Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise (28794 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Should I Resign My New Job For A Contract Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:48am On Aug 19, 2016
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by dominique(f): 4:55am On Aug 19, 2016
This is what happens when people can't make independent decisions without involving their cleric. At this point your friend has to decide which is more important. His family's welfare or his pastor's approval. Pastor's approval don't put food on the table or pay school fees o.

265 Likes 17 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by alex81(m): 4:58am On Aug 19, 2016
shocked shocked shocked

as long as he doesnt take too much alcohol and does not womanise... carry go my brother , Enjoy ya jab! grin tongue

i did my IT there. der are pastors n evangelists working der for ur info.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by saxwizard(m): 5:11am On Aug 19, 2016
that pastor is selfish selfish

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by duduade: 5:17am On Aug 19, 2016
Will the pastor be feeding him and his dependants...

Nonsense.... Pastor judging ... Cause it's an alcoholic company...

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by thesicilian: 5:53am On Aug 19, 2016
The pastor needs to be born again

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by dahmie2013: 5:59am On Aug 19, 2016
I understd d Pastor, but one thing is ur relatnship with God. Dere is a level u get 2 with God, d Bible calls it Strong Meat, where u can discern between good & evil.
If I where in his shoes, I will take the job & 4rm dere begin 2 look 4 anoda if i'm not comfortable. Also, u cannot tell me it's everyone dat works in NB dat drinks & d next questn is how where dey able 2 do dat? By discipline&keeping wise company. Tell ur friend, even in d banks, telecomms, oil & gas, fmcg's & oda coy's dey have ppl dat drink heavily, so how long will he continue 2 run. U can't keep running away 4rm temptatns, but as Christians, we are empowered 2 overcome thru d Word of God. He cannot run all his life, let him take d job.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by DUNKA(m): 6:05am On Aug 19, 2016
Please take the job oh. Pastor will still collect your tithes

Waiting for Seun's comments grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Sezua(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2016
please pass me the job. I'm sure my pastor wnt mind

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by MrHighSea: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Delete the pastor and quit the church.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Slimmos(m): 6:17pm On Aug 19, 2016
Na d pastor go feed hin family? I am very sure if dat pastor's relative gets such appointment, he wont advice him to reject it. Is d pastor God? Wat is wrong with working with a brewery sef? As for me, I can even open a brothel cuz I care less about wat anybody says, cuz the most important thing is how the bills are being paid.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm, the Pastor is right on this one. Resign
Alcohol is haram shikenan.

15 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by boman2014: 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
if your friend followed the pastor advice than he is a BIG FOOOL.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by stagger: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
OP,
Tell your friend to know God by himself. Seeking counsel from pastors on issues you should settle with God directly is not the way to go.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by nevilbot: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
The mistake most so called born again people make including this pastor is the erroneously false belief that they think d bible condemns drinking of alcohol. This is wat u get wen Nigeria is filled with my pastor says type of Christian and not d bible says. Y don't u read ur bible ursef and see wat d bible says on alcohol.

He should better take the job cus that pastor won't give him part of the offering to feed his family and pay rent and sch fees oo

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by StOla: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Let your friend quit the job and also become a lazy pastor who feeds fat on the sweat of hardworking congregation who have to toil in the sun everyday.

When everyone becomes a pastor, the older lazy pastors will beg the new ones to return into the world and apply for any job, even chief brewer, so as to keep the church purse full.

7 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by MKSON(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Its not every open door that's from God. It's not as if the job is bad in itself but you become who you are not after a while. I believe that God would give him another while trusting Him. Don't take something that would kill you. It's a rather difficult step of faith he'd have to take but its worth it

My 2cents

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
With all due respect, the pastor is very silly
Is the pastor even aware that the Nigerian breweries does not produce only beer?? Abi who does he think makes the maltina, amstel Malta, fayrouz, hi malt etc.that he guzzles everyday
And even if it's only alcohol, so what
I bet my own salary that the same pastor will collect all the tithes and prophet offerings from this evil job
MtcheEeeeew

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by espn(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
Hunger will teach him a lesson..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by abumeinben(m): 1:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin
Pastor shoouuuhhh!!!!

Dont be suprised that some of these pastors are shareholders in these breweries. Besides, how's beer consumption a sin?

Even some Catholic Fathers (No offense) drink bia. Does that make them sinners?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by DonCortino: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
Good morning everyone. i dont really know if here is the righr place to post this? Mods pls move it to the right section just in case this post misses its way to the wrong section.

A friend of mine called me yesterday to break the good news that he got a miracle job early this month with Nigeria Brewries Limited as a maintenance engineer. you will agree with me that NBL is one of the few coy in Nigeria today that has fantastic renumuration packages for it workforce.

just last sunday, after the church service my friend, with all the excitement in him decided to informed his pastor about the recent ugrade that has just started in his life. when he told his pastor about the job he just got with the Nigerian Brewries, the pastor's countenance changed immediately. he told my friend that he should immediately resign from the job on the excuse that such job opportunity does not glorified God and that it will lead him to hell fire. My friends has dependants who are looking up to him for support. his wife and four kids are there to take care of. At the moment he is at a cross road contemplating on weather to quit the job cos of the pastor's biblical assertions or hold on to the job for his family sake.

Counsellors in the house, please what do you advise he should do in this situaton. thanks.

Stories like this irk me completely! angry

Tell the fool to obey his demi-god of a pastor! Rubbish!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by adwem2003(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Has the pastor been feeding your family?

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by baby124: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lol, this is a joke right? Only if that same pastor will ask his tithe paying congregation or even care the source of their tithe money. It seems like OP and his friend are addicted to poverty. Don't go and find work! When your wife run away with your kids because of hunger, I hope pastor will be able to feed you, house you and fork you.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2016
What kind of pastor is that?.

He's to only work in a brewery company and not to consume all the drinks...why ask him to quit his job?, is not against any of God's commandment.

Your friend should meet another pastor for a proper counselling.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by yomi007k(m): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Let him keep his job n change his church.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by EmekaBlue(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
churchy friend should listen to his pastor o and dnt accept d job..He wil pray for another miraculous job for him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by talk2archy: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
brb
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by talk2archy: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
Brb
Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by muzzafar(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
The first miracle Jesus did was to turn water into wine the truth is Not all those on suits parading themselves as pastors should be regarded as pastors majority of them are wolves in sheep clothing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Religion is good but there are too many stupid people practicing it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Pastor Prayed For A Miraculous Job For Him But Now He Is Advising Otherwise by omorttee4u(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
It's very simple. Tell your friend not break down about this. Let him keep the job, to support his family, consequently look-out for another job.

He has to keep searching, while on this job. He need to live...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

That Act Of Discrimination By Virgin Atlantic Airways / 4 Truths About Dating A Co-worker / A Nairalander Sent Me N25,000 After Reading My Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.