Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 (35364 Views)

African Union Youth Volunteer Corps Graduate AU Volunteers Recruitment - 9th Bat / Apply For African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC) 2018 / Delay Of Payment And Posting Of Lagos Npower Volunteer Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2016
Call For Applications: 7th Batch AU-YVC Recruitment
AFRICAN UNION YOUTH VOLUNTEER CORPS (AU-YVC)
What: CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: 7th BATCH AU-YVC RECRUITMENT
When: 02nd – 22nd August 2016
Where: ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY: www.africa-youth.org/auyvc
Who: African Union Commission/ Youth Division (HRST)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa's development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 02nd – 22nd August 2016.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicants have to meet the following criteria:

1) Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
2) Age 18 – 33 years;
3) Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
4) Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5) Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
7) Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.

Eligible Fields of Qualification

For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
 Accounting
 Agriculture
 Communication Studies
 Computer Science
 Diverse Natural Science Fields
 Economics
 Education
 Environmental Management
 Gender Studies 
Human Resources Management
 Human rights
 International relations
 Journalism
 Law
 Political Science
 Space Science
 Statistics
 Translation/Interpretation

Application Process:

1. Register on the AU-YVC Database (www.africa-youth.org/auyvc)
2. Read carefully the information on the website
3. Build Your Profile
4. Attach the following:
- Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
- Highest qualification degree
- Letter of Recommendation
5. Submit application (latest by 22nd August 2016 midnight Addis Ababa time)

*Late applications and applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered

*THOSE WHO HAD APPLIED BEFORE ARE REQUESTED TO RE-APPLY

Recruitment Process:

1) 23rd August – eligibility Check;
2) 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
3) 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
4) 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
Volunteer Entitlements:
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.

On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:

1) Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
2) A modest monthly stipend
3) Health insurance cover
4) Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months
More Information:
For more information, please contact Ms Prudence Ngwenya (Head of Youth Division); Mr Daniel Adugna (AU-YVC Program Manager)
youth@africa-union.org
www.africa-youth.org/auyvc
www.facebook.org/auyvc

http://www.au.int/en/announcements/31220/call-applications-7th-batch-au-yvc-recruitment

2 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Alero3Arubi:
Call For Applications: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 (Funding Available)
Deadline: August 22, 2016
Applications are invited for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC). The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own.
The program aims to deepen the status of young people in Africa as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the AU Vision of ‘the Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Eligibility
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
Age 18 – 33 years;
Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligibile fields of qualification: for the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
Accounting, Agriculture, Comm Studies, Computer Science, Diverse Natural Science Fields, Economics, Education, Management, Gender Studies, Human Resources Management, Human rights, International relations, Journalism, Law, Poli Science, Space Science, Social Science.

So hoe do we apply?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
This is a great opportunity. I however want to know how the volunteering would be, is it a full time thing? or can it be adequately combined with other engagements.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 17, 2016
Folafikemi:

So hoe do we apply?
I gave you an info google it.
Its quite incomplete.
Heard and googled it.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2016
optimusmind:
This is a great opportunity. I however want to know how the volunteering would be, is it a full time thing? or can it be adequately combined with other engagements.

It is purely full time dear.

1 Like

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by khattab008: 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2016
Alero3Arubi:

It is purely full time dear.

Can a graduate awaiting nysc apply?
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Chigojude: 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
khattab008:

Can a graduate awaiting nysc apply?

yes you can, you just need to be a graduate, nysc isn't necessary. cos you ll get to work in an African country other than Nigeria
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by gergemam: 12:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Thank You OP for this lovely post...

Let me apply sharp sharp through here:::::

http://www.africa-youth.org/be-auyv

1 Like

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Kelklein(m): 5:13am On Aug 18, 2016
From past experience... this programme is unreliable, hopeless and annoying

I even think it is sponsored by the Immigration guys every year to get as many Nigerians as possible to come for passport cos record shows that they make a killing from Nigerians whenever the useless programme comes up as everyone rushes to get a passport from them to try their luck

This is not to discourage anyone tho. There is no harm in trial..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by khattab008: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2016
Chigojude:

yes you can, you just need to be a graduate, nysc isn't necessary. cos you ll get to work in an African country other than Nigeria

Okay, thanks.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2016
Kelklein:

I even think it is sponsored by the Immigration guys every year to get as many Nigerians as possible to come for passport cos record shows that they make a killing from Nigerians whenever the useless programme comes up as everyone rushes to get a passport from them to try their luck

Pls bro could you share experience with us and ket people gain from it. And whatever we decided eventually will be our own responsibility.
I stilk implore you to come boldly to tell us what your experience was tje last time. Thanks
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Chigojude: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Folafikemi:

Pls bro could you share experience with us and ket people gain from it. And whatever we decided eventually will be our own responsibility.
I stilk implore you to come boldly to tell us what your experience was tje last time. Thanks

on their Facebook page

www.facebook.com/auyvc

check the comment thread under the application advert they made..... a lady inquired about not having a passport and they said she could use her national ID card for now to apply. I don't think the AU will have ulterior motives behind having a youth volunteer program, as far as its not taking youths to the war fronts as aids for war victims. all the same like you said its better to apply and decide whether to go or not in the future.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by kayteajay111(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
Can HND holder apply? because they are always talking of Bsc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Thisis2raw(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good post.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
What is the income?
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Boyooosa(m): 2:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
K
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Harmored(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
undecided
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Spells(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nice one.... Oya let the applying begins
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by olamds(m): 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
Who wl pay for all d expenses?
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by NameChecker: 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
Would have applied but for the following reasons:-
1. No International Passport shocked
2. No Chance for Nairaland embarassed
3. No Name to Check
undecided

4 Likes

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by jimb(m): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Is it to pay another 1000 naira? no way menh

1 Like

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by mpu0001: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
am a Dr can I apply
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by musicwriter(m): 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
6) Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese)

Just look at!.

The entire African continent with over 3,000 languages have none of her own language as an official language, instead we still have the languages of our oppressors as our official language, after 60 years of so called independence.

These are some of the things I see and conclude we're still in slavery.

What a shame!!.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by babs01(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jobless me
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by LordHiffy(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Do I need to get a passport?
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by LordHiffy(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
Do I need to get a an int. Passport or so

1 Like

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hmm
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by UbiIsaac(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
can I apply as a clergy, and no international passport.
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Paschalparix(m): 3:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
kayteajay111:
Can HND holder apply? because they are always talking of Bsc.

HND is just a national and not international diploma. This is where it usually gets trashed by B.Sc. The two no be mate.

2 Likes

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by horladmejy(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
If volunteer work no reach one year nko.....we go patch am put like that. grin ..OP who has a challenge in this...we need to know the insight though..lemme Google first
Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by horladmejy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Paschalparix:

HND is just a national and not international diploma. This is where it usually gets trashed by B.Sc. The two no be mate.
oga boss....it is written Bsc or it's equivalent... HND can be use jare.

2 Likes

Re: AU Youth Volunteer Corps 2016 by Funjosh(m): 3:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
Kelklein:

You are not far from the truth bro, because it was during my application for this program that i got my international passport. cool

Guys apply it is real but if you will be selected is what i cant say. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Has Received Npower January Stipend? / 2019 NNPC Recruitment 'Discriminatory' As Lawyer Threatens To Drag NNPC To Court / Break Down On The Pre-selection Process, Please Read Imagine Below Carefully.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.