Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,723 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Become A Mobile Money Agent - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Become A Mobile Money Agent (8396 Views)

CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance / Become A Mobile Money Agent / Financial Inclusion In Nigeria: The Challenges Of Banks & Mobile Money Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
What is Quickteller Paypoint?

Quickteller Paypoint is the trade name for IFIS Agent locations. It’s a one-stop shop where all the products/services provided by IFIS Ltd can be accessed and purchased.
IFIS stands for Interswitch Financial Inclusion Services Ltd. We are licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to provide digital financial services aimed
at bringing basic financial services to the door-step of the unbanked/ underserved Nigerians, currently estimated at more than fifty million adults.

Q: What are the transactions that can be carried out at a Quickteller Paypoint?

The following services are available at any Quickteller Paypoint:
- Airtime recharge (all networks)
- Bills payment/settlement (electricity bill, water bill, Waste bill, DStv, GOtv, Startimes, actv, Local and State government levies/taxes, estate permits, etc.)
- Funds transfer (sending money to, and receiving money from, any person nationwide)
- Account opening with any bank
- Payments – for insurance premiums, airline tickets, embassies, etc.
- Deposit of funds (cash-in) into own or a third- party account
- Withdrawal of funds (cash-out) from own account

Q: Who can use Quickteller Paypoint services?

Everybody can access and use Quickteller Paypoint services – from students to artisans, traders, the self-employed, professionals and everyone who requires access to basic financial services.
However, Quickteller Paypoint is primarily targeted at the underserved and financially-excluded

: Who can be a Quickteller Paypoint Agent?

Individuals, small to mid-size businesses, institutions etc can become Quickteller Paypoint Agents upon registration and submission of requisite documentations.
The requirements are based on the class of agent applied for e.g. classic, standard and prestige.
Individuals and unregistered businesses (mass/umbrella agents) fall under Classic category. MSMEs, mom-and-pop shops, salons, supermarkets, chemist shops, grocery stores, etc. fall under the Standard category; whilst bigger businesses like petrol stations, pharmacy chains, Quick Service Restaurants (eateries), etc. fall under the Prestige category. Institutions with structures like MFBs also fall under the Prestige category.

Having an existing business which attracts reasonable footfall is a basic requirement. In addition, one must have a physical location that is easily accessible to people as well as an acceptable means of identification.
For corporate entities and institutions, business registration/incorporation documents will also be required.

Q: What happens if my phone is missing or damaged?

Your money is safe as the funds in your electronic wallet is actually in the settlement bank and not on your phone.
However, you must ensure that your log-in details as an Agent are not compromised in anyway.
Once you get another phone, you will have to undergo the set-up process after which your agent account details are synchronized with your new phone.

Q: What are the benefits of becoming an Agent?

- Additional revenue from commissions and incentives
- Increased sales from additional foot-traffic
- Differentiation from other businesses – being a Quickteller Paypoint Agent differentiates a business from others in its category/industry
- Reputation earned from the Interswitch pedigree
- Social relevance to the neighbourhood/ community where Agent operates.

Q: How can I get started as an Agent?

- Ensure you have a work tool/device (Smart phones that run on Android 4.4 OS)
- Complete and submit the registration form
- Provide the required KYC documents
- Provide the minimum operating capital requirement
- Receive validation and setup details
- Be enlisted for training
- Receive starter pack and branding materials
- Commence live transactions documents will also be required.

Q: How can I identify a Valid Quickteller Paypoint Agent?

At the minimum, all agents who are registered with IFIS have a unique, verifiable registration number displayed conspicuously with their Quickteller Paypoint signage at their business locations or shops. They also have IFIS identity cards with customer care lines.

Q: How do I get started as a Customer?

A: Just walk into any Quickteller Paypoint location in your neighbourhood, communicate the service you need to the agent and you can be sure to be wowed with exceptional service delivery in a timely manner.

Q: Where can I find a Quickteller Paypoint Agent?

Quickteller Paypoint Agents can be found at roadside kiosks, Parasols, eateries, petrol stations, post-offices, Local Government secretariats, estate corner shops, shopping malls, pharmacy stores, salons, mom and pop shops, etc. across the locations where we have presence.
However in our first year of roll-out, we shall be limited to the following states: Lagos, Rivers, Abuja, Kano and Oyo and expand to other states in subsequent years.
Just lookout for the Quickteller Paypoint Agent/ signage in your neighbourhood community where Agent operates

Q: Who regulates the activities of Quickteller Paypoint Agents?

A.: IFIS is licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). IFIS registers and monitors the activities of Quickteller Paypoint Agents to ensure they comply with the standards and procedures approved by the CBN.

Q: How will I be supported as an Agent?

