Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form (1220 Views)

How Do I Solve This Problem On Html And Css? / See The Javascript Code That Is Turning My Brain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by coelink: 5:41am On Aug 17, 2016
hello guys, I am new to coding, I need help on a code that displays the details that are filled in a form after form is submitted. thanks
Re: Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:48am On Aug 17, 2016
you know how to create the form already?
Re: Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by hollyfat(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2016
You can do that with javascript or php
Re: Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by coelink: 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
you know how to create the form already?
yes, I know all that
Re: Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by KvnqPrezo(m): 1:07am On Aug 18, 2016
coelink:

yes, I know all that
you need to add action to the form e.g process.php so go learn a programming language to put your form to work....

hope it helps?
Re: Help On Html Code That Displays Form Details After Submitting Form by simiolu1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
I will try write out the complete logic for your simple HTML code.

1. The action of the html form has to be specified. It is that action that will be performed when the user clicks the submit or send button.

2. The action should probably be a PHP script. As you can do a lot of form validation to sanitize user input.

3. I'll advice that you do a little bit of form validation with your HTML. For example, if one of the input fields is for e-mail, then set type = email in your code. You can set type for passwords, number, text, etc. You can also set minimum and maximum number of characters. I'll also encourage you to set some fields that are compulsory as required in your html.

4. This is where the PHP comes in. You really need to think through your form. Are all the fields required? If they are, how are you going to make sure the user fills them?

5. In your PHP script, the first thing you need to do is make sure your PHP script grabs data from the HTML form.

6. If you're successful with that, what you just need to do is to echo the data back to the user.

(1) (Reply)

How To Send Bulk Messages To DND Number Via SIM Hosting Server | Simhostng / Difficulties Learning Javascript? This Will Change Your Life! / Programmers, How Can I Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.