Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (29380 Views)

Religious Atheism EXPOSED : God Without Religion and Religion Without God / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by agwom(m): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2016
People are far away from the truth that is why things are falling apart...
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is what u said

I have noticed that u are not always consistent in argument.

Are you ok? Just because i made that bold does not mean i was refering to it. Why are you so desperate to be right when you are not even a Christian? I know what i said and what you posted up there wasnt it. Can you reconcile that with my first definition for Jealousy?

I have noticed that you lie just to win arguments just as you are doing here.

Let me quote what i said again because you love lying just to win an argument

[b]The context of the word Jealous as God said He is a Jealous God means to be fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.. It does not mean He is refering to another diety. He is refering to His creation whom have chosen to serve Him. I think you need to check the meaning of the word JEALOUS....Oh wait let me post it here for you

jealous
ˈdʒɛləs/
adjective
adjective: jealous

feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.
"she was always jealous of me"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous; More
resentful, grudging, begrudging;
jaundiced, bitter, malicious, spiteful;
green with envy, green, green-eyed;
greedy, selfish, acquisitive;
formalemulous
"he was jealous of his brother's popularity"
antonyms: admiring, proud
feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that one's partner is attracted to or involved with someone else.
"a jealous husband"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious; More
apprehensive of rivals, possessive, proprietorial, overprotective, clinging, controlling, dominating
"a jealous lover"
antonyms: trusting, understanding
fiercely protective of one's rights or possessions.
"the men were proud of their achievements and jealous of their independence"
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous, attentive
"they are very jealous of their rights"

like i said, stop jumping the gun![/b]

Go back to where i posted this original quote and notice that i made it bold but made some words bigger and the bigger words are my focus because they are Synonyms. I hope you know what a Synonym is. Learn to be truthful and dont be so desperate to be right that you would lie to achieve that.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2016
otemanuduno:

All gods are the children of ALMIGHTY GOD whose name in Latin is DOMINO REVERAD.
check here to know more about ALMIGHTY GOD who does not demand worship but the use of individual brains to do good to humanities and making findings. https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
I see. OK. Is that all?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by eph12(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2016
ValentineMary:

I am sure anyone reading this would be certain that u ain't making much sense.
Lol. I don't expect it to make sense to an atheist as I also don't expect you to make sense to me. Just trying to let you know so you don't bring up weak arguments next time and be feeling like you're making sense.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2016
eph12:

Lol. I don't expect it to make sense to an atheist as I also don't expect you to make sense to me. Just trying to let you know so you don't bring up weak arguments next time and be feeling like you're making sense.
U were not even following the argument. U just jumped from nowhere. The dude claimed the bible said there is only one God and I gave verses that said.otherwise. U theist can be so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by ValentineMary(m): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Are you ok? Just because i made that bold does not mean i was refering to it. Why are you so desperate to be right when you are not even a Christian? I know what i said and what you posted up there wasnt it. Can you reconcile that with my first definition for Jealousy?

I have noticed that you lie just to win arguments just as you are doing here.

Let me quote what i said again because you love lying just to win an argument

Go back to where i posted this original quote and notice that i made it bold but made some words bigger and the bigger words are my focus because they are Synonyms. I hope you know what a Synonym is. Learn to be truthful and dont be so desperate to be right that you would lie to achieve that.

This is what u said right?

feeling or showing an envious resentment of
someone or their achievements, possessions,
or perceived advantages.

formalemulous
feeling or showing a resentful suspicion that
one's partner is attracted to or involved with
someone else.
"a jealous husband"
synonyms: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful,
doubting, insecure, anxious; More
apprehensive of rivals, possessive,
proprietorial, overprotective, clinging,
controlling, dominating
"a jealous lover"
fiercely protective of one's rights or
possessions.
"the men were proud of their achievements
and jealous of their independence"
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant,
watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous,
attentive

Take a look at the bold text. Is that not the part I quoted earlier? Why do u xtians lie a lot later u go dey claim morality.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by free37: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2016
Hmm...
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is what u said right?

or perceived advantages.

formalemulous
someone else.
"a jealous husband"
controlling, dominating
"a jealous lover"
possessions.
synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant,
attentive

Take a look at the bold text. Is that not the part I quoted earlier? Why do u xtians lie a lot later u go dey claim morality.