A: Quickteller Paypoint offers a well-resourced multi-level support structure to attend to agents in the event of complaints and feedback. Depending on the nature of the complaint raised, the agent will be contacted by our team of customer care professionals and the issue will be resolved in a timely manner.

Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by babs50g: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
@miss uju. Apart from the documentation process u highlighted . Is there a security deposit attached in becoming an agent?
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
babs50g:
@miss uju. Apart from the documentation process u highlighted . Is there a security deposit attached in becoming an agent?

What do u mean by security deposits pls
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by babs50g: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Security deposit in terms of what one ve to place with a principal agent before one is given the necessaries to start. Since cash is involved any sub agent can default. Hope u get my point . I am highly interested hence my FAQ to you . Pls do call me 08181 4044 36
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 7:21am On Aug 19, 2016
babs50g:
Security deposit in terms of what one ve to place with a principal agent before one is given the necessaries to start. Since cash is involved any sub agent can default. Hope u get my point . I am highly interested hence my FAQ to you . Pls do call me 08181 4044 36

It's ur money u wud use to trade sir .. but u get a commission for every transaction.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by babs50g: 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
Where is the office located to get registered and trained ? Perhaps, there is a limit of what one can send / receive in a day say 100K and charges ranging from 200 naira to 2000 . And i think its a pre requisite for the agent to have laptop/system to be online 24/7 Thank you very Much for the info . God bless u in multiple folds
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by ebooksdepo: 8:00am On Aug 19, 2016
please i am interested and i have office in uyo,akwa ibom state

1 Like

Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 11:25am On Aug 19, 2016
ebooksdepo:
please i am interested and i have office in uyo,akwa ibom state

I'm sorry yes you can . Be a quickteller paypoint agent in uyo. Everywhere in Nigeria
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 11:33am On Aug 19, 2016
babs50g:
Where is the office located to get registered and trained ? Perhaps, there is a limit of what one can send / receive in a day say 100K and charges ranging from 200 naira to 2000 . And i think its a pre requisite for the agent to have laptop/system to be online 24/7 Thank you very Much for the info . God bless u in multiple folds

Pls send me an email . anitaopara07@yahoo.com
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Brite02(m): 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
missuju:

I'm sorry but for now we r in lagos and ibadan. But perhaps if u hv a relation in lagos who can give u a proof of address.

hello missuju. I will like you to further explain what you mean by this. I do have someone I know in Lagos but am presently residing in Rivers state. Is there a possibility?
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Brite02(m): 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hi missuju. I sent you email earlier today, concerning my location Port Harcourt. Any contacts to reach them down here in my location?
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Snowizzy1: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
Brite02:
Hi missuju. I sent you email earlier today, concerning my location Port Harcourt. Any contacts to reach them down here in my location?

Hey I'm in imo state and I signed up with missuju and she did everything in less than 72 hrs and now I'm reaping the benefits. Thanks missuju may God reward u abundantly for giving me the opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Brite02(m): 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Snowizzy1:

Hey I'm in imo state and I signed up with missuju and she did everything in less than 72 hrs and now I'm reaping the benefits. Thanks missuju may God reward u abundantly for giving me the opportunity.

@snowizzy, you are right.

@missuju. thanks for making this achievable for me. thanks for everything you are very sincere....I recommend her to anyone who wants to venture in this line of biz.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by missuju: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
Brite02:

@snowizzy, you are right.

@missuju. thanks for making this achievable for me. thanks for everything you are very sincere....I recommend her to anyone who wants to venture in this line of biz.

Thanks Mr Bright .pleasure working with u
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by greenmonk: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
@missuju I'm interested in the quickteller business. How do contact you?
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by ayommy12: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Am interested, how do I get started please as this post has been long here.
I need a present details about this please.
Thank you.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by greenmonk: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2017
missuju:

Thanks Mr Bright .pleasure working with u
@missuju I need your assistance to register as mobile money agent.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by 9jabox(m): 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Please I need recent update on how to be an agent and if there's any provision for POS machine. I saw some guy using one weeks ago but I'm not sure if they're a your agent.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 25, 2017
highly interested
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Silverb(f): 1:41pm On May 18, 2017
How do we deal with security issues since this business involves deposit and withdrawal of money.
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Juenwume: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2017
What is the minimum capital one need to start?
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Havilah074: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
@miss uju plz send d link 2 my mail@ brightertosine@yahoo.com
Re: Become A Mobile Money Agent by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 29, 2019
The location i reside in now needs this service..somewhere between Aba and Umuahia in Abia state.
i would love to be an agent..further directions and guides will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Heritage Bank Customers In Panic Over Bank’s True State / RMAFC Discovers N115bn Tax Liabilities Owed By FG, States MDAs / Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.