Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (57799 Views)

Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari / Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2016
[size=58pt]

So if i name my dog mark, Facebook founder will arrest me?
this is rubbish , where is the freedom of speech in this country?
if you can't handle criticism how then can you be called a leader?

[/size]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2016
why Lucky Igbinedion no talk... whereas,almost all d dogs names in Nigeria na Lucky

6 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Princess4ng(f): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2016
For Christ sake... If he had named that dog Goodluck nobody will arrest him... These are names.. What happened to our fundamental human rights?

12 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by trueconscience(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2016
Hmnnn...the statement by the police that the conduct could cause a breach of peace is very correct and if you ask me, wise...We don't want public disturbance and destruction of lives and properties in Ogun state, do we?

Isn't it wise to go and cause fight in your neighbor's house knowing fully well that the TV, radio, cups etc that would be destroyed won't be yours?
Can our trader try that in the North? He's safer doing it at "home" but no, he chose Ogun State.wisdom!!

"Wisdom is profitable to direct" "and in all your getting, get understanding".
Without doubt, I understand what the trader was trying to do and its definitely not in the interest of ONE Nigeria... wisdom is needed to ensure the unity of the country.we shouldn't allow little,unnecessary banters and biff balkanize our frail structure

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2016
Mynd44:

He can name his dog as he likes. When such action was purposely done to provoke his neighbors which will lead to an ethno-religious crises, he has crossed the line.

This is just like me making a video showing myself tearing up and burning a Quran and saying "Hey, I bought it with my money" and not expect the DSS to breaking my effing door in

But you are aware if someone burns the bible,nobody would threaten him right??
Yet you say Islam.is a religion of peace! Smh undecided

10 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by gabe15(m): 8:50am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
The igbos hatred for Buhari is second to none. How will a sane person give a dog a whole president and commander in chief's name? This is the after effect of the negative messages Nnamdi kanu preached on his useless radio. He taught most of them to disrespect the president all because of their useless biafra agitations. I suggest this man be locked up and the keys thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. This will serve as a lesson to other unpatriotic IPOB yoots who found mentorship in Nnamdi kanu. How will the Igbo's feel if one names a goat Ojukwu? Biafra will never come sad
When has it become a crime to name a dog whatever name you like?

6 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Tomjazzy2: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2016
adoniza:
Confirmed, we're now officially in another dictatorship.

Quite Sad

Oga, just imagine your neighbour naming his dog after your father's name. Tell me, how would you feel undecided
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by MrcuteOscar: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2016
but John Terry named his dog Chelsea just last week, Buhari should be grateful safe.

10 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by xchrisss90(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
The igbos hatred for Buhari is second to none. How will a sane person give a dog a whole president and commander in chief's name? This is the after effect of the negative messages Nnamdi kanu preached on his useless radio. He taught most of them to disrespect the president all because of their useless biafra agitations. I suggest this man be locked up and the keys thrown into the Atlantic Ocean. This will serve as a lesson to other unpatriotic IPOB yoots who found mentorship in Nnamdi kanu. How will the Igbo's feel if one names a goat Ojukwu? Biafra will never come sad
imbe

5 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by coachmotors(m): 8:52am On Aug 17, 2016
In America people name their dog Obama how many of them have been prosecuted Baikal sha every thing is sentiment and political.

4 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by AfroKnight: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2016
Even before reading the story, I knew the tribe of the trader. Some people are quick to draw blood. Later on, they will say they are persecuted. The joke is on the trader. Now he will lose money while in custody.

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by cockoduck: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
[s][/s]

Biafra will never come
And what will become of niggar area?

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by AreaFada2: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2016
adoniza:

Quite Sad

You know Nigerians have not really known proper democracy aside 1960-1966, 1979-1983, then 2007-2015.

1999-2007 was a quasi military regime of OBJ.

Most Nigerians under 35 have not really lived under proper democracy as teenagers or adults. Unless they have lived abroad in a democratic setting.

