of this site

the day Mynd44 is banned as a mod i will take that section serious

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Omuka:
Ojukwu is a dog.

thanks bro,.. now your talking its is your
opinion people shouldn't fight for irrelevant
things like this.., this is humorous on its
own and no Igbo man would give it a
second thought as we have millions of
Ojukwu's ..this is 21st century for crying
out loud

people should be enlightened so they don't
behave like animals. we even have more
buhari's in Ghana compare to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Sixfootah(m): 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Bu bu

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by neocortex: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
sarrki:
Guys stop creating hatred & insecurity for innocent southerners living peacefully in the north and always learn to live by host community rules wherever you find yourself

If we are to follow your logic , the police have no business arresting the man.
His host were yorubas and none of them reported him to the police.
Guess who did another settler who is supposed to be following the
rules of the host community.

4 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by iLovenaijabet: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
aja buhari grin grin grin grin
naijabet lo ti ma gbera grin grin
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Ranchhoddas: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
DropShot:

Stop being unreasonable! Not everything is written in the constitution.
Tge Igbo guy's action is very provocative and could have led to civil unrest if the police didn't come in. Yes, You're free to name your dog as you deem fit but you must respect feelings of people around you in doing so.

Your right to freedom to name your dog as you like MUST NOT cause any discomfort to another man. If the Hausa mana had taken law in his hands and dispense jungle justice to that provocative Igbo man, you and your likes will run here to condemn him. Now that he did the right thing by reporting the case, you're talking gibberish of constitutionality.

Do you know how the civil war started?
Bullshit. So people should also not drink beer and eat pork because the Hausa man is offended right?

5 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by uzolexis(f): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

Oga, just imagine your neighbour naming his dog after your father's name. Tell me, how would you feel undecided

I won't be happy about it for sure but he has not committed a crime that warrants he be arrested. he is still within his legal rights and boundaries.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by surey: 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
What igbos will not tolerate in their area they will be doing elsewhere. They exhibit dominant posture everywhere. Idiots
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by BeClever: 12:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

Keep praying, God will eventually grant you a brain capable of communicating coherently

I was hoping to lure you into sanity but, it's obvious that many more hands and work are required..

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by uzolexis(f): 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Buikechukwu35:
is totally wrong to Name dog someone's Name.

Are you serious The kind of comments I see on NL is baffling sha...so what should we name our dogs pls, cos most dogs I know have names which can also be ascribed to humans.

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Achor1111(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
l did same also to my dog, come and arrest me!! Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by louie3(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2016
Is it me or this story is just too funny.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Leez(m): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
The igbos hatred for Buhari is second to none. How will a sane person give a dog a whole president and commander in chief's name? This is the after effect of the negative messages Nnamdi kanu preached on his useless radio. He taught most of them to disrespect the president all because of their useless biafra agitations. I suggest this man be locked up and the keys thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. This will serve as a lesson to other unpatriotic IPOB yoots who found mentorship in Nnamdi kanu. How will the Igbo's feel if one names a goat Ojukwu? Biafra will never come sad
so wen u lot were cursing gej it wasnt disrespect abi?
its good that tyranny has replaced democracy enjoy d change

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by andyanders: 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
Trut:
When has it become a crime to name a dog whatever name you like?

What the guy did was too wrong. How can you name a dog such and to further show that he was brewing for trouble, he inscribed the name on both sides of the dog.

Too bad.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by monex(m): 12:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
madridguy:
Good, let him stay inside INBOX small and learn some simple lesson in hard way. This is how they bring problem upon themselves and when the jungle matured they start crying foul.

Bunch of hypocrite with hatred blood.

when you think about this carefully. you would realise what he has done is not as criminal as you think it is.

the real issue is the sensitive nature of "those" who feel offended.

Think of what your reaction would have been if the same (giving a dog a name) had been done to the previous President Jonathan? If it would trigger same then fine.

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by petchi: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:

Your own mumu has no rival. You have just betrayed your hatred for Igbos. Who told you that Igbos hate Buhari because they did not vote for him. Did you vote for Jonathan and does that make you a hater of Ijaw people. People like you that has nothing reasonable to say should shut up your mouths..

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Princess4ng(f): 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
SaffronSpice:

No,Sis.
It doesn't work that way.
He is free to name his pet whatever he likes,but it becomes provocative when someone nearby is displeased - and rightly so - because his father bears the same name.
This shows he lacks fellow feeling and his action was intentional.
ohk..... No wahala na.. I understand
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
Who knws may b his is the chief commander of dogs in naija
dickrider:

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Ngozi123(f): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
The man is a troublemaker but that is no reason to detain him. If the Hausa man was so annoyed by the Igbo man's actions then he should have bought a dog and given it the Igbo man's father's name. I can't believe that some people are actually justifying the police's actions- they have no case. Just because the man hasn't denied it doesn't mean that he's admitted to it, the phrase 'no comment' comes to mind. He could easily lie and say that one of his close friends was called Buhari and he named the dog after him.

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Ngozi123(f): 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2016
HtwoOw:
Hes right !

Naming your Dog Buhari , writing it on your dogs body , then parading it in a region where Northerners live is nothing but stupidity

People do stupid things everyday but it doesn't mean that they should be arrested for it.

Deen77:

Can I name a goat "Ojukwu" and expect Igbo to say thank you.

Did you read the op? It clearly states that the man named his dog after his neighbour's father not the president. His neighbours knew this, which is why they complained to the police. I really don't see why the police had to get involved in this matter; it just seems like a neighbourhood quarrel that's got a bit out of hand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Dog Walk Held In Aba (Photos) / Gorillas Pose For Selfies With Anti-poaching Rangers In Congo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.