Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (63413 Views)

100 Lawyers To Defend Joachim Iroko Chinakwe / Joachim Chinakwe Who Named His Dog "Buhari" - "My Life Is In Danger" / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Abadulbature(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
He's tryin' 2 c may be if he can beats the intelligence of every one, NAH! Count mi out. He should be dealt with sevarely bloody fool for callin' a dog with the name of his leader.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by mannyiyke: 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Sometimes you have to get in the mud to pull the pigs out.
u've committed a grave grammatical blunder by saying "making Yorubaland inhabitable" instead of "uninhabitable". Look up meanings of words in a dictionary before using them or just simply use simple words.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Iceberg3: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

mental

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Abagworo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
onnenka:
So that Nairalander who said the guy is from delta state and doesn't like being referred to as Igbo is correct.

And We were busy fighting for someone that doesn't accept being Igbo.

I never knew Isele Ukwu has joined the Igbo denial nonsense. Henceforth I will no longer consider any Isele Ukwu person as Igbo. Very disgusting I must say.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Iceberg3: 1:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Sometimes you have to get in the mud to pull the pigs out.
buhari
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by onnenka: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:

I never knew Isele Ukwu has joined the Igbo denial nonsense. Henceforth I will no longer consider any Isele Ukwu person as Igbo. Very disgusting I must say.
Because of one person? To me anybody that says he is Igbo is Igbo, if he says he isn't, he isnt.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
akins56:
just like your father!

Looking at your profile, the DP reminds me of the masquerade job your useless president and his cabinet proposed to Nigerian youths. Keep rolling with failures.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by SaffronSpice: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Dannie2015:
Most of d dogs I've known all my life are named 'Jack' n d last time I checked, pple still answer d name.... As a matter of fact, I had two Jacks in my previous yard. One was a dog n d other is my next door 'human' neighbour. What's d big deal if d young man decide to name his dog buhari anyway?
The big deal are politics and tribalism/racism.

Feathers might not be ruffled if a pro-Nazi German names his dog Hitler(it might even be seen as a symbolic term of endearment[we all know Hitler loved his dog.]).

Same can't be said of a Jew living among pro-Nazi Germans.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ahamonyeka(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:

Thanks!,i hv taken d time to look-up d word in d dictionary too!
good.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Abagworo(m): 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
onnenka:
Because of one person? To me anybody that says he is Igbo is Igbo, if he says he isn't, he isnt.

It starts with one man. Its better to deny them early than allow them deny Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by onnenka: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abagworo:

It starts with one man. Its better to deny them early than allow them deny Igbo.
rubbish agent of disunity in igbo land.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ColtPython(m): 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4121451_dog_jpeg719d48dbaac739a23dc7a7cf17239d0e

Its one thing to name your dog Buhari, its another thing to shave the name into both sides of the Dog.

This Man should be re-arrested and tried for criminal mischief and inciting behavior.. angry

Also, animal rights abuse grin
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by jshow(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
I dare any Biafra to go to Ibadan... Just stand anywhere with your dog and write Awolow on both sides... Please don't put the last O. Yet you will be dead in minites.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ColtPython(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
HomeOfMe:
Have you forgotten the yorubas named a cooking utensil after ojukwu's head? It is called "agbari ojukwu",so let's stop criticising,Lol! Very funny..

How come its only you that knows this? Pls post a pic of the utensil so I can tell my sis to buy it at the next market day grin

BTW, I remember back in the 80s or so, we had this large plastic basin that was named "shagari" because it looked similar to Shehu Shagari's trademark cap at the time grin
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by queenfav(f): 2:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
GODKID98:

Thanks a lot!!.....This is what i meant wen i said 'school me'!
You are welcome.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by ColtPython(m): 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
Alexandro15:
[size=22pt]Don't people name their pets Elizabeth? Why hasn't the british government harassed them? [/size]

Was the name Buhari coined only for the president? Abeg, they should go and sit down. They should have charged him to court and loose shamefully.

Even an illegal immigrant at that. Smh

undecided

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by MrImole: 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Firefire:

Mr. Imole, on my side, no vacancy at the moment. I could however recommend you to a friend, but we need to be sure you are not one of those who brought the present calamity on Nigerians by voting a "Super Dullard"

Checking...