Therefore, the brutality the elite unleash on them always has enough people in support. Either on emotional, religious or political grounds.

Which part of Nigerian penal code forbids naming your dog whatever you like? Is the name Buhari patented by the president?

Anyhow, the dictatorship some Nigerians love so much is here. Because Shagari, Yar'Adua & GEJ that chose to entrench democratic ethos were labelled weak or clueless.

5 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by shaboti: 8:56am On Aug 17, 2016
As usual. Yorugba dogs running here to lick Hausa/Fulani arse.
Not surprised

9 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by aloziedaya(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2016
This is no case.
I had a dog named Tyson
Another one named Bright
Another named Mikel.

These are people's names too I believe.
That your father's name is Buhari doesn't
mean only him will answer Buhari.

Dogs are next to human and
go by names too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 17, 2016
dickrider:
So because he named a dog "Buhari", he should be killed. So, somebody's ordinary name is now equal to somebody's life? You see, when I call you IMBECIILE, they will say I'm talking hate speech. You no get sense. You don't have respect for lives.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by 9jatatafo(m): 8:57am On Aug 17, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by kinibigdeal(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Last year, before the election, I saw people name their dog, goat Jonathan, Goodluck etc and nothing happen

3 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Adie1993(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2016
Make dem free d man jor na watin Buhari cos for him self

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by taurusmena1(m): 8:58am On Aug 17, 2016
I wonder why your lots are quick to judge and generalise. You deserve to be thrown into that popular home @ Yaba left and forever forgotten since you wish a fellow human such treatment and does common sense not tell you that there is more to this story that transcends beyond the dog and most likely they all have been taunting each other? Kudos to the northerners for reporting the issue at the police station but a slap on their faces for threatening to kill the guy should he be granted bail(they should be locked behind bars for that)..That said,you can come all up on me with ethnic and whatever sort of insults you can relate to seeing your monicker says it all and I'll probably respond by soliciting the help of the defendant to name a his goat "Dickrier" or whatever your real name is...
dickrider:

5 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Gassa007: 8:59am On Aug 17, 2016
madridguy:
Good, let him stay inside INBOX small and learn some simple lesson in hard way. This is how they bring problem upon themselves and when the jungle matured they start crying foul.

Bunch of hypocrite with hatred blood.
E pain am ooooo.....hahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Tomjazzy2:

Oga, just imagine your neighbour naming his dog after your father's name. Tell me, how would you feel undecided
You no get sense. How am I suppose to feel? Africans, you're a disappointment to ur Creator

11 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by dajan03: 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
adoniza:

Quite Sad
make sure you have a brain of reading before commenting
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by magoo10(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2016
Jonathan was called worst names in his time,
so now you guys cant stand same

SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by flokii: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2016
shaboti:
As usual. Yorugba dogs running here to lick Hausa/Fulani arse.
Not surprised

You deserve a ban for this.. how low can people get just to pass a point. You shld check ursef honestly

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Buikechukwu35(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2016
is totally wrong to Name dog someone's Name.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by agwom(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2016
what concerning police with dog naming?

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by EVENTSPRO: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2016
Naming a dog any name is not bad but u must be considerate while doing so.

Of a truth, "common sense is no common"
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by chuks34(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2016
we are in the 21st century, that man wouldn't have spent 24hrs in the police cell if he had a lawyer. so u guys should forget about all this ranting.

1 Like

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 17, 2016
badboy92:
[size=58pt]

So if i name my dog mark, Facebook founder will arrest me?
this is rubbish , where is the freedom of speech in this country?
if you can't handle criticism how then can you be called a leader?

[/size]
Buhari is never a leader. He's just an opportunist, who uses his ill-gotten administration to victimize his "enemies"

2 Likes

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ by abiodunijeoma(m): 9:03am On Aug 17, 2016
thank God it happened here if its up there a lot if life's could ave been lost by now well done 9ja police
and also to reporter for maturity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Dog Walk Held In Aba (Photos) / Gorillas Pose For Selfies With Anti-poaching Rangers In Congo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.