|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,075,253 members, 4,480,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 08:06 PM
|How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2016|
Since I learnt how to peel beans (Thanks to Zaynie ) with the easiest ease....Moimoi has been my new BAE.
I will just take you through my moimoi techniques & style with pictures to give you clear understanding
2. Fresh pepper
3. Tomatoes paste
5. Groundnut oil
1. My good faithful & loyal blender (The blender is BAE anytime....can even blend coconut... Yes! I like to brag)
2. Cups shaped like cupcake (My own def of cupcake o!)
3. Hot plate (I can't waste my gas on top moi moi in the Buhari season )
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Badgers14: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2016|
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2016|
Step by Step
1. Firstly I soaked the beans in water for 3mins before pouring it in the blender ( This is to peel the skin off the beans faster - using the blender instead of the conventional way I use to do it)
2. I plug the blender to electricity and spin for less than one minute (I didn't want to break the beans in bits & pieces)....I poured the beans in a bowl and sieved out the chaff (Its that easy).
3 After thoroughly sieving out all the chaff, I soaked the beans for about an hour (This is to achieve a soothe paste as am blending with a blender and not the 'market engine')
4 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2016|
4. After I confirm the beans soft enough, I poured it into the blender with fresh pepper, tomatoe paste, crayfish & onions and blender till I achieve a smooth paste (Because am using a hand blender, I blend in batches).
5. I poured the smooth paste into a bowl, mixed it with water to my satisfaction, added my groundnut oil and salt + maggi to taste and stirred properly. I already boiled the eggs and diced as I want (I no fit begin use one full boiled egg for each plate o ....). I rinse the cupcake-look alike plates very well (I choose the plates over nylons and moimoi leaves because I can keep using them over and over again + I don't really know how to use the moimoi leaves sef
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2016|
Network sucks tonight....Still trying to upload the concluding part of my moimoi adventure.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by marhoinspire: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2016|
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2016|
From what I see that blender is really good. Did it blend everything smoothly, with no small chunks or beans inside? It looks like a very simple blender but did an awesome job of blending the beans.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Aminat508(f): 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2016|
@ Op why tomatoes?
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by ahnie(f): 7:45pm On Aug 19, 2016|
Cc me for the final episode!
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by duperola(f): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2016|
y do ppl put tomatoes in moi moi or egusi?
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2016|
That's how this my disrespectful phone made me disappoint those following my moimoi story
Abeg make una no vex abeg
cc : ahnie , marhoinspire , yieldings , aminat508 , duperola
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2016|
The blender is strong, faithful and reliable It blends smoothly with no chunk or trace of beans inside at all.
Because I like the taste of tomatoes in my moimoi and I like the beauty it gives it...You should try it
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 9:48am On Aug 22, 2016|
6. I scooped the quantity of moimoi into each of the plates, added my already boiled egg to each plate (The economy no let me add one full egg to each plate
7. I placed the plates inside a deep pot, I poured water inside the pot with the plates in it and placed the pot on my hot plate (Once again economy no let me use gas take cook moimoi....lailai
8. After about an hour (choose to boil for that long)....I swapped the plates i.e brought the ones from bottom to top, this is to ensure all plates cooks properly) and the result was sweeeeeeeet!
9. I ate my moimoi with rice + oil peppered stew + meat...You should have tasted it....#Fingerlicking
Appreciation goes to Zaynie for teaching me how to skin my beans with blender to make the work easier
Sugah, Ahnie, Liftedhands , Fortius , Mitchyy e.t.c food is ready.... I can give you one plate of moimoi each but no rice o! Don't look at me with bad eyes....Bag of rice is #22,000 now
15 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 9:56am On Aug 22, 2016|
Pardon my poor narrative plzzzzz....I know I was suppose to include timing and all that but no time to do all that.....Also sorry for poor picture quality, I still dey save money to take buy iPhone 7.
The picture didn't do justice to my sekzy moimoi.
17 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by prinsam30(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2016|
pls, what product is your blender and where can I get one, thank you
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Iyabetajos(f): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2016|
Chei chei u too much
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:01am On Aug 23, 2016|
The name is simply LS....I bought it from a "UK /US used electronic shop' o!
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 7:02am On Aug 23, 2016|
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by prinsam30(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2016|
wonderful, pls can I get this blender in any of the Nigerian shops
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 23, 2016|
soooo my post no land since 2days now....o ga fun nairaland network ooo.....CHAI!CHAI!!CHAI!!! DIA IS GOD OOO..Hw i go cum join u wen u dey 1milion km away frm me ..mitchyy go helep me chop am for brezz so hansel go suck am wella...weldone ma mofe..i go try am dis wknd .
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by mitchyy(f): 5:59am On Aug 24, 2016|
So this has been going on in my backyard and you didn't invite me when the moi moi was available. Na wa o mama. You owe me 3 plates of moi moi this week
And one extra for Hansel
Well done! I've never ever gotten my moi moi right. Most times it doesnt become thick and its totally tasteless. What am i doing wrong?
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2016|
I can't really say o! But I know you can't go wrong with Kenwood.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 11:04am On Aug 24, 2016|
Network has been pooooooooo. The miles don't matter, I can deliver via DHL Anyway since you don say make Mitchyy take your own....Ko buru.
Please try and let's see.....Moimoi is BAE
I go bring Hansel share of the moimoi when I come around.... 5plates.
Check the quantity of water you put in and plz note that when you pour in your oil it gets lighter so you have to really be checkful with water input. As for it been tasteless, you ingredient application is same with how you make your other soups & food. As you add you ingredients, you keep tasting till you are okay with the taste. E no hard babe.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by prinsam30(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2016|
thank you very plentiful, I will ask around
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by joey150(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2016|
I liked this. Am using your style when next i cook this.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2016|
Awwwwwww.....Please use and update us.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:56pm On Sep 02, 2016|
My dear, the healthy moulders (if I can use that word) for moin moin are good old leaves or tin containers and not plastic cups or nylon as the two are synthetic. They contain chemicals that will dissolve into the food being cooked.
Please try to learn how to wrap moin moin leaves or use tin containers for health sake.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 2:04pm On Sep 02, 2016|
Noted ma'am. Thanks.
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2016|
OP, you really tried.
when next you want to cook moinmoin, please use rodo with tatashe or shombo in place of tomato. post the pictures on this thread and let us compare colours.
I know it is a matter of choice, but give it a trial..
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by tyconcepts(f): 3:32am On Sep 05, 2016|
I know tatashe....which one is shombo I'm willing to try new things
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by bolseas(f): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2016|
lol...ok.... I don't know the English name but it is also called Bawa. if I get a picture of it I will post it or if someone else could help with the English name....
|Re: How I Made My Moimoi by Sese2(f): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2016|
Sorry to ask this, i didn't see anywhre u mentioned Onions, u dn't like using it in ur moimoi or u forgot?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110