If you are however serious, please contact me through any known means.

Shalom! tongue
I have "PM" you Sir.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Iscoalarcon: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
sorextee:
I'm from borno state. Lived all my life in the north. Bauchi, gombe, yobe, kano, kaduna, now Abuja. When I heard some Muslims are rearing pigs in Zuba (for business), I refused to believe, till I was transfered to Zuba, then I saw it with my eyes.

but those muslim guys in zuba rearing pigs are disobeying the teachings of Islam because it is prohibited

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by attackgat: 3:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Why are some people so self-destructive, suicidal and craving for conflict and anarchy?

The Northerners did not misconstrue his intention. They know him to be a hateful Igbo, the likes of which vent their frustration and misery on this forum and other online media. Now an Ipob member who has forgotten he is not in Aba, has met his match in Buhari's tribesmen. Even if the complainant is claiming to have Buhari as his father's name / surname, it is evident that both defendant and plaintiff are fighting a tribal proxy war over President Buhari.

Can he name his dog Ojukwu or Azikiwe? Imagine a Yoruba man in Nnewi naming his goat Ojukwu, or a Fulani man in Aba naming his dog Nnamdi Kanu and parading it around the IPOB meeting centres? That is the suicidal attribute the Igbos are known for. Imagine using such a revered name in a community populated by Hausa-Fulani? Even if he had named the dog Awolowo, I know his Yoruba hosts may find it repulsive, but would not react violently, resulting in the boldness of the Igbo man who then concludes that Yorubas are cowards and are docile.

Since the Igbo man welcomes bravery and detest the peaceful Yorubas as weaklings, let him celebrate and enjoy the bravery of his Hausa-Fulani neighbours. It is stupidity such as this that was displayed by Igbos in the North, that led to their slaughter in the Northern pogroms as a Northern civilian reaction to the Jan 1966 coup killings of Northern politicians and Army officers.

However, whether the coward directed his friends of hate to eat up his own dog is irrelevant as no case exist here, talk-less of an implication. Nevertheless, the arrested man is safer in that police custody as his bigoted life will be wasted without a second thought, the moment he steps out of police "custodial protection".
We all know the Hausa-Fulani, they don't need to mouth hatred and beat their hollow chest to teach an equally hateful lesson.

See what hate has caused now? His days of peace are over in that community. Except he is released by the police directly at Aba, where his fellow bigoted clansmen will welcome him as a hero who had to runaway from Yorubaland because of Hausa-Fulanis who are his fellow settlers.

After his brain was reset at the police station, hear him declare eternal love for Buhari.

How come people like you like by pass the real issues on the ground? This man has the constitutional right to call his Dog anything, be it Buhari or otherwise. He was arrested for that, thereby denying him his right. Instead of addressing his illegal arrest, you play the ethnic card. If an Hausa man had called his Dog Ojukwu in Igboland, sure enough there would be many Igbos who won't like it. The only difference is that no one is going to arrest and detain him, neither will anyone molest him. The worst that will happen is that some Igbos would have told him to consider going back to the North. This man was arrested for being Igbo. Another act of displaying Northern hatred for Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by RZArecta(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
darelar:

[s]Is there any proof that this happen in 2014 during the era of Jonathan as president? @ OP of that tred, why opening a trend on August 17, 10:05 pm without any links of any social media where the picture was uploaded in 2014. Am 100% sure that you are the one that did this and snap it just to condemn the action of the complainer and the police. We're wiser than you taught[/s].
oshe wise king solo, clap for yourself
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by MrSly(m): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
YorubaFynest:
[size=14pt]If Hausas and Ibos want to go at it, they need to do it in the North or South Sh!t. Yorubaland is not for bitter idiottts to display their bitterness.

**** Imagine what would have happed had a Hausa man named his dog Ojukwu in the South sh!t. Would he have done this in the North? These fools take the peace in Yorubaland for granted.

We will not let foreign faeces or osus make Yorubaland inhabitable for others.

