Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm (34378 Views)

Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Photos Of Harvested Giant Size Cucumbers By YEN President, Benue State Chapter / The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by reeldreem(m): 3:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Nawa o!

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by donswaga: 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
GMO
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Mickey7(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Red corn, also known as Red posole, is a member of the grass family Gramineae. Corn, known outside of English language as simply maize, is technically classified as a grain crop, though when harvested immature is considered a vegetable. Its stalks produce a cob of seeds, which are better known as the kernels, though by botanical definition they are the individual fruits of the plant. Red corn is just one cultivars among thousands of corn varieties, heirloom, hybrid or genetically modified. Some names of Red corn varieties include Bloody Butcher, Broom Corn, Strawberry Popcorn, and Ruby Queen. The red color in Red corn is created by the plant pigment, anthocyanin. The red gene is recessive, thus a high percentage of red kernels must be planted to maintain the color variation.
Cc: www.specialtyproduce.com/produce/Red_Corn_2852.php

1 Like

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Klare(f): 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Vicoch:
check it out....

grin

I saw it when I was harvesting my corn today...smiley....

Colourful corn
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Gerrard59(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Another benefit of GM technology. You can produce any variety of crop for any purpose. An example of such is the Intense Tomatoes - sturdy - the restaurant and ketchup industry love it.

1 Like

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by jokerphilics(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
Its either u plant seed(parent) lthat is like that or the recessive gene in the parents emanated as the dominant gene in that maize(kid)
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by k4catch(m): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Na today tongue abi you be Lagos farmer.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ẹyin (teeth) bàbà ń seje. Man's teeth is bleeding. Not new it is common when I was still farming.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by omohanet(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Na wa oOo! Some of the stem of the corns in the farm even appeared in purple colour.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by MrPresident1: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Monsanto GMO
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Nickymezor(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bleached corn wink ... No mind me o smiley
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Boldstar(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2016
Are you sure its not a GMO seed you used?
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by muazuk1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
u no well
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Nyceguy92: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
Climate change...
Or Gregor Mendel visited your farm..
Lol...

1 Like

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by cardoctor(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
No need to roast it then.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Ursino(f): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
I ate same type of corn just last sunday. It's even sweeter than the usual white/ yellow corn.
No big deal
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by mhisbliss(f): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sayelabola:

You may be correct, sister.

Because we have lots of albino animals...cockroach, lizard, dogs et al; although I am yet to see any albino plant as you mentioned.

Have you seen or heard of such albino plant(s) before apart from corn?

yap I've seen other weird colored plants before

1 Like

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by lokotowers(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
This is genetically modified.... Corn
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by omoakin111: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dont waste it. dry it and replant, you can make more money selling to reseachers than normal coloured corn.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Sayelabola(m): 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
mhisbliss:

yap I've seen other weird colored plants before

Hope such plants also have the same taste and preservation ways as the others.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by kan12(m): 6:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
old women from your village are behind this.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by neocortex: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
yanshDoctor:
... guy you might be on your way to millionaire.

kindly preserve that corn and send message to agriculture research and study university in USA and UK they might look into it and explain something's the world had never seen. it might become a new species the world might be awaiting to see.

it look like a roasted corn. one don't need to roast again just harvest and eat

I have seen this type of corn before, I don't believe there is anything
special to explain about it.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by mhisbliss(f): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Sayelabola:

Hope such plants also have the same taste and preservation ways as the others.
ya they weren't treated differently

1 Like

Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by wizflower(f): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
googlepikins:
Na wa o this Buhari sef, so useless. It's good make hunger catch zombies till 2019, maybe by then them go learn the hard way
We blame buhari for everyfin. Tell me what has he got to do with the fact that this corn is red eeeh. You never see red corn before. I pity that man atimes
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by fuckpoverty(m): 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
chai blood of jackichan which kind end tym corn b dis?
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by tuna4servi(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
End time corn
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by Uncletony(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
irunooboo:
The sperrm of the corn is red so the pusssy of the female corn was red and they produced red baby corn in your farm smiley

that u wrote this trash or the fact that u got some likes for this nonsense, which is more pathetic?!
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by AIG07: 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good day all,
need advice on maize cultivation. As we all know it's august n late planting season is almost over. Pls is t still advisable to plant maize? If yes, what are d major risk, precautions to be taken to ensure good output(yield)?. If No, give any alternative crop that will do well. I don't want to misuse a window of opportunity presented to me. Thanks.
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by edato7509(m): 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
dollar rate is affecting the corn. the corn dey feel our economy situation
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by IbBarham(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lol.. it is called roasted from heaven
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by onionsoup(f): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
mhisbliss:
Its an Albino corn cheesy

Loooool you mean RED INDIAN CORN. Odiegu
Re: See The Coloured Corn I Harvested From My Farm by 19naia(m): 3:37am On Aug 19, 2016
Thats the original corn. The origins of corn come from Colored varieties that had mix of dark colors and some mixing of the common color today. They selected over time the ones with more yellow or white color until a strain of fully yellow and white were acheived.
I like the colored one better. Some are red, some dark blue and others brown or black. Some are also a nice golden color.
I have chips with me now made from blue corn, The chips are blue color.
Corn is Native to American continent and the native word is Maize(Maheez).

Check out the pictures. ~~~~~~~

Dark colored native corn sold in the market in south america.

Also Carrots original color is not orange. Orange was selected over time for its sweetness but i like the taste of the blue/purple carrots..

Potatoes in the picture are also various colors and shapes and are native to south America.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry / Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.