Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad (5185 Views)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Hate (questions To Be Answer) / PDP Plotted Igbo Hate Song - APC Chairman, Oyegun / Why Do Igbo(ipob)tlyoot Support Donald Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by ridwanayo(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Since I joined this forum I have noticed lot of bile nd hatred btw yoruba nd igbo's(though yoruba's are also giulty),but igbo own is to much.
I could remember when the biafra issue was still hot one igbo gal(maybe ganisucks) said her dream is dat igbo's shud invade s.west nd conquer the yoruba,take lagos from them nd also send them to cotonou to die of poverty,nd dats her real dream nt biafra.
Yesterday ibadan made it to top 10fast developin cities in africa nd a guy'betterakwaibom'went ahead to open a thread showing slums in ibadan just out of hatred,nd we all know onitsha is d dirtiest city in africa.
Today there was a rumour bout lagos to be made the 2nd capital of nigeria,this would be a great developmen for lagos,but the igbo brought there tribalistic self into the thread nd was bitchiing.sayin atlast lagos in no man's land.well lagos towns,city,street would still maintain its yoruba name,its yoruba king,nd after english yoruba would remain the most recognised language there.the controllers of lagos would remain yoruba's nd if nigeria divide it would remaina yoruba land.one igbo guy even gave thumps up to the northern law makers(I though they said they hate the north),nd he said north nd east lawmakers shud unite nd support the bill,but he wants s.west senators to help igbo's demand for referendum.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by xedyl(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
Free your mind from hate... Spiritual healing_tu baba
Don't let there hatred get to you...they can hate as much as possible it is with there heart they carry the weight.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 2:33pm On Aug 19, 2016
I've finished reading this and came up with one conclusion........ The op is high on liberian weed grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by Gozzzy(m): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2016
Op, emancipate yourself from mental slavery... We don't hate you people, we just don't wanna associate with you people. The hatred u ar talking about, is the reverse, cos an average Yoruba dat has a cup of water and sees an Igbo dying of thirst, would rather pour the water into the gutter than extend it to the Igbo. You can't say the same about Igbos. Take it anywhere. Our only fault as a people is our pride, which even paves ways for us in all ramifications.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by mazimee(m): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
You are bias and you know it, but I will leave that for another OP to do justice to your delusion. The truth is that, the so called hate between the yoruba and Igbo ends here on this forum. I doesn't go beyond this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by Likei(m): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
nobody hates anyone, op you need psychological help.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by mazimee(m): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
The truth is that, the so called hate between the Yoruba and Igbo ends here on this forum. I doesn't go beyond this forum.
I won't fail to mention that you are bias and you know it, but I will leave that for another OP to do justice to your delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by deluxez12(m): 2:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:
Since I joined this forum I have noticed lot of bile nd hatred btw yoruba nd igbo's(though yoruba's are also giulty),but igbo own is to much.
I could remember when the biafra issue was still hot one igbo gal(maybe ganisucks) said her dream is dat igbo's shud invade s.west nd conquer the yoruba,take lagos from them nd also send them to cotonou to die of poverty,nd dats her real dream nt biafra.
Yesterday ibadan made it to top 10fast developin cities in africa nd a guy'betterakwaibom'went ahead to open a thread showing slums in ibadan just out of hatred,nd we all know onitsha is d dirtiest city in africa.
Today there was a rumour bout lagos to be made the 2nd capital of nigeria,this would be a great developmen for lagos,but the igbo brought there tribalistic self into the thread nd was bitchiing.sayin atlast lagos in no man's land.well lagos towns,city,street would still maintain its yoruba name,its yoruba king,nd after english yoruba would remain the most recognised language there.the controllers of lagos would remain yoruba's nd if nigeria divide it would remaina yoruba land.one igbo guy even gave thumps up to the northern law makers(I though they said they hate the north),nd he said north nd east lawmakers shud unite nd support the bill,but he wants s.west senators to help igbo's demand for referendum.

To the igbo's I thought the north is ur number one enermy,why all the evil campaign against yoruba's?.are u dat confused
this guy think abt something more profitable and leave Igbo and Yoruba arguments alone
..it will not put food on your table

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by HydrogenForest: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:
[s]Since I joined this forum I have noticed lot of bile nd hatred btw yoruba nd igbo's(though yoruba's are also giulty),but igbo own is to much.

