Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks (1040 Views)

Need Advice On Buying A New Laptop Rangin Frm 85-100K. / ALL SOLD. THANKS / HELLO, Please Help A Novice In Getting A New Laptop . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by Christeety: 10:23am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello Peeps.

Pardon me, if its a little bit lengthy. I need to explain fully so that you can understand and advise me on what step to take. Thanks

March 2016, My laptop suddenly stopped Powering ON. I took it to different repair centers and computer village. They all said the same thing that the MOTHERBOARD was faulty.

To be on the safer side. I decided to take it to the 'Brand' Repair center, that way I can be guaranteed that they would do a good job. I was thereafter billed #25,000 to repair the Motherboard.

After two weeks, my laptop stopped powering on again. (Even,after they changed the motherboard). I returned it back, since I was given (3 Months) warranty. They repaired it immediately and gave it back to me. About 4 days later, same thing happened. I took it back and they repaired it.

It kept occurring like that till the 3months warranty elapsed. In total, have taken it back like 8-10 times. Yet I still have the same issue. (SYSTEM NOT POWERING ON). Now, am being told that there's nothing they can do about the laptop.

I feel I have been cheated because they know I have little knowledge about computer. I have decided to seek justice by going to meet the company's manager. But I need to work on facts, so that they would know that I can't be cheated.

ANALYSIS:
1) With my little knowledge, It's obviously not possible for a New Motherboard to stop working after two weeks. (Please correct me if am wrong)

2) It's either they kept a bad motherboard or they didn't change it at all, but pocketed my money.

3) Since i have been having this issue right before the warranty elapsed... can I still make claim?

Please guys, I need your advise. 25,000 is too much to be cheated on. How do I get justice?.

I await your questions, suggestions and advise.

Thanks. God bless you all
Re: Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by Christeety: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Re: Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by femarse: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
the motherboard was not change it was repair and if u know much about your system that would have help like the motherboard version and stuff like that
Re: Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by thowbie7ven(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bro, u made a mistake from the onset...if I were you, would've told dem to produce the old mother board for me...you said it got fixed almost immediately the second time you took it there...even afterwards, you still went...would've told dem on all those times I went to let me see the said new one that was fixed...25k is too much to be cheated on these days....
Re: Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by Christeety: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
femarse:
the motherboard was not change it was repair and if u know much about your system that would have help like the motherboard version and stuff like that

Thanks for the reply.

Exactly my thought. I feel it wasn't replaced. Cos it stopped powering on again after two weeks that it was changed.

I was told now that it might be power switch problem or battery problem. He's requesting that I bring in money to change it.
I don't know what to do. Pls advise.
Thanks
Re: Please Help A Novice Get Justice...i Need Advice. Thanks by Christeety: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2016
thowbie7ven:
Bro, u made a mistake from the onset...if I were you, would've told dem to produce the old mother board for me...you said it got fixed almost immediately the second time you took it there...even afterwards, you still went...would've told dem on all those times I went to let me see the said new one that was fixed...25k is too much to be cheated on these days....

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I made a mistake. And I guess its because I have little knowledge about computer.
Yes. It stopped powering on after two weeks that the motherboard was changed. Every time I go dere to complain, the guy will work on it and give it back to me within few minutes.

Have asked him severally about the issue, he said it seems its the battery. That he usually remove the battery and re insert it, then it Powers on back. (But when I get home, it will only work for few hours, before it stops powering on).
Now he's saying its a power switch or battery issue. I don't want to spend money to replace them and yet the system won't work.

Pls kindly advise, how do I know if the motherboard is fake.. Cos am thinking I should tell him to test the motherboard in my presence with another system. Just to be sure. But I don't know how to detect a fake motherboard. Pls advise.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Windows 8.1 Laptop Won't Connect To The Internet, Though It Says Its Connected / Showmore - A Versatile Free Tool for Computer Screen Recording / Lenovo G Series 1tb 8gb Ram Core I5 Price= 130k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.