The part you quoted was not my focus. Were you the one who pulled up the definition of the word JEALOUS? I DID and i highlighted and made bigger my focus but in your lies you messed with my quote. Lying Atheist!

Anyone that says you are intelligent is committing a felony. Its either you are deliberately misquoting my post or you really are unintelligent.

Let me Post it again and show you the part which is a synonym to the word JEALOUS

or perceived advantages.
formalemulous
someone else.
"a jealous husband"
controlling, dominating
"a jealous lover"
possessions.
[size=20pt]synonyms: protective, defensive, vigilant,
attentive
[/size]

if you are using a gadget that does not show magnified words then i would understand but i doubt that you are so i would say you are deliberately misquoting my post so as to appear intelligent when you are actually not.

You are a liar and you know it.

Even when i gave a definition for Jealous matching my context here you are deliberately fooling yourself.

Atheists and lies mixed with being unintelligent are a match made in heaven

I even asked you if you know what the word SYNONYM means and you ignored that. So much for your intelligence undecided
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by PastorAIO: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Nobody is talking about heaven or hell. We are reasoning together so try not to jump the gun

The presumption is that your morality is shaped by the carrot and stick of Heaven and Hell. Is this untrue?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

The presumption is that your morality is shaped by the carrot and stick of Heaven and Hell. Is this untrue?

Totality untrue. Our Morality is shaped in Love and not fear or favour.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Immorttal: 1:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
engrchykae:
humans only do what is right when they something to be afraid,never appeal to a man's gratitude but to his selfish interest.
my point is humans would be worse than what is obtainable today without religion especially Christianity,Buddhism,Hinduism,
even though these religions preach peace and non-violence and also enjoys a cult following,yet we have crimes and wickedness going on,
u will not want to imagine what I will turn to if am sure there is no God,
that notion is incorrect,humans fears the government.The government represents every inch the 'God' we see.Every sane human would respect and adhere to the governments standards,the government don't give a damn and would kill you irrespective of the faith you holds.Its point-blank that religion was incorporated by man to satisfy his selfish idea of an afterlife.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by PastorAIO: 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Totality untrue. Our Morality is shaped in Love and not fear or favour.

You are supposed to speak only for yourself, otherwise I can point to dozens of others who evidently have their moral opinions shaped by the threats of hell and promise of heaven.

For example the dozens upon dozens of posts here in NL that are based on an argument called Pascal's Wager. That alone is an indictment of your 'our morality' that you're bearing on your chest.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

You are supposed to speak only for yourself, otherwise I can point to dozens of others who evidently have their moral opinions shaped by the threats of hell and promise of heaven.

For example the dozens upon dozens of posts here in NL that are based on an argument called Pascal's Wager. That alone is an indictment of your 'our morality' that you're bearing on your chest.

I also believe that your opinion is meant for yourself so you should speak for yourself in it. I can also point at millions of Believers and not Dozens of them whose worship of God is based on Love and nothing else....Note these millions and millions of believers are in the real world and not Nairaland. Besides even here on Nairaland i can also show you hundreds of same.

Are you one of those whose moral opinion is shaped by the fear of hell or the reward of heaven?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by cloudgoddess(f): 2:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I also believe that your opinion is meant for yourself so you should speak for yourself in it. I can also point at millions of Believers and not Dozens of them whose worship of God is based on Love and nothing else....Note these millions and millions of believers are in the real world and not Nairaland. Besides even here on Nairaland i can also show you hundreds of same.

Are you one of those whose moral opinion is shaped by the fear of hell or the reward of heaven?
Explain why Christians use Pascals Wager as an argument so frequently, if hell is not a motivator for them.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by PastorAIO: 2:38pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You sure have super powers. I once believed that only God could see into the hearts of men, but it seems that you too can see the motivations for which people worship God.

Neither my moral opinion nor my religion is based on fear of hell or reward of heaven.