To the igbo's I thought the north is ur number one enermy,why all the evil campaign against yoruba's?.are u dat confused[/s]

You should reverse your question and ask why yorubas hate Igbos so much.

awolowo betrayed Ojukwu during the civil war.

benjamin adekunle another yoruba took it upon himself to kill women & children

awolowo starved our people.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by attackgat: 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
mazimee:
The truth is that, the so called hate between the Yoruba and Igbo ends here on this forum. I doesn't go beyond this forum.
I won't fail to mention that you are bias and you know it, but I will leave that for another OP to do justice to your delusion.

Don't fool your self. Igbos and Yorubas don't like each other. In the history of Nigeria, the Igbo and Yoruba nations have never come together to do anything. We detest each other.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by mazimee(m): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
attackgat:

Don't fool your self. Igbos and Yorubas don't like each other. In the history of Nigeria, the Igbo and Yoruba nations have never come together to do anything. We detest each other.

I don't reside in any of the South western states but i have friends from Yoruba tribe that are my pals. We are very free with each other, non harbours hate for the other.
The fact that you have been unsuccessful at building relationship with people from the other side doesn't mean that others are not doing so.
You are the one that needs to up your game as regards to how to relate with other people from the other side .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by ckmayoca: 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
Deal with things that happens around ur neighbourhood, place of work and general public aand forget nairaland cos nairaland is place where ppl come to catch fun.
Outside Nairaland I ve never seen any hates.
Yoruba boys doing baranda for ibo boys in ibadan that's business and no hate. Yoruba pdp attacks yoruba apc that's politics not hate

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by One1after: 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
mazimee:

Pls pls. We have nothing in common with Ibhoes. We both hate each other and it will forever be so. I have nothing in common with Ibhoes. What i dont know is why they still troop to SW even when there is hatred, never been to there region and can never go there ever.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
attackgat:

olamide is yoruba and phyno is igbo.
My girlfriend is yoruba and am igbo grin
so what else are you talking about

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
One1after:

Pls pls. We have nothing in common with Ibhoes. We both hate each other and it will forever be so. I have nothing in common with Ibhoes. What i dont know is why they still troop to SW even when there is hatred, never been to there region and can never go there ever.
wonder what this one is talking about

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by attackgat: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
mazimee:

I don't reside in any of the South western states but i have friends from Yoruba tribe that are my pals. We are very free with each other, non harbours hate for the other.
The fact that you have been unsuccessful at building relationship with people from the other side doesn't mean that others are not doing so.
You are the one that needs to up your game as regards to how to relate with other people from the other side .

I never said Igbos and Yorubas hate each other, I said they don't like each other. As tribes, Yorubas and Igbos don't see eye to eye, we just tolerate each other for the sake of civility. Rarely have I seen any Igbo man say he loves Yorubas collectively as a tribe and can't say I have seen any Yoruba say the same about Igbos. In terms of Nigeria, Igbos and Yorubas have too much bad history since before indepedence and after

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by Ngozi123(f): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hasn't this poster made a similar thread before? If so, why can't you just bump your old thread instead of creating unnecessary clutter in the politics section?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by attackgat: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
EpicMaurice:

olamide is yoruba and phyno is igbo.
My girlfriend is yoruba and am igbo grin
so what else are you talking about

You can have a Yoruba girlfriend, even marry a Yoruba woman. It doesn't necessarily mean that you like Yorubas as a people. BTW, Phyno isn't Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by One1after: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
EpicMaurice:

wonder what this one is talking about

Go buy a new brain at Jumia so you can atleast read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by speakingbeing(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
deluxez12:

this guy think abt something more profitable and leave Igbo and Yoruba arguments alone
..it will not put food on your
table
the reason why lgbo may advice yoruba 's may be to come out of the betraying idea.
Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
One1after:

Go buy a new brain at Jumia so you can atleast read and comprehend.
i am goin to be the mature one and not insult you back

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 3:58pm On Aug 19, 2016
attackgat:

You can have a Yoruba girlfriend, even marry a Yoruba woman. It doesn't necessarily mean that you like Yorubas as a people. BTW, Phyno isn't Igbo.
i dont hate yoruba people.

