Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano (1115 Views)

120 Cut-off Mark Is A Trap, My Advice To Those Seeking Admission / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike / The Cancellation Of Post Utme, A Blessing To Our Educational System. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by husseydelta(m): 10:46am On Aug 19, 2016
following the recent policy by the ministry of education scraping for the conduct of post utme exercise in Nigeria varsities this has become a hot cake for most federal universities where by students seeking for admission are in complex quantity.
for Bayero University Kano post utme exersize remain constant but only the name has been changed by "screening exercise", and they have published their own cut of marks for each faculty and short list students seeking for admission into the school irrespective of your jamb score.
imagine a student with 218 as his jamb score, applied for any course in the faculty of med/pharm/and allied could not be able to come for the screening exercise because the cut off mark is 220 above.
why not to be considered into other courses? or does that mean that the course you choose has become your fate? a student with 184 in micro biology will be screen leaving a student with 200 above unscreen? please is this a favor to students? what does scraping post utme caused? a favor or a fate, justice or injustice? merit or demerit?
please with these I forward my questions to the universities, governments and stakeholders and any concerned ministry/board, examination boards nationally and internationally , and a solution should be solved to sort out this issues... Thanks

yours faithfully
Hussain Harun madobi (Husseydelta)
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by Abdul8quite(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2016
That's a grave mistake indeed by the school senate and a calamity to the affected aspirants. They need to rethink and solve this problem.
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by betochuks1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2016
Bro, in ur second paragraph, u made mention of post utme a constant, nd dat the name was only changed to utme screening. Does it mean there will be any writing exams? Cos I'm an aspirant
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by husseydelta(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
yes be ready coz there will be writing exams
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by Captainz102(m): 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2016
You said earlier that someone with 184 will can screened and someone with more 200 will be left over for micro biology. But the cut off mark for micro biology is 190, so how can sm1 with 184 be screened.
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by betochuks1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
husseydelta:
yes be ready coz there will be writing exams
I don't think so. The government clearly stated post utme exams is banned
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by Affable0709(m): 10:00pm On Aug 19, 2016

Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by emmyrabson(m): 6:07am On Aug 20, 2016
betochuks1:

I don't think so. The government clearly stated post utme exams is banned
there will be exam. it's confirmed
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by kelmicheal: 6:47am On Aug 20, 2016
emmyrabson:
there will be exam. it's confirmed
stop decieving your self and others because u are not shortlisted means u should talk trash against the school they are doing the right thing and did u knw the statistics numbers of buk aspirants and the availabe carring capacity even those shortlisted are not all guaranty for admissions.lastly there will be no writen text whatsover NO POST UTME TEXT
Re: Scraping Post Utme A Calamity To Students Seeking Admission Into BUK Kano by kelmicheal: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2016
husseydelta:
following the recent policy by the ministry of education scraping for the conduct of post utme exercise in Nigeria varsities this has become a hot cake for most federal universities where by students seeking for admission are in complex quantity.
for Bayero University Kano post utme exersize remain constant but only the name has been changed by "screening exercise", and they have published their own cut of marks for each faculty and short list students seeking for admission into the school irrespective of your jamb score.
imagine a student with 218 as his jamb score, applied for any course in the faculty of med/pharm/and allied could not be able to come for the screening exercise because the cut off mark is 220 above.
why not to be considered into other courses? or does that mean that the course you choose has become your fate? a student with 184 in micro biology will be screen leaving a student with 200 above unscreen? please is this a favor to students? what does scraping post utme caused? a favor or a fate, justice or injustice? merit or demerit?
please with these I forward my questions to the universities, governments and stakeholders and any concerned ministry/board, examination boards nationally and internationally , and a solution should be solved to sort out this issues... Thanks

yours faithfully
Hussain Harun madobi (Husseydelta)
stop decieving your self and others because u are not shortlisted means u should talk trash against the school they are doing the right thing and did u knw the statistics numbers of buk aspirants and the availabe carring capacity even those shortlisted are not all guaranty for admissions.lastly there will be no writen text whatsover NO POST UTME TEXT

(1) (Reply)

AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY...... Screening Exercise Released / 7 Crazy Things I Did Back Then Secondary School Because Of Girls / JAMB 2017 Mock:how To Locate Your Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.