I do believe that there are consequences to my actions and that makes me cautious whenever I deliberate on what to do next in my life.
However I do not recall anywhere where I've spoken plurally as if for a group by saying something like 'Our Morality'. I've only ever spoken for myself so I don't quite get what you mean by telling me to speak for myself.

Please can you point to a couple of these millions of christians whose worship of God you can demonstrate is based on Love? Obviously I'd require them to be a public figure or someone on NL.

3 Likes

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by cloudgoddess(f): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
A duel between you too would be fun to watch. You are both ''extremists'' on opposite sides of the divide. I am almost salivating at the thought. The fact that you seem to accept evolution would make it more interesting... Cloudgoddess what sayeth ye??
Lol.. how am I an extremist?
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2016
PastorAIO:

You sure have super powers. I once believed that only God could see into the hearts of men, but it seems that you too can see the motivations for which people worship God.

Neither my moral opinion nor my religion is based on fear of hell or reward of heaven.

I do believe that there are consequences to my actions and that makes me cautious whenever I deliberate on what to do next in my life.
However I do not recall anywhere where I've spoken plurally as if for a group by saying something like 'Our Morality'. I've only ever spoken for myself so I don't quite get what you mean by telling me to speak for myself.

Please can you point to a couple of these millions of christians whose worship of God you can demonstrate is based on Love? Obviously I'd require them to be a public figure or someone on NL.

Do you honestly think you deserve this honour? I do know where your discussion is headed as always "they" seek proof. You are already making demands which is quite uncanny to me so Sorry i will not go down that route with you. Suffice to say that you know what you know while i know what i know. Lets keep it that way shall we?

Discussing spiritual things with a carnal minded man is futile so i beg to decline. Thanks for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Explain why Christians use Pascals Wager as an argument so frequently, if hell is not a motivator for them.

Pascals wager is an opinion and not a fact. Pascals wager is focused on the hearer and not the speaker. The speaker uses it as a reference out of love for the hearer and not on his personal position with God.

Its an abstract position. I can tell you that getting angry in a relationship is ok and healthy based on your level of reasoning while personally i no longer get angry with my spouse. It relates to whoever at their level.

For baby Christians heaven or hell stands as a motivation or deterrent but for a mature believer..its LOVE and this LOVE is gotten via experience and a personal walk with God.

Just like you who believes in evolution, if i go with your assumption per evolution then is evolution stagnant? It changes and then BECOMES...What it BECOMES is now totally different from how it BEGAN. I believe that even you ought to know this and not use it as an argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by raphieMontella: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
cloudgoddess... Well said.. Thank you..

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by plaetton: 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
malvisguy212:
what about politics that have cause more harm ? Should we abandon it or find the right formula ?

Politics and religion and usually intertwined.

The op is just saying that minus religion, the world would be a lot better, but not necessarily perfect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by PastorAIO: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Do you honestly think you deserve this honour?

What honour would that be?

I do know where your discussion is headed as always "they" seek proof.

Like I assumed, you have super powers. What can't you know?

You are already making demands which is quite uncanny to me so Sorry i will not go down that route with you.

What demands have I made exactly? and why should it be 'uncanny'?

Suffice to say that you know what you know while i know what i know. Lets keep it that way shall we?

But most importantly An Oxymoron is an oxymoron.

Discussing spiritual things with a carnal minded man is futile so i beg to decline. Thanks for your time.

pfft!
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by oaroloye(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:
I often see the argument posed by theists, and some atheists, that humanity somehow requires religion to keep from imploding on itself, and taking away religion would lead to widespread chaos and eventually doomsday.

I tend to strongly disagree.

This is a list of ways I think humanity could very likely be better off without religion now (specifically the Abrahamic religions and others with similar doctrines), supported by evidence I've come across.

Without religion:
1. Humanity could get along better. Tribalism is the blanket term to describe the innate human tendency to form alliances and groups against one another. More and more research is showing that tribalism can be overcome, and peace amongst people of different groups can be achieved, the more people are able to see a like-ness in one another. A "you are human just like me, I accept you, I feel comfortable around you".

THAT IS NOT TRUE, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE SOVIET UNION GOT RID OF RELIGION.

Millions of Soviets were killed by Soviets.