And biko, if phyno is not igbo, do you mind telling me where he is from grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by One1after: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
EpicMaurice:

i am goin to be the mature one and not insult you back

You thrw the first punch and now trying to play the victim card. Swerve jor

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by RockHard: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:

To the igbo's I thought the north is ur number one enermy,why all the evil campaign against yoruba's?.are u dat confused

Guy, their hatred is irrational so don't hold your breadth expecting a rational explanation. Until and unless this country breaks-up, they will continue to hate us for reasons even they can't explain. It's in their blood to hate others. Infact sef, they hate everybody that they can't dominate over. Na dem get their wahala. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by tundexijim(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Gozzzy:
Op, emancipate yourself from mental slavery... We don't hate you people, we just don't wanna associate with you people. The hatred u ar talking about, is the reverse, cos an average Yoruba dat has a cup of water and sees an Igbo dying of thirst, would rather pour the water into the gutter than extend it to the Igbo. You can't say the same about Igbos. Take it anywhere. Our only fault as a people is our pride, which even paves ways for us in all ramifications.

U claim u don't want to associate ursef with us yet u litter everywhere in Yoruba land (igbos don't only stay in Lagos, they are well in other part of yoruba states).. Is that how u have Yoruba everywhere in ur land.... If u truly don't want to associate ursef then u should go back to ur land and develop it instead of hating on ur host...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by EpicMaurice(m): 4:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
One1after:

You thrw the first punch and now trying to play the victim card. Swerve jor
biko how and from where did i throw the first punch.
Just meant you should speak for yourself and not generalise the whole thing.
That you hate everyone doesnt mean everyone hates everyone.

Anyways no offence taken. Its not your fault.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by kernel504(m): 4:19pm On Aug 19, 2016
ridwanayo:

Confused as Waste.
Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by ridwanayo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
HydrogenForest:

You should reverse your question and ask why yorubas hate Igbos so much.

awolowo betrayed Ojukwu during the civil war.

benjamin adekunle another yoruba took it upon himself to kill women & children

awolowo starved our people.
awolowo doesn't owe u shit,he only said if biafra succed in seceding,he would also secede.ojukwu betrayed awolowo first,he invaded ore with the plan of takin over lagos,awolowo had to step into war.in war u win through any means,u don't expect awolowo to feed the people he his fighting against,so they can feed fat nd fight him,that's act of war bro.did boro from ijaw nt fight against biafra,did danjuma from middle belt nt fight against biafra,what of gowon who started the war nd lot of hausa/fulani,why are u nt wishin ijaw nd the entire north evil,why only yoruba's.
U can only hate but u won't stop our shine

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by T8ksy(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
RockHard:

Guy, their hatred is irrational so don't hold your breadth expecting a rational explanation. Until and unless this country breaks-up, they will continue to hate us for reasons even they can't explain. It's in their blood to hate others. [b] Infact sef, they hate everybody that they can't dominate over. [/b]Na dem get their wahala. undecided

GBOSA!!! You have just hit the nail onits head .

Long before the colonialist left our shores, they were already bragging about dominating the rest of us in the new-to-be independent nation.

Even before independence, Ibo man wanted to rule Yoruba land but when we diplomatically declined his " magnanimous offer", they claim we are bonafide tribalists! shocked

Truth is an Ibo man will hate you if you continually resist his numerous but infantile attempts to exploit/cheat/dominate you.

He will end up claiming you "hate" him or are "envious" of his phamton achievements, if you won't allow him the opportunity to cheat you.......or have one on you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by T8ksy(m): 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2016
tundexijim:

U claim u don't want to associate ursef with us yet u litter everywhere in Yoruba land (igbos don't only stay in Lagos, they are well in other part of yoruba states).. Is that how u have Yoruba everywhere in ur land.... If u truly don't want to associate ursef then u should go back to ur land and develop it instead of hating on ur host...

Don't mind them. I truly don't understand these folks. They claim we hate then yet they can't stay away from our region. Whilst they prosper in our land they still openly exhibit deep hostility towards us and wish all manner of calamity will befall us.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by striker9(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2016
I can't say before the election maybe they hated sw but after GEJ lost, its became obvious that they hated the fact majority from sw supported he's removal.
Re: Why Do Igbo's Hate Yoruba So Much Nd Wish Them Bad by T8ksy(m): 5:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
striker9:
I can't say before the election maybe they hated sw but after GEJ lost, its became obvious that they hated the fact majority from sw supported he's removal.

But it was the same Sw who ensured that Jonathan took his rightful place in Aso rock after the death of his boss, Yar adua and also voted overwhelmingly for him in 2011.

The hatred has always been there for all to perceive but somehow you were just oblivious to its huge presence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Niger Delta Oil Irrelevant. / See This Photo Of Tinubu At The Presidential Villa / SUMAS: UNN Academicians Hail Gov. Ugwuanyi’s Giant Strides In Education Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.