Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,687 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? (32965 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / New Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
For some days now I have been going to Awka Area Command for my tinted permit. The officer in charge told us that the processing cost is N5000 with an additional recharge card of N1000 to check the authenticity of the car registration details online.

But the police that stops us on the road said it is free and most people are saying it is free.

Now Awka does a minimum 30 cars every day. In fact the first 30 persons are attended to and the rest will be told to go till the next day. Now people come as a early as 5,6,6:30am to book a space.

So N1000 recharge card by 30 is N30,000.00 plus N5000 cash payment which is N150,000.00. So they make a minimum of N180,000.00 daily.

If they do it from Monday till Friday it means they generate unaccounted N3.6Million monthly. And with the rush this is just possible.

Please for those in Nairaland that are going for the tinted permit or have gone, We will like to know the cost in your area so we can compare and contrast. We will also like to know the exact conditions put in place for the Tinted Permit Administration.

Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by bravolad(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
kgr8mike:
For some days now I have been going to Awka Area Command for my tinted permit. The officer in charge told us that the processing cost is N5000 with an additional recharge card of N1000 to check the authenticity of the car registration details online.

But the police that stops us on the road said it is free and most people are saying it is free.

Now Awka does a minimum 30 cars every day. In fact the first 30 persons are attended to and the rest will be told to go till the next day. Now people come as a early as 5,6,6:30am to book a space.

So N1000 recharge card by 30 is N30,000.00 plus N5000 cash payment which is N150,000.00. So they make a minimum of N180,000.00 daily.

If they do it from Monday till Friday it means they generate unaccounted N3.6Million monthly. And with the rush this is just possible.

Please for those in Nairaland that are going for the tinted permit or have gone, We will like to know the cost in your area so we can compare and contrast. We will also like to know the exact conditions put in place for the Tinted Permit Administration.

Thanks.

Tinted glass permit is absolutely free. All you need to do is to make the required application at their website and upload your vehicle license and proof of ownership ensuring that your policy no is valid online with FRSC.

Get your print out and proceed to any police command. There are some phone numbers listed on their website for complaints, you can call any of those number to lodge a complain.

Beware, those asking you for money may issue you with fake permit. Approval is also down online.

Don't just sit and complain, be proactive in your approach.

I did mine in Abuja.

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by vani86: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
Its free bro, i paid 8k though cuz i wanted it in 1 week.
If you want to go the original way, it is free

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by colossus2: 4:21am On Aug 20, 2016
vani86:
Did you get it in a week? Which state?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by lonelydora: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2016
IGP said its free but we all know how civil and public servants work. As long as O.C Roger is involved, you must drop something. Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by shadelek(m): 6:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Nothing is free in Nigeria, not even those ones that involve the Nigeria police. The bail that was meant to be free keeps inflating everyday. This is Nigeria not UK

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Mosthandsomeboy(m): 6:14am On Aug 20, 2016
How I wan take know

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by sure4real: 6:20am On Aug 20, 2016
It's 100% free and is Do It Yourself online application.

Why paying extra to have it early?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 20, 2016
I paid 6k in AKS and got the print-out, was ask to che k for the original in a month's time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Icecomrade: 6:22am On Aug 20, 2016

I ve always said it.

Buhari is not fighting corruption, he is simply chasing some of those who stole our money which is considerable.

I just laugh when people use such term as 'Buhari war against corruption"

I call such people illiterate

15 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by bravolad(m): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2016
vani86:

You at part of a set of people giving Nigeria a bad image. Tint permit is free and should not be paid for. It's usually obtained within 2 -3 working days depending on your state and traffic at your prefered police command.

6 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Drpaulse(m): 6:24am On Aug 20, 2016
everyone is saying, "do it online" Please provide the site. I'm sure I'll be able to get mine done soonest.

5 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Edygrin(m): 6:29am On Aug 20, 2016
I never knew about the online stuff.. Was charged 5000 naira plus additional 1k yesterday at the police headquarters at uyo.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by xdos(m): 6:33am On Aug 20, 2016
I did mine at Enugu central command sometime in February I think. I got it within 2 working days. I only appreciated the ASP who did it for me. He didn't ask me for money. Go to the NPF website. It is very straight fwd.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kgr8mike(m): 6:34am On Aug 20, 2016
Drpaulse:
everyone is saying, "do it online"
Please provide the site.
I'm sure I'll be able to get mine done soonest.

Go to Nigeria Police website and you will see Tinted Permit.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Kobicove(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2016
It took me days to actually log into their website just to apply...I was finally able to do it late last night

Does anyone know how much they charge in Enugu Police Command to process tint permit?
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by kuuljay(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2016
It's free,but it's the same nigerians that will prefare to pay the police rather than follow protocol there by helping in denting the police image,when shall we change? Someone broke into my house and stole my TV and when I went to report to the police they asked me to pay 3K I was so angry I started insulting them while other people who came for various entries where paying.we want our country to be like America and Europe but no body wants to do the right thing

9 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by tripzalee(m): 6:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Icecomrade:

I ve always said it.