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by am0sn0nyu: 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
neocortex:

I read the post, your attempt to differentiate tribalism from its negative effects
is your limited understanding of what tribalism is.

Let me help you with some definitions.

1. Tribalism : the state or fact of being organized in a tribe or tribes.
2. Tribalism : the behaviour and attitudes that stem from strong loyalty to one's own tribe or social group.

3. Tribalism : loyalty to a tribe or other social group especially when combined with strong negative feelings
for people outside the group.

I believe you are only aware of definition number one, that is why you think tribalism is
different from tribal discrimination. Tribalism has several meanings like other english words,
hence there is no point using only one meaning to explain the phenomenon.
dblackninja:

My kind sir...You're still linking tribalism to only ethnicity...that is where you got it all wrong..
Cloudgoddess doesn't need any clarifications, neither does majority of Nigerians need it like you said.
I will like you to study more & correct yourself.. don't wanna say much though..

Once again you [or + your friend] are alone with your opinion.
The point I am making is that there's nothing evil or wrong with TRIBALISM (identifying with one's own tribe like every other tribes throughout the world does but we should all frown on tribal discrimination/segregation. Hope you now get my point.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 1:42am On Aug 20, 2016
oaroloye:

THAT IS NOT TRUE, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE SOVIET UNION GOT RID OF RELIGION.

Millions of Soviets were killed by Soviets.
Where was Ur God when 60million people where killed??

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by felixomor: 4:31am On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

He was keeping to His word. And that doesnt change the fact that u killed the 60 million and many more grin
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by dblackninja: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2016
am0sn0nyu:

The point I am making is that there's nothing evil or wrong with TRIBALISM (identifying with one's own tribe like every other tribes throughout the world does but we should all frown on tribal discrimination/segregation. Hope you now get my point.

Yeah I get your point..that's why I was surprised that your alter ego went to create a 2-page post trying to differentiate the words.

Like I said before you're only linking tribalism to ethnicity (tribes) without noting what the noun (-ism) , which is usually associated with belief & behaviour, is doing at the end of that adjective "tribal".

Can you equally say that there's nothing wrong with racism but race discrimination

I don't wanna say much so I'll instead refer you to Google, merriam webster dictionary , Oxford ald and all dictionaries in the world..

My brother before you start correcting & teaching the "majority of Nigerians", try to get your facts right.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by oglalasioux(m): 7:48am On Aug 20, 2016
cloudgoddess:
I often see the argument posed by theists, and some atheists, that humanity somehow requires religion to keep from imploding on itself, and taking away religion would lead to widespread chaos and eventually doomsday.

I tend to strongly disagree.

This is a list of ways I think humanity could very likely be better off without religion now (specifically the Abrahamic religions and others with similar doctrines), supported by evidence I've come across.

Without religion:
1. Humanity could get along better. Tribalism is the blanket term to describe the innate human tendency to form alliances and groups against one another. More and more research is showing that tribalism can be overcome, and peace amongst people of different groups can be achieved, the more people are able to see a like-ness in one another. A "you are human just like me, I accept you, I feel comfortable around you".

Religion is a direct obstacle to achieving this like-ness, and it shouldn't be hard to imagine why. Religion teaches millions of people, usually via childhood indoctrination (brainwashing), that because the so-called "creator of the entire universe" said so, they are better, more "holy", more valuable, more moral than other groups of people. This is a perfect recipe for unnecessary tribalistic tendencies. And we see this type of religious tribalism unfolding all over the world, often violently.

Don't get me wrong, tribalism can and does exist in many other forms (racism, imperialism, even people with different tastes in music can form alliances based on that). But what sets religion apart is the fact that it rests upon a firm foundation of fear (of hell), and shielded from criticism in a way other forms of tribalism aren't, making it much harder to overcome.

2. Humanity could better understand the world & universe around us. Since the dawn of scientific & empirical thought, religion has been in direct opposition to a vast amount of scientific progress. No honest person can deny this. When Galileo discovered the earth revolved around the sun and not the other way around, the church wanted him killed because it contradicted the picture the gospels painted of our place in the world. The same goes for the anti-evolution nonsense that still goes on today. People are actively against the foundational theory uniting all biology, for no other reason than that it contradicts the religion they were taught.

