Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:42 AM

Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement (7666 Views)

Get A Copy Of This CV / This CV Should Interest Firms Or Organizations / Do You Think This CV Ok For A New Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
It took me some days and research to come up with this CV. Your kind comment will be greatly appreciated. I am a job seeker that always strive to improve in time. Total number of pages:2.

Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
CAREER SUMMARY

• A career driven and highly motivated graduate of Physics; seeking an IT (Information Technol logy) position in an organization where he believes his skills will make a positive impact.
• Over six months of work experience as a Computer Engineer. Possesses solid knowledge in troubleshooting and repair of diverse laptop problems. A Fast learner with a willing spirit.
• Six months of work experience as Junior Network Administrator with strong knowledge in CCNA. Exposed to configuring Cisco router, switch, troubleshooting LAN, and integration of networking equipment.
• Five years of experience in sales, and management of a call centre business with outstanding customer service and client interfacing skills. Passionate about developing long term client relationship.

EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS

• UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS - Akoka, Lagos State, Nigeria Jan. 2010 - Dec. 2014
B.sc - Physics Science (Second Class Upper Division: 3.9 of 5.0 CGPA)
• Santos Comprehensive High School - Agbado, Lagos State, Nigeria Jan.2008
West African Examination Council (WAEC).
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 6:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCES

Professional

• Possesses basic knowledge of HTML5 and CSS coding for website development.
• Experience of IP addressing and administrating subnets.
• Knowledge of dismantling and coupling back laptop systems.
• Experience of formatting/installing windows 7, 8, and 10 on a computer system.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting/servicing laptop system's motherboard.
• Understanding of how to troubleshoot/repair laptop's hardware and software problems.
• Sound knowledge of OSI 7 layer model, TCP/IP, and protocols such as DNS, DHCP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP and SNMP.
• Good at setting up traffic filters through the use of IP Access List.
• Sound knowledge in switching, standard access list, extended access list, VLAN, NAT, port-security, SVI, switch ether-channel, and CDP configurations.
• Good working knowledge/configuration of routing protocols such as RIP V1/V2, OSPF, and EIGRP.
• Knowledge of crimping straight through and cross over Ethernet cables.
• Competent in Microsoft suit; word, excel, and power point.

Personal

• Adaptability skills . Professional Expertise .Team-player . Organizational skills
• Prioritization skills . Listening skills . Flexibility . Task oriented
• Strong management and customer service skills . Initiative and Pro-activeness
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
WORK EXPERIENCES

Laptop Engineer January 2016 - Till Date
Company: Sammy Global Link - Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos State Nigeria.
Responsibilities:
• Formatting and installing Microsoft OS such as windows 7, 8, and 10 on a computer system.
• Troubleshooting any kind of laptop problem (both software and hardware).
• Executing high-quality repairs and providing sound installation services to customers.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Received many positive commendations from customers for quality job rendered.
• Brought in more customers (Increased foot traffic and overall income).

Junior Network Administrator (Industrial Training) July 2013 - December 2013
Company: Alpha-Beta Consulting LLP - Ijora, Lagos State Nigeria.
Responsibilities:
• Configuring Cisco Routers and switches for Inter-Office Connectivity.
• Documenting network configuration and operational procedure.
• Administering network security.
KEY ACHIEVEMENT
• Officially commended for enthusiasm, tenacity, professionalism and dependability in Perform- ance evaluations.

Customer Service/Manager/C.E.O May 2004 - December 2009
Company: Tundex Business Centre - 18 Odebiyi Street, Ogba-Ikeja, Lagos State.
Responsibilities:
• Attending to customers that want to make phone-calls, buy phone-casing, and recharge cards.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction on every goods rendered.
• Identifying and developing sales strategies. . Monitoring sales and market trend.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
• Established a business at a very young age of 14 years in May 2004.
• Successfully managed the business for five years, and performance exceeded expectation.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
• Customer Service Training (H and C Consult - Abeokuta, Ogun State) 18 March, 2016

RESEARCH PROJECT
• Network Implementation and Strategy (Alpha-Beta Consulting LLP - Ijora Lagos) Oct. 2013
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by spice123(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2016
If I were to employ you bro, trust me I won't. BITTER TRUTH: you don't have any area of specialization in I.T. All I see is jack of all trade here. Narrow your C.V to where you're good at bro. Is it web development, or pc repairs and maintenance, or is it networking?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
spice123:
If I were to employ you bro, trust me I won't. BITTER TRUTH: you don't have any area of specialization in I.T. All I see is jack of all trade here. Narrow your C.V to where you're good at bro. Is it web development, or pc repairs and maintenance, or is it networking?