Yorubaland will continue to remain peaceful and tolerant to opposing views.
[/size]
you sounded more bitter that your so called bitter idiots.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by masciv: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
RZArecta:
it's not by force to make stúpid comments and even if you want to make such comments, please don't quote me

You should bring your facts if you have any at all except displaying your stupidity on a world stage. You argue intellectually not insulting people. But the way it looks, you have very little to offer anyway
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Apina(m): 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Are you kidding me! I can't imagine a sane individual uttering such gibberish. That the rights of a fellow Nigerian is truncated along ethnic lines based on a baseless issue as having named his dog buhari which he has the right to without question, and being applauded by a fellow Nigerian is baffling. May what you wish others not visit your own house.

1 Like

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by TerrorSquad147: 6:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
austinosita:
For those asking if an Hausa man could name his dog ojukwu in the south east......yes he could and nothing will happen. My neighbour's dog back then in Enugu was named ojukwu and the guy is Yoruba!!

When are we ever going to stop tribalism?
When are we ever going to see ourselves as one?
If buhari hadn't singled out 5%, I'm very sure this iPob ish wouldn't have escalated to this level. Even when we had it during Jonathan's tenure, it was not so rampant like this!

Hausa hates igbo
Yoruba that use to like igbo, now hates igbo! Habba!

Anyways, I leave you all with; 1 john 4:7-8
yellowbars never loved igbos, their father awolowo is a dead example....pls don't try to pacify igbos with that statement
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

Does being from Niger Republic stop him from being Hausa-Fulani?

Or does the complainant not share the same Buhari name with a Nigerian Fulani President as disclosed in the report?

Besides, it is the one sided claim of the now traumatised idiot that the complainant is from Niger Republic. Am I supposed to even consider that as factual? Or does that excuse the bigotry of the now Buhari lover?

I hope you and your ilk learn some basic inter-ethnic co-habitation etiquette from this episode.

Guy, shut up! You're a bloody, tribalistic Igbo hater!
Just because Igbos and Yorubas come online and insult each other, you're here labelling Igbos as incapable of cohabiting with others. Where did this jaundiced opinion of yours arise from?
Igbos are the most widely travelled people in Africa. Even in Nigeria, there are more Igbos living in Kano alone than Yorubas living in the entire North West. There is no part of the world where you won't find appreciable number of Igbos living, trading with and getting intermarried with the hosts. How many times have you heard of fights between Igbos and and other group in any part of the world, apart from online bragging which often amount to nothing?
Abeg carry your hatred for Igbos and get away!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by TerrorSquad147: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
jshow:
I dare any Biafra to go to Ibadan... Just stand anywhere with your dog and write Awolow on both sides... Please don't put the last O. Yet you will be dead in minites.
nairaland is not for the underage...
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by TerrorSquad147: 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
jshow:
nairaland is not for the underage....
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by RZArecta(m): 7:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
masciv:

[s]You should bring your facts if you have any at all except displaying your STUPIDITY on a world stage. You argue intellectually not insulting people. BUT THE WAY IT LOOKS, YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE TO OFFER ANYWAY[/s]
coming from a rétard
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by Ayatullah(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
MadCow1:

Who you be?

You don Baff? undecided

Abeg go wait outside make I chop my Cornflakes finish before I reason your matter..

When you finish your Milk+Urine loaded cornflakes, report at UNIBEN for screening for your special course: "MadCow1 Getting Better."
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by thetruthmale: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
StOla:

His actions were wrong but, please can we stop this generalisations.

please.

Fajuyi proves anybody who calls Yorubas cowards wrong.

I must also point out that the Jan 1966 coup might have been headed by Igbos but had Yorubas and Hausas involved. It was welcomed by the nation at that time because it a fight against corruption. Until our ethnic differences were exploited...

Thanks.
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by MadCow1: 9:21am On Aug 19, 2016
Ayatullah:

When you finish your Milk+Urine loaded cornflakes, report at UNIBEN for screening for your special course: "MadCow1 Getting Better."

I have seen better comebacks from Primary school kids..

Abeg drex before you go affect person I.Q.. angry
Re: Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe by predatorX: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2016
StOla:

Thanks for speaking the truth. WE NEED TO CAUTION OURSELVES.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Dog That Walks Like A Human (Video, Photos) / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) / Two-headed Snake Eats Two Mice Using Both Mouths At Same Time (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.