Religious indoctrination installs cognitive biases in peoples' minds, causing strong feelings of resistance, anger, hostility and paranoia once they are confronted with certain scientific (& sometimes philosophical) topics that call into question the religious worldview they were indoctrinated with. The anti-intellectual, anti-science mindset that religion births is causing billions of people across the globe to remain centuries behind on a huge chunk of human knowledge. Thus, impeding the scientific & intellectual progress of humanity as a whole.

According to surveys, the countries with the lowest populations of religious people have the highest rates of quality education. It's not always accurate to imply causation from correlation, and the relationship might flow both ways, but it's quite obvious that the more religious someone is, the more unwelcoming of science they're likely to be.

3. Humanity could understand ourselves better. It is true that humans have innate biological insticts that drive much of our behavior. These insticts, as science continues to find, aren't magical but evolved. They helped our species survive, just like every other animals' insticts help it survive. Rather than helping us understand and best navigate our human instincts (like our emotional reactions & sexuality), religion demonizes and mystifies them. It manufactures a ridiculous amount of shame around simply being human.

Religion also, in it's ignorance, has stamped mental disorders with labels like "spiritual invasion" or "demonic posession". Instead of people getting the psychiatric help they need, people are sent to exorcists and other phony religious leaders for "deliverance". Not only does this put lives & minds in danger, but it generates an unnecessary sense of fear and panic around treatable medical conditions, causing people to fundamentally misunderstand their own mental health.

4. Humanity could be more proactive & prosperous. Rather than relying on prayer, which is essentially talking to yourself, people could be more likely to take action towards solving their problems if religion were not a factor in their lives. Again, we see that the most prospering and forward-moving countries have smaller percentages of people who think religiously. Because their societies are based in reason and evidence-based thinking, they are quicker to find workable solutions to economic, political, health, and other issues. Much of the law in the developed world is based on our current understanding of these issues according to research. NOT religious books, which were written by people 2,000 years ago who were quite ignorant in these areas.

5. Humanity could be happier. The biggest reason of all that people give for why people need religion, is that it gives them comfort and hope. When going through a rough time, praying helps people cope. When someone dies, the promise that you'll see them again is soothing. Although I don't deny that religion can serve as an emotional bandaid, or even a vessel for truly healing practices (ex. "giving your troubles up to god" could have the same cognitive effect as "accepting what you can't control and doing your best" ), it is NOT, imo, the only way, let alone the best way, for us to achieve happiness and peace.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, the areas of Neuroscience and Psychology are making some incredible discoveries as of late, uncovering long-awaited answers to our mysterious psyches and how to navigate them. Recent studies show that happiness, contentment, and compassion for onesself and others can be learned & practiced as skills; healing from grief, sorrow, and trauma can be achieved through evidence based psychiatric techniques (including self-directed therapies); and life's obstacles can be surmounted by tapping into proven resources (like a nurturing social environment).

In other words, very good answers to how to be happier, how to get over struggles, how to find peace, are out there. In this day and age, the internet, libraries and bookstores are swarming with this information. With some research into these resources, it should become clear that religion has outlived it's usefulness in this area as well.

So, to conclude, I think that humanity could not only survive without organized religion like the Abrahamic faiths, we could thrive. The children who are raised without the religion across the globe, in areas like the Netherlands, Japan, the Czech Republic, and Iceland, yet become healthy, happy, and functioning members of their societies, are evidence of this. At this point I feel like humanity is clutching on to religion like a child to it's stuffed animal. We don't need it anymore, we just think we do.

Many thanks for this brilliant post.

1 Like

Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by oaroloye(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I am fifty and six years old.

If you have any question to ask me, you shall do so politely, with respect for myself and He Whom I represent.

You do not refer to your Creator as "ur God."

He is not your "mate."

. JOHN 15:1-8.