Noted. Thank you for your contribution. I will work on that. More comments needed.
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by ojay72(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
I would give it a 7.5, drop.your mail I would send you a better" format, which is shorter but comprehensive.The only issue I have with this is the length.

oj2chi@gmail.com.

boss, please forward to my mail also.
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Longman6(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
tunde4top:
tundejoda89@gmail.com. Thank you in advance.
I just sent you a mail, the cv as an attachment while I think you can always use the cover letter I sent as a guide for applications, just move some of the long explanations away from your cv to your cover letter
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Longman6(m): 8:15pm On Aug 18, 2016
ojay72:

oj2chi@gmail.com.
boss, please forward to my mail also.
I just sent you a mail, the cv as an attachment while I think you can always use the cover letter I sent as a guide for applications, just move some of the long explanations away from your cv to your cover letter
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by tunde4top(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
[quote author=Longman6 post=48600914]
I just sent you a mail, the cv as an attachment while I think you can always use the cover letter I sent as a guide for applications, just move some of the long explanations away from your cv to your cover letter[/quote

I really appreciate that sir.
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Seunbukola187(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
Boss I will appreciate if I can get a copy of the mail sir. Seunbukola187@yahoo.com thanks
Longman6:

I just sent you a mail, the cv as an attachment while I
think you can always use the cover letter I sent as a
guide for applications, just move some of the long
explanations away from your cv to your cover letter
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
I would give it a 7.5, drop.your mail I would send you a better" format, which is shorter but comprehensive.The only issue I have with this is the length.
Would appreciate if you can assist me too.
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by yemzyray01(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
Please I would also be glad if you send me the guide too cash4freelance@gmail.com thanks
Longman6:

Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by adamubk(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
I would be very glad, if you can forward to my email too.....
mohammedbdm15@gmail.com. thanks in anticipation
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by terrymason(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
every body dey deep spoon to eat for the food na me go slack! Chief forward the mail with many cover letter to mariahlife24@gmail.com thanks boss!!
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Pacgmt(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:

Pls I ll also lyk to have a look at d@ cv template pacgmt@yahoo.com
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Longman6(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
Been sent
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by pixey(m): 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
Please! I would also want a copy of the cover letter and CV format .petgreen07@yahoo.com or pmoses222@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by 44chux(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
tunde4top:
CAREER SUMMARY

Just read the first few lines and concluded that written English was definitely not one of ur strengths.
Which one be "Possesses solid knowledge",
"repair of diverse laptop..."(laptop na living organism abi grin),
"A Fast learner with a willing spirit",
"Exposed to configuring Cisco router",
"client interfacing skills." as if the client na software grin grin

Get help!
You need to improve ur technical vocabulary and ur formal English register.

BTW no employer has time to go through half of ur resume. You need to turn it to a miniskirt: very short to capture attention but long enough to cover the essentials

Put the good stuff at the beginning and at the ending, and all the boring stuff in the middle

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Longman6(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
sent
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by victor048(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Greetings boss
Please I will love to get the sample too
My mail, viczvictor2@gmail.com
Thanks!
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Longman6(m): 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2016
Pacgmt:
Pls I ll also lyk to have a look at d@ cv template pacgmt@yahoo.com
Remember??
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by opthinker: 10:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
pls i will love o get the sample also at opthinker@gmail.com

Thanks sir
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by indoorlove(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:
Please help me with the template. adamsmohd111@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by luckman20(m): 11:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Longman6:

Please help me with the template
Llukman30@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by JudgeWilson(m): 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
would give it a 7.5, drop.your mail I would send you a better" format, which is shorter but comprehensive.The only issue I have with this is the length.

Boss, please help a brother out, I really need it. Uniqwilson@gmail.com
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by Nafizzey(m): 12:09am On Aug 19, 2016
Longman6:
please Sir, I need the format also

umarjinjiri@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: Kindly Rate This CV (from 1 To 10) And Give Possible Suggestion For Improvement by classicalbabs: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2016
please I also need the format here is my mail.....tbabs29@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inec Recruitment!!!! / Be Your Own Boss - See A Nairalander's Work Routine / List Of Companies To Send Unsolicited Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.