Buhari is not fighting corruption, he is simply chasing some those who stole our money which is considerable.

I just laugh when people say, use such term as Buhari war against corruption.

I call such people illiterate

Why buhari??

4 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 20, 2016
WHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF. coolWHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by efechris(m): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2016
This reminds me of my experience with FRSC when I acquired my driver's license. I did the registration online myself, proceeded to the bank to make payment of the official amount of 6350naira, took receipt of payment to FRSC for data capturing. Bros I was forced to pay another 3000naira in their office with no receipt for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2016
xdos:
I did mine at Enugu central command sometime in February I think. I got it within 2 working days. I only appreciated the ASP who did it for me. He didn't ask me for money. Go to the NPF website. It is very straight fwd.

Can we have the site address please? Thank you.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Sojebrand(m): 6:42am On Aug 20, 2016
I taught it's been ban, because u dear not drive a tinted car in lekki without the police with there Van not stop you, even at night grin
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Kobicove(m): 6:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Drpaulse:
everyone is saying, "do it online"
Please provide the site.
I'm sure I'll be able to get mine done soonest.

This is the link to the site:

http://npf.gov.ng/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by bornmekus: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2016
Tinted permit is free, I did the capturing last month at police headquarters in Asaba . I never and did not pay any money. Although they captures maximum of 10 people a day. so, If you want to do it there, you go by 3 to 4am.
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by jazinogold(m): 7:01am On Aug 20, 2016
na so I dy waka with my dark shade...naim some group of policemen stop me dy ask for my tinted permit for my dark shade. I told them am not driving a car. naim one reply pointing at my sandals... no b leggedize Benz u dy drive so! I *fainted* on the spot.

How many likes for our intelligent policemen...!

9 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2016
dd my free .,,jus print out my car info on there website proceeded to ikeja police command n i got d permit (temporary) ceerificate yet to b out ..almost free asides buyin fuel,, sprite n gala,on my way.

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Africanpride123(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Its free at Enugu, just that the officer remains a naija police...he asked for money for printout i gave him 500, he thanked me!
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by victorazy(m): 7:15am On Aug 20, 2016
Vision2045:
WHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF. coolWHATS THE USE OF IT. WASTE OF TIME AND RESOURCES NA HIN TINTED GLASS ABI...ABI TINTED GLASS NA BULLET PROOF.

I bet u don't have car.

Gold is for the ppl that knows the value

2 Likes

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by colossus2: 7:17am On Aug 20, 2016
bornmekus:
Tinted permit is free, I did the capturing last month at police headquarters in Asaba . I never and did not pay any money. Although they captures maximum of 10 people a day. so, If you want to do it there, you go by 3 to 4am.
Who told you some persons don't pay. You did it free but some persons pay.
The police force try to frustrate people.
Now ask yourself why limit it to 10 persons in one day. Why want people to come as early as 5am to book a space. In edo state it's max of 20 persons a day. Even at that you might not get captured until noon. If you miss your turn you come back another day. It's crazily frustrating. That's their method for the extortion.
Even the 20 persons are made to pay a compulsory 1000 naira for the fuel used in running their generator.
That's 20k extortion a day, if you don't meet up the space booking of 20 person and you still wanna do it , negotiation starts from 8k and they will never accept anything less than 5k.
Nigeria my country
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by stchinedu: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2016
bravolad:

Tinted glass permit is absolutely free. All you need to do is to make the required application at their website and upload your vehicle license and proof of ownership ensuring that your policy no is valid online with FRSC.

Get your print out and proceed to any police command. There are some phone numbers listed on their website for complaints, you can call any of those number to lodge a complain.

Beware, those asking you for money may issue you with fake permit. Approval is also down online.

Don't just sit and complain, be proactive in your approach.

I did mine in Abuja.

You said it all !!!
Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by Slimchase(m): 7:28am On Aug 20, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

Can we have the site address please? Thank you.

Just type "NPF Tinted Permit" in google and click d 1st link dat will pop up.
Ur sure bet of opening d site is @ late nite cos there is always trafic on it during d day.

I did mine online and proceeded 2 d Police station near Enugu new Sectariat fo capturing. I just appreciated d fair guy with #1,500 after d capturing and I made him to know dat even when I know d tinted permit is free, dat I just decided to appreciate him and he seems very happy.

1 Like

Re: Tinted Permit:what Is The Cost In Your Area? by viver1: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2016
Kobicove:

This is the link to the site:
http://npf.gov.ng/
Tnx mate

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions / Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.