"I AM The True Vine,
and my Father is The Husbandman.
2. "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit
He taketh away: and every (branch)
that beareth fruit, He purgeth it,
that it may bring forth more fruit.
3."Now ye are clean through The Word
Which I have spoken unto you.
4. "Abide in me, and I in you.
As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,
except it abide in the vine;
no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. "I am The Vine, ye are the Branches:

'He that abideth in me, and I in him,
the same bringeth forth much fruit:'

for without me, ye can do nothing.
6. "If a man abide not in me,
he is cast forth as a Branch,
and is withered;
and men gather them,
and cast (them) into The Fire,
and they are burned.
7. "If ye abide in me,
and my Words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will,
and it shall be done unto you.
8. "Herein is my Father glorified,

'That ye bear much Fruit;'

so shall ye be my Disciples."

TO RECEIVE FROM GOD, IT IS IMPORTANT TO OBEY YAHSHUA'S TEACHINGS.

God Helps His Servants- not His Enemy's Servants.

The Soviets agreed to reject Yahshua's Teachings long before the Communistic Takeover. Therefore, when their leaders rewarded their devotion with treachery, they had no contact with God.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2016
oaroloye:

The Soviets agreed to reject Yahshua's Teachings long before the Communistic Takeover. Therefore, when their leaders rewarded their devotion with treachery, they had no contact with God.
So now what is Ur point?? That Mao killed 60million unbelievers??
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by EyeHateGod: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
felixomor:

He was keeping to His word. And that doesnt change the fact that u killed the 60 million and many more grin
Which word? Yes 60 million people where killed by Mao not me But what was Ur omnipresent God Doing?? Watching them get killed? Or he Couldn't even do anything cause he can't because he doesn't exist??
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by oaroloye(m): 2:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
am0sn0nyu:

TRIBALISM has been demonized by demagogues with Globalistic Ideals. (I imagine their ILLUMINATI Masters said something like: "Get your people under control, by December- or we'll replace you with someone who can!"wink

If a person does not support their own tribe, who will do it for them?

How do they know that a person from another tribe is going to support their tribal interests?

How do they know that they are not coming there to SABOTAGE their Tribe to support their own Tribe?

Therefore, all these "Democratic Leaders" have these ideas of a "United Nigeria" that is not based on Reality at all.

RELIGION was a shortcut to get around that.

You could trust a fellow Christian- until Christianity became.... Rock 'n Roll, and every Tom, Dick, and Harry could BUY a Pastorship.

. DEUTERONOMY 22:9-11.

9. Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with divers seeds: lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled.
10. Thou shalt not plough with an ox and an ass together.
11. Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, (as) of woollen and linen together.

. AMOS 3:3.

3. "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

. MATTHEW 6:19-24.

19. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon Earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20. "But lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21. "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22. "The Light of the body is the eye;
if thine eye therefore be single,
thy whole body shall be full of Light.
23. "But if thine eye be Evil,
thy whole body shall be full of Darkness.
If therefore the Light that is in thee be Darkness,
how great is that Darkness!
24. " No man can serve two masters:
for either he will hate the one,
and love the other;
or else he will hold to the one,
and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

. MATTHEW 9:16-17.

16. "No man putteth a piece of new cloth unto an old garment, for that which is put in to fill it up taketh from the garment, and the rent is made worse.
17. "Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved."

THE TYPE OF CHRISTIANITY WHERE ONE CAN BE A CIVIL SERVANT, OR A POLITICIAN- SERVING THE INTERESTS OF BELIEVERS AND UNBELIEVERS ALIKE- IS COMPLETELY FAKE.

Such compromise is NOT possible.

It will destroy either the fool trying to do it, their nation, or else, ALL of them.

THE GOSPEL IS NOT FOR HELPING ONE BRING PEACE TO THE WORLD SYSTEM.
Re: Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion by felixomor: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Which word? Yes 60 million people where killed by Mao not me But what was Ur omnipresent God Doing?? Watching them get killed? Or he Couldn't even do anything cause he can't because he doesn't exist??

Go n study the bible to know that God keeps to his word. Just as he also prophecied before time that millions will be killed for his name sake.
And u seem to detest the Mao. Eiya, the guy is ur mentor now, association of people who deny the obvious aka atheists, haba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Fire From Above Burns Jacket Of A Man Who Doubted Zimbabwean Pastor" - Says ECG / Buhari Celebrates Pastor Adeboye At 78, Says He Always Told Leaders Truth / My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.